Exclusive: Alias' Michael Vartan Checks Into Bates Motel as Norma's New [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

HAWTHORNEMichael Vartan will be filling a key Bates Motel vacancy when the A&E thriller returns for its second season.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Alias alum has been cast as a new romantic interest for Norma (played by Emmy nominee Vera Farmiga).

PHOTOS | Emmy Nominations 2013: The 44 Biggest Snubs

His recurring character, George, is a charming divorcé who catches Norma’s eye. It’s one of three new roles the show is introducing in Season 2 (Bates is also surrounding Norma with a female BFF and an estranged brother).

Vartan most recently starred opposite Jada Pinkett Smith in TNT’s Hawthorne.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Production on Bates‘ 10-episode second season gets underway this week; the show returns in 2014.

Comments (16)

• yes ! i missed him on tv and i miss jennifer too , but i don’t think she’s coming back to tv for now haha

Comment by joão (@joaotc) – July 23, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yum :) Unfortunately, he’ll most likely die, like most others in that strange town, after revealing a deep, dark secret

Comment by Melinda – July 23, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking. He’s wonderful, but his time spent with Norma most likely comes with an expiration date.

Comment by Andy – July 23, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him!

Comment by alison – July 23, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! Love both the show and Vartan. I think Norma will eat him alive!!!

Comment by cat – July 23, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Love Michael……miss him being on my TV all the time! Gonna have to start watching the show!

Comment by KBecks – July 23, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yummy. :)

Comment by Cory – July 23, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could he be the one who one day leads to matricide?

Comment by Ryan – July 23, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s going to kill him. Or Norman’s going to kill them both, fulfilling his destiny.

Comment by Avi Sotonzadeh – July 23, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh I was kind of hoping just because of the blonde hair and blue eyes he would be Norma’s brother who of course in my mind is also Dylan’s father. I have a feeling whoever that is might be Norman’s first coherent murder which will be set up right after he is both mean to Dylan and disrespectful to Norma (as disrespect from Dylan to Norma might not be there as much because they are both worried and kind of on the same side regarding Norman)

Comment by kate – July 23, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch this show but I might have to tune in to see Michael Vartan! I’ve loved him since he was on Alias!

Comment by Lori – July 23, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting. I can’t wait to see him on the show next season. season 1 was great.

Comment by Joey – July 23, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I almost want to watch this now just for him!!! I love him. I did watch the first couple episodes of the show and just could not get into it though.

Comment by cas – July 24, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn! Love him! I still miss Alias to this day. I might have to check this show out now.

Comment by Mikael – July 24, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for him, I’ll be glad to see him return to t.v., wish he would have gotten a spin off from his last appearance with Jada Pinkett Smith, I think he could have carried it with a few good actors behind him.

Comment by preta4 – August 12, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Michael Vartan!! I haven’t seen the show but I will have to start now that he will be on it!!! :D

Comment by Di – October 3, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post