TVLine Items: Orange Is the New Black Promotes Actress, Grey's Guest Star News and More

Taryn_ManningSpoiler alert! There’s one Orange Is the New Black inmate who’s not getting a “Get Out of Jail Free” card anytime soon.

Per our sister site Deadline, Sons of Anarchy alum Taryn Manning has been promoted to series regular status for Season 2 of the acclaimed Netflix prison drama, where she plays meth addict Tiffany “Pennsatucky” Doggett.

OITNB was renewed for a second run, to drop sometime in 2014, two weeks before its first 13 episodes even debuted.

RELATED | Netflix’s House of Cards, Arrested Development Score Emmy Nominations

Ready for more of today’s dish? Well….

* Grey’s Anatomy has tapped Bobby Campo (aka Max on Syfy’s Being Human) and Heather Hemmens (Hellcats) to guest-star in its two-hour Season 10 premiere airing Sept. 26, playing a firefighter and his cop fiancé, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

RELATED | Four Grey’s Anatomy Actors Score Series Regular Upgrades for Season 10

* The CW has moved the premiere of its new competition series, Capture, from Wednesday, July 31 to Tuesday, July 30 at 9/8c — where it will follow Whose Line is It Anyway?, which got off to a boffo start this week. (As previously announced, Top Model: Guys and Girls has a two-hour debut on Friday, Aug. 2, while the little-watched dating show Perfect Score will move to Fridays-at-8 starting August 9.)

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Season and Series Premiere Dates

* TV Land has ordered an additional 10 episodes of The Exes, which in the ratings has been pacing 9 percent above its prior season average.

Comments (25)

• So i guess she doesnt die in the finale after the fight

Comment by david – July 18, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess she survived then. Not sure about this, I thought Pennsyltucky was an interesting character but she started to annoy me in the last few episodes. Taryn Manning was great though.

Comment by Lauren – July 18, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was scary good in her role, especially the scenes in SHU. There are so many great performances on the show. Taryn was endearying, crazy, scary and sad. I’m glad she’ll be around to dish out her meth-angel craziness next season.

Comment by Plum – August 15, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taryn is a really good actress, but what else can they do with her annoying religious zealot character? I guess I should just trust Jenji Kohan’s genius mind.

Comment by Jo – July 18, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Taryn Manning news is kind of a spoiler alert, IMO. This kind of ruined it for me knowing that she will be back next season :-/

Comment by Brad – July 18, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn that spoiler of Tayrn was not appreciated not everyone can binge watch a series! Glad the Exes is getting love as the series is funny and better than Hot in Cleveland!

Comment by DavidSask – July 19, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are right i didnt think about it. I figured everyone like me binged the show. Sorry

Comment by david – July 19, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, folks, had no idea. Headline/intro/blogroll photo tweaked to save others from spoilage.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – July 19, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s great! Thanks!

Comment by twilight123 – July 19, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not really much of a spoiler, Tucky is scrappy, she could survive an apocalypse.

Comment by Plum – August 15, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heather Hemmens is great, she was the highlight of Hellcats!

Comment by Cherry – July 19, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like others have said, Taryn’s promotion is kind of a spoiler. Her character (finale spoiler) ended the season with Piper beating her to a bloody pulp, so this news pretty much confirms she survives.
    Though I gotta say, it’s a bit of a relief because the thought that Piper would have compounded her sentence by killing a fellow inmate was giving me such anxiety. At least she’s not a murderer :D

Comment by Tav – July 19, 2013 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Piper was trying to kill the girl so will piper be back on season 2

Comment by Jonathan pease – January 20, 2014 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jesus people, I have finished the season but this moron is really going to sit there and type out exactly what happened thus ruining it for everyone who hasn’t had a chance to watch it yet? Some people’s kids….

Comment by Poppy pansy – July 19, 2013 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is everyone complaining about the fact that this is a “spoiler” when by reading this you were obviously LOOKING for info about season two? Don’t want spoilers?… well, then don’t look for them! Criminy.

Anyway, I loved the first season and look forward to the second. I liked the Taryn’s character at first, but agree with other comments that she did become very annoying in the last couple episodes.

Comment by Karmin – July 19, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand that it was a casting news announcement- but this really is kind of a big spoiler alert! Her character is a part of a HUGE cliffhanger for the show’s finale, where her life hung in the balance. I think it would be great if you could somehow change the title of this article to reflect that.

For instance, if it had said “Orange is the New Black Adds a New Series Regular- SPOILER ALERT”- then, if I clicked on it, I could only blame myself for whatever news I read. As it is, I clicked this interested to see if the charactersTaystee or Pousee or Big Blue, etc were joining the main cast and unintentionally ended up ruining a big plot point for next year.

Please consider changing the headline.

Comment by twilight123 – July 19, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely! I just started watching the series. It would help if the posters also tagged their posts with Spoiler Alert.

Comment by Linderella – July 19, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on people… It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that they weren’t going to have her die from the fight. That would cross a pretty big line. Get a grip…

Comment by Nick Murphy – July 19, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh her character was super annoying. Can’t believe that Penssatucky will be back to torture us with her messiah complex. They better be planning on redeeming her character coz there are much better characters that I’d like to see more of like Taystee and Pousey and Janay.

Comment by Alexis – July 19, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s really great and amazing. I really liked it.

Comment by Victoria Steel – July 19, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah this is pretty much NOT much of a spoiler. The original author of the book only spent a year and a half in prison. I doubt they would deviate so quickly. I think if they told us someone was NOT coming back….THAT would be a spoiler.

Comment by Chris – July 19, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang, I really hoped the character was dead.
    She can’t be more brain damaged then she already is.

Comment by Shelley Adrienne Mimi Belsky – August 7, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hoped she would die aswell haha …I am obsessed with this show it is so interesting

Comment by kailyn – August 12, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taryn is absolutely incredible in this show. Her performance in the psyche ward is probably the best of the entire series (out of an array of fantastic performances.)

Comment by Tom Ace – August 14, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post