TVLine Items: Orange Is the New Black Promotes Actress, Grey's Guest Star News and More

Taryn_ManningSpoiler alert! There’s one Orange Is the New Black inmate who’s not getting a “Get Out of Jail Free” card anytime soon.

Per our sister site Deadline, Sons of Anarchy alum Taryn Manning has been promoted to series regular status for Season 2 of the acclaimed Netflix prison drama, where she plays meth addict Tiffany “Pennsatucky” Doggett.

OITNB was renewed for a second run, to drop sometime in 2014, two weeks before its first 13 episodes even debuted.

RELATED | Netflix’s House of Cards, Arrested Development Score Emmy Nominations

Ready for more of today’s dish? Well….

* Grey’s Anatomy has tapped Bobby Campo (aka Max on Syfy’s Being Human) and Heather Hemmens (Hellcats) to guest-star in its two-hour Season 10 premiere airing Sept. 26, playing a firefighter and his cop fiancé, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

RELATED | Four Grey’s Anatomy Actors Score Series Regular Upgrades for Season 10

* The CW has moved the premiere of its new competition series, Capture, from Wednesday, July 31 to Tuesday, July 30 at 9/8c — where it will follow Whose Line is It Anyway?, which got off to a boffo start this week. (As previously announced, Top Model: Guys and Girls has a two-hour debut on Friday, Aug. 2, while the little-watched dating show Perfect Score will move to Fridays-at-8 starting August 9.)

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Season and Series Premiere Dates

* TV Land has ordered an additional 10 episodes of The Exes, which in the ratings has been pacing 9 percent above its prior season average.

1. david says:

So i guess she doesnt die in the finale after the fight

2. Lauren says:

Guess she survived then. Not sure about this, I thought Pennsyltucky was an interesting character but she started to annoy me in the last few episodes. Taryn Manning was great though.

• Plum says:

She was scary good in her role, especially the scenes in SHU. There are so many great performances on the show. Taryn was endearying, crazy, scary and sad. I’m glad she’ll be around to dish out her meth-angel craziness next season.

3. Jo says:

Taryn is a really good actress, but what else can they do with her annoying religious zealot character? I guess I should just trust Jenji Kohan’s genius mind.

4. Brad says:

The Taryn Manning news is kind of a spoiler alert, IMO. This kind of ruined it for me knowing that she will be back next season :-/

5. DavidSask says:

Damn that spoiler of Tayrn was not appreciated not everyone can binge watch a series! Glad the Exes is getting love as the series is funny and better than Hot in Cleveland!

6. Cherry says:

Heather Hemmens is great, she was the highlight of Hellcats!

7. Tav says:

Like others have said, Taryn’s promotion is kind of a spoiler. Her character (finale spoiler) ended the season with Piper beating her to a bloody pulp, so this news pretty much confirms she survives.
    Though I gotta say, it’s a bit of a relief because the thought that Piper would have compounded her sentence by killing a fellow inmate was giving me such anxiety. At least she’s not a murderer :D

8. Poppy pansy says:

Jesus people, I have finished the season but this moron is really going to sit there and type out exactly what happened thus ruining it for everyone who hasn’t had a chance to watch it yet? Some people’s kids….

9. Karmin says:

Why is everyone complaining about the fact that this is a “spoiler” when by reading this you were obviously LOOKING for info about season two? Don’t want spoilers?… well, then don’t look for them! Criminy.

Anyway, I loved the first season and look forward to the second. I liked the Taryn’s character at first, but agree with other comments that she did become very annoying in the last couple episodes.

10. twilight123 says:

I understand that it was a casting news announcement- but this really is kind of a big spoiler alert! Her character is a part of a HUGE cliffhanger for the show’s finale, where her life hung in the balance. I think it would be great if you could somehow change the title of this article to reflect that.

For instance, if it had said “Orange is the New Black Adds a New Series Regular- SPOILER ALERT”- then, if I clicked on it, I could only blame myself for whatever news I read. As it is, I clicked this interested to see if the charactersTaystee or Pousee or Big Blue, etc were joining the main cast and unintentionally ended up ruining a big plot point for next year.

Please consider changing the headline.

• Linderella says:

Absolutely! I just started watching the series. It would help if the posters also tagged their posts with Spoiler Alert.

11. Nick Murphy says:

Come on people… It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that they weren’t going to have her die from the fight. That would cross a pretty big line. Get a grip…

12. Alexis says:

Ugh her character was super annoying. Can’t believe that Penssatucky will be back to torture us with her messiah complex. They better be planning on redeeming her character coz there are much better characters that I’d like to see more of like Taystee and Pousey and Janay.

13. That’s really great and amazing. I really liked it.

14. Chris says:

Yeah this is pretty much NOT much of a spoiler. The original author of the book only spent a year and a half in prison. I doubt they would deviate so quickly. I think if they told us someone was NOT coming back….THAT would be a spoiler.

15. Dang, I really hoped the character was dead.
    She can’t be more brain damaged then she already is.

16. kailyn says:

I really hoped she would die aswell haha …I am obsessed with this show it is so interesting

17. Tom Ace says:

Taryn is absolutely incredible in this show. Her performance in the psyche ward is probably the best of the entire series (out of an array of fantastic performances.)

18. Ben says:

I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today, yeet I never
    found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.

In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made goold
    contebt as yoou did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

19. Marvelous, what a website it is! This webpage gives useful
    information to us, keep it up.

20. Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site,
    how could i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vibrant clear idea

21. Mosquitoes says:

At this time I am gling to do myy breakfast, after having
    my breakfast coming yet again to read additional news.