Revenge Scoop: Pan Am Actress to Play a French Hottie From Daniel's Past

Revenge Season 3 Cast Karine VanasseRevenge‘s Emily spent much of last season in the company of a smokin’ hot figure from her past. Now, it looks like it’s Daniel’s turn.

Karine Vanasse will play Margaux, a French businesswoman and former acquaintance of the Grayson scion’s, in the ABC drama’s upcoming third season, TVLine has learned.

RELATEDRevenge Casts CW Stud as Victoria’s Son

Margaux will be in town to start a magazine (meaning she’s loaded, idealistic, foolish or a combination of the three) and will stick around for a multi-episode arc.

French-Canadian actress Vanasse had the role of orphaned stewardess Colette in ABC’s ill-fated Pan Am.

After the explosive events of the Season 2 cliffhanger, the series returns (with a five-month time jump) on Sunday, Sept. 29.

Got opinions/theories/feelings about Em’s possible competition? Sound off in the comments!

1. Margaret says:

perfect casting!! she was the best part of Pan-Am, I’m so happy to see her back on TV!

2. rikerdonegal says:

Not a Revenge watcher, but would be tempted to start. I adored Vanasse on Pan Am. ABC need to make the star of a show soon!

3. lisa says:

I miss Aiden. I really hope beyond hope he’s not dead.

4. Best casting news this year so far.

5. Carol says:

That is great news. I have been missing her since Pan Am was cancelled. Can’t wait!!!

• schu says:

Agreed! PanAm had so much promise and I really enjoyed it. I wish more people would have given it a chance.

6. whisperintherain says:

Really excited about this! Karine Vanasse was great on Pan Am and deserves all the exposure she can get. Getting rid of the abysmal Ashley Madekwe and bringing her in are definitely two steps in the right direction for Revenge. :)

7. KS says:

Oh no, looks like I’m gonna have to start watching Revenge again. I love her!

8. Maria says:

Yeah, that’s exactly that they need! They’ve got rid of Ashly just to bring in another useless character. Way to go!

9. Juan says:

She is fantastic, I’m beyond excited for her return to my tv

10. Rebecca says:

Loved her on Pan Am! Sad when it was over. At least I can see her on here now!!!

11. Chris says:

Oh man, I really hope they don’t do that time jump and skip over Jack’s reaction.

12. Quinn Mallory says:

She was pretty much the best part of Pan Am.

13. Susan says:

Revenge doesn’t need anymore useless characters.

14. Jes says:

I like Karine. But she’s basically going to play Ashley’s role? Fashionist, snob … Why did they get rid of her?

15. Stefan says:

Does she look like Ashley or is it just me? They are probably replacing Ashley with… Ashley!

16. Roger Canada says:

Only for a arc ? :(
    I want her all the season long.

17. B.Sidney says:

Yay another character , let’s introduce 10000 more and forget about Emily’s agenda. This show was a mess hopefully the last couple of episode saved the boat.

Useless character already on the show with no story-telling :
    -That creep who stalked Charlotte.
    -The brothers who framed Jack.
    -the Crazy mother of Emily
    -etc

18. Mai says:

I love that they bring a new character in for season 3 revenge. Now emily have to competition for Daniel attention. I think this season 3 will be exciting with all the drama. I wonder how emily will feel with a new lady in Daniel life. I like to see they fight for Daniel attention.

19. Ella says:

Love her!

20. Bogie Gallardo says:

The talent who made pan am that interesting! Have to view season 1&2 to catch the drift…

21. Tallie says:

Well, it appears that when a soapie is about to flounder or trying not to loose ratings, they bring in hunks and dames to keep fans into the game.
    Never have seen REVENGE as I am not a soap fan, I am interested in catching a few episodes just to see how ratings survive. I’m sure the first few will hold their own. It’s after the novelty wears off how the ratings survive.
    I heard that last season they muddled things up by introducing two new themes late in the season. Also heard they were dying slowly.
    I guess I’ll have to watch to see if it sinks or swims. :D

22. wasp says:

cant wait fo revenge 3!!!

23. gunner says:

I’m still extremely upset with abc over the executive negligence that led to Pan Am’s demise. Let’s be clear, you cannot start a series and constantly change the time slot, day of week, and subject the viewing audience to constant pre-emption without prior notice for sporting events and think the viewers won’t mind. Pan Am came out blazing with over 11 million viewers, and the idiots at abc destroyed its rightful success with amateurish handling. abc deserves the entire failure of that show to be placed squarely upon the shoulders of their cadre, cut and dry. So much talent squandered with no consideration given to the 5 or 6 million devout viewers that bounced around trying to catch all the episodes. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any show ushered in with such fanfare. At it’s start they dominated the daytime talk shows with appearences, headlining the cast. Boy oh boy, I bet abc sure wishes they could have a do-over! I recently broke my boycott against abc when the new ‘agents of shield’ began, but my distrust of this network runs so deep, that…as a loyal follower of any program that I give my time to; that treatment again in the future may make me use the blocking function on my television altogether. The subsequent failures of the garbage programming that followed their abandonment of Pan Am serves them right! How is it ever justifiable to trade culture, fashion, nostalgia, and excellent writing, for societal puke? Shame on them, that’s what I say. I hope the success of the entire cast and crew of the former Pan Am series is so stellar that they cringe. And if anyone reading this happens to know people in high places, I sure wish they would encourage someone with another network to buy the rights to the show! I thought it might even ressurect the airline company itself! Lastly, I ask you is there anyplace more exciting than an airport terminal? So much excitement and wonder…families reunited, exotic destinations, the sense of exploration and the best of technology…sure do miss that show