Scoop: Family Guy Crossover Will Introduce the Griffins to The Simpsons in Fall 2014!

Family Guy Simpsons EpisodeCowabunga, dude!

We thought we we’d never live to see the day that Family Guy’s Griffin family met Bart’s bunch from The Simpsons, but that day is rapidly approaching. TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Photos and Video From More Than 50 New Shows

It doesn’t matter in the least to Homer that Peter is (in his jaundiced eyes) albino — in no time, the plus-sized pals are drinking brews and debating whether Duff or Pawtucket is the better beer. Meanwhile, Stewie is charmed by Bart’s old-school mischief; Lisa makes it her mission to find Meg’s talent (good luck with that!); and Marge and Lois become bosom buddies.

What do you think? Can the crossover possibly be good enough to satisfy fans of both shows? Is it destined to be an insta-classic? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Scoop

1. Polly says:

It’s gonna be sooooo bad. Worst idea ever.

2. Jasonbres says:

This is hardly the first Simpsons crossover on Family Guy. Homer made a cameo in the episode “Ratings Guy”.

• Chris says:

True, and I saw a rerun of the episode where Quagmire slept with Marge then shot up the entire Simpson household. But it wasn’t really their voices so I guess it doesn’t count.

• Pat D. says:

Also, the treehouse of horror episode when homer made a bunch of clones of himself….there was a peter griffin among the 100s of clones.

3. Mark says:

What a horrible idea.

4. Nicole says:

Aww come on FOX. If you’re going to do a crossover episode then use it for an official Cleveland Show series finale since he didn’t get a proper one on his own show.

• J-al says:

The clevland show is still on? Thats too bad!! Im a huge family guy fan but the clevland show is garbage!!!

• Christian says:

No, The Cleveland Show is not on the air anymore. Honestly, if you had read what he posted before commenting, you’d see that he writes in past tense – emphasis on the “past”.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

I’m sure this is emotionally devastating to you, and so important that you felt the need to comment to inform sad little J-al how sad he or she is. Do you feel better now?

• Reputable Scientist of Jackassery says:

I’m sure belittling people’s correctional comments is a really big thing in your life, as I see you felt the need to inform sad little Christian how useless his comment was. Do you feel better now? (Not that anyone cares, this is the internet.)

• Christian says:

Actually, yes, I do feel better. I got to be the one informing him that The Cleveland Show has been cancelled (I felt even better since he said he didn’t like the show). I felt it was very important to point that out – since, you know, we’re on a TV site.

• Travis says:

Isn’t that that why there is an episode coming out soon called “Guess Who’s Black!” or something like that. I kinda liked Cleveland Show. I guess the ratings didn’t agree (like with Brian dying) and they are agreeing on putting him BACK on Family Guy. Good one, FOX.

5. Zuzu says:

It’s a great idea. I’m looking forward to seeing the episode.

6. TV Gord says:

It sounds great, and your descriptions of the pairings have only increased my excitement! This has the potential to be a classic!

Now I have to go and watch my episode of The Flintstones when Samantha and Darren Stephens moved in next door!

7. Steven says:

It’s like when The Jetsons met The Flintstones. Only I’m sure it will be a lot more offensive.

8. rickounc says:

The Simpsons has been so tame lately, so I pray that Seth and his writers take the lead on this one. Because a sanitized version of Family Guy is not what I want to see on my television, but an edgier Simpsons would get my attention.

9. Brian Nussbaum says:

Hilarious

10. Gina says:

This has the potential to be awesome or a failure. I’m going to hope for the former.

And GREAT pic selection. =)

11. I’d be more for this, if Family Guy hadn’t done attempts at it before. We’ve seen Homer and Marge on the show in some form at LEAST 3 times. Bart 2 and all of them together in one episode (their voices anyway, spoiler: the episode where Brian won’t move in w/ Jillian and Glenn Quagmire walks across the screen during a placed Simpsons add in the ep – Quagmire slept w/ Marge at the Simpson home then the Simpson family comes home and Quagmire shot them all up).

I’m bored. The Simpsons need to meet the Smith family instead.

• Dj says:

There is a difference between a spoof and a crossover. They have been on each other shows as friendly jabs not crossovers.

12. Nytwyng says:

And, there’s one I’ll be skipping. No Family Guy for this guy. Don’t find it entertaining in the least.

13. Amanda Black says:

Are the Family Guy writers the only ones writing this? It will be mean and tone deaf. I hope the Simpsons writers have a say in it. That said, I’ll totally watch anyway.

14. Nico says:

I cna’t think of anything more repugnant than this… Ok, I probably can, but this is something that I can’t stand. The Simpsons have always had a more wholesome brand of comedy and Family Guy hasn’t. While Simpsons episode quality has been getting worse over the years I can believe they have become so desparate. I dread the cutaway gags musical numbers and pointless idiocy that family Guy will bring to the once great show known as the Simpsons.

15. Ryoga says:

I hope it will be aired in germany soon too.

16. peachcup says:

Best idea in 136.7 years

17. casey says:

on your mark, get set, horrible……

18. carlodowd says:

This will be class!!!

19. Kresh says:

yey, I have been waiting for an episode like this, hope it will be good!

20. Roger says:

Wait isn’t the Simpsons only renewed through a season 25? I remember two years ago how much of a big deal it was between the contracts and the voice actors. Many of the articles saying they wouldn’t e surprised it if ended after season 25 which would be spring 2014. Does this mean it’ll be renewed for a 26th season?

• Christian says:

They are only renewed for the upcoming 25th season that airs now in September 2013. I have my bets that will be the last, but there is no confirmation yet. As for the article, it specifically says this will be a Family Guy episode with them traveling to Springfield – not the opposite. This will be an FG episode.

21. Dc says:

Shows meet shark, shark meet shows

22. David says:

So … Homer with Peter, Marge with Lois, Bart with Stewie and Lisa with Meg.

Does that leave Chris with Maggie? (Oh Dear!!!) although if Brian is with him it could be probably end up with some quality TV though 5 story archs are already a lot to fill

• Reality.Bites says:

Arc. Not arch. There is no such thing as a story arch. But if there were such a thing, the plural would be arches.

If you’re not smart enough to understand why it’s not a story arch you’re also not smart enough to be discussing them in the first place. For example, if you were smart enough to be discussing them, you’d know they don’t apply to a single episode. Nor do they apply to shows where there’s no actual progression.

• Amy says:

Well to me the matching leaves me in the mindset that it will either be Chris or Brian who they kill off, as they’ve stated a member of the Griffins will be killed off an replaced so who knows!!

23. Gustavo says:

Next step: Futurama and American Dad, Ben 10 and Batman.

24. jackie says:

While i can understand the negative comments i must say (and agree with dj) the Simpson in any family episode so far have only ever been spoofs or jabs. Im truly looking forward to watching this episode, even if it ends up being a did and all those who are making negative comments should at least wait and watch it!!!!!

25. Fan of both says:

i hop it will be good

26. freddie says:

I imagine it will be cleverly out together, typical situations from both families. If we’re all honest and stop moaning and be honest we’re all going to watch this.

27. freddie says:

Think we can all agree we’ll watch it regardless of our opinions!

28. Ruben says:

Pretty sure Quagmire killed all the Simpsons in another episode when he fooled around with Marge and got caught!

29. I’ll watch, but only if they team up to solve a mystery with Don Knotts.

30. Tim Baufield says:

“Family Guy” Is “Simpsons” on steroids! It would take a helluva writing job to make it work. It has possibilities but expectations (at least on my part) would be very, very high. References to “Simpsons” on “Family Guy” were funny but I’m not sure a full crossover show would work. Different animation styles etc. Is this the final sign that The Simpsons need help to pull itself out of the grave? Is the “Family Guy” crew throwing them a bone?

31. Aitch says:

The Simpsons is pretty much the most bland show on television. I’ll watch this for the simple fact that I haven’t seen an episode that made me chuckle even once in 12 years. The “once great” comment made me giggle though, as I’m almost positive I found the show funny until I was about fourteen because I was too young to know that the majority of the episodes just weren’t funny.

Sorry, unfortunately it’s nostalgia that is putting some people on the defensive, not quality or superb comedic timing.

Hopefully Family Guy can breathe some life into the Simpsons universe, or if not, Groening can finally let it die with some dignity in the very near future.

-A former huge Simpsons fan

32. It is a great Idea and I can not wait to see it. That is if it is only one episode. And maybe a cameo once is awhile if the ratings are good for this episode.

33. Diamond says:

I think it’ll be good especially an Halloween episode with both families together

34. Juan Villa says:

Whoa! this will be very interesting! I kind of migrated to family guy over the years as my favorite TV-Cartoon “Adult” comedy show, coming from the simpsons. And being that it IS going to be a Family Guy episode (hopefully) this is sure to deliver a good time. My thoughts are split 50-50 in turn of this being an insta-classic we will just have to wait and see!

35. Christian says:

I have so many mixed feelings about this. I love The Simpsons – I don’t like Family Guy. I will definitely watch it, but there are a lot of shows I’d rather want them spinning into each other: to name one, American Dad. This was a very unoriginal idea, there have been multiple Simpsons appearances – even for just a few seconds – on Family Guy. I’d rather want American Dad and The Simpsons spinning off. Homer messing with the CIA could be a big laugh train for me – I don’t see much of a comedic potential in this.

36. nabocane says:

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! (officially lobbying for a FG-South Park crossover)

• EmaOdia. says:

yeah Dude!
      now dat will be epic.
      Eric VS Stewie!
      1 sure tyn is dt Brian will have 2 die wif Kenny. & imagine Randy matched wif Peter.
      Mr Garrison/Quagmire/Erics mum.

now dts a SHOW!!!

• Wiseguy70005 says:

Not going to happen. The most obvious reason is South Park is not produced by FOX not to mention not aired by FOX. Also, reportedly, the creators of South Park hate Family Guy.

37. j spice says:

if they really wanna make money they should make it a movie.

38. James D says:

Why? why sully the good name of the Simpsons with the crap that has become Family Guy. a few years ago i would be all for this, but know Family Guy has become so unfunny its unbearable to watch.

39. *checks calendar* nope, not April 1st

40. R says:

“We thought we we’d never live to see the ” …

41. Kenny says:

This is going to be epic!!!!!!

42. hardfugoo says:

The last gasp of a show that is trying it’s hardest not to get cancelled after such a long and historical run. But… they need to go. It’s an embarrassment to itself and it’s former glory.

43. Tyler P. says:

Great idea…. I hate how people think I’d gonna be bad when everyone knows that they are both great shows. Everyone watched the Simpsons when they came out. Everyone watched or has seen family guy when it came out…. Both became instant classics. I can’t see how anyone would think that having an episode or 2 with them mingling is a bad idea. I think it’s great!!!

44. Rob says:

I question how it will work, both shows have referenced each other as other tv shows out there and yet I freaking love the idea.

45. dmacb says:

I think that sounds like an awful lot going on in a 22-minute show.

46. i can not wait i am so excited been waiting forever for this :)

47. Mark Ward says:

OMG well this is one thing i cant wait for also EA please put some Griffin Content in to Tapped Out to commerate this outstanding ocation PLEASE :P :)

48. DL says:

Looking forward to the obligatory joke where Stewie is initially paired with Maggie and abandons her in all of two seconds.

49. Eric says:

Gig-a-dee!!!

50. Julie Bosse says:

Considering that the Simpsons are going into their 25th season I’m so in with this! These two series have been fake rivals for too long and even Seth voiced in an episode last season. Bring it on I’m sure it’ll be one of the best episodes of the season!