Comic-Con

The Following Season 2: Kevin Bacon & Co. Tout Fresh Villain ('Or 4'), Tease Ryan's New Family Tie

Can we please get a slow clap going for The Following‘s Joe Carroll?

After all, as series creator Kevin Williamson pointed out to Michael Ausiello during a visit to TVLine’s Comic-Con suite, everything in Season 1 played out according to the killer’s master plan — including his own (dubious) death.

The end of Carroll’s story means a “totally different” Following awaits fans in Season 2, noted Williamson, who sat down for a chat alongside stars Kevin BaconJames Purefoy, Valorie Curry and Shawn Ashmore and executive producer Marcos Siega.

RELATED | The Following @ Comic-Con: James Purefoy to Return for the Killer Drama’s Season 2

Chief among the Fox drama’s new developments: the introduction of a niece for Bacon’s Ryan Hardy, less of a focus on the often-fumbling FBI (“We learned a lot,” Williamson noted) and at least one new villain for the good guys to battle (though Williamson jokes — we think — “There’ll be one… or two or three or four”).

Press PLAY on the video below for all the gory details, including on what Emma’s been up to since we last saw her. (We shudder in fear for her new “friends.”)

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Previews, Video

1. Joey says:

Good interview. I can’t wait to see where the characters will be in season 2 and see different stuff from season 1.

2. Whoops says:

Any news on the notably absent Natalie Zea?!? Reports say she will be back but that story was removed by TV Guide and there’s barely a mention of Claire or Natalie at Comic Con. Weird

• Ryan says:

Potentially massive SPOILER!

Other sites are reporting that footage shown at comic con was very clear that Claire was killed. I really hope that isn’t true because I adored her character and I think it would shortchange the show to off her.

• Whoops says:

I have heard that, but am wondering how that meshes with reports that she HAS signed a contract to return. Was that video just a red herring, a nightmare of Ryan’s (ie…it never happened) or does Claire really die and Natalie will only appear in flashbacks?!? The entire situation is so confusing especially since the story was framed around Claire (even tho Natalie appeared o infrequently in episodes) a lot in S1 (Joe wanting his family back and being jealous of Ryan/Claire).

3. Kristina says:

Cool. Really, really hoping they can manage to make the FBI look less stupid next season. It’s one thing to have the bad guys win every now and then for realism’s sake, but quite another to make the people that are supposed to ride to the rescue look utterly incompetent and laughable.

4. N says:

Hope it’s good!

5. jake says:

if the show doesnt kill off emma soon im gonna lose interest, she sucks

6. Mikael says:

I’m glad they noticed how stupid they made the FBI.

7. T.J says:

One question when does season 2 start?

8. Naci Panos says:

I totally LOVE this show. I will break my neck to watch it! Love Kevin Bacon, and please, please don’t let Claire die!! I love her! Kevin Bacon needs her!! I saw Claire on the Dome, I hope that does not mean she died!!

9. Ing says:

At the start of the Following I really enjoyed the story but then later episodes were so ridiculous, predicable and not cleverly written I found myself getting bored. The same thing was happening over and over again and if I could see with my average intelligence the hidden bad guys why couldn’t Kevin Bacon, the FBI dude? I’m sorry this series needs a better writer.

10. смотреть tlc онлайн Данный
    раздел, несомненно, поможет Вам узнать о последних событиях в мире и отдельных странах, увидеть трансляцию
    спортивных и культурных мероприятий, посмотреть различные кинокартины и передачи, послушать любимую музыку, и в целом, приятно провести время, не покидая компьютерного экрана.