Fall TV Preview

Revenge Casts CW Stud as Victoria's Son

Revenge Season 3 Justin HartleyVictoria’s long-lost son on Revenge finally has a face, and it’s a pretty one at that.

CW staple Justin Hartley (Smallville, Emily Owens M.D.) has landed the pivotal role of Patrick and will debut in the show’s Season 3 premiere, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Fired Revenge Star Urges Writers to let [Spoiler] ‘Die in a Blaze of Glory’

The news was first reported by E! Online.

Victoria finally came face-to-face with her estranged spawn in the closing minutes of May’s finale, although viewers only heard his voice (via a cheesy temp off screen voice).

RELATED | Revenge Season 3: Victoria’s Estranged Son – 7 Admittedly Genius Casting Suggestions

When the new season kicks off, five months will have passed since their reunion and mother and son have reconnected (and presumably are on very good terms).

Thoughts on the casting choice? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Thumbs sideways?

Comments (81)

• Thumbs Up! Really dig him! Let’s see how he will fit the story!

Comment by Maki – July 12, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay!

Comment by katrina – July 12, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thumbs up? Really? This is terrible casting, he looks younger than the guy who plays Daniel!!!!!!!

Comment by Eli – July 12, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Justin is 36. It’ll be fine.

Comment by Carla Krae – July 13, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice!

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 12, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I suggested Justin’s casting (along with other CW hunks) when Michael wrote about casting suggestions. I thought Michael’s picks were not good looking enough.

Comment by tvfan – July 12, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE IT!!!! Even more excited for the new season now!!

Comment by April – July 12, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! But can you imagine Tom Welling being Patrick and a villian at that?!

Comment by Roger – July 12, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Tom Welling would have been better cast than this guy.

Comment by shuayb – July 16, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok so although I adore Justin Hartley, isn’t Victoria’s son supposed to be 40?? I mean I didn’t mistake seeing the date 1973 did I????

Comment by Tracey – July 12, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hartley is 36 so it could work.

Comment by malikb – July 12, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Justin is 36, I don’t see the problem..

Comment by aranitaa – July 12, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The problem is he’s four years younger and looks about three years younger than that. He’ll be good in the role but it’s a bit of a stretch to believe he’s playing a 40 year-old when he barely looks 30.

Comment by dude – July 12, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The actor who plays Nolan is 40 and he doesnt look it. It can work.

Comment by English – July 12, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That didn’t sound right to me, so I looked it up. Gabriel Mann is 31 – he was born in 1972, not 1962.

Comment by Sienna – July 12, 2013 03:35 PM PDT
          • @Sienna 2013 – 1972 = 41. Gabriel Mann is 41 not 31, but he can surely pass as one because he looks younger than he actually is.

Comment by iMember – July 12, 2013 03:44 PM PDT
          • Sienna, Gabriel Mann is 41 and he was born in 1972. You have to check your math. But he definitely looks younger than he actually is.

Comment by iMember – July 12, 2013 03:45 PM PDT
    • I don’t know what age Patrick is supposed to be, but Justin Hartley is 36 IRL even though he plays younger on TV, so he’s not really that far off the mark.

Comment by Amy – July 12, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay he’s back on my TV. Loved him on Smallville but couldn’t sit through Emily Owns M.D just for him. Yay so happy!

Comment by Lizzie – July 12, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This… The only reason I tried Emily Owens was him,because he was awesome on Smallville and also really, really good looking, but the show was horrid and I had to quit watching or scratch my eyes out and bleach my brain. I opted for the saner of the two. But I like Revenge, so I’m happy I get to watch him again.

Comment by EWJ – July 16, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, my bad. HE’s like 36 so that’s close enough.

Comment by Tracey – July 12, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait to see him back on television. though he doesn’t really look like Victoria or Daniel.

Comment by lbchatterbox – July 12, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha well you got 30 year olds playing high schoolers over on the cw!!

Comment by James – July 12, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ok with the choice , but I’ve only seen him in good guy roles ……,

Comment by Joe – July 12, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who says Patrick is a bad guy? ah ah

Comment by malikb – July 12, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol no one on this show is nice , & and look who his mother is :)

Comment by Joe – July 12, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooooo very excited about this!! Can’t wait for Season 3 to start.

Comment by iMember – July 12, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is hot. Loved him in Emily Owens.

Comment by april-ann – July 12, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. This casting is genius. Anyone remember him as Fox Crane on Passions?

Comment by james – July 12, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me!!!! Scheming at it’s best I thought when he came in really gave Passions new life at the time hopefully he will for Revenge as well.

Comment by Mika02 – July 12, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant! Love it!!

Comment by Margaret – July 12, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I will have to start watching again!

Comment by Patty (@phouse1964) – July 12, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oohhhhh – Sweeet!!! This is great news

Comment by laura – July 12, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yum. Good choice. Guess I’ll be watching.

Comment by Carrie – July 12, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited. I’ve missed him since the cancellation of Emily md.

Comment by Linda – July 12, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes all I see is Fox from Passions on Revenge which is going to be awesome too bad no Theresa to bring with him for some lovely scheming but hopefully he will fully help out Emanda with her Revenenda. So here for this!

Comment by Mika02 – July 12, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt he work with his ex-wife. Yes he was married to the actress that played Teressa on passions

Comment by doobydoobydoi – July 13, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm, not my favorite I don’t get what people see in this guy. He looks so young. But I love the show

Comment by Patchi – July 12, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess he must look like his father, cause he doesn’t look a bit like Victoria.

Comment by Jeannette – July 12, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent casting. Now to have him and Nolan hit it off… Complicated and super hot!

Comment by Mandy – July 12, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …and they JUST pulled me back into this show!

Comment by TL – July 12, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was about to leave revenge too, but I have to stay now that Justin is on there!!

Comment by lll – July 12, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really happy for him…he is obviously talented…both at comedy and drama…not every recurring person gets asked back a year removed to be a cast member like he was on Smallville. But I kinda see this as a holding job for him till ABC makes him a regular on a different show. Like to see him as maybe a head villain on Shield…he does do super well ;p

Comment by Th – July 12, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I imagined someone with dark hair but for this level of pretty I can get over it.

Comment by Kelly – July 12, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed. Imagined someone with more charisma, less ‘pretty face’.

Comment by Lenka – July 12, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like Justin H. He is not a good actor always has the same expression on her face! I would like to give some advice to Justin: stop coloring your hair!!

Comment by sarah – July 12, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really, they could not have gotten a better actor? :( Nothing against Hartley, but I don’t like him.

Comment by Don – July 12, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesssssss!!!!!!!! It looks like I’ll have to start watching this show again.

Comment by Drewer – July 12, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is totally not who I was expecting, but I’ll give him a chance.

Comment by Andrew – July 12, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting

Comment by ggny – July 12, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never had a reason to watch Revenge until now!

Comment by Jared – July 12, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ollie!!!! Nice to have him on my TV screen again.

Comment by Lupe – July 12, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE Justin Hartley. Very underrated IMO–the very pretty face sometimes throws folks off but he’s actually pretty damn talented. Never joined or been on a show that wasn’t enhanced greatly by his presence.

Comment by ChrisGa – July 12, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love Justin Hartley. :)

Comment by Lena – July 12, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent.

Comment by Deion – July 12, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news! he deserves to be in this great show. cant wait to see how he’ll shake up the show.

Comment by johnny – July 12, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This *almost* makes up for Emily Owens MD being cancelled. ALMOST.

Comment by ER – July 12, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Smallville and Justin fan this gives me reason to catch up on Revenge and watch season 3.

Comment by Michael Beechan – July 12, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been a Justin Hartley fan since Passions. Looks like I’ll be giving Revenge another go, I gave up midway through season 2. Hopefully his character will be Fox Crane, but a little darker, both in hair coloring and characterization.

Comment by Nunaya_Bidness – July 12, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice, I like him but I will have trouble to not ask him to get a green hood, a bow and hit Victoria.

Comment by Azerty – July 12, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • humm, i like that. He seems a nice choice. I expect very good things about this plot next season! Very excited!!

Comment by Thiciane Diniz – July 12, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved him so much on Smallville! I think it’s a great casting choice.

Comment by Sienna – July 12, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well he did come across as a jerk when I met him once but maybe he was having a lousy day. Love the rest of that cast!

Comment by Mark – July 12, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was in the last year or so he and his wife have been going through a divorce not to excuse his behavior.

Comment by Mika02 – July 12, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love love love this casting!!!

Comment by Elyse – July 12, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And for those that were whining about JH not being given the lead in Arrow…

Comment by Temperence – July 12, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heck freaking yes

Comment by A – July 12, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been a fan of his since Smallville. Tried sitting thru EO but could not make it even with JH in the show. So glad to have in Revenge. He had some dark Arrow scenes on Smallville so he should fit right in on Revenge.

So excited for S3 to start now!!!!

Comment by Moonlight4evr – July 12, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin is cute but unfortunately does not have charisma and charm in fact Justin is only guest in the shows. Charisma is an essential element for an actor.

Comment by nicole – July 13, 2013 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Justin Hartley in Smallville so very happy to see him in a successful show like Revenge. I think he looks like a nice (and hot) guy but can have play a darker character too

Comment by Red Jane – July 13, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post