NBC Cancels Betty White's Off Their Rockers

Betthy White's Off Their Rockers CancelledBetty White’s Off Their Rockers is going off the air.

NBC has opted not to renew the elderly prankster reality series for a third season, our sister site Deadline reports.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Rockers debuted to some 12 million viewers in April 2012 as part of the network’s 90th birthday celebration for the Hot in Cleveland star. The series averaged 5.3 million viewers in its second season, which wrapped this Tuesday.

The cancellation comes on the heels of NBC giving a series order to Wall of Fame, an eight-episode game show where families must correctly answer pop culture trivia questions and guess which celeb Wall of Famers responded correctly as well.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news.

Comments (21)

• Nooo I love that show and im 22years old!!! I love betty white!!!

Comment by Susan – July 11, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m 29 and I’m sick of people telling their age just to prove that what they like is timeless! And yes, I came on here specifically to complain about that! Go me! (Or not.)

Comment by Does it never end?! – July 11, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised fortunately. The show had a great first season halfway after a while it just got boring and repetitive.

Comment by Josh – July 11, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But this is a cheap show that was a utility player for the network. It seemed to get good (by NBC standards) in-season numbers when they needed to plug a hole in their schedule. Why would they try to come up with a less well-known hole-plugging show?

Comment by Eli – July 12, 2013 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder who actually had to look at that cute face and tell that sweet woman that her show was cancelled! I know I couldn’t do it.

Comment by april-ann – July 11, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You really haven’t seen a lot of Betty White have you?

Betty White has been doing TV since TV was invented. She has been fired or canceled or let go more times than I would ever be able to put up with it. Her attitude most likely is “I’m 91, I’ll live”, then continue with her work on Hot in Cleveland.

Comment by Midori – July 11, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know. Whether or not she’s heard it before or could handle it wasn’t what I was saying.

Comment by april-ann – July 12, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • betty white has prob gotten cancelled more than her fair share, shes been in the business forever lol

Comment by aj – July 12, 2013 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know. I realize that. It’s not what I was saying though.

Comment by april-ann – July 12, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @ April-Ann I understood exactly what you were saying about Betty White. You do not have to defend yourself and your point of view. :-)

Comment by Trish – July 12, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh. Another one bites the dust.

Comment by Leigh – July 11, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it, but I won’t miss it.

Comment by Mike R. – July 11, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty White is awesome, but that show ran 2 seasons too many.

Comment by DarkDefender – July 11, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Old women made sexual advances to young men. Hilarious. No wonder this didn’t last.

Comment by rio – July 11, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crap!

Comment by Whatevah – July 12, 2013 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty White deserved way better thabn OFF THEIR ROCKERS. This kind of show may have flown in the 1960s in the heyday of CANDID CAMERA but now? Why not more sophisticated comedies and dramas featuring characters that could be played by these expereicned actors instead of this embarrassment?

Comment by Iakovos – July 12, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank the Maker. There’s already way too much stuff on TV about people being obnoxious to other people for “entertainment” purposes.

Comment by buttermop (@buttermop) – July 12, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this was the first show in years that I’d actually watch on NBC. So disappointed that a great and entertaining show like this was cancelled for the mind numbing, self absorbed and stupid reality tv shows.

Comment by Bobbi – August 11, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Betty White!!!’ It is hilarious!!!! We dont need another game show that is boring!!!!!!! We have enough of them now!!!!!!

Comment by Melanie johnston – August 16, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty white has been my favorite actr
    ess for my entire 35 yrs of life! What a shame to cancel Off their rockers. Im sure alot of people will be pissed!

Comment by Juie – September 10, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty White’s Off Their Rockers is alive and well and airing weekly in 2014! Check TV Guide Magazine for proof.

Comment by J. Grier – March 22, 2014 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post