TVLine Items: Michael J. Fox Show Adds Anne Heche, SVU Promotes Raul Esparza and More

The Michael J Fox Show Cast Anne HecheSo… we gather Save Me is cancelled?

Anne Heche, whose spiritually-tinged NBC comedy just wrapped its unceremonious summer run, is moving on to The Michael J. Fox Show.

According to EW.com, Heche joins NBC’s freshman sitcom as an anchor at the New York-based station where Fox’s character is a correspondent.

RELATED | Fall Preview: TVLine’s Grid Showing What’s On When and Versus What!

The Michael J. Fox Show launches Thursday, Sept. 26 at 9/8c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Law & Order: SVU has promoted Raul Esparza to series regular in Season 15 (bowing Sept. 25), Deadline reports. The actor’s ADA Barba quickly became a fan favorite upon joining the procedural last year.

FX’s The Bridge on Wednesday night premiered to 3 million total viewers and amassed 4.1 mil with a replay factored in, putting it on par with The Americans‘ series debut, though the border drama skewed a bit old.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: TVLine’s Snapshot Guide to All the New Shows

• The CW has unveiled a first look at its Hunger Games-esque new competition series Capture, premiering July 31. Press PLAY below for a sneak peek at the (faux) carnage.

Disney XD’s Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. will make its double-episode premiere on Sunday, Aug. 11 at 11 am ET — while Part 1 will be available Aug. 1 via the WATCH Disney XD app.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (53)

• More Barba! Love him.

Comment by Diane – July 12, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raul Esparza being promoted is probably the best casting choice of an ADA since Casey Novak.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell (@Jarry9493) – July 12, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by mycatmidnite – July 12, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry but alex cabot is still the best! :-)

Comment by iceturkee – July 12, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not saying Cabot wasn’t the best, but after Casey left, the casting choices for ADAs just never suited well with the cast. E.g. Kim, Gillian, Sonya, Jo, etc, etc. Need I go on?

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell (@Jarry9493) – July 12, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mhm. This was my fantasy wish for season fifteen. Glad I got it. SVU has had a slump with ADA’s since Novak/Cabot left. Haven’t been a fan of the legal side unless they were in the episode, but now with Barba, it means more legal again which hopefully will breathe a very much needed new life to the show and its stories. As long as we stray from the Chris Rock/Rihanna bits (still pretending that episode NEVER happened)…

Comment by Esaul – July 12, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • psst, hey bro. it was chris brown dropping sick beats on riri, not chris rock.

Comment by JB Smooove – July 13, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever happened to Linus Roache on SVU? I thought his character was the DA and we never saw him again after a couple of episodes

Comment by Ethel – July 12, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing, maybe now that they seem to be bringing the Court aspect of the show back, Cutter can pop in as the Bureau Chief again

Comment by Kenny – July 12, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he was strictly Law & Order, not SVU unless it was an occasional appearance.

Comment by jenferner8 – July 12, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do wish Linus Roache stayed on SVU, but he was only there for guest appearances, never promoted beyond that point. Raul is fantastic, and I put him and Linus in the same spotlight of epic greatness.

Comment by Esaul – July 12, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I’m remembering correctly, when Mike Cutter was on SVU, they introduced him as head of the ADAs for SVU. Kind of like Jack McCoy but just for each borough of SVU. I miss him too. However, I think Raul as Barba is the best casting decision the show has made in years. I think he’s fantastic.

Comment by Deena – July 12, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welp, that makes The Michael J. Fox worse.

Comment by RJ – July 12, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was excited to see Michael J.Fox back on TV, but I can’t stand Anne Heche so now I will need to reconsider. That’s so disappointing!!! One bad apple….
      I enjoyed The Bridge, and good news about Barba on SVU

Comment by jdbasset – July 12, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is exactly how I felt reading this news. I adore Fox and swore I would watch him in anything, but I hate Heche and swore I would never watch her in anything. This is a real conundrum.

Comment by Mandy – July 12, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I don’t really think comedy is a strength for her. I never liked her on Hung and kind of thought she brought the show down a little. This is disappointing news to hear.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 13, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shame. I enjoyed “Save Me” far more than I ever would have expected to.

Comment by Seanti – July 12, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Capture looks RIDICULOUS.

Comment by TrashBash – July 12, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anne Heche is insane. Is this move inspired?

Comment by Zach – July 12, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is it that Anne Heche works so much given everything she’s done have pretty much failed? Doesn’t her being a part of this series a guarantee that it’s going to suck?

Comment by LDS – July 12, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment by buttermop (@buttermop) – July 12, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s a show-killer, all right! I don’t understand why she keeps getting hired…she is such a bad actress.

Comment by Gwen – July 12, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • U are so right!

Comment by Robin – July 12, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched the pilot this weekend and, other than the role of the sister, which didn’t seem to mesh, I thought it was a pretty good show. Now, I read this. I’m a little crestfallen. Hopefully, her part in the show will be minimal.

Comment by TV Gord – July 12, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course, old people aren’t worth programming for so I guess The Bridge will be gone, right? Good grief! Eyes are eyes!

Comment by Bobbi – July 12, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anne Heche may have personal problems, but I have always liked her acting. I was really enjoying Save Me, but kind of expected cancellation. It was never promoted, or really even mentioned. You can’t get viewers that way.

Comment by Donna Williams Tarver – July 12, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I’ve always liked her acting, too. I never heard of Save Me, but if I’d known she was on it, I would have at least given it a try.

Comment by Bella – July 12, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God, somebody finally got a clue about Raul! I don’t know who is ultimately responsible for him being bumped up to series regular but THANK YOU!! I have been hoping for this since his first appearance on the show. I know it’s probably not NBC call but please, NBC, don’t screw this up!

Comment by jenferner8 – July 12, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this will be like Nick Cannon on Up All Night. Sure he was horrible, but he was gone after a few episodes. And honestly, despite her horrid personal life, Anne Heche is a pretty good actor.

Comment by Zach – July 12, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always been a fan of Raul Esparza so his permanent addition is fantastic news. However, I miss seeing Linus Roache. He was promoted, we saw him about two//three times and that was it. I want to see Cutter back on the series.

If I may ask Ms. Megan Masters, do you have any info as to what Linus Roache is currently working on? I know that he filmed an HBO pilot which was not picked up. Any LR news?

Comment by Tania – July 12, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s joining the cast of Vikings for its second series.

Comment by EJ – July 12, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mhm. That’s correct about him joining Vikings. However that doesn’t necessarily rule out any future appearances of Linus Roache. It’d be nice to see some sort of reigns when it comes to the ADA’s from their bosses. I always enjoyed the exchanges Roache had with Waterston on the original. I’d love to see Esparza and Roache interact. Oh if only…

Comment by Esaul – July 12, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was extremely excited for The Michael J. Fox Show, but I strongly dislike Anne Heche. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still tune in. But there are so many better actresses who could have been cast in her place.

Comment by Eric – July 12, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, with Anne Heche on, I’m definitely not watching. Why would they do that? She is really terrible.

Comment by Jamie04 – July 12, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Love Barba as D.A.! Best choice since Novak and Cabot!

Comment by Connie – July 12, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe it’s the minority opinion that Raul is the best thing to happen to SVU. The majority of the children in the fandom love him because they’d jump off a bridge if Warren Leight asked them too. Most longtime SVU fans know why Raul’s there, and it’s a big laughing matter.

Comment by matt – July 12, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why?

Comment by Chablis – July 12, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personal stuff aside, I think she will be a great addition to the show.

Comment by Jenna – July 12, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There once was a little kid named /Lexi/ who thought she knew it all about SVU. You don’t know why Barba /is/ there /do you/ ? Is this / cool / enough for you, b?

Comment by Jayson – July 12, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know everything about SVU. I do know about politeness. Insinuating that an actor is talentless and only on the show because of a relationship with the showrunner wasn’t polite at all, last I checked. Then again, social decorum is changing rapidly in this online age.

You don’t have to like Raul, Barba, or Warren. You can hate their guts and fap to violent torture fantasies if you want. But when you bring it into a public space, I will be calling you on it in any way I see fit. When you make borderline homophobic remarks? You can bet I’ll be mad at you.

Please take the sandpaper out of your ass. It doesn’t belong there, honey.

Comment by Bucken Berry – July 12, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Raul and warren were photographed / doing / something / uno timo. Git it, /lexiloo/

Comment by mikey – July 12, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Change your name as many times as you want, it’s not going to convince me that you aren’t the same person.

Sure they were. Until you give me those pics, it didn’t happen.

If you just want Raul or Warren to yourself, you should say so. You’re hardly the first fanboy to fantasize about Raul. Getting so possessive over him is only going to make you look nutty, comrade.

Comment by Lexi (@bucken__berry) – July 12, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anne Heche is a horrible actress. This ruins the show for me.

Comment by chloe – July 12, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He he in, I’m out.

Comment by Grif – July 12, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I meant Heche in, I’m out.

Comment by Grif – July 12, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very bad news about MJF Show – I wonder if someone at NBC (one of the ‘suits’) has a production deal with Heche, or some connection that ‘requires’ that Heche ‘find work.’ If so, there is work for her – she can grab a broom and fly off somewhere.

I hear so many people (particularly on sister-site Deadline) bad mouth ‘show killers’ – whom I won’t mention here because they are not show killers,, just good actresses that people like to see on TV who land on inconcieved shows. It happens. You want to meet a real show killer? …someone with a TV-Q rating of zero – meet Anne Heche.

Sorry to say this, but I cannot now, and will not, watch the MJF show until Heche is sent packing. NBC – FIX THIS NOW !

Comment by NBC - FIX THIS NOW !!! – July 12, 2013 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Typo – meant to type “ill conceived”, not ‘inconcieved’

Comment by typing failure - fingers always to blame – July 12, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree with every word you just said! I too was looking forward to this show but now will not be watching it. BUMMER what is wrong with NBC they always ALWAYS drop the ball or just miss it

Comment by bostongreekgirl (@BostonGreekgirl) – July 13, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raul and Warren sitting in a tree. I guess we know they did the deed. Worst decision Dickie boy could make but this will be his final season of this show so he obvs doesn’t care.

Comment by Jimmie – July 13, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that’s a shame I was really looking forward to this show but now they’ve gone and ruined it. Have the powers that be not learned anything yet. Anne Heche = canceled show. Sorry MJF you’re show would have been a success but now with Anne Heche attached to it, it is bound to fail. Bummer.

Comment by bostongreekgirl (@BostonGreekgirl) – July 13, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can_some1_please_tell_me_if_henry_conick_jr_will_ever_return_to_svu