Comic-Con

Sons of Anarchy @ Comic-Con: SAMCRO's New VP Revealed! Plus: Jax's Journey, Clay's Resolve

Sons of Anarchy Season 6 SpoilersThe Sons of Anarchy cast and creator Kurt Sutter closed out Comic-Con Sunday night with a panel highlighted by a rapid-fire glimpse at the FX drama’s upcoming Season 6. The major takeaway from the teaser: SAMCRO’s new VP!

Replacing Bobby as Jax’s right-hand man at the table is none other than… Chibs. What does the newly promoted veep bring to the president’s term? “Maybe some conscience,” portrayer Tommy Flanagan teased. “He has a blind loyalty toward Jax in a lot of ways.” Adds Charlie Hunnam: “Tommy’s like my big brother in real-life, so that dynamic’s been coming through a lot this season.”

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 Spoilers: Scoop on SAMCRO’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Foe and a Pair of New Faces

Here’s everything else we learned during Sons‘ Comic-Con session:

DADDY DEAREST | Sutter reveals that “we begin Season 6 a few days after Season 5. The [story] continues to be Jax’s journey in terms of, can he be the leader of this outlaw organization and still be a loving father and a devoted husband? Can he take the club and lead them into a more legit line of work and still be an outlaw organization?” The question of “what kind of father is Jax destined to become” will also still play a huge part in the story.

LOCKDOWN | Now behind bars, Clay realizes that “there’s no more leveraging,” Ron Perlman shared. “There’s just this bounty that’s on his head and he’s no longer in control of how many minutes he has left.” As for a what the character’s journey is while in the clink, the actor noted,”I didn’t know what [it was] until I saw a tweet the other day [where Sutter described Clay’s journey this year as] ‘redemption.’”

AFTER THE AFTERMATH | Jax in Season 6 will let the tragic loss of Opie “inform him in a more positive way,” shared Hunnam. “He’ll try to let it inspire him to turn this club into what [his father] John Teller wanted it to be. “

SHORT HAIR, DON’T CARE | A newly jailed Tara (Maggie Siff) is rocking a spiffy new ‘do in Season 6. Added bonus: The promo revealed that she’s kicking major inmate ass behind bars.

VIDEO | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 — Jax and Clay at War

SERIES FINALE SCOOP | What will Sons’ likely series finale in Season 7 consist of? “A big pool of blood,” Sutter joked. More seriously, the showrunner said he “has a sense of what I want the last scene of the show to be. How we’re going to get there and what that looks like, I’m not sure. I come into each season knowing what I want the season to be… and the looser I grip those [ideas], the better the season is.”

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Fall TV Preview, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Tony says:

A crime this show continues to get ignored during Emmy time. Arguably one of the best shows (if not the best) on TV.

2. Vince says:

Maggie’s hair looks awful, but I guess it goes hand in hand with her new “gangsta jail bitch” image lol.

• Vince says:

Also, was there no footage or scoop of Gemma or Nero? I’ll be incredibly disappointed if my two favorites weren’t even shown in the trailer. :/

3. gb says:

I agree tony. Its a disgrace that the actors..writers..none of the people Involved with this show have received any emmy recognition. Terrible

4. A says:

So pumped to see Maggie Siff kick some inmate ass! Can’t wait till the new season starts :)

5. Denise says:

Am so pumped for SOA!!!!!! Watch my dvd’s repeatedly. Kids think I need rehab. I say I need season 6. Need me some SAMCRO. Hoping TARA gets hers in jail. Stupid gash.., best show on tv hands down.

6. eileen says:

So when do those of us unable to attend Comic Con get to see this video??? I am dying for an SOA fix!!!!

• Kaycee says:

I would like to know this as well. Would LOVE to see the video clip. To the person who said this show has run out of gas is wrong. They certainly have a right to their opinion but for me it has not. I’ve said this before in other threads on here about SOA and just have to say it again, PLEASE ditch the ultra white tennis shoes on Jax and put some motorcycle boots on the man. He loses ALL credibility as a hardcore biker with the ultra white tennis shoes. I know quiet a few bikers and not a single one would EVER consider white tennis shoes. Okay…I’ve gotten that off my chest for the 10th time so hopefully Kurt will rectify this major infraction. LOL

• Jimmy says:

Relax with the shoes already everyone. The show is researched and not just thrown together to look good. Hunnam has went on the record a number of times talking about how he spent time with some motorcycle crews in the area where the show is based and he loosely copied a bikers image there. It’s a west coast thing and a younger generation of biker thing. Get over it and enjoy the show.

7. meatwad says:

best thing about this article was the part that says Tara gets a new hair cut. Beautiful woman but her hair has been awful for a couple seasons now

8. Faster says:

This show is always overlooked, and always so good. A shame.

• AshleyRae says:

AHHHHHHHHH……….can S6 start right now like RIGHT NOW!
      Tara kicking ass in jail? get ready to see her go ‘LADY OF MAYHEM’ IN THAT BITCH! hahaha.

9. Olivia says:

Other than this site, where do you all go online to talk about SOA? I’ve been to the FX community site, but some of the posters/comments are a little out there…people arguing against race-mixing, deciding they no longer like an actor because he played a gay character, and calling different groups of people derogatory names, etc. I’d just like to talk about the show. Any suggestions?

• Shaun says:

Television Without Pity website maybe.

• Hermione says:

I agree that Television Without Pity is the best place to talk to others about SOA. The people who post there have very insightful and thoughtful ideas about various aspects of the show and characters. Unlike the random posts on the SOA Facebook page from people who can barely put two words together in a coherent manner!

10. karen says:

#SOA-Kurt Sutter is a wonderful and brilliant writer, and I love all the actors, there’s not a single one that I want to love to hate. You guys rock every week I count down the days to the next episode. My husband thinks I need ‘therapy’!

11. Aiden says:

Just see it,I think it is good show.