AMC Orders to Series Halt & Catch Fire, Starring Lee Pace, and Nikita Boss' Colonial Spy Drama

Lee_PaceAMC for the first time ever has greenlit two new drama series in one fell swoop, it was announced Friday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

First up is Halt & Catch Fire, which is set in the early 1980s and chronicles the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary (played by Pushing Daisies‘ Lee Pace), an engineer (Bones‘ Scoot McNairy) and a prodigy (Mackenzie Rio Davis).

Jonathan Lisco (The District, Southland) will serve as showrunner, exec-producing with Breaking Bad and Rectify‘s Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein.

VIDEO | Hell On Wheels Season 3 Video: Cullen Takes Charge, Makes No Apologies

Also on track to hit your TV screen is Turn, which was adapted from Alexander Rose’s novel Washington Spies by Nikita boss Craig Silverstein. Set in 1778, the series follows a New York farmer (Billy Elliott‘s Jamie Bell) who, with a group of childhood friends, forms The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence.

Kevin McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Angus MacFadyen (Braveheart), Burn Gorman (Torchwood), Seth Numrich (The Good Wife), Heather Lind (Boardwalk Empire) and Daniel Henshall (Out of the Blue) also star. Barry Josephson (Bones) will serve as EP alongside Silverstein.

But first, AMC has the new drama Low Winter Sun bowing this Aug. 11 (watch a sneak peek).

1. Eric says:

Yes! Lee Pace will be back on my TV screen!

2. Sarah says:

Is this bad news for The Killing? Really want a fourth season! Raitings working against that, unfortunatly.

3. Jaime says:

The premise of Halt & Catch Fire sounds kind of boring to me, but I’m all for anything that puts Lee Pace back on my tv screen.

4. CJ says:

Lee Pace is reason enough to watch. Sounds interesting anyway, with some truly great people behind it. Looking forward to it.

5. Superhero says:

By the time these shows debut, both Breaking Bad and Mad Men will be done. They need at least one of these two or Low Winter Sun to be great.

6. CR says:

I would watch anything Lee Pace does, and it doesn’t hurt that AMC has done an excellent job in branding themselves with outstanding programming.

7. meatwad says:

i’m more interested in Turn but I’ll check out both

8. Halt and Catch Fire sounds really interesting to me. It looks as though shows set in the 80s is going to be an “in thing” now with that show, Cold War drama from ABC and The Americans.

9. Lee Pace on my TV! My viewing experience is never really complete unless that’s happening.

10. Lauren says:

I love Lee Pace and I love Jamie Bell so I’ll be checking both of these out.

11. Eliza says:

Lee Pace ♥ Will watch anything with him.

12. aynajine says:

Jamie Bell in a TV series as a spy? YES, please. :)) Jamie Bell as anything, really. ;-)

13. Ram510 says:

Can’t wait for Turn. Nikita is so great I’ll watch anything Craig puts out

14. Alan says:

following the rise of the personal computer is a cool idea, cant believe no one has tried it before.
    after nikita i think i would watch just about anything made by craig silverstein, from the sounds of it it could be nikita during the war for independance and that is just a really cool idea.

15. Kayla says:

I think the premise of Halt & Catch Fire sounds absolutely horrible, but I miss Lee Pace on my TV. Turn sounds AMAZING and just the thing I didn’t know I was looking for.

16. Jill says:

Lee Pace, I’ve missed you so. Let’s hope your show doesn’t suck.

17. C.White says:

I hope The Killing is over soon or after the fourth season. Remake shouldn’t last longer than original.