Comic-Con

The Veronica Mars Movie Trailer: Watch It Now

Veronica Mars Movie Trailer“A long time ago... we used to be friends.”

So, fittingly, opens the first Veronica Mars movie trailer, which premiered Friday at the San Diego Comic-Con.

RELATED | Veronica Mars @ Comic-Con: Get TVLine’s Full Report

Running nearly five minutes in length, the video includes classic footage from the TV series and a behind-the-scenes look at creator Rob Thomas and his cast witnessing the record-breaking Kickstarter fundraising effort. And then, at the 3-minute mark, you get an honest-to-goodness trailer for the movie, including a glimpse at the Neptune High reunion brawl, V snarking through some sort of job interview, a little “top-down” action for her and Logan, a Buffy reference and more.

Press PLAY to take it all in, then share your early assessment/amplified excitement for VM: The Movie.

• kim says:

you go veronica mars!!!!!!!!!!! it is about time. I know its going to be funny and you are going to give them guys a hard way to go. can’t wait

1. Kresh says:

I have never heard of this show, before the kickstarter thing ofc, is it worth to watch it now? Or is this bad for todays tv standard?

• DL says:

It’s still great and holds up well. I highly recommend it.

• RockGolf says:

Gee, I dunno, are you able to stand B&W scratchy films with no sound?

OMIGOD: YES IT IS STILL WORTH WATCHING!!! It’s less than 10 years old. Really? You won’t watch anything older than Siri Cruise? Gahhh!

• Kresh says:

hahahaha, the writing on television shows has really improved in the last decade, meaning that there aren’t 20 episodes that are filler episode, because guess what, nobody is really liking them even though it is necessary, the mentalist still has this and it’s understandable since shows like that would end when the specific storyline has ended or in this case the red john storyline.

And guess what, tv shows are so huge nowadays and people like me who does watch a lot of televsion can see twist from a mile back, and that is often a big problem when you go and watch a television show that is old which nobody was excpecting back then. :)

• judymhut says:

I see your point. Season 1 is nearly perfect, season 2 is rock solid, season 3 has problems, but it is definitely worth watching.

• trololo says:

>the writing on television shows has really improved in the last decade
          I dunno, there’s still a lot of crappy shows on tv, and the fact that most of this crap gets Emmy noms and wins really bugs me.

>there aren’t 20 episodes that are filler episode
          Just watch any season of Supernatural.

• Miranda says:

I completely disagree. As a TV addict myself, and a writer, I feel like for the most part television writing has gone downhill in the last decade. There are always gems, of course, but now so much of television is if it sells, it must stay on air for as long as possible, dragging storylines endlessly to the point where it’s dried up and doesn’t give me the warm feeling when looking back on it.

So much of television now is about making it cheap and then getting lots of viewers, it’s not about staying true to the characters or story at all, and knowing when they’re giving us too much of a good thing. Sure, I find myself able to watch a lot of what’s going on on television (other than reality garbage) as fun entertainment, but I know it’s not quality. Just look at shows like The Vampire Diaries, versus Buffy fifteen years ago. Or whatever suffices to be a family friendly drama, versus Gilmore Girls.

Writing is not what it used to be. In my opinion, it’s gotten lazy. Maybe because cheap sells, or maybe networks aren’t giving as much creatively liberty, forgoing creativity for what’s safe, and very likely to gain viewers.

That’s just my two cents.

• Annie says:

GOD no. Watch it NOW.

• liz says:

Its not an old show, its been off the air for like 5 years. The question whether it ‘holds up’ doesn’t even needed to be asked yet, so rest assured its good quality. Its better than most things on tv now anyways.

• If you like NEO-Noir Detective show with emotionally complex characters and plot twist, it’s totally recommended.

• Michi says:

It is worth to watch it forever tbh. (And I don’t know what you mean “for today’s tv standard.” Veronica Mars WAS, IS, and ALWAYS will be great television. Among the best, imo, even.)

• Monica says:

It was one of the BEST shows ever! When I was little girl, I read Nancy Drew books and loved them. To me, Veronica Mars, was a modern day Nancy Drew, with more romance, mystery, and murder thrown in. I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!

• Lisa Bennett says:

The ONLY reason this show didn’t last was that it was too smart for the masses…you know, that bunch of tv viewers who relentlessly cause swill like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars to endure.

2. jess k says:

There are no words for how excited I am!! I’ve watched that video at least 7 times already…

3. Elyse says:

I. can’t. wait. I kind of want to get started on rewatching seasons 1-3 this weekend.

4. RockGolf says:

Yes, that was worth it.

5. Jules says:

Marshmallows rock! This movie looks as awesome as I always thought it could be!

6. Daphne says:

Best $50 I’ve spent in a long while!!! I’m re-watching seasons 1-3 as of this weekend, can’t wait for this movie!

7. JeffDJ says:

AWESOME!!! Can’t wait!

8. Betsy says:

i *might have peed myself, just a little. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

9. Reece says:

I put off re-watching season 1 of VM because I recently saw an old episode of Dawson’s Creek (a show that I honestly thought defined my adolescence). What a poop sandwich that show was! It was such a disappointment. But, I sucked it up and pressed play on VM, waiting and crossing my fingers…this show is still hilarious! It’s smart, witty, sexy and awesome! Kristen Bell is the best. Check her out on House of Lies.

10. Chloe2000 says:

This will be epic!!!! (and the wet shirt eye candy didn’t hurt either)

11. liz says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE FEELINGS!!!!!!!!SO EXCITED

12. Jenn says:

ohhhhh – can it be 2014 already. I am beyond excited about this. I can’t wait for this to come out.

13. MM says:

So is the consensus that Piz is there because he and Veronica got together and are dating? He didn’t go to Neptune.

• Alichat says:

Yes. That is the general assumption.

• LSJ says:

That makes me so sad. :( Even if Veronica and Logan don’t work out, I’d rather see her with someone else other than Piz. He’s such a tool.

• Alichat says:

Well, I like Piz and no one has said they will still be together by the end of the film. You never know how that will play out. I would have preferred that Veronica was dating a complete unknown, but this is a better way to tie Piz to the story while satisfying the his fans.

14. Tammy says:

That is a whole lot of awesomeness! :) I think my $20 was well invested.

15. ggny says:

Most interesting part is it looks like Weevil and Logan are fighting together. Also i want to know who Weevil is married too

16. Lecholls says:

That was fantastic! How does it look so beautiful with such a small budget? Hats off to Rob for making this work, and for getting all the cast back. I can’t wait.

17. Sparky says:

Wasn’t sure what the look would be like but damn it looks really really good. And everyone is back even Vinny and his”your legal now” ….funny stuff!!! Can’t wait!!

18. Richard Nickell says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I cannot wiat. This is the excuse I need to set down and marathon watch the three seasons of the show all over again.

19. Alichat says:

I love the look…..stylized, sleek…..the cinematography is amazing! And the Buffy shout-out made me giddy!

20. GeoDiva says:

Can not wait!

21. Drew says:

Already into season 2 of my rewatch. The show is still awesome! And this trailer made me want to do a backflip, but that would probably be a bad idea.

22. Midori says:

Piz really isn’t needed, but I don’t think he and Veronica are dating. I think she invited him just to see how bad the town really is. They didn’t show up together,

• Alan says:

the way i see it piz is the viewpoint character, its going to be through him that potential new viewers get introduced to all the old neptune faces and how old fans will get an update on where those characters are in life now, so yeah i think piz is needed.

• Sparky says:

Hate to burst your bubble but they are dating and they did come back to town together for the graduation. As long as she ends up with Logan that’s all that matters. By the way Rob Thomas confirmed they’re dating.

23. Hannah says:

So I have to wait until 2014? Really? This whole thing just got very real.

24. So Excited. It looks AMAZING!!!!

25. Anon says:

No man could ever give me the pleasure this trailer did.

26. Sara says:

I have watched this like 20 times since it was posted on the backer site last night. It just doesn’t get old, like the show itself. I cannot wait for this movie.

27. K. says:

LoVe it!!!!

28. HAP says:

Who doesn’t adore Kristen Bell?

29. caro says:

just…no words…heaven..the best…life…

30. A says:

I am so freaking excited about this movie

31. Wait wait wait. Hold the phone. Jamie Lee Curtis is in the Veronica Mars movie?

32. Cynthia says:

Hahaha Now I’m glad Madison Sinclair is back!

33. Connie says:

I’m so excited! I was literally squealing with glee throughout the five minutes of that video. CAN’T WAIT!

34. vtlynn says:

The looks of LoVe in the car scene – I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Natalie says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

36. Quinn Mallory says:

Watched this quite a few times already and it is fill me with excitement every time.

37. Mari says:

Amazing trailer! Just can’t wait!

38. Amy says:

This makes me so happy.

39. pau says:

I can’t wait and finally i am not so mad Piz is in the movie after all (just because Chris Lowell seems so nice and fun and happy to be on this project..i just can’t ‘hate’ him..lol) but of course Logan and Veronica have to end together but i know they will in one way or another..
    Moreover i am just so happy to see all these awesome characters together again with Rob Thomas’ s great writing.. 2014 can’t be tomorrow..please..i just come back from holydays (with no tv, internet ect..) and to see this trailer is such a delightful surprise to me..thank you Rob and VM fans for making this happens !

40. Cheri says:

Please Sir… I want some more!

41. Tom says:

Can’t wait I hope Daran Norris come backs as Cliff McCormack I liked him in the series.

42. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so
    much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead
    of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.