Ratings: Teen Beach Movie Makes Big Splash

Get More: Kids TV, News, Ratings

Ratings Teen Beach MovieCowabunga! The premiere of Disney Channel’s Teen Beach Movie on Friday night amassed 8.4 million total viewers, making it the cabler’s most watched original movie in more than four years.

RELATED | Coming, It Is: Phineas and Ferb Will Meet Star Wars

Among the key kid demos (ages 2-11, 6-11 and 9-14), the telepic drew Disney Channel’s best numbers in almost six years and stands as this year’s No. 1 cable telecast in all three measures.

And while High School Musical 2 still easily holds the record of Disney Channel’s most watched original movie ever (with an audience of more than 17 million), Teen Beach Movie bested the first HSM (7.7 mil). On the all-time audience charts, Teen Beach claims the No. 5 spot (out of 91 Disney Channel movies to date).

RELATED | Girl Meets World Snags Series Order from Disney Channel, 2014 Premiere Eyed

Leading out of that, a first look at the new series Liv and Maddie held onto 5.8 million viewers, the strongest Disney Channel debut in two-and-a-half years (since Shake It Up!). The twin (yet different!) sisters comedy makes its regular time slot premiere on Sunday, Sept. 15 at 8/7c.

Comments (18)

• Teenage girls like looking at pretty boys… was there singing too?

Comment by Midori – July 20, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know that teenage girls like looking at teenage boys because a lot of teenagers have crushes & a lot of teenage girls have boyfriends & a lot of teenage boys have girlfriends.

Comment by Nicole – August 12, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cue the sequel…nothing like good looking people who are flexible with six packs…wonder how many viewers were older pervs

Comment by Steve – July 20, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was surprised at how it was actually kinda good. My sister and I watched it (both in our mid twenties) and it was fun. It was deliberately campy and the main couple was refreshing in their lack of angst. It was just straight up delightful. Looking forward to a sequel.

Comment by liz – July 20, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like this was largely in part due to the amount of fans waiting to hear One Direction’s new single debut.

Comment by Melinda – July 21, 2013 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My daughter and I watched it! We both really enjoyed it! Super cute and fun!!!

Comment by Rebecca – July 21, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was watching this movie with my friends Noelle,Tess & Megan & my little sister Lynn was watching it with her friends Faith Dauhl,Faith Cullie & Hannah. Me & my friends & Lynn & her friends were watching it in the family room at my house.

Comment by Nicole – August 12, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love teen beach movie so much it’s crazy and I love the songs so much and the stars including ross lynch an Maia they are such great stars and I also love shake it up and I really want to see liv and maddie I really want to see it really badly 💖💖💖💖😜😜😜😜😜💜💜💜💙

Comment by Sonia – July 24, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teen Beach movie reminded me of watching Frankie and Annette movies with my dad. I liked that they were trapped in a movie and had a legitimate excuse for breaking out in song.

Comment by Mary – July 25, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey! i whatched Teen beach movie and i loved it very much
    i loved the main biker hes very cute i loved his song and i love the whole movie u all are great. i wanted to know if it was fun and if it was hard learning the songs and remembering the lines

Comment by ilene – July 26, 2013 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleeeeese!😢

Comment by Lalias biggest fan – July 28, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please tell me if there is a daily show on disney channel called Teen Beach? My grandson swears that there is but I cant find it or was this only the Teen Beach Movie that aired July 20? Please help. Thx

Comment by Elisa K. Carson – August 2, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it was movie and you can but from the store

Comment by anastasia – August 6, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im tiffany mamoulian i love the movie teen beach movie and the song also i love the dance i love all special lynch and maia and i sing all day long the song im 7 years old ..and i wish if u come to my home for my birthday i love u all and please send me a post card with u pictures god bless u all please come soon

Comment by tiffany – August 2, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated the movie. It’s a kid version of pleasantville. Pleasantville was a lot better.

Comment by Renee – August 2, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great songs, my kids loved it and I found myself running back when the commercials were over. I bought the DVD for the family! Great wholesome movie!

Comment by Dee – August 4, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there gonna be a sequel bc i was crazy about this movie would love to see a sequel.

Comment by anastasia – August 6, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im a 17 year old who doesnt really enjoy musicals, but tbh when i watched teen beach movie, i loved it! :) lol

Comment by Siaan – January 16, 2014 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post