Exclusive

Exclusive: Alias' Michael Vartan Checks Into Bates Motel as Norma's New [Spoiler]

HAWTHORNEMichael Vartan will be filling a key Bates Motel vacancy when the A&E thriller returns for its second season.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Alias alum has been cast as a new romantic interest for Norma (played by Emmy nominee Vera Farmiga).

PHOTOS | Emmy Nominations 2013: The 44 Biggest Snubs

His recurring character, George, is a charming divorcé who catches Norma’s eye. It’s one of three new roles the show is introducing in Season 2 (Bates is also surrounding Norma with a female BFF and an estranged brother).

Vartan most recently starred opposite Jada Pinkett Smith in TNT’s Hawthorne.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Production on Bates‘ 10-episode second season gets underway this week; the show returns in 2014.

1. yes ! i missed him on tv and i miss jennifer too , but i don’t think she’s coming back to tv for now haha

2. Melinda says:

Yum :) Unfortunately, he’ll most likely die, like most others in that strange town, after revealing a deep, dark secret

• Andy says:

That’s what I was thinking. He’s wonderful, but his time spent with Norma most likely comes with an expiration date.

3. alison says:

Love him!

4. cat says:

Can’t wait! Love both the show and Vartan. I think Norma will eat him alive!!!

5. KBecks says:

YES! Love Michael……miss him being on my TV all the time! Gonna have to start watching the show!

6. Cory says:

Oh yummy. :)

7. Ryan says:

Could he be the one who one day leads to matricide?

8. She’s going to kill him. Or Norman’s going to kill them both, fulfilling his destiny.

9. kate says:

Ooh I was kind of hoping just because of the blonde hair and blue eyes he would be Norma’s brother who of course in my mind is also Dylan’s father. I have a feeling whoever that is might be Norman’s first coherent murder which will be set up right after he is both mean to Dylan and disrespectful to Norma (as disrespect from Dylan to Norma might not be there as much because they are both worried and kind of on the same side regarding Norman)

10. Lori says:

I don’t watch this show but I might have to tune in to see Michael Vartan! I’ve loved him since he was on Alias!

11. Joey says:

Great casting. I can’t wait to see him on the show next season. season 1 was great.

12. cas says:

I almost want to watch this now just for him!!! I love him. I did watch the first couple episodes of the show and just could not get into it though.

13. Mikael says:

Vaughn! Love him! I still miss Alias to this day. I might have to check this show out now.

14. preta4 says:

Good for him, I’ll be glad to see him return to t.v., wish he would have gotten a spin off from his last appearance with Jada Pinkett Smith, I think he could have carried it with a few good actors behind him.

15. Di says:

Love Michael Vartan!! I haven’t seen the show but I will have to start now that he will be on it!!! :D