Glee Star Cory Monteith Dead at 31

Get More: In Memoriam

Cory Monteith Dead at 31Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday afternoon. He was 31.

The cause of death was not immediately known, but foul play was not suspected. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

According to reports, staff at Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel discovered his body after he missed his check-out time.

PHOTOS | Cory Monteith’s 10 Most Memorable Glee Moments

“We are deeply saddened by this tragic news,” read a statement from Glee producers, Fox and 20th Century Fox Television. “Cory was an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.”

Last March, Monteith entered rehab for substance addiction, forcing Glee to write his character Finn out of Season 4′s final stretch. Upon his release one month later, the actor said to fans, “Sending out big love to everyone. Thank you for the continued support! It means the world to me!” He made his first public appearance last month when he attended the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball charity gala in Los Angeles with girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele.

Monteith, who had been candid about his struggles with addiction, previously received treatment when he was 19. He told Parade magazine in 2011 that he was “lucky to be alive.”

Monteith’s colleagues and friends took to Twitter early Sunday morning to express their shock and grief.

Comments (174)

• Such a shame to lose yet another talented young man who seemed to have so much going for him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Comment by Corinne – July 13, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad :(

Comment by Muri – July 13, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’m just so sad… I didn’t like Finn very much but I LOVED Cory. So young… I just don’t have the words. My heart goes out to his family, friends and co-workers. This is a devastating news.

Comment by Olivia – July 13, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad, so stunned. No matter the thoughts about Glee or storylines he was an essential and large aspect to the show’s success. I am saddened for the cast, his family and for his long-time girlfriend Lea Michele. It’s incredibly shocking and so terrible.

Comment by Stacie – July 13, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Rachel from Glee, but I like Lea, so I’m really feeling bad for her right now. She was by his side when he relapsed and supported him through rehab and now this happens. She’s not only lost her boyfriend, but her best friend.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell (@Jarry9493) – July 13, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so completely devastating. No one should die so young.

Comment by Amy – July 13, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sad news, I give Glee a lot of crap but one thing I’ve never said was bad about the show was the performance of Cory Monteith. He was an Anchor on that show that drew everyone in. R.I.P

Comment by RobMF – July 13, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy God, what a terrible night for the world. First the terrible verdict in Florida and now this? Tragic.

Comment by Jake – July 13, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about poor cory but justice was found in Florida. I believe in the justice system again.

Comment by Dennis – July 13, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Justice was definitely found.

Comment by Teag – July 14, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @ Teag- you’re kidding me right?! Get a grip.

Comment by Libby – July 14, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No justice was not served- he should’ve stayed his butt in the car

Comment by K – July 14, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you must be talking about a different verdict. Killing a young, unarmed man because he was black and wearing a hoodie should not lead to a acquittal. only in ‘murica (the black woman who shot *into a wall* to distract her abusive husband got 20 years in Florida. tell me about your justice system?)

Comment by guest – July 14, 2013 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He didn’t die because he was black and wearing a hoodie. He died because, instead of going home, he chose to attack someone he didn’t know and bash his head into the ground. Sadly for him, the guy he jumped had a gun.

Comment by dodgerpacker – July 14, 2013 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Trayvon Martin was a seventeen year old kid walking home to his father’s house with Skittles and iced tea, being stalked by a grown man he didn’t recognize, who refused to leave him alone. He died because George Zimmerman thought that because Trayvon was black and wearing a hoodie, he was somehow “suspicious” and pursued him, despite the 911 dispatcher telling him to leave Trayvon alone. Which one of them was more justified in defending himself?

Comment by Marion – July 14, 2013 01:55 AM PDT
          • If Trayvon was a white kid and things had gone down in the exact same manner, Zimmerman would be in prison right now. Period.

Comment by jdurbs – July 14, 2013 05:14 AM PDT
          • Right . Best comment on this trial and verdict.

Comment by Diane Vandrei – July 14, 2013 10:46 AM PDT
          • No he died because he was a black boy and we have to stop acting like this was not the case. GZ should’ve stayed in his car like he was Instructed.

Comment by K – July 14, 2013 12:40 PM PDT
      • You must be excited to go hunting for black people now that it’s legal.

Comment by I Hate Racists – July 14, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow some real dumb people. Did you watch the trial? Zimmerman followed a guy he had never seen before, walking between houses, in a neighborhood where there had been break ins, he was a member of the neighborhood watch. He NEVER said anything racist. the person that made a racist commit was trayvon “creepy @ss cracker”. Cracker is a racist word used in this context. the only person that was racist was trayvon. He wanted to kick some white guys @ss and got shot for it. He could have ran home and called the police but he wanted to be all thug like and died.

Comment by Dennis – July 14, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The court testimony stated that Trayvon was going between houses, looking in windows at night in pouring rain. I’d call that suspicious, too.

Comment by thom – July 14, 2013 08:03 AM PDT
          • “Effing punk. These a$$holes always get away.” –George Zimmerman. How can you say Zimmerman didn’t say anything racist? If Trayvon Martin was a white kid, Zimmerman never would have called 911 in the first place. He certainly never would have followed him with a gun. And he never would have decided he was an effing punk. And deep in your heart, YOU KNOW IT.

Comment by uh huh – July 14, 2013 09:34 AM PDT
          • Why do you people believe every word Zimmerman said as gospel? HE LIED! He was caught in lies! Any yet, because he said Martin was “looking in windows,” he was? BULL

Comment by uh huh – July 14, 2013 09:35 AM PDT
          • 1) effing punks? @ssholes is racist? that moronic. I’ve used those my self to describe EVERYBODY, any kind of person those are not racist comments in anyway form or fashion.
            2) I be he would have followed a white kind in the same situation
            3) trayvon used racist comments “creepy @$$ Cracker, that show’s it was a racially motivated attack, on Trayvons part.
            4) Trayvon could have called 911
            5) Trayvon could have ran home
            6) Trayvon instigated the event by a confronting Zimmerman and/or attacking him.

Comment by Dennis – July 14, 2013 12:09 PM PDT
      • How sad that you can justify taking the life of a child. What message are we sending out to our children, that if you are being followed by a stranger for no reason you should not fight to protect yourself. Zimmerman was a punk who got his A.. kicked and the only way he could fight back was to shoot an Innocent CHILD.WHAT IF THAT WAS YOUR CHILD AND A STRANGER APPROACHED THEM FOR NO REASON HE COULD HAVE BEEN A PEDOPHILE

Comment by Alice – July 14, 2013 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • While I don’t completely agree with the verdict, I don’t think we should be disingenuous about what happened either. Treyvon was walking in the dark wearing a hoodie. If you run into someone like that in the middle of the night, regardless of their race or even gender, you are going to clutch your purse, quicken your step and walk away as fast as possible because history and precedent shows that such characters are suspicious. He also called GZ by a racial term, again, not exactly friendly. He was also on top of Zimmerman beating him MMA style according to witnesses. Again, none of this is innocent behavior. And he was taller and leaner than GZ. The fact that he was 17 is irrelevant as kids younger than that kill each other every day in a city like Chicago. With their fists and their weapons. I pray for peace for the Martin family. This was a tragedy. But the truth is that black on black crime is through the roof in many urban enclaves and no one is talking about it in the media. This case was politicized because GZ was first perceived to be white. Period. Had he been black, we would have never heard about it. TPTB were so eager to convict Zimmerman that they rushed to trial when the prosecution wasn’t really ready and this is the result.

Comment by Ana – July 14, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “He was also on top of Zimmerman beating him MMA style according to witnesses.”

No he wasn’t. No one other than Martin and Zimmerman actually saw the alleged fight. The only people who claimed Martin was on top of Zimmerman were Zimmerman’s defense team. Zimmerman has said that his gun was holstered on his back. How could he get it out to shoot Trayvon (IN THE CHEST) if Trayvon was on top of him, beating him up?

Trayvon was an innocent seventeen year old kid. He would still be alive if George Zimmerman hadn’t harassed and stalked him, and if Zimmerman had followed the 911 dispatcher’s instructions to leave him alone.

Comment by Marion – July 14, 2013 07:23 AM PDT
          • @ana-there is just so many things wrong with your statement. Clueless would be a good start.

Comment by Libby – July 14, 2013 07:23 AM PDT
          • ” Treyvon was walking in the dark wearing a hoodie” And this justifies his murder? YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND.

Comment by uh huh – July 14, 2013 09:37 AM PDT
          • @Marion
            Did you watch the trial? A witness for the prosecution testified exactly how Trayvon was straddling Zimmerman and beating him “MMA style.” Is words, not mine. And unless you personally knew Treyvon you cannot opined as to his innocence.
            @Libby
            Unless you can formulate a rational rebuttal you are saying nothing. You disagree with me but won’t explain why.
            @Uh huh
            No. Wearing a hoodie does not justify murder. Acting suspicious, dressing in a manner associated with modern urban truancy, walking in the dark and calling someone a creepy a@@ cracker, however, is provocative behavior. It’s called ‘context’. I think Zimmerman should have gotten time, but I also think that Treyvon did not help his own case and was not completely innocent. It’s called being realistic.

Comment by Ana – July 14, 2013 01:07 PM PDT
        • I would have taught my kid to run home or to a police officer and he would be alive. he was not an innocent kid, he attacked someone and died for it. He was 17 a young adult that was high and had a history with pot. Zimmerman was watching over his neighborhood. Trayvon could have lived if he had only been taught better. Who are you why are you following me, asking two things could have kept him alive. He had a cell phone, it’s called 911. He wanted a fight and died for it.

Comment by Dennis – July 14, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • dude, just stop talking. you are an embarrassment.

Comment by Betsy – July 14, 2013 09:55 AM PDT
          • I’m not going to get too in depth into this but I’ll make one point. Zimmerman is not a cop. Yes, he was Neighborhood watch, but that does not mean he should be acting like a cop. You see something you think is suspicious, you call 911 and left them handle it. Regardless of who attacked who after that (and I wasn’t there so I don’t really know for sure), this entire incident wouldn’t have taken place if he had left things to the police like he should have. Why are we talking about this on here anyway?

Comment by Fran – July 14, 2013 10:24 AM PDT
          • Yay – I guess we’re now in the business of blaming the victims for their death despite the fact that they can’t defend themselves, right? That’s just awesome! Your’e a great guy!

Comment by charlotte – July 14, 2013 01:37 PM PDT
          • And Zimmerman has a history of assault….

Comment by lorna – July 14, 2013 02:43 PM PDT
          • @Fran: YES. Thank. You. End of story.

Comment by Angela – July 14, 2013 05:48 PM PDT
      • Florida law states that a defendant cannot claim self-defense if he “initially provokes the use of force against himself”.
        This clause of the law was deliberately withheld from the jury in the instructions from the judge.

The jurors were instructed to consider the situation only after the scuffle started and were not able to include the fact that Zimmerman tracked down Martin. (Which seems to me to be the primary aspect of the whole situation.)
        If they had, Zimmerman might have been considered the aggressor and therefore his whole self defense argument would have been moot and he would have gone to jail.

The defense lawyer argued to keep this clause of the law out of the instructions. The prosecution argued the other way and the defense won, thereby insuring a Zimmerman victory.

There’s your “justice”.

Comment by Andrew – July 15, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right, Jake, a lot of injustice tonight.

Comment by VickiH – July 13, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed Jake! awful verdict in the Trayvon Martin case. now Cory Monteith dead way too young.

Comment by Elyse – July 14, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the love of God, people. Go hit CNN or FoxNews if you want to bitch about the verdict. This is about Cory Monteith. Please have some respect.

Comment by lariet50 – July 14, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with this soo much. How the f*** did the commen thread about the death of an actor most known for a tv show spark something that happened on the other side of the continent. Get a grip and let the fans speak their mind. No one wants to read bout omething irrelevant to this story!

Comment by sureeee – July 14, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This article is about Cory and you are disrespecting his family and dishonoring his memory with talk about Zimmerman. Take your comments to a more relevant place!

Comment by Lisa – July 14, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need a shoulder to cry on right now…

Comment by newinkpop – July 13, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am still in shock
    RIP Cory

Comment by MM – July 13, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im literally in shock. like mouth wide open just hanging there shock. so sad.

Comment by allison – July 13, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So am I! I read the news and my email first thing in the morning and when I saw this i literally gasped out loud. I am shocked at this news. He was a great talent. I can’t imagine Glee without him. I can’t even imagine how Lea Michelle is feeling.

Comment by Jenn – July 14, 2013 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How sad. Love you Finny-Bear! RIP

Comment by karenb – July 13, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that Finn is a fictional character? He did not die, because he never really existed.. The young man who portrayed him died much too young, and it does him a disservice to reduce him to a character he played.

Comment by uh huh – July 14, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they’re just showing how great of a job Cory did at portraying Finn in their eyes. Like a term of endearment. I really don’t think its meant to be a disservice.

Comment by Fran – July 14, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do you really need to have a go at someone who is expressing their sadness? So not necessary.

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rest in peace. Shocked. Saddened. What a talented guy.

Comment by eddie g – July 13, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am in such shock–seems to be a night for that. I can’t believe that he’s dead. It is so weird to say, but I had such a crush on him when Glee started (and thinking he was 16 made me feel really icky). I am just so sad. He was a really talented guy and it was all wasted because of drugs. smh.

I feel so bad for his family and friends.

Comment by ScifiGirl1986 – July 13, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP CORY

Comment by Opal – July 13, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Cory Monteith.

Comment by A – July 13, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe it…

Comment by Jay (@jtauro92) – July 13, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Literally in shock right now. I love Cory and his work in Glee. So sad right now.

Comment by Mikaela – July 13, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched Glee or anything he was in,but this is just sad, he was so young. My heart is with his family.

Comment by Mike R. – July 13, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was just tweeting and seemed fine. Life is not a joke guys… :(

Comment by yeah ok – July 13, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so sad. I feel horrible for all of his friends and family.

Comment by Christy – July 13, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy sh*t. I am truly stunned by this news.
    Very sad to hear this.

Comment by Angela – July 13, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad. My teenage daughters are stunned!

Comment by GeoDiva – July 13, 2013 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heartbreaking and tragic. Poor kid.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 13, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, so sad. I found out literally minutes after watching some old school Glee clips with my boyfriend and I had just explained to him about Cory’s troubles. What a ah

Comment by Jessie – July 13, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Just wow. So sad. Rip Cory.

Comment by Polly – July 13, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched Glee in over a year, but I’m still so saddened by this news. His friends and family get my deepest sympathies, and so do the fans. I can’t imagine what it would feel like to lose my favorite actor/character/idol and I’m sure their grief is very real as well.

Comment by Katie – July 13, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in shock… I loved him so much, was so proud he was a fellow Canadian… I don’t think I’ll ever be able to watch Glee now… I could never imagine the serie without Finn, like RobMF said he was an anchor character. And poor Lea? I can’t stop the tears…

Comment by Romy – July 13, 2013 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Cory, My prayers go out to his family and Lea… I can’t imagine what they must be feeling right now. You will be missed, we love you Cory!

Comment by luli – July 13, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very Sad…Drugs Equal Death.

Comment by Kim – July 13, 2013 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t know that. It could have been an aneurism, heart failure, stroke etc. Don’t jump to conclusions.

Comment by thom – July 14, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even if he was clean (and I truly wish they would let the autopsy conclude before they start assuming) his heart was probably weakened by all his yrs of abuse. Just so sad.

Comment by Jen – July 14, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Question is : How would Glee continue????

How would lea go back to the set where she met her boyfriend and pretend to be happy in getting that broadway role??

How would original memebers ( Jenna, Kevin, Chris) be able to go on to that set??( presumably the glee should start shooting very soon)

I am so shocked and my heart goes to Lea who’s pretty and quirky and seems so happy with Cory….

Will Glee go on?

Comment by PARA – July 13, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that is something to worry about later seeing as his death is still fresh. To ease your mind I think that there are shows that do continue for a few more years after the death of a lead. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is 8 Simple Rules after John Ritter’s death.

Comment by A – July 14, 2013 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • but that wasn’t a show about young people and general optimism right??

I think Glee S5 will be at least shortened to 13 eps

maybe even canceled…

I get maybe it’s bad if I talk about glee’s future now but I just can’t talk about Cory’s death itself just yet….

Comment by PARA – July 14, 2013 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • WHAT? Glee shouldn’t be cancelled. Why should a couple of hundred people or more including the crew lose their jobs because of 1 person’s horrible choice?

Comment by dee123 – July 14, 2013 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’ve got to be kidding me with this. What a terrible thing to say. As if he choose to die. Heck, even if he did, this is still no way to speak on the topic. Have some respect.

Comment by Mitholas – July 14, 2013 07:36 AM PDT
    • That should be the last thing on our minds. We should just let his family and his co stars grieve before we start worrying about our entertainment needs. That being said, I hope Glee continues to show it’s young audience to get back up from our hardships and try to better ourselves by helping others.

Comment by Alytid – July 14, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, it will go on. Glee is more than one actor. they’ll take a break and then go back to work. Because that’s what you do. you grieve and then you move on. As tragic as his death is, everyone else is still alive and the world is still turning.

Comment by guest – July 14, 2013 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While you make valid points, you’re making the mistake of thinking like a human being. Sadly, this is Hollywood, there’s no such thing as restraint, its all about exploitation and there’s a buck to be made by the glee producers and the network here.

Comment by Apple – July 14, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t imagine Lea will return to the show. If it were me, it would be unthinkable.

Comment by Jen – July 14, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s a professional. She’ll be back on the show for however long she is under contract. As they say in show biz, the show must go on…

Comment by Ann – July 14, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I disagree. She may be a professional but she is a human being and if she wanted to be let out of her contract, The Powers that Be better let her lest they suffer the worse PR nightmare ever seen.

Comment by Jen – July 15, 2013 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee is all about life…and life does go on. So heartbreaking when a young person dies. Forget about the reasons that may have caused his death. I enjoyed the life I saw in him through the show, and he will be missed.

Comment by Meri – July 14, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, No Drugs! kid.

Comment by PARA – July 13, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and also, Oprah should do an interview with Lea Michelle.

Comment by PARA – July 13, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about we just focus on the sad news that is his death, express our condolences and let the family, friends and collegues grieve in peace. Not everything is about interviews and public knowledge. We are talking about a human being here. If I was part of his family/friends/collegues I wouldn’t want to be interviewed (especially not as his girlfriend!) and talk about it on camera! He’s not even dead a couple hours and you’re already talking about interviews with Oprah – WTH??? Give them space!

Comment by CastleFanForLife – July 14, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well Said!

Comment by Debbie Schmidt – July 14, 2013 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely get what you are saying, I said that because I know that’s what is going to happen in Hollywood…… and I feel bad about it.. Maybe I didn’t make my sarcastic tone more apparent, I apologize for that

Comment by PARA – July 14, 2013 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Inappropriate time to attempt a sarcastic post.

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2013 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Perfectly said!!!!!

Comment by Jules – July 14, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praying for his family and for Lea Michele. So sad to see a young life lost to drugs. :/

Comment by Babybop – July 13, 2013 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cory was such a talented, positive, thoughtful man who owned his past and did not let it define him. He was an inspiration and will be missed. My thoughts go out to his friends, family and colleagues. I feel as if a member of my family or a dear friend has passed.

Comment by Steph – July 14, 2013 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another young person lost to drugs; so very, very sad. Breaks my heart every time I hear of a drug related death – senseless and preventable; bad choices. R.I.P. Cory and huge condolences to family and friends. Life goes on, Glee will go on, but hearts will be very sad for sure.

Comment by Debbie Schmidt – July 14, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched more than a few episodes of Glee and have no strong feelings on Cory, other than it’s nice to see a seemingly nice guy be successful, but as a fellow Canadian of the same age, I’m so very saddened by this. Deepest sympathies to Cory’s family, friends, fans and anyone who is feeling this loss. Rest In Peace.

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe it. Devastating news. Glee’s Finchel truly forever.

Comment by Kalee – July 14, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was shocked when I first heard this. I even had tears rolling down my cheeks. He was a great guy, actor. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and Lea Michele. Glee won’t be the same without him!!! Just heart broken over this. He is singing in Heaven.

Comment by Allyson – July 14, 2013 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • R.I.P. Cory. We love you

Comment by Jaime04 – July 14, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am just in absolute disbelief. What a horrible loss. Way too soon and just so….jarring. I don’t know…I’m just in shock. Crazy

Comment by megs – July 14, 2013 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly have not cared about Glee since midway into season 2, but this sucks. The guy was obviously very talented, and I would have bet good money he would be onto better projects after Glee. RIP.

Comment by Zach – July 14, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how would Ryan Murphy write to conclude Finchell story line??? I would not think there is anyone who can replace Cory and his talent

Comment by Finchel – July 14, 2013 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How? That’s exactly what I thought. Finchel was supposed to be endgame… :’(

Comment by elizabeth – July 14, 2013 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well as with real life sometimes endgame doesn’t work out. I imagine that maybe Lea thought Cory was her “endgame” too. Now is not the time to be worrying about a fictional TV show character’s life when so many real lives are affected by this news.

Comment by Kate – July 14, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, it is extremely said about Cory, but obviously this was going to be a question asked and I wondered myself. I’m sure filming would start soon and I can’t imagine them shooting a scene of Rachel finding out Finn died. This would without a doubt hugely affect the characters in Glee and the actors all at the same time. Finn interacted with every character and Cory became family to the cast. It’ll be hard for the cast to have to relive this in filming and I think it can’t be passed off in one episode. So who knows about Glee..

Comment by Chris – July 14, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Salling’s tweet ripped my heart… A simple ‘no’… I said the same thing when I heard about it

Comment by Lily – July 14, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was the first tweet I saw after I read the news. I was in shock and was hoping the “no” meant it wasn’t true. Still in shock…

Comment by April – July 14, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • let me guess, they official statement will be “previously undetected illness” (drugs? heart failure due to drugs? suicide?)
    Still very sad, any young death is one too many.

Comment by guest – July 14, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Cory.

Comment by A – July 14, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • absolutely heart breaking :( cant believe it R.I.P Cory, u will be missed :(

Comment by dcsehar – July 14, 2013 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I am in disbelief. What the heck happened? He was looking good after he was out of rehab. I wonder if Cory was still with Lea Michelle? Poor Lea if they were still together. I still shocked. I feel like I want to cry

Comment by Reagan – July 14, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My heart and thoughts go out to all who mourn Cory Monteith. A man to die at age 31 when only completing one third of a life is tragic. I am sorry he could not stick around longer,I pray for the repose if his soul. Rest in Peace Cory

Comment by Vicki – July 14, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You will be miss Cory. Thanks so much for the great memories, Rest in Peace. My prayers are with his family, found his brother Shaun herehttp://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/shaun-monteith-is-glee-star-corey-monteiths-brother/

Comment by HOrace – July 14, 2013 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please people if you ever feel that depressed… Pick up a phone call for help or a friend or any help line just to talk…. Tell a stranger your fears your worries… Death lasts a very long time and there are people out there who love you…

Comment by AJ – July 14, 2013 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just after the news broke I went to twitter and saw a girl talking about taking her own life to be with him in Heaven. I know there are some really young and/or fragile people out there but please, PLEASE: if you consider doing something stupid because Cory died and you can’t handle the pain, talk to someone. Ask for help. Call a help line. Whatever is good for you but don’t stay alone, and tell somebody how you feel.

Cory himself wouldn’t want that, he was full of life, a big goofball, he brought so much joy to his fans… so please, I BEG YOU, seek help and don’t do anything irrevocable. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Honor Cory by staying here, with us. Maybe he meant the world to some of you, but YOU mean to world to someone else.

Comment by Olivia – July 14, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Cory committed suicide. I think it might have been an accidental drug overdose. It’s sad because he had been trying to fight his addiction.

Comment by Ann – July 14, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post