Comic-Con

Yvonne Strahovski Talks Mysterious Dexter Return, Chuck Feature Film: 'I Miss Sarah'

Get More: Comic-Con, Video

Yvonne Strahovski Chuck MovieYvonne Strahovski is having a tough time letting her Chuck alter ego Sarah Walker go, so much so that the Dexter star recently binge-watched the show’s first season and part of the second. “It was such a massive time in my life that whole chunk of five years,” she told me over the weekend in TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite. “We were such a family.”

Needless to say, Strahovski is hopeful that her former leading man Zachary Levi’s ambitious plan (as detailed here) to bring the series to the big screen comes to fruition. “He’s had lots of plans for many different things and they’ve all worked out very nicely,” she acknowledges. “So I wouldn’t put it past him to put this together.”

RELATED | Dexter Series Finale Scoop: Fan Favorites, Past and Present, Returning for Big Farewell

In the meantime, Strahovski is getting ready to unleash two high-profile projects on the public — her anticipated return to Dexter as serial menace Hannah, and her big-screen thriller  I, Frankenstein (out next January).

Press PLAY below and watch as she teases both gigs. The actress also opens up about the answers she was looking for during her recent Chuck Season 1 marathon.

Comments (30)

• She is so gorgeous, sexy and talented! Hope the Chuck movie happens!

Comment by A. D. – July 22, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a loyal Chuck fan, I really do hope the cast can return and make a Chuck movie. I also hope Sarah gets her memory back. Yvonne and Zac had amazing chemistry together on screen.

Comment by Gambs – July 22, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more

Comment by Anony1 – January 2, 2014 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she going to be the “Brain Surgeon”? That would be kinda blah.

Comment by A.B. – July 22, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss seeing her on my TV screen!!! excited about I, Frankenstein and Hannah’s return to Dexter!!

Comment by onlyakb – July 22, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have also been binge-watching Chuck lately. I’d really love a movie. :)

Comment by Alicia – July 22, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kinda off topic, but she would make and amazing Ms Marvel if Joss ever were to cast the role… ijs!

Comment by Jason – July 22, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Yvonne, but i swear she never gives the right answer lol. She misses Chuck cause of the fights, which is badass but you’d hope she’d say she misses the love story of Sarah and Chuck….us Mass Effect fans want to gush all over her about it but i swear she did the role just for a gig, like at the panel someone talked about Commander Shepard and she was like “huh?” (which is weird considering she must have said that name 5,000 times in VO). And when doing press for her Miranda Lawson ME role she was…awkward. Still love her though.
    Anyways, I totally want a Chuck movie, here’s the story id want:
    Its 5 years later, and in an awesome way we find out Chuck and Sarah are married, living together in love, and they have an 4 year old son (“Stephan Jack Charles Bartowski” after his grandfathers and father) and we find out in another awesome way that Chuck and Sarah own and run a DOD contracted intelligence agency and that while also owning/running the agency, Chuck specializes in running the intelligence-technology division, Sarah in the intelligence-spy division, and Casey in the intelligence-combat/spec-ops division. Something happens to Casey and he is missing and his emergency beacon goes off and Chuck and Sarah have to go back into the field and find & rescue Casey.
    That is just one option, another that I really like is Chuck and Sarah run a non spy Tech Firm, no more covert status, they are retired from the spy business, and then Beckman contacts them saying Casey is missing deemed KIA and tells them their last location and they have to get out of retirement and go rescue him.
    I’d say after they rescue Casey, and they are back in Burbank (or where-ever home is) a last straggler of who had captured Casey followed them back, and is going to shoot Chuck and Casey takes the bullet, Sarah takes out the straggler, but Casey dies having saved Chucks life (cause we all know he loves Chuck, a final act proving his love for Chuck and Sarah) and tells them in his last words to live a happy full life. Last scene of the movie is everyone we remember from the Chuck series (Big Mike, Lester, Ellie, Beckman etc) having a happy celebration in Caseys honor at Chuck and Sarah’s house and Chuck gives Sarah champagne and she says she cant, Chuck is like *omg jaw drops* and she smiles big, he asks if shes pregnant again and she smiles huge and says yes, and they both announce their second pregnancy, and Sarah announces they will name the baby, girl or boy, “Casey”. And Chuck looks at her, smiles huge, nods his head in agreement and the movie ends.

Comment by M3rc Nate – July 22, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “us Mass Effect fans want to gush all over her about it but i swear she did the role just for a gig”

Eh? You’re upset she took a job to pay the bills?

Comment by Brooke – July 22, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did i say it was wrong of her if she did? Did i convey any form of being upset? No and no. I was just saying Mass Effect is arguably one of the best video game series of all time, basically the Star Wars of video games but way better story and universe (etc)…and she plays the role using her voice and face, and is a key role in ME2 and ME3, and the hope as a fan is she at the very least is really into the world she was a part of. Its like if Katee Sackhoff was like “eh” when people talked to her about BSG, and when people mention “Starbuck” shes like “wait who? ohhh…BSG…ya i did that for the money”.

Comment by M3rc Nate – July 22, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • lol, star wars does video games. The KOTOR series, for the original xbox, was done by the same people who did mass effect.

Comment by david – September 3, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quote from M3rc Nate:

“Oh, and in all of these the assumption is (its the easiest and best option) they show at some point Chuck and Sarah at the beach and they kiss, and her memories flood back. I think a cute way to do that is for Sarah to be bed-time telling their son the story of how they met and we see her finishing the story saying something like “then daddy kisses me, and i remember everything that i had forgotten” (and while she says that a little scene is shown of that happening on the beach, they re-film them at the beach kissing and then show her get all her memories back) all the while she is telling this story you see Chuck listening on the other side of the doorway all teary eyed and smiling.”

This is very close to what I was thinking in regards to her memory. They showed the scene with her remembering that she etched their names into the wall in the house, so her memory can’t be completely gone; therefore, it’s not that far fetched. When I saw the ending, it felt like the last 5 seasons of Chuck had been undone in a single episode (regarding their relationship), so I definitely want her to have her memory back.

“My biggest hope is they would realize the point of this movie is to give a final, perfect closing to the Chuck story. Meaning no killing Chuck/Sarah. This movie should end with them both in mega love, married, pregnant or with a child. I know there’s the urge to add some drama and stuff but this is Chuck…let it end super happy.”

YES, YES! JUST YES! I am a huge fan of happy endings, and they definitely have to give her her memory back. Totally agree, LET IT END SUPER HAPPY! :D

Quote from M3rc Nate:

“… Casey dies having saved Chucks life …”

NO, NO! JUST NO! One of my favorite things about Chuck is the fact that they have never killed off any of their main characters, and I want it to stay that way. That wouldn’t be a happy ending.

I totally disagree with people that say that happy endings are too predictable and too over-done. A happy ending is a happy ending, and it is – in my opinion – the only way to end a show, especially one as incredible as Chuck. Why would you ever want to end a show feeling less than completely satisfied, and happy?

I really hope they make a movie. When I saw the finale of Chuck, it depressed me. I sincerely hope the movie will be the most incredible HAPPY finish to an incredible series.

Comment by Gocanaroj – October 24, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excellent ideas for the story, and you are right it is a love story that made Chuck a great show. I hoped being a Quantum Leap Fan that Al and Sam arrive in the Chuck world and help save Sarah’s memories or that Steven B. is really Dr. Sam B leaping. I just found the show on NETFLIX, incredible.

Comment by Moose Pragle-jankovics – January 15, 2014 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure I read ages ago Chuck is supposed to come to Netflix but still nothing. Is there any update on this does anyone know?

Comment by Ashley – July 22, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its there on netflix.. I just finished watching it..

Comment by guru – December 25, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope a Chuck movie happens in a few years.

Comment by Joey – July 22, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY IS MARVEL NOT HIRING HER TO PLAY MS.MARVEL???????

Comment by canadian ninja – July 22, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh I miss Chuck too and whenever I feel the need for a chuck binge I either watch some past episodes or read up on fanfiction. I would really love a movie

Comment by Bajan246 – July 22, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she is perfect.

Comment by Betsy – July 22, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Merci Michael pour cette interview ! tu es fabuleux ^^

Comment by Mia – July 22, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne… je la préfère dans Dexter … j’aime son coté sombre …

cet air nerveux … qui ne vire pas à la comédie potache dénué de toute réalité (oui chuck)

Yvonne est plus charismatique, plus crédible quand elle joue un personnage plus réel ! elle me touche beaucoup plus !

j’ai hate de la revoir dans dexter

(sorry my english suck ^^)

Comment by Mia – July 22, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha,love that idea for the movie,sounds like the perfect way to say goodbey to Chuck once and for all…I’d definatly watch that

Comment by Chrizelle – July 30, 2013 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miss you Yvonne (and Zac). I wish Chuck was still on. I would definitely see a movie if you make one <3

Comment by Jennifer – August 26, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hottest women I have ever seen

Comment by james – November 24, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe that Yvonne is no doubt, the most beautiful actress and there is no better person to play that part in Chuck than her. Chuck is one of my favorite shows and I really can’t stand not knowing if she got got her memory back. Please guys make the movie. As many fans as Chuck has, you won’t regret it. Also I would love to see Yvonne Strahovski kick some butt.

Comment by Fawzi – December 10, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s there on netflix.. I just finished watching it.. such a cool show..

Comment by guru – December 25, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Talk about Chuck binging. I just watched 5 years of Chuck in 3 weeks on Netflix, suggested by a friend, I couldn’t stop. What great cliffhangers, actors and actresses, drama, action and comedy, all rolled into one story line. I’m so hoping for a movie, what a tragedy if there’s no real closer for this story.

Comment by kathy – January 15, 2014 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just binged on this as well in just over 3 weeks. Made me real tired at work but couldn’t help myself. Now I’m bored lol

Comment by Darren – February 5, 2014 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like chuck its like charmed if u guys remember, i dont like the sex scene on dexter because i thought she has a respect her girly [ reputation as a woman] attitude. and i dont know if she the girl i can fan or idol. my daughter said she want to be like her tough, pretty and sexy. now she cant watch i frankenstain because maybe she got sex scene

Comment by kris – March 8, 2014 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as a movie would be good I would rather see the series start again for a few more season. I just finished the five seasons again. I want Chuck back

Comment by nic – March 28, 2014 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post