Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Dixie Promotes Fan Fave to Regular

Hart of Dixie Cast Kaitlyn BlackBubbly belle Annabeth is officially a full-time Bluebell resident.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Hart of Dixie has promoted fan fave Kaitlyn Black to series regular in Season 3.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

“I’m overjoyed to be joining such a talented cast and extremely grateful to be part of the CW family,” the actress tells TVLine of her status bump.

Black has recurred on the CW charmer since early Season 1.

As Dixie creator Leila Gerstein explains it, promoting Black for the upcoming run was a no-brainer. “Kaitlyn started off with one line, and we fell in love with her,” the showrunner gushes. “Her part has grown and grown as the writing staff has become more enraptured with Annabeth (and Kaitlyn). And, at this point, she has become so integral to the series — as Lemon’s best friend, as Lavon’s girlfriend, and as Zoe’s confidante — that we needed to make sure she was all ours!”

But prepare yourselves, Dixie fans: This full-time Annabeth comes with some major alterations. “She’s becoming a lesbian, a vampire and a murderer,” Gerstein jokes. “And she may start her own jam business. Some of these may be true. You have to watch to see.”

Dixie returns for Season 3 on Monday, Oct. 7 at 8/7c.

Comments (30)

• Finally! Annabeth is one of the BEST characters on Hart of Dixie. Can’t wait for season 3.

Comment by Jared – July 26, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I’ve been waiting this for ages! I really like her character

Comment by D. – July 26, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on how/if Jonah will be back? I LOVED him with Zoe, possibly even more than Wade… but only possibly.

Comment by Liz – July 26, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jonah is such a jerk though!

Comment by bradick – July 26, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, being difficult seems to be a Breeland trait.

Comment by Temperenace – July 26, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s my favorite

Comment by GeoDiva – July 26, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well, finally! love her in HOD!

Comment by t86 – July 26, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See, this is some good news, I LOVE AB!!

Comment by Dominique – July 26, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I really fell for Annabeth in season 2 and she is one of my favorites on the show.

Comment by Eliza – July 26, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Annabeth. Such a sweetheart. Glad she’ll be more involved this season :)

Comment by CJ – July 26, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is so LOVELY! I adore her. She is just perfect, I hate her a bit for meddling with Lemon-Lavon but she is an awesome First Lady! :DD

Comment by Maki – July 26, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YYYAAAAYYYY! LOVE HER.

Comment by Mike – July 26, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy about the news! She is my fav and she is perfect! Annavon forever!

Comment by Leonie1988 – July 26, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome!! love Annabeth

Comment by mia – July 26, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like AB but her sl the last half of season two was boring, plus I can’t forget th couple times she’s Ben a horrible friend:dumping Zoe as a friend publicly cause Zoe was the town pariah and she(AB) wanted to be new Memory Matron/in Lemons good graces.And dating Lavon knowing Lemon ,her BFF, is in love with him.

Comment by Brandy – July 26, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perhaps now that she’s a regular, the writing staff will be more consistent.

Comment by Temperenace – July 26, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news is over five weeks old, when it was first reported.

Comment by Jason – July 26, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have stopped watching the show after the first few eps of s2..they made George and tansy date,why????that made me leave the show..then I heard wade cheated on zoe..Really???the writers are so annoying..the only person I miss is rose..call me when george and zoe start dating..till then

Comment by ruby – July 26, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know how you feel, Ruby! Until the writers give Zoe and George a chance I won’t be watching Hart of Dixie!

Comment by Caro – July 26, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’er missing out. George/Tansy is one of the cutest couples on the show.

Comment by Meghan – July 28, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I like her a lot.

Comment by Kristina – July 26, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy she’s a series regular. I love her character Annabeth. I can’t wait to see more of her in season 3.

Comment by Joey – July 26, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. I love me some Annabeth, favorite character in the show.

Comment by JT – July 26, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously this is the best news. I was hoping she’d be promoted to a series regular. Love the character and the future story potential.

Comment by Tracie – July 26, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About time!

Comment by Summer – July 26, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best scenario for me: Zoe-Jonah, George-Tansy, Lavon-AB and Lemon-Wade

Comment by Summer – July 27, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Annabeth. Very happy she’s going to be around regularly.

Comment by Alice – July 27, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im still waiting for Lemon and Levon. I will go down with that ship…

Comment by Naazneen – July 29, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i didnt realize she wasnt!

Comment by shann – July 29, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post