Bates Motel Scoop: Norma's Getting a [Spoiler]!

Get More: Casting News, Spoilers

bates motel season 2 spoilersActually, that headline should read Norma’s getting a [Spoiler], a [Spoiler] and a [Spoiler].

Production on the second season of A&E’s sublime Bates Motel begins later this month, and according to some fresh casting intel, three new characters will be checking in — and all of them will have very close ties to Vera Farmiga’s unhinged matriarch.

PHOTOS | Emmys 2013:  The Lead Actress Race in Review, Including our 6 Dream Nominees

The freshman trio include George, a recently divorced charmer in his late 40s who could be The One for Norma (but who will probably be dead by midseason); Christine, a local socialite in her late 30s who becomes Norma’s first real friend; and Caleb, Norma’s estranged fortysomething brother who comes to town to coax his little sis into investing in a presumably shady business venture.

Fans will likely hear more about the show’s new additions when the cast and exec producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin hit Comic-Con next week. In the meantime, deposit your casting suggestions in the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (31)

• Bates Motel is probably my favorite new show of the past season, and I’m looking forward to seeing where they take the story in season two. All of these additions sound great! I’m very excited to hear when season two will begin airing!

Comment by TV Gord – July 11, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I concur! It had a stellar first season and I’m eagerly anticipating season two! It cannot come fast enough.

Comment by Brian – July 11, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be honest, I didn’t have high hopes for this show but tuned into the first episode. By the 3rd episode I was hooked! I’m looking forward to the new season and it will definitely be interesting to see how Norma interacts with her new friend.

Comment by lizzielynne – July 11, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you reading my diary? That’s the same story I have about this show. To be frank, I wasn’t even that crazy about Psycho when I finally saw it in my 20s. It seemed tame to me. This show just keeps me engrossed each and every episode!

Comment by TV Gord – July 12, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t that the brother that forced her to have sex with him?

Comment by Emily – July 11, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wasnt that her father? (I have a horrible memory, correct me if im wrong!)

Comment by Jenna – July 11, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure it was the brother.

Comment by Brandon – July 11, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I NEED to watch this show. But A&E won’t air a marathon. :|

Comment by Austin – July 11, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you really, really need to watch it, you can buy the entire season from iTunes for $24.99. Not a bad price considering how awesome it is.

Comment by lizzielynne – July 11, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVD doesn’t come out until 9/17. I wish A&E would re-run the series or put it On Demand. I want to see it again.

Comment by David – July 11, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the first season was great. I can’t wait for season 2.

Comment by Joey – July 11, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psycho is one of my all time favorite films. And I’m a big fan of Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. But I’m sorry, I don’t get this show. It has tainted and ruined the legacy in my opinion. I watched the first two episodes and was cringing at how bad it was. Norman with an iPod? The ‘present day’ schtick maybe is what does it for me, I dunno. I don’t wanna accept anyone else as Norman except Anthony Perkins

Comment by Michele – July 11, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damon Lindelof has nothing to do with Bates Motel

Comment by Teag – July 11, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re basing your opinion off of two episodes and peripheral crap? Sounds like you don’t deserve this show, tbh.

Comment by Ruby – July 11, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s too bad. You’re really missing out. :-(

Comment by TV Gord – July 12, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The brother and divorced guy do definitely sound interesting, but I think I’m particularly intrigued by this Christine person. I can’t imagine what it’d be like for someone to befriend Norma. Maybe the two women will turn into some sort of “Thelma and Louise” type of duo?

Comment by Angela – July 11, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vera has to win an Emmy and Golden Globe!! For the casting: Annette O’Toole for the friend, Max Martini as the brother, and Ken Olin as “the one”

Comment by Scott – July 11, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great additions! George will be interesting, “probably be dead by midseason”, will Norman do it? I could see some tension build between Norman and George.

Comment by what! – July 11, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually I could see Norman’s Uncle becoming Victim #2

Comment by Queerbec – July 11, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most likely. Norman now knows that he used to rape Norma, so that’ll probably set him off when he comes to town. Hopefully Norman kills Bradley first. I can’t stand her.

Comment by Mikael – August 14, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My ONLY issue with this show, and I am all for slow deliberate story telling, is the pace on this show. TOO SLOW!

Comment by scorpo – July 12, 2013 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Hawkes for Caleb!

Comment by WyldeMan52 – July 12, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES,YES, when will it start back up again? I love this show. The 1st episode was only 5 or 6 shows then it was off. I was so upset. Please let the fans of the show no so we can get ready, and prepared
    LOL seriously tho. Love u all.

Comment by Lorrie Shearer – July 15, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 2 better have the same story line as season 1 if they change anything it’ll suck

Comment by Brook – July 17, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 2! Norma and Norman are great!!

Comment by Liz – July 19, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is Incredible….Now i dont know much about psycho i know Iv’e heard of it but it was truly before my time. Now my ex got me to watch this show and even from the first episode i was hooked it kept me intrigued. It was a little confusing as i dont know why Norman acts the way that he does. But i guess i would have to have watched the movie Psycho to get it as it was based on the movie. However I believe the producers did a great job with the cast and everypne fits their part pretty well for the most part. And DILAN ( Normans brother is soo handsome!! I cant wait for season 2!! ( the end of the last show made me said) why did Norman have to kill that nice teacher :(……..guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Comment by Juawana – July 19, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just popping in to say that YES, you should definitely see the original movie ‘Psycho’ at some point. It’s a classic horror film.
      The show does adhere somewhat to the story of that film, but it also veers off in its own directions, too, so that is one nice thing about “Bates Motel”-you don’t have to be familiar with the movie to enjoy the series. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s not a requirement.
      But still. Yeah. Go rent ‘Psycho’.

Comment by Angela – July 19, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did norman kill that nice teacher? He overheard her screaming argument with some man, Eric, I think, telling him to leave her alone.

Comment by Jill – July 24, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like others I watched the first episode thinking this is going to be the same old thing and wouldn’t last but I loved it and can’t wait for more,would love to learn about the girl with the oxygen { sorry really bad with names } and to learn if she has some secrets in her closets she needs to be beefed up :)

Comment by Donald Lukaszewicz – July 20, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh My Gosh I am infatuated with Bates Motel and cannot wait to see season 2. I have watched every episode over and over. I can’t get enough, not just of the storyline but of the actors too. Wow Vera Farmiga never fails to astound me, what a wonderful actor and so beautiful too. I think it will be interesting to find out what happens between her and her brother. I think she is such a loving mother, I just think she expresses it the wrong way. I think her realtionship with norman is almost a tragic love story! Not creepy, just complex!
    I think her ability to play this role so well is almost too real to be just acting. I think that she has had some form of abuse or trauma in her life to shape her into who she is and the wonderful actor we a love and enjoy watching ! xo

Comment by Marley Basford – November 19, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post