Revenge Scoop: Pan Am Actress to Play a French Hottie From Daniel's Past

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Revenge Season 3 Cast Karine VanasseRevenge‘s Emily spent much of last season in the company of a smokin’ hot figure from her past. Now, it looks like it’s Daniel’s turn.

Karine Vanasse will play Margaux, a French businesswoman and former acquaintance of the Grayson scion’s, in the ABC drama’s upcoming third season, TVLine has learned.

RELATEDRevenge Casts CW Stud as Victoria’s Son

Margaux will be in town to start a magazine (meaning she’s loaded, idealistic, foolish or a combination of the three) and will stick around for a multi-episode arc.

French-Canadian actress Vanasse had the role of orphaned stewardess Colette in ABC’s ill-fated Pan Am.

After the explosive events of the Season 2 cliffhanger, the series returns (with a five-month time jump) on Sunday, Sept. 29.

Got opinions/theories/feelings about Em’s possible competition? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (27)

• perfect casting!! she was the best part of Pan-Am, I’m so happy to see her back on TV!

Comment by Margaret – July 17, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She sure was! I just hope they don’t waste her potential by writing her into some boring cliche…

Comment by Ewa – July 18, 2013 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a Revenge watcher, but would be tempted to start. I adored Vanasse on Pan Am. ABC need to make the star of a show soon!

Comment by rikerdonegal – July 17, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Aiden. I really hope beyond hope he’s not dead.

Comment by lisa – July 17, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not dead. He is still a series regular next season. :D

Comment by Austin – July 17, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not sure about that-Barry Sloane has hinted on Twitter that Aiden might just be seen in flashbacks.

Comment by EJ – July 17, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best casting news this year so far.

Comment by anthonynewhall – July 17, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is great news. I have been missing her since Pan Am was cancelled. Can’t wait!!!

Comment by Carol – July 17, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! PanAm had so much promise and I really enjoyed it. I wish more people would have given it a chance.

Comment by schu – July 17, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited about this! Karine Vanasse was great on Pan Am and deserves all the exposure she can get. Getting rid of the abysmal Ashley Madekwe and bringing her in are definitely two steps in the right direction for Revenge. :)

Comment by whisperintherain – July 17, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no, looks like I’m gonna have to start watching Revenge again. I love her!

Comment by KS – July 17, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, that’s exactly that they need! They’ve got rid of Ashly just to bring in another useless character. Way to go!

Comment by Maria – July 17, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is fantastic, I’m beyond excited for her return to my tv

Comment by Juan – July 17, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her on Pan Am! Sad when it was over. At least I can see her on here now!!!

Comment by Rebecca – July 17, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, I really hope they don’t do that time jump and skip over Jack’s reaction.

Comment by Chris – July 17, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was pretty much the best part of Pan Am.

Comment by Quinn Mallory – July 17, 2013 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge doesn’t need anymore useless characters.

Comment by Susan – July 17, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Karine. But she’s basically going to play Ashley’s role? Fashionist, snob … Why did they get rid of her?

Comment by Jes – July 17, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does she look like Ashley or is it just me? They are probably replacing Ashley with… Ashley!

Comment by Stefan – July 18, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only for a arc ? :(
    I want her all the season long.

Comment by Roger Canada – July 18, 2013 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay another character , let’s introduce 10000 more and forget about Emily’s agenda. This show was a mess hopefully the last couple of episode saved the boat.

Useless character already on the show with no story-telling :
    -That creep who stalked Charlotte.
    -The brothers who framed Jack.
    -the Crazy mother of Emily
    -etc

Comment by B.Sidney – July 18, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that they bring a new character in for season 3 revenge. Now emily have to competition for Daniel attention. I think this season 3 will be exciting with all the drama. I wonder how emily will feel with a new lady in Daniel life. I like to see they fight for Daniel attention.

Comment by Mai – July 19, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her!

Comment by Ella – July 21, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The talent who made pan am that interesting! Have to view season 1&2 to catch the drift…

Comment by Bogie Gallardo – July 24, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, it appears that when a soapie is about to flounder or trying not to loose ratings, they bring in hunks and dames to keep fans into the game.
    Never have seen REVENGE as I am not a soap fan, I am interested in catching a few episodes just to see how ratings survive. I’m sure the first few will hold their own. It’s after the novelty wears off how the ratings survive.
    I heard that last season they muddled things up by introducing two new themes late in the season. Also heard they were dying slowly.
    I guess I’ll have to watch to see if it sinks or swims. :D

Comment by Tallie – July 27, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant wait fo revenge 3!!!

Comment by wasp – August 12, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still extremely upset with abc over the executive negligence that led to Pan Am’s demise. Let’s be clear, you cannot start a series and constantly change the time slot, day of week, and subject the viewing audience to constant pre-emption without prior notice for sporting events and think the viewers won’t mind. Pan Am came out blazing with over 11 million viewers, and the idiots at abc destroyed its rightful success with amateurish handling. abc deserves the entire failure of that show to be placed squarely upon the shoulders of their cadre, cut and dry. So much talent squandered with no consideration given to the 5 or 6 million devout viewers that bounced around trying to catch all the episodes. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any show ushered in with such fanfare. At it’s start they dominated the daytime talk shows with appearences, headlining the cast. Boy oh boy, I bet abc sure wishes they could have a do-over! I recently broke my boycott against abc when the new ‘agents of shield’ began, but my distrust of this network runs so deep, that…as a loyal follower of any program that I give my time to; that treatment again in the future may make me use the blocking function on my television altogether. The subsequent failures of the garbage programming that followed their abandonment of Pan Am serves them right! How is it ever justifiable to trade culture, fashion, nostalgia, and excellent writing, for societal puke? Shame on them, that’s what I say. I hope the success of the entire cast and crew of the former Pan Am series is so stellar that they cringe. And if anyone reading this happens to know people in high places, I sure wish they would encourage someone with another network to buy the rights to the show! I thought it might even ressurect the airline company itself! Lastly, I ask you is there anyplace more exciting than an airport terminal? So much excitement and wonder…families reunited, exotic destinations, the sense of exploration and the best of technology…sure do miss that show

Comment by gunner – November 28, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post