Rookie Blue Renewed for Season 5

MISSY PEREGRYMThe men and women of Rookie Blue‘s 15 Division will be back on the beat next season.

ABC has renewed the cop drama for a fifth go-around, the series announced Wednesday via its Twitter feed.

Rookie Blue, starring Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith, currently airs Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC. Season 5 will begin production in 2014.

1. MonicaF says:

Great news!!

2. Margaret says:

this makes me so happy!! I got a little nervous bc of the wonky scheduling with the NBA finals & 4th of July this year, and the lower ratings, but this season has been so strong!! glad to see it’s coming back for season 5!!

3. Kali says:

Such wonderful, wonderful news!!! So great to be able to be looking forward to another season of Rookie Blue :)
    Hoping for a great #McSwarek reunion that does their great storyline justice!

4. Badpenny says:

I guess I’ll need to go to Hulu and watch the first 4 episodes of season 4 now.

5. Guest says:

YESSSS!!!!

6. More Missy Peregrym. She’s one of the “hottest” female TV cops I’ve ever seen. (wolf whistle)

7. juan says:

love it

8. marga says:

This season has been so negative for renewal McSwarek that we hope that the 13 eps of s5 be devoted entirely to enjoy!

9. sarah says:

So excited! This is one of my favorite shows on TV!
    Not only is it a fantastic show but seeing more of Ben Bass and Peter Mooney is wonderful!

10. Sar says:

AMAZING!!!!!!! Easily my favorite show of the summer!

11. Awesome news! RB is one of my favorites shows!!

12. K. says:

This is Great! Just please put Andy and Sam back together……

13. Bre says:

Yes! Favourite summer show!!

14. Rebecca says:

Amazing news!!!! So happy!!!!

15. tiffany says:

That what I’m talking about YESSSSSSS

16. Hope Leslie says:

Very very fabulous! One of my favorite shows

17. Ari says:

Rookie Blue is the best show for summer! When it is on it is appointment TV but it’s not the kind of show I find myself missing through the long winter months of the regular tv season. It’s perfect! Can’t wait for more!

18. Lynn says:

FANTASTIC….. love the show especially that it’s filmed in Toronto so can relate to street names…………….

19. Sarah says:

Love Missy Peregrym! So happy to hear it was renewed!

20. Gerald says:

Awesome News. Just as long as they don’t make us suffer through any kind of Andy and Sam reunion. Last thing I want to see.

21. Rachel says:

Yaaay!!! I’m so happy there will be a season 5 and I truly hope there is more in store for Sam and Andy :) They belong together:) Love Rookie Blue!!!

22. Rachel says:

I love this show I’m so glad it has been renewed I can’t wait hurry up 2014.

23. Angie says:

I am so happy thi is an awesome show with great actors please put Sam and Andy back together they are such a great couple I love them together I hate nick and andy they are a terrible couple

24. elise says:

i hope andy and nick stay together urgh :(

25. Sherry says:

Come on Andy!! Wake up and smell the coffee. NICK is the man!!

26. Kat says:

I love Rookie Blue especially Andy and Nick’s romance I don’t really like Sam and Andy. LOVE it please don’t make us wait until next summer.

27. rosie says:

Yes yes yes! I spent all week watching all the way from the begining! For the second maybe third time! Haha I still hate how the end of every season makes me want to build a time machine to find out what will happen next. This show is amazing! I can not wait for next season! Ill be counting the days! I can not wait to see where the story line goes!

28. sassy says:

i am so glad there is going to be more seasons. i wish Nick and Andy will be together because they are soo good together and i don’t like the fact that he is very good guy and the girls are always breaking his heart

29. Becca says:

I have watched this show from the very beginning and I was always for luke and andy, although I don’t think it would’ve ever worked because of the attraction between sam and andy. Sam and Andy’s relationship has been really rocky and its’ definitely because he’s a lot like her. Andy is a lone wolf and she wants to do things for herself and take care of herself and so is Sam. Andy is absolutely more open about her feelings but Sam is changing for her because he loves her and wants to be with her. Nick and Andy is sweet but really? She obviously can’t get over Sam because they are right for each other. They understand each other and care very deeply for each other. Andy is definitely good for Sam because he is opening up a bit more and learning how to show his feelings. Sam is good for Andy because he makes her a bit more serious. In her relationship with Nick, you can see how playful she is but she needs to grow up and throughout the series, she has been and Sam was a major contributor in that. But if Andy chooses Sam, how many more seasons do you think they will be able to make? If she chooses Nick, Sam won’t be a lead character anymore as he said he couldn’t be there with her anymore (while she is with Nick.) He would turn into a “Luke” type character popping in every once in awhile. Here’s one question though…if Luke loved Andy sooooo much, why didn’t he ever really fight to get her back or even talk to her. He told Jo that he wanted Andy back but he never did anything. How sad.

30. kerissa says:

I just cant wait for S5 i just want more n more of rookie blue!!!nick n sam are great guys but andy needs to pick one !!! Tough choice ???

31. Tarry says:

Andy and Sam are perfect for one another since the first episode the sparks have been flying I’d love for them to get back together but I also hope they find Nick someone else cause his the sweetest guy and he keeps gettin’ his heart broken under any other circumstances him and Andy woulda been perfect for one another but I’m all for Sam and Andy

32. Jg says:

Great, but stop forcing the lesbian story line!

33. Miguel says:

Sweet! Man, I hope they give Gail and Holly more airtime. Their storyline is the only one that doesn’t make me want scream in frustration and throw something at the tv. Andy is kind of insufferable, though I do like Missy Peregrym.

34. Enigma says:

I have recently discovered this show and am watching all the back episodes. Yes to Sam and Andy. Double and triple yes to Gail and Holly. Love Oliver. Yes to this show.

35. Polly says:

Andy n sam hv a very strong bond since in the beggining of episode 1.

36. willy says:

andy n sam are great for each other their relationship started before dating thats love please make them date again nick is a good guy but he’s character has no hit in it…

37. B says:

I loved this show and all the actors and actresses–don’t ever cancel–I’ve been watching it from the beginning.

38. Mary Anne says:

Rookie blue is unique in that it has a bit of everything from passion to clashes between characters to police getting down and dirty. The passion between Sam and Andy keeps you coming back .There are too many shows now that are so violent that you ending up changing the channel but Rookie Blue while it keeps you on your seat at times, it does not go the route of appealing to that sick mind out there that only looks for the worst blood and guts which we have seen duplicated in real life. I really hope the writers know how many people stay loyal to the show due to this on going love affair with Sam and Andy. In the new season they say they are only friends. I really hope not because with Sam and Andy there is passion both in and out of bed whereas with Nick it was this “nice”, numb, no passion relationship, somewhat like so many of us live in reality! That passion with Sam and Andy when they even look at each other is what we, as women all look for and is so hard to find. Please get them together again! They were why I watched the show, not too much violence but still lots of action, lots of relationships and that one passion driven love affair which they find impossible to deny but head games get in their way of moving forward . We need more shows like Rookie Blue which most of us can relate to on some level, has morals and real life situations but does not go too far to attract sick minds. It is a really great show!

39. mellisa says: