AMC Orders to Series Halt & Catch Fire, Starring Lee Pace, and Nikita Boss' Colonial Spy Drama

Lee_PaceAMC for the first time ever has greenlit two new drama series in one fell swoop, it was announced Friday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

First up is Halt & Catch Fire, which is set in the early 1980s and chronicles the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary (played by Pushing Daisies‘ Lee Pace), an engineer (Bones‘ Scoot McNairy) and a prodigy (Mackenzie Rio Davis).

Jonathan Lisco (The District, Southland) will serve as showrunner, exec-producing with Breaking Bad and Rectify‘s Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein.

VIDEO | Hell On Wheels Season 3 Video: Cullen Takes Charge, Makes No Apologies

Also on track to hit your TV screen is Turn, which was adapted from Alexander Rose’s novel Washington Spies by Nikita boss Craig Silverstein. Set in 1778, the series follows a New York farmer (Billy Elliott‘s Jamie Bell) who, with a group of childhood friends, forms The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence.

Kevin McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Angus MacFadyen (Braveheart), Burn Gorman (Torchwood), Seth Numrich (The Good Wife), Heather Lind (Boardwalk Empire) and Daniel Henshall (Out of the Blue) also star. Barry Josephson (Bones) will serve as EP alongside Silverstein.

But first, AMC has the new drama Low Winter Sun bowing this Aug. 11 (watch a sneak peek).

Comments (19)

• Yes! Lee Pace will be back on my TV screen!

Comment by Eric – July 26, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this bad news for The Killing? Really want a fourth season! Raitings working against that, unfortunatly.

Comment by Sarah – July 26, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree this season has been amazing

Comment by jen – July 26, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premise of Halt & Catch Fire sounds kind of boring to me, but I’m all for anything that puts Lee Pace back on my tv screen.

Comment by Jaime – July 26, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same way! Maybe we can turn off the sound & just watch him…

Comment by Sheila – July 26, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lee Pace is reason enough to watch. Sounds interesting anyway, with some truly great people behind it. Looking forward to it.

Comment by CJ – July 26, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the time these shows debut, both Breaking Bad and Mad Men will be done. They need at least one of these two or Low Winter Sun to be great.

Comment by Superhero – July 26, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch anything Lee Pace does, and it doesn’t hurt that AMC has done an excellent job in branding themselves with outstanding programming.

Comment by CR – July 26, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m more interested in Turn but I’ll check out both

Comment by meatwad – July 26, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Halt and Catch Fire sounds really interesting to me. It looks as though shows set in the 80s is going to be an “in thing” now with that show, Cold War drama from ABC and The Americans.

Comment by LaurenTVEA (@LaurenTVEA) – July 26, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lee Pace on my TV! My viewing experience is never really complete unless that’s happening.

Comment by Avi Sotonzadeh – July 26, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lee Pace and I love Jamie Bell so I’ll be checking both of these out.

Comment by Lauren – July 26, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lee Pace ♥ Will watch anything with him.

Comment by Eliza – July 26, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jamie Bell in a TV series as a spy? YES, please. :)) Jamie Bell as anything, really. ;-)

Comment by aynajine – July 26, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Turn. Nikita is so great I’ll watch anything Craig puts out

Comment by Ram510 – July 26, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • following the rise of the personal computer is a cool idea, cant believe no one has tried it before.
    after nikita i think i would watch just about anything made by craig silverstein, from the sounds of it it could be nikita during the war for independance and that is just a really cool idea.

Comment by Alan – July 27, 2013 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the premise of Halt & Catch Fire sounds absolutely horrible, but I miss Lee Pace on my TV. Turn sounds AMAZING and just the thing I didn’t know I was looking for.

Comment by Kayla – July 27, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lee Pace, I’ve missed you so. Let’s hope your show doesn’t suck.

Comment by Jill – July 29, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope The Killing is over soon or after the fourth season. Remake shouldn’t last longer than original.

Comment by C.White – July 29, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post