Exclusive

Blue Bloods Exclusive: Meet Jamie Reagan's Pretty Little New Partner

Blue Bloods Season 4 Cast Vanessa RayPretty Little Liars player Vanessa Ray is relocating from Rosewood to the Big Apple, with a recurring role on Blue Bloods.

TVLine has learned exclusively that PLL‘s erstwhile wild child Cece Drake has been cast as Edit “Eddie” Janko, a rookie cop who is assigned as Jamie Reagan’s new partner upon graduating from the Academy.

RELATED | Blue Bloods Promotes Marisa Ramirez to Series Regular, as Danny’s Newest Partner

Described as “fresh, eager and ready to roll,” Eddie’s reasons for joining the NYPD, like Jamie’s, have to do with the circumstances of her upbringing — though she comes from a far different legacy than that of the Reagans.

Ray’s other TV credits include a March 2013 episode of The Mentalist, Suits (as Mike’s ex Jenny) and Damages Season 3. PLL‘s CeCe, meanwhile, is due to resurface in a pair of August episodes.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

Blue Bloods launches Season 4 on Friday, Sept. 27 at 10/9c, with Hawaii Five-0 as its new lead-in.

1. Sarah says:

Cece to be killed off in the summer finale? Me think so.

2. dude says:

Will this affect her role in PLL in the future?

3. Amy says:

Will their partnership also be romantic? Time for Jamie to get some action.

4. GS says:

I’m ready to see Jamie have a life outside of the uniform. It’s great to see the family side of Danny but he has zero chemistry with Amy Carlson. Erin needs to find someone too. Wish Bobby Cannavale would come back as the DA and them hook up. I just love Blue Bloods…lol.

5. tp says:

I forgot his partner was killed. Awwww….

6. laura says:

awesome news! I don’t watch PLL but enjoyed her breif stint on Suits. I always wished they had kept her on Suits,I preferred her character to Rachel, oh well.

7. sarah says:

I like her! I am sure she will become a love interest!

8. Thanh says:

I am so glad this story/spoiler is in relation to Jamie and not Danny. While I like Danny, I don’t watch just for the Danny show. I like the whole family. It’s just sad that Danny’s partner is given more air time than Grandpa Henry, or even Danny’s wife imo. I’d like more story for Jamie, as well as Erin, Frank, and Grandpa Henry.

9. Hti says:

I sure hope that she is not a love interest for Jamie. It would be so inappropriate for Jamie to have a sexual relationship with his training partner. It would be unethical and unprofessional. He needs to be with someone outside the job. Erin should fix him up with someone from her office. Either way, someone like Jamie wouldn’t be single this long. 😔

10. Lory says:

My husband and I love watching Blue Bloods, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Rizzoli & Isles…then there’s Bones (luv it), and I’m glad Parenthood is coming back! But what’s happening with The Mentalist? It’s another of our favorites. HGTV has some great shows my husband considers work (he built our home all alone)!

I think the best thing about Blue Bloods is the morality issue and topic of religion are key. Even though I love Bones, too, the moral standard is set too low…it’s too much like society in general (sectarian, in nature).

11. Kenneth says:

Did they mean to say her name was “Edith”, instead “Edit”? Because that’s a strange name.

12. Maya says:

I don’t like Jamie’s new partner. He should partner up with Ranzulli again. I hate the idea of him being romantically involved with his partner.

13. Boris Timinski says:

Watching an episode of Blue Bloods as I write this. Love the show, but the opening scene with Jamie and his ne w partner is a real,stretch. While chasing a perp, Jamie falls down and SHE runs the guy down and overpowers him and cuffs him. No way.
    I hope in the interest of political correctness that we don’t start being unrealistic.
    Come on.

14. MLD says:

I don’t want Jamie with his partner they need to keep that professional and bring someone new on for Jamie. They need to add more diversity bring a sister on for Jamie and shake up the Reagans.

15. Tony Miranda says: