Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, HIMYM and More!

The Walking Dead Season 4 The GovernorGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: The new Walking Dead trailer looks crazy good, but it was decidedly Governor-lite.  How big a presence will David Morrissey have in Season 4? —Cris
Ausiello: Well, I can tell you that he’ll have a major presence in at least two Season 4 episodes, both of which are being unofficially billed as “standalone Governor” installments. No specific intel on when those episodes will air, but I hear they’ll likely fall in the first chunk of eight (premiering Sunday, Oct. 13).

VIDEO: Walking Dead‘s Andrew Lincoln Talks Romance Between Rick/Michonne

Question: After watching your awesome Comic-Con interview with the cast and producers of How I Met Your Mother, I’m much more encouraged about this season’s “wedding weekend” structure. Any news on special guest stars? —Christopher
Ausiello: There’s a very good chance the Sept. 23 premiere will feature a Game of Thrones crossover. Of sorts. “We haven’t locked the cut yet, but there is a Game of Thrones reference in the season premiere that I hope stays in,” reveals exec producer Craig Thomas. “We reveal that in the same way that Barney is a big fan of Billy Zabka in The Karate Kid, Barney may or may not be a big fan of King Joffrey.”

Question: I missed Stephen “Little Birdie” Nathan at the Con this year! Did you at least get scoop from his Bones partner in crime, Hart Hanson? —Amelia
Ausiello: I did! Hanson — who dropped by TVLine’s interview suite (see video, below) — elaborated on the ex-priest character being introduced at the start of Season 9, describing him as Booth’s “ex-confessor when he was a sniper in the Rangers.” The new guy, whose name is Aldo Coulter, resurfaces because, as Hanson pointed out, “We left Booth with a terrible secret that he can’t tell anyone, which is that Pelant is not letting him marry Brennan. And that, in effect, is a lie for a Catholic like Booth every time he’s talking to Brennan. So he finds himself seeking out his old spiritual advisor, who now runs a bar, to talk things out. They have a very close relationship. As Coulter points out to Brennan in the premiere, he knows Booth better than she does.”

VIDEO | David Boreanaz Promises a Radically Different Booth in Season 9

Question: So, the Bones crew made a really big announcement at their Comic-Con panel: Booth and Brennan are getting married! Do you have any idea when the wedding will be taking place during Season 9? —Maria
Ausiello: I tried mightily to get an answer out of Hanson, but he wouldn’t budge. “I’m not telling you when,” he protested, before adding with a laugh, “That’s my one shred of self dignity.” I did succeed in getting HH to cough up an extremely vague detail about the type of wedding they will have, as well as an update on the possibility of a 10th season. Oh, and the show’s dreaded move to Friday night? Not necessarily happening! Press PLAY below for the complete Q&A.

Question: I was just wondering how Maggie Lawson’s role in ABC’s new comedy Back in the Game will affect her status on the new season of Psych? —Jackie
Ausiello: As James Roday maintained to me at Comic-Con, there will be a “strong Juliet presence in Season 8, no question,” despite Lawson’s new extracurricular activity. Added exec producer Steve Franks: “We found a fun way to make it work… She’s in a good chunk of the episodes. It certainly creates interesting challenges, but I think we worked our way through it.”

Question: Any Parenthood scoop on Ryan and Amber? —Kelly
Ausiello: They’ll be scouting wedding locations early in the season, so it seems like they’re pretty serious about this marriage thing.

Question: Since Comic-Con ended, that means you’ve gotta have some scoop on the best summer show ever, Under the Dome. Is it coming back for a second season? —Phillip
Ausiello: Yes. Although nothing’s official, rest assured there will be a second season of Under the Dome. The only question is whether CBS will hold it until next summer or bring it back in-season (i.e. next spring). In the meantime, in case you missed it, Rachelle Lefevre lightly spoiled the Season 1 finale, telling me at Con, “The last five minutes will contain a very, very large moment of whether or not [Barbie and Julia] have come far enough in our relationship to help one other out of a very difficult situation.”

VIDEO | Under the Dome Cast Plots [Spoiler]’s Grisly Demise

UnknownQuestion: OK, there’s only two episodes left of The Killing‘s third season. Can you tell us if the killer is Becker, Henderson, Reddick or somebody totally out of left field? (It’s Becker, right?) —Murray
Ausiello: Oh, Murray, spilling the identity of the culprit in a serialized crime drama breaks Rule No. 2,714 of The Spoiler Code. But I can give you three clues about Sunday’s very intense “Six Minutes.” 1) All the action takes place inside the prison where Seward is awaiting his death sentence. 2) Holder shows up with a case of beer in his car. 3) The pas de deux between Linden and Seward covers almost every color in the gamut of human emotions. (Yes, have your Kleenex handy.)

Question: I need something on The Fosters, like, now. Obsessed. —Vona
Ausiello: The Aug. 5 finale features resolution for a number of “love triangles and love squares,” teases co-star Maia Mitchell, who adds, “There’s [also] a huge cliffhanger to do with my character. Something pretty big happens. And something big happens between Lena and Stef, too.”

Question: Is there any chance Covert Affairs will bring back Eyal this season? I just love his character so much. —Ashley
Ausiello: There’s a rock-solid chance, actually. Exec producer Matt Corman tells TVLine, “It’s safe to say [Oded Fehr’s spy] will return, it’s just a question as to when. And we want that to kind of be a secret.”

Invasion2Question: Grey’s Anatomy started production on Season 10 last week, so I’m guessing you have some scoop for us, right? —Danielle
Ausiello: Can’t get anything past you, Dani. Noted extraterrestrial magnet Veronica Cartwright (Alien, The X-Files, Invasion) will appear in Grey’s Anatomy‘s two-hour season premiere on Sept. 26 as… beats the bejesus out of me. But she joins a guest star roster that also includes Bobby Campo (aka Max on Syfy’s Being Human) and Heather Hemmens (Hellcats).

Question: I know it’s super early, but is there anything you can tell me about the next season of Mad Men? I really want Peggy and Don to come to some kind of understanding. – Hayley
Ausiello: And I really want Megan to take a gig in a Siberian summerstock production of Waiting for Godot 2: Waiting… and Waiting… and Waiting…, but we can’t always get what we want. After all, as Elisabeth Moss tells TVLine, the end-of-the-season scene where Peggy calls her mentor a “monster” was pretty tough. “We’ve had so many arguments, Peggy and Don. We’ve been through a lot. There’s been a lot of ups and downs,” Moss says. “But that moment, to me, was her lowest with him. Whatever they’ve been through, this thing really broke her heart. She really sees him for who he is in that moment and really is incredibly disillusioned for the first time.” Which means Don probably isn’t getting a World’s Best Boss mug when the series returns for Season 7.

RELATED | Mad Men Finale Post Mortem: Matt Weiner Talks Don’s Ouster

Question: Mad Men! Anything! Give it to me! – Derek
Ausiello: How about this? Emmy nominee Linda Cardellini was as surprised as you were about the way Bob Benson’s storyline played out. “I wouldn’t let [show creator and executive producer] Matt Weiner show me the [last two episodes] or tell me about [them],” Cardellini tells TVLine. “He invited me to the read-throughs, and I said, ‘No, I don’t want to know what happens.'” So… what did she think? “The amazing thing about it is, it all makes sense, but it was never in a million years what I would have predicted. And I thought James [Wolk] as Bob Benson – he was so great, because he did nothing but be affable and nice,” she says, laughing. “And nobody trusted him!”

jakeariaQuestion: How about some Pretty Little Liars scoop on Jake and Aria? —Jasmine
Ausiello: Jake “rides back into Rosewood” in next week’s episode, confirms exec producer Oliver Goldstick, “and their romance heats up by the latter half of the season.” He adds that the Ezra/Aria/Jake imbroglio is “a real triangle by the finale. There will be a turn of events in Ezra’s life, too, that may change his relationship with Aria. We’re editing the penultimate episode right now, which I wrote, and in it you’ll get to see Ryan Guzman show his fancy dance moves. We have a great Footloose/Urban Cowboy episode where he gets to let loose. You’ll see why Aria’s drawn in that direction.”

Question: On The Newsroom, will we be seeing any follow-up to the site hacking/death-threats-against-Will storyline from last season?  My guess is the loss of the board from last week is connected to it, but there’s a distinct lack of Terry Crews… so will we learn why? —Tom Charles
Ausiello: Possibly, but not in the next two episodes. The question you should be asking, though, is: Why should I care about Neal’s silly Occupy Wall Street storyline? And the answer to that one is: It ties in (in a surprising way) to this season’s overarching “Operation Genoa” storyline.

RELATED | TVLine’s Full Comic-Con Coverage

Question: How much time will have passed when Orphan Black‘s second season starts? —Geoffrey
Ausiello: Not much. “We pick up very quickly from where we left off at the end of Season 1,” exec producer John Fawcett tells TVLine. “Kira has been taken. It’s very difficult to not go, ‘OK, what do we do next? Kira’s gone!’ The presumption is we have to begin right there.” Adds fellow EP Graeme Manson: “There’s no ‘Two Years Later’ and Sarah’s living a bucolic life on a farm.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Kim Roots)

1. a says:

WOW TVLINE, DO YOU HATE MEGAN DRAPER? I COULDN’T TELL.

2. Katrina says:

WHY CANT YOU DO ANY TRUE BLOOD SPOILERS?? ITS THE HOTTEST SHOW RIGHT NOW??!!! WE GET ENOUGH OF ALL THE FALL SHOWS DURING THE FALL AND WINTER!

• Alice says:

There are possibly two reasons behind that:
      1. People don’t email questions about it.
      2. The don’t have any scoop to give.

• A says:

There really is no need for True Blood spoilers IMO. There are only 4 more episodes left that will continue to be airing consecutively, whereas there is still a long wait for fall shows to return that people are eager to find out about them more.

• Josh says:

Wait True Blood’s the hottest show on tv right now? OMG, is it five years ago?

• IMHO says:

Kinda like saying OMG…

• blancaster60 says:

I so agree. True Blood is a shadow of what it used to be. I’m beginning to think the writers are high when they write the scripts. The dialogue and story lines seem so disjointed, it sounds like the actors are just making things up as they speak. I keep watching in the hope that it will improve, but it only has been getting worse. I’m actually finding myself starting to laugh at moments in the show when I know it wasn’t intended to be humorous.That’s not good.

• Mikael says:

It seems like this year is trying to clean up the mess that was seasons 4 & 5. I think it has potential to get back in good form, much like Dexter did last year after seasons 5 & 6 weren’t well-received.

• Lauren says:

TVline’s other spoiler column covers True Blood I’ve seen, but no one ever talks about those. Fan fatigue I want to assume.

3. Emily says:

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one confused with the dropping of the death threats and Will’s awesome bodyguard on The Newsroom. I just hope we find out someday whatever happened to them.

4. Jesse says:

Yay for Veronica Cartwright news! Can’t wait to see her on Grey’s.

5. Mark says:

Should not have killed off Andrea in TWD there was so much more story there, just look at the comic’s she is one of the main characters. Epic fail…. Talk about bowing to peer pressure — just because a small minority wanted her dead you killed her off , — who is next if we don’t like the writing for Rick or Daryl are they are next…

• Wrstlgirl says:

Andreas dead, deal with it. This is not the comics, they’ve said it over and over again. There’s a lot of story to tell without her character and I seriously doubt they bowed to peer pressure. They are taking the show in a different direction that’s all.

• tripoli says:

Well said.

• Mark says:

Well on that logic there is plenty of story without Daryl and Rick….

• Thisguy says:

No story without Daryl? How dare you Sir?

• wrstlgirl says:

Andrea was disposable, she was never a major character. I don’t care about the comics, I’m watching the TV show, two different things and it’s it time for everyone to realize that. At this point, Daryl and Rick are major characters and are necessary, that could change, you never know. Daryl wasn’t even in the comics but I don’t here anyone complaining about that.

• Frenchgirl says:

Totes agreed. TWD now bores me to death and is so sexist that to be honest it makes me uncomfortable.
      Also nothing ever really happens

• wrstlgirl says:

Easy solution, don’t watch it.

• azu says:

thank you!!! All these people do is to complain and complain. Don’t they ever get tired? Now they want to take it to another level of women’s liberation!! Omg please give it a freaking rest!!!!

• wrstlgirl says:

Some people aren’t happy unless they can trash something that other people like. It’s okay not to like something but some comments are just mean and spiteful. To have that much hate over a television show and fictional characters is pathetic. I’m personally sick of the comic book readers. If a show isn’t being done the way you want it then turn it off and write your own. Period.

6. Elly says:

I’m laughing already at the thought of Barney pulling a Joffery like stunt on his wedding day.

Can someone explain why everyone hates Megan Draper? She always seemed nice to me, if anything, Betty’s the worst.

• AC says:

I agree. She and Ken are the only characters in the show who aren’t terrible people.

• TV Gord says:

It’s “fashionable” or “cool” to hate her. Don’t look for any logical reason. You won’t find one. Megan is smart and beautiful and has everything going for her, therefore some people have an envy-hate for her. It’s not Megan. It’s them. :-)

• anna says:

Megan is a boring Mary Sue played by a terrible actress who gets so much screen time because Weiner has a crush on her.

• Rai101 says:

Well, I like both Megan AND Betty. I find they add up to the story; But I like Betty better, she’s more confused and complex.

7. Sky Lark says:

Positively the best spoilers ever on Bones, a wedding, missing moments, friends for Booth, I am very optimistic this is the season I have been waiting for for 3-4 years.

8. amber says:

I am loving the BONES spoilers…woot woot…the Priest seems pretty cool and it will be great for Booth to have a friend outside of the group who will also be a catalyst to help B&B out as well….can’t wait to see who they cast for it!!

9. Michelle says:

Very, very happy to read that Oded Fehr/Eyal will be back at some stage in Covert Affairs. Best news I’ve heard about CA yet since it came back :)

10. madbengalsfan85 says:

Looks like we may be getting a dark and dangerous Booth this season, this is going to be fun. And even better…WEDDING!!!!

11. Mrs. Peele says:

booth has already gone against his catholic beliefs by fathering two children out of wedlock and living with a woman w/o benefit of marriage. plus other things he has also done. a lie is rather minor. and i hope they lose the pelant storyline. it’s hard to beieve that this one man can control all communications and disrupt major networks and no one can figure it out.

• Lisa says:

I’m hoping the CIA friend of Booth can help him get Pelant. You’d think every government agency would be trying to find him and bring him down since he apparently controls everything if it’s on any type of computer system.
      Also, “Coulter” for the priest name? That’s the name Max used back in Season 2 only his first name was Toby, not Aldo. Do the Bones people have a list of 6 character names that they just keep rotating?
      Really hoping Pelant is gone by Christmas break. The sooner is gone, the better IMO.

• Jay says:

Actually, the writers do use names of people they now for characters, so there would be some repeats every once in a while. As for Pelant, maybe it’s just the failed writer in me, but I think it would be a great idea to have Sweets be the one who kills him! He’s always so composed that I’m curious what effect that would have on him.

12. Wendy says:

The Bones stuff has potential. I can only hope that potential is realized next season. Still, yeah, sounds good.

• A says:

yes, I hope so too. No more boring filler episodes taking up almost the entire season like last season did. Also, I hope they end the Cam/Arastoo relationship completely. Better yet, get rid of the Arastoo character all together. Hate that character. I’d rather have more Fisher instead.

• 1mars says:

I’m not a fan of Arastoo but if they bring the emphasis back to B & B and the main cast, I guess I can tolerate him…..off screen. I mean,seriously, give Cam an appropriate man to love, someone that will challenge her, not another one for her to play the “boss card” to.

• Josh says:

Yeah I just don’t ever see Cam even hooking up with him. She definitely needs more of an equal. I rather they cut down the squinterns too…Wendell and one other is all we need.

I hope the show focuses back on the relationship of the cast. Sometimes I feel it’s TOO focused on the B&B relationship where the only people who get paid any attention is B&B and Sweets, while the rest just solve the crime. In fact, it’s why I dislike Sweets. It’s as if he takes away from the Squints time…He’s Booth’s buffer, preventing him from interacting with the Squints. I also hate that David hates being in the lab and has basically forbid. :-/

• Josh says:

They REALLY need to end the Pelant story ASAP, like a minute in the first episode of the season wouldn’t be soon enough. It’s been the most ill-advised plot in the history of the show. Even the Hannah plot was better. It’s just…WOW…There is nothing redeemable about the storyline

13. Alisa Neely says:

am i’m THRILLED with the “BONES” spoilers…..the rest, i could care aless about.

14. Alex says:

Ryan and Amber getting married? Ugh.

15. tahina says:

When we will get any juicy Grey’s spoilers on my favorite, albeit screwed couple, Calzona..will or won’t they ):

• A says:

I’m seriously hoping by the time any Calzona spoiler arrives it will say that their relationship status is OVER! Arizona is just awful.

16. Holly says:

Thanks for The Killing and Mad Men scoop!

17. Matt says:

I really hope that there is a season 2 of Under The Dome!! It has been awesome so far!

18. Kat says:

I love the scoop on Ryan ans Amber getting married! Best love story since Buffy and Angel!!

19. Tracy Murray says:

Will Michael Ausiello and TVline some day, ever acknowledge the existence of the Venture Brothers and do an interview with any of the cast members or the producers, plus a spoiler alert for a particular episode in the future and maybe an occasional TV blind item? Yes, I know TVline doesn’t usually do articles on animated television shows that are not on primetime nor on Fox/FX, but I’m pretty sure there is a huge (or close to huge) fan base out there who feels the same way as me.

20. Douglas Hillyer says:

What about ziva, I didn’t hear anything about her. Also I hope they deal with thephelant issue soon.waiting for Beckett and castle’s to get their issue solved.

21. Lori says:

I like Eyal on Covert Affairs but I’d rather see Ben Mercer come back!

22. A says:

Thank you so much for making me so happy by telling me that Eyal is coming back! Yeye!

23. Frenchgirl says:

don’t really care about Linden and that bald guy who didn’t exist until a few episodes ago, what’s going on with Linden and Holder following his attempt to kiss her?

• Marco says:

Um, Seward’s been on the show since the start of the season. And what is going on with Linden and Holder is awkwardness.

24. camille says:

please please ABC tell me ezra and aria will get back together its nt enough u are taking calab away from us bt ezra too dont do this please

25. c says:

Well, I personally find Neal’s interest with OWS one of the best news stories the show has followed so far. But it will be interesting to see how it is connected with the big fallout of the black op Genoa story.

26. Elyse says:

I’m happy Under the Dome will be getting a second season but I hope CBS keeps it as a summer show!

27. sophia7470 says:

All the Bones spoilers are leaving me cold – I don’t care about Pelant and have lost respect for Booth for not figuring out a way to tell Brennan he’s being manipulated by Pelant, and for Brennan for not figuring out that something is wrong. This is Booth, of course he wants to marry you Brennan – for goodness sake, use your brain!

The Pelant storyline is utterly implausible, and has pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the show. The fact the people who make the show can’t be bothered to make the storyline in any way feasible makes me question why I should bother to care about it any more. Which is sad, because I’ve always been a HUGE fan.

The fact they’ve confirmed that B&B will get married this season makes me think the showrunners know their backs are against the wall – in the past, they’d never have revealed something so crucial.

• Aimee says:

I think everyone pretty much knows this is going to be the last season so they have nothing to gain by keeping it a secret. In fact, if they want to go out with a bang (ie. with high ratings) it is in their best interest to leak as much stuff as possible to get viewers to tune in.

• Anon says:

Ugh such doom and gloomers….REALLY? did you ask everyone involved with Bones and million of fans their opinion if it was the last season? Don’t remember you asking me …FACTS are like what the creator of the show said, they are all up for a season 10, of course that will be dictated by steady ratings and what FOX decide…BONES was the 2nd most watched season finale, scripted, second only to The Following…it is a steady workhorse for the network, esp when their new series bomb year after year…Fox won’t let go of Bones unless they have steady new dramas to take over the mantle IMO…. AND many tv shows have weddings in them, it doesn’t mean the end, did Friends end when Monica & Chandler got hitched? NO…quite frankly B&B being married won’t change the structure of the show, I can’t see them being that different as they are now tbh ….AND they have released big spoilers before..B&B would have sex, Hodgela wedding, them breaking up, Booth getting a brain tumor, Hannah arc, a squintern getting murdered…it is called promoting your show.

• Smiletime says:

David and Emily are signed up until S10 and as shown at Comic Con still get on very well together which is important as we know. The showrunners seem keen and Fox know how stable it has been for them so far. And lets be honest having 206 episodes of Bones would be so very cool :)

• lucy says:

nobody is making you watch Bones with a gun to your head, are they? Stop watching and find a tv show that makes you happy…geesh…it’s not rocket science is it?

• anon says:

Some bones, bitter bones fans, have turned whining about the show into an Olympic event…move on…like healthy people do…it’s just a tv show.

28. Smiletime says:

For goodness sake!!! These are the best Bones spoilers we have had at the beginning of a season for years and people STILL moan and whine. As previously stated don’t watch and for the love of God don’t comment and bring those of us who are genuinely excited down with you. For me I’m looking forward to how things play out and seeing how the two of them get through it together, which lets face it is the crux of the whole show :)

29. Columbus says:

I am in love with The Fosters. Thanks for including a question. Can’t wait to see the finale – and hopefully a renewal for the next season. Tremendous writing without being preachy or cheesy.

30. sadie says:

I don’t think anybody who watches PLL gives a crap about Jake. He’s so irrelevant and quite dull.

31. julianne says:

I want to see more badass Booth myself. He should be the one to take out Pelant he has the most motivation, because he’s the one being manipulated. Maybe his CIA friend can help him take down Pelant and in exchange he’ll do some jobs for the CIA. I can see where that can help and hurt him at the same time and cause him to become a darker Booth. I love the squints but I’m a little tired of them solving all the crimes and just using him for the muscle and badge. The man is a trained investigator, with skills from his two tours in the military.

32. Azerty says:

GOT reference in How I met? Could Ted betray Barney and kill everybody, Frey style?