True Blood Renewed for Season 7

true blood renewed season 7HBO is thirsty for more True Blood: The cabler has renewed the vampire drama for a seventh season, to launch in Summer 2014.

Executive producer Brian Buckner, who last March replaced Mark Hudis as showrunner, will remain in that role for Season 7.

RELATED | True Blood Twist: It’s Eric Vs. Pam in a Duel to the Death

True Blood, which is midway through its sixth season, “remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers,” said HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo in a statement. “Thanks to Brian and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV.”

HBO declined to say how many episodes Season 7 will consist of, but sources put the number once again at 10.

The show’s Season 6 premiere last month drew 4.5 million viewers, off 14 percent from Season 5’s opener.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated!

1. Reblogged this on Eric Eric Eric and commented:
    Yay!!! Not that I was worried they wouldn’t be, but it gives us a solid footing for next season in case they decide that it does become the final one. At least one more year of Eric!

• Aolani08 says:

I agree with you.

• Cricket says:

I agree I can’t get enough of true blood I hope they run as long if not longer then the the tv show Friends but the same cast needs to all stay not die off one by one so HBO keep it going true blood and Game of thrones is the only reason I even have HBO if they go I go as a viewer sorry but its the same old movies and the other show tv series are not that interested as these 2

2. gabriel anthony says:

PLEASE LET SEASON 7 BE THE FINAL SEASON! Season 6 is awesome, but i can’t see too much story for 2 more seasons

• mac says:

why would anyone want the show to end ?

• Jake says:

The only thing I want to end on this show is Alcide. This season has done absolutely nothing for him or sam for that matter, and when they come on screen I instantly want them off of it. I’m so bored by those two characters.

Everything else has been interesting at least.

• Mary says:

I do not want the show to end!! I hope there is a season 8 and 9!!!! There are so many fans out there who love this show!

• Allyssa says:

well if they had stuck with the storyline of the sookie stackhouse books there would be like 13 seasons.

• A. says:

Love those books, but some of the story lines would not have transferred well for a television adaptation, in my opinion. Plus, I like that they mix it up, it keeps me guessing.

3. Tim says:

S6 has been much better than S5. If they’d just end the werewolves/shifter stuff everything would be great (not saying they need to get rid of all those characters but at the very least make them merge with the main storyline or just have them be more filler for the town).

4. yless says:

This show was always campy, but this season it’s way over the top campy! The characters are increasingly bizarre mess of their former selves.It should have ended at least 3 seasons ago.The writing is the worst it has ever been.If it wasn’t on the “prestigious” HBO it would be considered trash TV.

• liz says:

Ug, ‘prestigious’ HBO is right. I hate how there’s such a cultural belief that everything they do is ‘so excellent’ that no one really takes a critical eye to it. Like, its on HBO so it must be good right. Its frustrating. Especially for fantasy/scifi stuff; other networks do it and get no recognition, yet suddenly HBO does some and suddenly its like the Second Coming.
      I’ve never really cared for HBO; they use gratuitous sex and violence to cover up huge writing flaws

• Mike R. says:

What cultural belief, HBO has as much critics as it does people who praise it. True Blood in its current form receives very mixed reviews, not to mention the Newsroon is not universally loved anywhere, and how about Girls, especially the audience hates that show while critics were mixed on its second season. There is no cultural belief that HBO is the God of cable television.

• Tahoe Mike says:

HBO, and Showtime, program for the adults who pay for it, not to the level of the twelve year old who might watch. They make it so pathetically clear that the other channels are censoring their content to comfort the cowardly corporations who buy ad’s. The language, nudity, and sex only appear to be gratuitous in comparison to the pablum on “regular” TV. In real life adults do curse, tell and laugh at actually dirty jokes, smoke, drink, and get naked with each other. The writing may not always be Shakespeare, who also wrote for adults, and not everything is to my tastes; but I don’t usually feel like my intelligence is being insulted or that I’m being treated like a child.

• Mary says:

This show is great and for those who do not Like it then shut up and do not watch it. It all a matter of opinion. But those who complain just do not watch it. There are ton s of fans who love this show and it is not trash TV. If it was it would not captured millions of viewers HBO or not I hope there are 10 seasons

5. Dillon says:

There’s some great stuff that I would love to see if they started going back to some of the books material. It’s getting too chaotic, but I’m glad Season 6 seems to be fiing Season 5 things. But at the rate the show has made humans vs vampires become, it’s going to be hard to get out of this corner.

• Debbie says:

except they Have to in order to get back to the core of True Blood! We all miss the story lines that were good and you looked forward to! ‘Back to basics’ if you will! Enough of the damn experimental camp BS! Explore more of the Fae and Vamp juicy story lines….enough of Human vs Vamps BS as if it wasn’t always there! Pray the writers don’t drag this out much longer! I am going to So miss PAM!

6. katrina says:

So excited with this news! Wish it would just keep going for 7 more!! Best show!!!

7. t86 says:

i really like how this season is going. Things are come more and more interesting, so i’m really glady to see this renewal. i’ve got admitt that i was a little afraid before the season starts..so, yay to this!

8. Shows says:

This season is much better than four and five. Glad to here the renewal but I think the show should end season 7 or 8.

9. Eric7740 says:

Thats great!!! But we need our 12 episodes back HBO!!! This 10 episode stuff is ridiculous!!!

10. Superhero says:

Ugh, why won’t this terrible, terrible show just die already?

(And to those who would say that I just shouldn’t watch it if I don’t like it, I don’t; not anymore. But it’s still taking up a timeslot that could/should be used on a new show.

11. Anil says:

LOVE IT. True Blood never dies.

I dont know if you have crap taste or not, but you gotta be blind not to see that season 6 is 100000000000000000 x better than season 5. The new showrunner was risky but he did a damn good job.

• Mary says:

This show is awesome!!!! People who trash this show have bad taste !! So glad about another season! The show is getting better then last season. Hope there is a season 8 & 9!!!!

12. Bobby says:

Great news. I love what’s happening this season I just hope, hope, hope that it isn’t Pam that’s dying next week.

13. Fernanda says:

Season 7 should be the final season. Right now Sookie is so pissed off with the supernatural world and maybe she gave uo with her fairy powers and becoming a normal person. But this show is about addiction.. to blood, to sex, to be powerful and the supernatural world, so, anything could happen, even a death vamp fairy Sookie, I hope not.

I hope Sookie doesn’t end up with,..(I don’t write anytihing if you want to read how the book series end). I prefer Sookie alone, or at least leaving Bon Temps for good, ala Claire Fisher on Six Feet Under (the other successful show from Alan Ball’s head)

14. Angel says:

why cant this show just end already im sick of it they use sex to much to cover everything up and they use it to get more viewers hope season 7 will be the last then or season 6 if it gets cancelled for season 7 this is bullcrap

• Ophelia says:

Maybe I’m missing something, but there have been hardly any sex scenes at all in season 6. What, 3-4 major ones in a total of 8 episodes? In fact, compared to the other seasons, s6 is very much focused on plot and character development. I’m enjoying it a lot, although I do agree that the werewolves’ and also Sam’s storylines are exhausted and increasingly boring.

15. Don’t know if True Blood is going to last seven or eight season tops.

16. Whatever says:

Season 6 is Great !
    I’m glad TB has been renewed.
    I wouldn’t mind it Warlow and Sookie got together next season.
    Fae blood was unstable but Bill may synthesize Warlow’s blood for the New True Blood.
    I wonder if vampires could walk in the sun like Warlow if they drank it ?

17. aolani08 says:

I like the show has been renewed for another season. This season started off great and i’m glad the action is happening away from Fangtasia. I can’t wrap my head around 6 seasons and Bill now Ben/Warlow and Sookie can feel love from them but can’t grasp the concept from Eric! Nora is wasted space, Willa, is wasted space, and Bon Temps need more male vampires besides Bill and his progeny Warlow oh by the way if Bill wants Sookie he can command Warlow to hand her over. I guess in the end AB and CH gets what they want in the end.

18. Sandi says:

I’m love TB, am happy it’s renewed. LOL at those that beg for it please to be cancelled. Does someone or something compel you to watch it against your will?

• Mary says:

I agree those who trash the show why do you watch it? Haha! Are you secretly addicted?? I love this show and hope it lasts many more seasons :-)

19. Sarah says:

Great News! I will watch True Blood until the end regardless, but I feel a lot better about it seeing that the show has improved so much over last season.

20. Vikki says:

True Blood has always been about The Mystique and The Comedy, with all the nudity and swearing we love to watch with it.Every season the main characters evolve as the secondary ones cause all the conflict.My problem is with the stragglers that are causing nothing but boring storylines for the secondary ones.The one big mistake they made was taking the beloved Sam,killing off his Luna & thus killed one of the main heart chambers of the show.The storyline with Bill is just getting too high tech with his Spok-like aura for the La. swampish Bon Temps nature of the show that I really love.Just when the whole AVL show was over they had to bring on another sterile institution for the “Dirty South” aspect that gave TB its edge in the first place.However, I would still love to see TB go to it’s 8th season.

21. Faster says:

Great news. And as people have said, this season is so much better than last! I’m really digging this season. Does anyone feel like you could basically have skipped over S5 and not missed anything too important? I feel like they could have covered the events of S5 in two or three episodes, cut out most of the Authority crap, and give us a 12-season run back. But excited to see where things are going!

22. Matt says:

This is RIDICULOUS!!!! This show needs to end NOW!!! I’m getting so sick of the human prejudice in this show. No matter how many humans they rape, kill and torture, the main cast of vamps is always made to be the victims and the humans are just ignorant haters. I’m so sick of all these new age hippies on the show like Willa and the girl that threw the tomato at Gov. Burrell saying crap like: “No, don’t hurt the poor vampires.” Even as they continue to kill humans for sadism and blood lust. Are you INSANE?! They never talk about what the humans on the show have suffered (except for Sookie) only the poor vamps who can’t rip people apart anymore because someone will notice. Boo-frickin-hoo!!! And another thing, comparing vamp rights to Gay rights is just SICK!!! That’s right, that’s what they do. All the “God hates fangs” and “fanger” references they throw around has fans and critics saying this is too similar to gay rights, and my gay friends agree that it’s tasteless. Like remember in Season 5 at Fangtasia when Jess is talking to Tara about being newly turned and Tara says she has all these new feelings? Like wanting to rip peoples heads off? And what does Jess say? That’s right, she says “these feelings are not wrong” and “It gets better”. Both of which my gay friends found very tasteless and insulting. In short, I’m sick of the writers trying to make the audience feel sorry for vamps and like some great historical crime is being committed when humans try to protect themselves by killing a monster race who wants to enslave all humanity, simply because it gives them a hard on or because “God told them to do it.” ‘Nuff said!!

• Lowe says:

Matt you just need to TURN THE CHANNEL!!!!!

• Lowe says:

Matt this is TV….. It is not real!!!!!!!!

• Mary says:

Matt you need to turn channel holy bonkers if you have so many issues with show do not watch it!! I love the show and all it has to say and give it s what us true blood fans love!!! But you need to turn the channel for your own sanity after reading your post ha! Holy bonkers haha! But for me love this show!!! Hope it lasts forever ;-)

23. theo says:

excellent post, i certainly enjoy this website, continue it

24. jen says:

I want more …love the show but have to keep eric an bill alive got to wait so long season 7 ugh

25. jen says:

For the hater poster above who posted about hating the show dont watch it that Simple!!! great show awesome plot

26. sophie says:

Wish True Blood would carry on forever :-D The thought of there only being 1, maybe 2 seasons left seriously depresses me :-( i watch it online every week, but waiting a whole week for each episode is torture! I have a seriou

27. Fan says:

I would be so happy if there won’t be any shifters and [especially!] werewolfs, because they are really BORING. :/

28. Jess says:

True Blood is an HBO staple, and I’ll watch regardless of my feelings about certain conclusions…that said, seasons 1 and 3 are my favorite. While the show rightly takes creative deviations from the books, I think they’ve strayed too far. How Bill progressed from Sookie’s first love (basically, a vampire “techie”) in the books to divinity, I’ll never know. Even for fantasy, it’s far-fetched.

29. Rall says:

Love the show. I got gay friends to and they love it to. Hopping sookie will be turned and cant wait for a new season. Btw Matt keep writing BS ill make the popcorn

30. amanda frampton says:

If you don’t like the show then don’t watch it! I love TrueBlood and can’t wait to see more!!!!!

31. Manda says:

This season (in my opinion) is SO much better than the last couple. I love how the story lines are not as complicated, I can tell that they are getting back to the core of the show. Definitely looking forward to the finale and next season for sure. There are plenty of directions this show could go in and I hope Eric returns too. Some fans may not like Warlow/Sookie and that’s fine but for me they are one of my favorites, very eager to see their connection and how it will impact the show/other characters.

32. ericwithjasonandwarlow says:

I’d love True Blood to last until I die of old age. (I’m 23)
    I would like to see more sex and violence though, but more sex than violence. Specially gay sex,
    P.S: If HBO didn’t exist I wouldn’t have a tv.

33. hobbitko says:

I can´t help myself, but I think they miscasted the Sam character – the actor is so unappealing, uninteresting, dull..and with him the whole Sam-storyline..I just utterly failed to connect.I even reconsidered buying the DVDs because I was so thoroughly bored by his storyline (in every season of TB) and did not want to keep fast forwarding when watching it. Alcide´s storyline is a bit off in season 6, but at least his character is intriguing. Sam is just the same dull old, same dull old and I don´t care about him at all..

34. Kieth & Julene Baxter says:

True Blood was best show that we have seen in a long time hope one day you will bring it back