Comic-Con

Walking Dead @ Comic-Con: Season 4 Premiere Date, Epic New Trailer Unveiled

Walking Dead Season 4 SpoilersThe Walking Dead cast and producers took Comic-Con like a storm of hungry walkers Friday, with a premiere date announcement (Season 4 bows Sunday, October 13 at 9/8c), a fresh footage-filled trailer, scoop on a sane Rick, a returning Governor and much more. Here are some of the highlights:

NEW SEASON, SAME SCHEDULE | Walking Dead‘s 16-episode fourth season will once again be divided into two chunks, with the aforementioned first half starting in the fall and the second beginning in February 2014.

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON | So long, deranged Rick. Hello, crazy Carl. “The relationship with Carl is integral to the beginning of this season,” Andrew Lincoln revealed. “Carl turning into a sociopath at the end of last season definitely woke [Rick] up.” As such, you’ll find the perpetual leader “in a completely new place; he’s renounced a lot of his responsibilities for the sake of his children.”

RELATED | Walking Dead Promotes 3 to Series Regular

INSANITY ENSUES | The award for Most Vague But Most Awesome Answer goes to showrunner Scott Gimple, whose tease about Season 4 consisted of this: “It’s going to get insane very quickly.” For his part, Lincoln shared: “When we [see the group] in Season 4, there is a whole new community in the prison and an incredible friction between certain characters.”

LIGHTING UP | Does the Governor have survivor’s guilt after his massive killing spree last year? Maybe so, teased portrayer David Morrissey. “At the end of last season, he was in a very dark place — but he feels like they betrayed them and that’s just not going to go down with the Governor,” he laughed. “There was a switch in him, and now [this season] we see him dealing with what that switch is; what is it that makes that switch go down?”

A PLACE IN THE PACK | “Tyreese is still trying to find out how he fits in,” Chad Coleman shared of his relative prison newbie. “What are the rules of engagement for him and how to negotiate his place in this family?” (Take a peek at the promo below for a glimpse at just how useful he can be.)

WE HAVE TO GO BACK | In a twist straight out of Lost, Rick last season opted to return to the prison instead of moving his group to Woodbury… But why? “We answer it this season,” teased Lincoln.

Press play below to watch a gruesome new trailer for Season 4, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the carnage!

Comments (26)

• Looks awesome! Can hardly wait!

Comment by Mel – July 19, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow!

Comment by Omar – July 19, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I blinked that whole 4 minutes. My eyeballs hurt and my heart is racing! Awesome all over the place!

Comment by Sarah – July 19, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here!! It looks AWESOMEE

Comment by Javi – August 26, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it on AMC.

Bring it on!!

Comment by Violet – July 19, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG amazing I never thought I’d love this show as much as I did, so happy I gave it a try on Netflix it’s do good, one of the best shows

Comment by Patricia – July 19, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will this be on at the same time as Supernatural on the CW?

Comment by Kresh – July 19, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not unless SN airs on a Sunday which I don’t think it does

Comment by Mike R. – July 19, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4 minute trailer was great. I can’t wait to see the new seaaon in October.

Comment by Joey – July 19, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I just peed myself!!!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 19, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! It looks like they are bringing zombies back to Walking Dead.

Comment by Anon – July 19, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Epic.

Comment by Musicfan5 – July 19, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited, but not as excited as I was for last year to start

Comment by Derek Johnson – July 19, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is it! If this season ends up another disappointment, I will lose faith in this show. Trailer looks awesome, more so than season threes’s had so I’m hopeful

Comment by DonDraperSaysWhat – July 19, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh holy crow…I just I didn’t know I could hold my breath that long. PLEASE DON’T kill off Daryl dang it. I haven’t read the comics so I don’t know. Oh wow though I’m stuck between thinking it’s Carl that brought the walkers or that skinny black guy I literally don’t know his name. Cause Carl was nearly Irate over the fact that his dad brought all the people from woodbury.

Comment by Glytch – July 20, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry. Daryl isn’t even in the comics. His character was created for the tv show.

Comment by Omar – July 20, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t even try to compare the series to the graphic novels! It’s awesome being ahead of the the series and finding surprises and twists that didn’t happen in the graphic novels or vice versa.

Comment by Frank – August 28, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOLY S………….can’t freakin wait can SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER JUST ROLL IN NOW!
    The WLAKERS ARE MORE ‘RUTHLESS’ THIS SEASON……Love The Walking Dead!!!!!!!!

Comment by AshleyRae – July 20, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good lord! This is intense! This is hands down the show I am the most excited about. C’mon October!!!

Comment by Babygate – July 20, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome trailer.

Comment by majamababe – July 22, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG….so exciting – can’t wait. I can’t till October 13th. Happy Birthday to me. When everyone asks me what I want for my birthday and I’m going to say leave me alone so I can watch the Season 4 Premiere. My favorite show hands down

Comment by Mickey – July 25, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, it was so awesome I had to watch it a second time. Didn’t even know about this show until last year when I saw it on Netflix – hooked first episode. This show is so awesome that I had subscribe to cable again just so I don’t miss it. GREAT JOB ON THIS ONE AMC!!!!

Comment by Mickey – July 25, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once again… I’m hooked! As in previous seasons cliff-hanger seems to be the main topic. Love it! Can’t wait to walk with the dead, and living for another great season.

Comment by Annette – July 31, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was awesome! This seasons preview does not look to follow the comic like the previous ones…maybe it will reflect some of the things in the book…For the most part it has followed the comics…just some times the show changes who dies and when to keep it interesting for those of us who have read all the comics…hands down best graphic novels ever and best show ever!!!

Comment by Melissa Saelens – August 28, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for information approximately this topic for
    ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered so far. But,
    what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?

Comment by zombiegameshq.com – November 4, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the walking dead is a banging show. i can’t wait. hopefully Glenn and Maggie are still in it

Comment by Adam – November 14, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post