Fall TV Preview

Chicago Fire Tasks The Killing's Michelle Forbes With Reining in Firehouse 51

Chicago Fire Season 2 Cast Michelle ForbesChicago Fire is coming under Michelle Forbes‘ scrutinizing eye.

The Killing alumna has booked a recurring role on Season 2 of the NBC drama as a high-ranking consultant with the State Fire Marshal’s office, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Fall TV 2013: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

The actress’ character, Gail McLeod, is in charge of monitoring budgets and performance at the city’s fire houses. That may spell trouble for the men and women at 51, which is definitely under her microscope.

Forbes’ other TV credits include True Blood, In Treatment and Prison Break.

Chicago Fire returns Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 10/9c.

Comments (25)

• I love Michelle Forbes. She needs to be cast as President Alma Coin (MockingJay!) ASAP!!!

Comment by Julio – July 23, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yesssss! She really does!

Comment by Roger – July 23, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never thought of her, but she would be perfect!

Comment by Gil – July 23, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loooved her in The Killing, can’t wait!

Comment by Sarah – July 23, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved her ever since she was “Ensign Ro” in Star Trek: Next Generation!

Comment by Gwen – July 23, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me Too! Well crap! I may have to actually start watching this show now.

Comment by Aimee – July 24, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It starts off kind of slow (the pilot is actually the worst episode, LOL) but it gets SO much better as the season goes on. IIRC, you can watch the whole season on NBC.com or Hulu right now. It’s a fantastic show and I think you’ll enjoy it! =)

Comment by HeatherC – July 24, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Excited to see her on Chicago Fire this coming season! =)

Comment by HeatherC – July 24, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessss Michelle!!

Comment by Mik – July 23, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have to start watching now! True Blood was never as good after her season.

Comment by Gil – July 23, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this means play date for the the firehouse boss?

Comment by exfromtheleft – July 23, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s always great news to hear that Forbes is going to be on my TV. I loved her since BSG.

Comment by FtheFreys – July 24, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hated her character on True Blood, which means she was freaking amazing at playing that villain, so I’m excited to see her.

Comment by Jules – July 24, 2013 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whenever Michelle Forbes shows up, you know that Sh*t is about to get real!

Comment by Pavanne – July 24, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t watch Chicago Fire last year because the reviews weren’t that great and it was on at the same time I was watching something else. However, I marathon-watched the season this summer and really enjoyed it, so had planned on watching this fall anyway. However, now that Michelle Forbes is going to be on, that just increases my interest. She was the best thing about The Killing. And I remember her as Ro, too.

Comment by Bella – July 24, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chicago Fire is the best TV series I’ve seen in a long time. Can’t wait for Season 2!

Comment by Carol Thomas – August 14, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else old enough to remember her as Sunny/Soledad on Guiding Light?

Comment by Pavanne – July 24, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will always remember her in that role.

Comment by supersage – July 24, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • guiding light! !! Howbowt bacon as in Kevin…

Comment by stormin – October 2, 2013 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really need to finish season 1. I wonder if the last couple episodes are available on-demand from my cable.

Comment by Leah – July 24, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was also the ME who hooked up with Reed Diamond’s character on Homicide

Comment by Dave – July 24, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ms. Forbes is outstanding, loved her as Ens. Rho, really loved her in True Blood , she should perk uo Chicago Fire it is a little to slow.

Comment by Gregory Greene – July 24, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If some one desires to be updated with hottest technologies afterward
    he must be go to see this web site and be up to date all the
    time.

Comment by sell gold in nyc – July 27, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent blog here! Also your web site so much up fast!
    What web host are you using? Can I am getting
    your affiliate hyperlink on your host? I wish my site
    loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Comment by Accept credit cards – August 2, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Benefits of investing gold includes hedge against rising inflation and recession,
    which means it doubles as a currency, its purchasing power, gold coins are the least costly of the rosland capital higher grades.

Comment by free gold coin – September 28, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post