Scoop: Family Guy Crossover Will Introduce the Griffins to The Simpsons in Fall 2014!

Get More: News, Scoop

Family Guy Simpsons EpisodeCowabunga, dude!

We thought we we’d never live to see the day that Family Guy’s Griffin family met Bart’s bunch from The Simpsons, but that day is rapidly approaching. TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Photos and Video From More Than 50 New Shows

It doesn’t matter in the least to Homer that Peter is (in his jaundiced eyes) albino — in no time, the plus-sized pals are drinking brews and debating whether Duff or Pawtucket is the better beer. Meanwhile, Stewie is charmed by Bart’s old-school mischief; Lisa makes it her mission to find Meg’s talent (good luck with that!); and Marge and Lois become bosom buddies.

What do you think? Can the crossover possibly be good enough to satisfy fans of both shows? Is it destined to be an insta-classic? Hit the comments!

Comments (121)

• It’s gonna be sooooo bad. Worst idea ever.

Comment by Polly – July 18, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is awesome I have been wanting a crossover between these two series’s for years, and now next year we will have one. I think cameo’s are good but a full on show with each other would be really neat Idea since the pairings would be about right. Now I think after awhile Lisa will get bored with Meg and find a playmate more her speed.

Comment by Randal Daniels – July 18, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Apostrophes aren’t like dicks. You can’t just stick them wherever you feel like. Stop being stupid Randal.

Comment by Balls – July 19, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Commas, commas, commas.

Comment by dragenphoto – July 19, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • comma comma comma comma comma chameleon

Comment by John – October 29, 2013 12:50 PM PDT
    • “We thought we we’d never live to see the ” -typo

Comment by R – July 18, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do you know? I think it’s a great idea. I can’t wait for that episode to air.

Comment by Pinkrose – July 18, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just think it won’t feel true to one family or the other – or even both. The shows don’t have the same personality, the same vibe. I feel it is likely the Simpsons who come out of it worse off.

Comment by ben – July 18, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Polly.

Comment by ben – July 18, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe it will be a great crossover I can’t wait to see it

Comment by Brian Chedda – July 18, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is going to be an abortion.

Comment by Quay – July 19, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which type of abortion are you talking about? The planned surgery type, or the plan ‘c’ coat hanger type?

Comment by Daxta – July 23, 2013 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is hardly the first Simpsons crossover on Family Guy. Homer made a cameo in the episode “Ratings Guy”.

Comment by Jasonbres – July 18, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True, and I saw a rerun of the episode where Quagmire slept with Marge then shot up the entire Simpson household. But it wasn’t really their voices so I guess it doesn’t count.

Comment by Chris – July 18, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, the treehouse of horror episode when homer made a bunch of clones of himself….there was a peter griffin among the 100s of clones.

Comment by Pat D. – July 18, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a horrible idea.

Comment by Mark – July 18, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww come on FOX. If you’re going to do a crossover episode then use it for an official Cleveland Show series finale since he didn’t get a proper one on his own show.

Comment by Nicole – July 18, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The clevland show is still on? Thats too bad!! Im a huge family guy fan but the clevland show is garbage!!!

Comment by J-al – July 18, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, The Cleveland Show is not on the air anymore. Honestly, if you had read what he posted before commenting, you’d see that he writes in past tense – emphasis on the “past”.

Comment by Christian – July 18, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sure this is emotionally devastating to you, and so important that you felt the need to comment to inform sad little J-al how sad he or she is. Do you feel better now?

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – July 18, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m sure belittling people’s correctional comments is a really big thing in your life, as I see you felt the need to inform sad little Christian how useless his comment was. Do you feel better now? (Not that anyone cares, this is the internet.)

Comment by Reputable Scientist of Jackassery – July 18, 2013 03:08 PM PDT
          • Actually, yes, I do feel better. I got to be the one informing him that The Cleveland Show has been cancelled (I felt even better since he said he didn’t like the show). I felt it was very important to point that out – since, you know, we’re on a TV site.

Comment by Christian – July 19, 2013 02:55 AM PDT
        • Isn’t that that why there is an episode coming out soon called “Guess Who’s Black!” or something like that. I kinda liked Cleveland Show. I guess the ratings didn’t agree (like with Brian dying) and they are agreeing on putting him BACK on Family Guy. Good one, FOX.

Comment by Travis – December 15, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a great idea. I’m looking forward to seeing the episode.

Comment by Zuzu – July 18, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds great, and your descriptions of the pairings have only increased my excitement! This has the potential to be a classic!

Now I have to go and watch my episode of The Flintstones when Samantha and Darren Stephens moved in next door!

Comment by TV Gord – July 18, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s like when The Jetsons met The Flintstones. Only I’m sure it will be a lot more offensive.

Comment by Steven – July 18, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MMMM…fensive! ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – July 19, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See i don’t think it will. This will be such a watered down Family Guy episode.

Comment by dee123 – July 19, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Simpsons has been so tame lately, so I pray that Seth and his writers take the lead on this one. Because a sanitized version of Family Guy is not what I want to see on my television, but an edgier Simpsons would get my attention.

Comment by rickounc – July 18, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a very good point. I still love The Simpsons, but I do miss the edge of the earlier years.

Comment by TV Gord – July 19, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What if you watched it on someone else’s television?

Comment by Wiseguy70005 – September 28, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious

Comment by Brian Nussbaum – July 18, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has the potential to be awesome or a failure. I’m going to hope for the former.

And GREAT pic selection. =)

Comment by Gina – July 18, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be more for this, if Family Guy hadn’t done attempts at it before. We’ve seen Homer and Marge on the show in some form at LEAST 3 times. Bart 2 and all of them together in one episode (their voices anyway, spoiler: the episode where Brian won’t move in w/ Jillian and Glenn Quagmire walks across the screen during a placed Simpsons add in the ep – Quagmire slept w/ Marge at the Simpson home then the Simpson family comes home and Quagmire shot them all up).

I’m bored. The Simpsons need to meet the Smith family instead.

Comment by Channon Zane (@ChanAZane) – July 18, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is a difference between a spoof and a crossover. They have been on each other shows as friendly jabs not crossovers.

Comment by Dj – July 18, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And, there’s one I’ll be skipping. No Family Guy for this guy. Don’t find it entertaining in the least.

Comment by Nytwyng – July 18, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • horray!!!!!1111 you agree that this will end terribly, I hate family guy.

Comment by Sam – July 18, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please hold the shift key down when typing exclamation points. There are three acceptable spellings of hooray/hurrah/hurray…and you missed all three.

Comment by Wiseguy70005 – September 28, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are the Family Guy writers the only ones writing this? It will be mean and tone deaf. I hope the Simpsons writers have a say in it. That said, I’ll totally watch anyway.

Comment by Amanda Black – July 18, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cna’t think of anything more repugnant than this… Ok, I probably can, but this is something that I can’t stand. The Simpsons have always had a more wholesome brand of comedy and Family Guy hasn’t. While Simpsons episode quality has been getting worse over the years I can believe they have become so desparate. I dread the cutaway gags musical numbers and pointless idiocy that family Guy will bring to the once great show known as the Simpsons.

Comment by Nico – July 18, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it will be aired in germany soon too.

Comment by Ryoga – July 18, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best idea in 136.7 years

Comment by peachcup – July 18, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • on your mark, get set, horrible……

Comment by casey – July 18, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be class!!!

Comment by carlodowd – July 18, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yey, I have been waiting for an episode like this, hope it will be good!

Comment by Kresh – July 18, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait isn’t the Simpsons only renewed through a season 25? I remember two years ago how much of a big deal it was between the contracts and the voice actors. Many of the articles saying they wouldn’t e surprised it if ended after season 25 which would be spring 2014. Does this mean it’ll be renewed for a 26th season?

Comment by Roger – July 18, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are only renewed for the upcoming 25th season that airs now in September 2013. I have my bets that will be the last, but there is no confirmation yet. As for the article, it specifically says this will be a Family Guy episode with them traveling to Springfield – not the opposite. This will be an FG episode.

Comment by Christian – July 18, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shows meet shark, shark meet shows

Comment by Dc – July 18, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking they would both jump and crash in mid-air.

Comment by Juan Seles – July 18, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So … Homer with Peter, Marge with Lois, Bart with Stewie and Lisa with Meg.

Does that leave Chris with Maggie? (Oh Dear!!!) although if Brian is with him it could be probably end up with some quality TV though 5 story archs are already a lot to fill

Comment by David – July 18, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arc. Not arch. There is no such thing as a story arch. But if there were such a thing, the plural would be arches.

If you’re not smart enough to understand why it’s not a story arch you’re also not smart enough to be discussing them in the first place. For example, if you were smart enough to be discussing them, you’d know they don’t apply to a single episode. Nor do they apply to shows where there’s no actual progression.

Comment by Reality.Bites – July 21, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well to me the matching leaves me in the mindset that it will either be Chris or Brian who they kill off, as they’ve stated a member of the Griffins will be killed off an replaced so who knows!!

Comment by Amy – July 22, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next step: Futurama and American Dad, Ben 10 and Batman.

Comment by Gustavo – July 18, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You forgot the Venture Brothers.

Comment by Tracy Murray – July 18, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All shows need to be crossed with Venture Bros. so the entire world can see how freakin awesome it is!

Comment by robin – July 18, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While i can understand the negative comments i must say (and agree with dj) the Simpson in any family episode so far have only ever been spoofs or jabs. Im truly looking forward to watching this episode, even if it ends up being a did and all those who are making negative comments should at least wait and watch it!!!!!

Comment by jackie – July 18, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hop it will be good

Comment by Fan of both – July 18, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hop it’s not a did.

Comment by Wiseguy70005 – September 28, 2013 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I imagine it will be cleverly out together, typical situations from both families. If we’re all honest and stop moaning and be honest we’re all going to watch this.

Comment by freddie – July 18, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think we can all agree we’ll watch it regardless of our opinions!

Comment by freddie – July 18, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure Quagmire killed all the Simpsons in another episode when he fooled around with Marge and got caught!

Comment by Ruben – July 18, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch, but only if they team up to solve a mystery with Don Knotts.

Comment by Bart A. Solenthaler – July 18, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Family Guy” Is “Simpsons” on steroids! It would take a helluva writing job to make it work. It has possibilities but expectations (at least on my part) would be very, very high. References to “Simpsons” on “Family Guy” were funny but I’m not sure a full crossover show would work. Different animation styles etc. Is this the final sign that The Simpsons need help to pull itself out of the grave? Is the “Family Guy” crew throwing them a bone?

Comment by Tim Baufield – July 18, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Simpsons is pretty much the most bland show on television. I’ll watch this for the simple fact that I haven’t seen an episode that made me chuckle even once in 12 years. The “once great” comment made me giggle though, as I’m almost positive I found the show funny until I was about fourteen because I was too young to know that the majority of the episodes just weren’t funny.

Sorry, unfortunately it’s nostalgia that is putting some people on the defensive, not quality or superb comedic timing.

Hopefully Family Guy can breathe some life into the Simpsons universe, or if not, Groening can finally let it die with some dignity in the very near future.

-A former huge Simpsons fan

Comment by Aitch – July 18, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is a great Idea and I can not wait to see it. That is if it is only one episode. And maybe a cameo once is awhile if the ratings are good for this episode.

Comment by Christopher Hurd – July 18, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’ll be good especially an Halloween episode with both families together

Comment by Diamond – July 18, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa! this will be very interesting! I kind of migrated to family guy over the years as my favorite TV-Cartoon “Adult” comedy show, coming from the simpsons. And being that it IS going to be a Family Guy episode (hopefully) this is sure to deliver a good time. My thoughts are split 50-50 in turn of this being an insta-classic we will just have to wait and see!

Comment by Juan Villa – July 18, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have so many mixed feelings about this. I love The Simpsons – I don’t like Family Guy. I will definitely watch it, but there are a lot of shows I’d rather want them spinning into each other: to name one, American Dad. This was a very unoriginal idea, there have been multiple Simpsons appearances – even for just a few seconds – on Family Guy. I’d rather want American Dad and The Simpsons spinning off. Homer messing with the CIA could be a big laugh train for me – I don’t see much of a comedic potential in this.

Comment by Christian – July 18, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then you’re not very imaginative, are you….

Comment by hardfugoo – July 18, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I’m not, I admit to that, haha!

Comment by Christian – July 19, 2013 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweeeeeeeeeeet! (officially lobbying for a FG-South Park crossover)

Comment by nabocane – July 18, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah Dude!
      now dat will be epic.
      Eric VS Stewie!
      1 sure tyn is dt Brian will have 2 die wif Kenny. & imagine Randy matched wif Peter.
      Mr Garrison/Quagmire/Erics mum.

now dts a SHOW!!!

Comment by EmaOdia. – July 18, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not going to happen. The most obvious reason is South Park is not produced by FOX not to mention not aired by FOX. Also, reportedly, the creators of South Park hate Family Guy.

Comment by Wiseguy70005 – September 28, 2013 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if they really wanna make money they should make it a movie.

Comment by j spice – July 18, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? why sully the good name of the Simpsons with the crap that has become Family Guy. a few years ago i would be all for this, but know Family Guy has become so unfunny its unbearable to watch.

Comment by James D – July 18, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *checks calendar* nope, not April 1st

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 18, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “We thought we we’d never live to see the ” …

Comment by R – July 18, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be epic!!!!!!

Comment by Kenny – July 18, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last gasp of a show that is trying it’s hardest not to get cancelled after such a long and historical run. But… they need to go. It’s an embarrassment to itself and it’s former glory.

Comment by hardfugoo – July 18, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, why don’t they just cancel Family Guy already?

Comment by Alex White – July 18, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Learn the difference between its and it’s. Two different words and not interchangeable.

Comment by Wiseguy70005 – September 28, 2013 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great idea…. I hate how people think I’d gonna be bad when everyone knows that they are both great shows. Everyone watched the Simpsons when they came out. Everyone watched or has seen family guy when it came out…. Both became instant classics. I can’t see how anyone would think that having an episode or 2 with them mingling is a bad idea. I think it’s great!!!

Comment by Tyler P. – July 18, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I question how it will work, both shows have referenced each other as other tv shows out there and yet I freaking love the idea.

Comment by Rob – July 18, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that sounds like an awful lot going on in a 22-minute show.

Comment by dmacb – July 18, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve read reports it may be a two-parter (if so, probably shown in an hour timeslot).

Comment by Wiseguy70005 – September 28, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can not wait i am so excited been waiting forever for this :)

Comment by Alisha Blanchette – July 18, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG well this is one thing i cant wait for also EA please put some Griffin Content in to Tapped Out to commerate this outstanding ocation PLEASE :P :)

Comment by Mark Ward – July 18, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the obligatory joke where Stewie is initially paired with Maggie and abandons her in all of two seconds.

Comment by DL – July 18, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gig-a-dee!!!

Comment by Eric – July 18, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering that the Simpsons are going into their 25th season I’m so in with this! These two series have been fake rivals for too long and even Seth voiced in an episode last season. Bring it on I’m sure it’ll be one of the best episodes of the season!

Comment by Julie Bosse – July 18, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post