Fall TV Preview

Blue Bloods Exclusive: Meet Jamie Reagan's Pretty Little New Partner

Blue Bloods Season 4 Cast Vanessa RayPretty Little Liars player Vanessa Ray is relocating from Rosewood to the Big Apple, with a recurring role on Blue Bloods.

TVLine has learned exclusively that PLL‘s erstwhile wild child Cece Drake has been cast as Edit “Eddie” Janko, a rookie cop who is assigned as Jamie Reagan’s new partner upon graduating from the Academy.

RELATED | Blue Bloods Promotes Marisa Ramirez to Series Regular, as Danny’s Newest Partner

Described as “fresh, eager and ready to roll,” Eddie’s reasons for joining the NYPD, like Jamie’s, have to do with the circumstances of her upbringing — though she comes from a far different legacy than that of the Reagans.

Ray’s other TV credits include a March 2013 episode of The Mentalist, Suits (as Mike’s ex Jenny) and Damages Season 3. PLL‘s CeCe, meanwhile, is due to resurface in a pair of August episodes.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

Blue Bloods launches Season 4 on Friday, Sept. 27 at 10/9c, with Hawaii Five-0 as its new lead-in.

Comments (17)

• Cece to be killed off in the summer finale? Me think so.

Comment by Sarah – July 25, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will this affect her role in PLL in the future?

Comment by dude – July 25, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will their partnership also be romantic? Time for Jamie to get some action.

Comment by Amy – July 25, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right? We need to see more of of Jamie. If you know what I mean.

Comment by Lauren – July 26, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ready to see Jamie have a life outside of the uniform. It’s great to see the family side of Danny but he has zero chemistry with Amy Carlson. Erin needs to find someone too. Wish Bobby Cannavale would come back as the DA and them hook up. I just love Blue Bloods…lol.

Comment by GS – July 25, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I forgot his partner was killed. Awwww….

Comment by tp – July 25, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, poor Vince. I actually cared more about that than I ever thought I would.

Comment by JKR – July 25, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too. It was just so sad. It surprised me because I didn’t like him at first.

Comment by tp – July 25, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome news! I don’t watch PLL but enjoyed her breif stint on Suits. I always wished they had kept her on Suits,I preferred her character to Rachel, oh well.

Comment by laura – July 25, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her! I am sure she will become a love interest!

Comment by sarah – July 25, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad this story/spoiler is in relation to Jamie and not Danny. While I like Danny, I don’t watch just for the Danny show. I like the whole family. It’s just sad that Danny’s partner is given more air time than Grandpa Henry, or even Danny’s wife imo. I’d like more story for Jamie, as well as Erin, Frank, and Grandpa Henry.

Comment by Thanh – July 29, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sure hope that she is not a love interest for Jamie. It would be so inappropriate for Jamie to have a sexual relationship with his training partner. It would be unethical and unprofessional. He needs to be with someone outside the job. Erin should fix him up with someone from her office. Either way, someone like Jamie wouldn’t be single this long. 😔

Comment by Hti – August 15, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I love watching Blue Bloods, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Rizzoli & Isles…then there’s Bones (luv it), and I’m glad Parenthood is coming back! But what’s happening with The Mentalist? It’s another of our favorites. HGTV has some great shows my husband considers work (he built our home all alone)!

I think the best thing about Blue Bloods is the morality issue and topic of religion are key. Even though I love Bones, too, the moral standard is set too low…it’s too much like society in general (sectarian, in nature).

Comment by Lory – September 14, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did they mean to say her name was “Edith”, instead “Edit”? Because that’s a strange name.

Comment by Kenneth – September 26, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Jamie’s new partner. He should partner up with Ranzulli again. I hate the idea of him being romantically involved with his partner.

Comment by Maya – September 28, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching an episode of Blue Bloods as I write this. Love the show, but the opening scene with Jamie and his ne w partner is a real,stretch. While chasing a perp, Jamie falls down and SHE runs the guy down and overpowers him and cuffs him. No way.
    I hope in the interest of political correctness that we don’t start being unrealistic.
    Come on.

Comment by Boris Timinski – October 18, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Jamie with his partner they need to keep that professional and bring someone new on for Jamie. They need to add more diversity bring a sister on for Jamie and shake up the Reagans.

Comment by MLD – April 8, 2014 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post