Exclusive

Castle Exclusive: Lisa Edelstein Joins Season 6 Cast -- What's Her Connection to Beckett?

Castle Season 6 Cast Lisa EdelsteinLisa Edelstein is trading a House for a Castle.

The TV MVP is joining the ABC hit’s Season 6 cast for a multiple-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Castle Season 6 Preview: Nathan Fillion Weighs In on Rick’s ‘Adult Choice’ — and Answers a Burning Question

The actress will play Rachel McCord, a tough and highly-skilled Federal Investigator whose appearance plays a vital role in Beckett’s decisions about her future.

As you know, Season 5 ended with Beckett considering a move to Washington D.C. to work on a special task force in the U.S. Attorney General’s office — a decision presumably complicated by Rick proposing marriage in the very final scene.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

Edelstein’s post-House credits include stints on The Good Wife, Elementary, House of Lies and, most recently, Scandal.

1. Krystan says:

Yay!!!

2. Melissa says:

OMG! LISA AND STANA TOGETHER? I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN! I can’t wait!

3. Alyssa says:

SQUEEEEEE A+ on this casting. I was already pumped for this season, but now I want it even more!

4. Alexa says:

Omg!!!! I was a huge fan of house! Can’t believe Lisa is making her way over to castle!!! Definitely happy about this, I wonder what influence she will have on Beckett?

It looks like Beckett might go to DC after all, or at least for a few episodes.

Can’t wait for the new season!

• Gene Briere says:

I’m with you,Alexa, our man Castle when it comes to House he’s no knight in shining armore. Still love both their shows. Gene from the berkshires

• alice says:

i dont especially care for large dpses of lisa
      ,but everyone deserves a chance,just not too long!! yes, loved house,and miss the show!!

5. PLP says:

Yay! LOVE Lisa Edelstein! Wish it was more than an ‘arc’ tho…..Also wish she’d go back to “The Good Wife”….they just started to open up something and then dropped her……need to explore that more.

6. Sarah says:

Ugh, this b*tch.

• Bubba922 says:

I agree! I hope “multiple episodes” means only 2. I really can’t stand her.

• Debra Willey says:

agreed – I was afraid I was the only one that didn’t like her….and I LOVED House.

• Annie says:

I hate that I have to agree with you but …. I have to agree with you. (I mean, nothing personal at ALL towards you, I just don’t like being the one going all “oooh she’s such a ___________”-whatever.) But in this case: yes. Got tired of her manic overshares of her obvious needy-crush on Laurie during House’s run, and her general one-note acting. Such a shame, too – I loved her brief role on West Wing way back in the day. Very little she’s done since has impressed.

• katrina says:

I don’t care for this actress. Hope its just 2 episodes!

• Tory says:

This! As you put her manic overshares and her obvious needy crush on Hugh Laurie is one of the reasons I dislike her. The way she hung all over him and pawed him whenever she was around him (not to mention calling herself his American wife) was embarrassing to watch. I felt so sorry for Hugh. He always looked extremely uncomfortable around her. Her acting is very one note, I agree. Cuddy was best in small doses and I think (as mean as it is to say) LE is too.

• Belle says:

My thoughts exactly. She’s a bad actress and mean as hell. Whoever designed this “arc” should be severly punished.

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

” He always looked extremely uncomfortable around her. ” LOL!Please show me a picture about poor Hugh! I think he didn’t mind these things!

• Kriszta says:

@Tory Why do you care? Are you Hugh’s wife? Or just simple jealous, because she did things which about you have dreamed!

• Midori says:

I wouldn’t call her that, but she is really 2D and bland when it comes to characters. She is great fun in interviews and real life it seems, just that doesn’t work on screen very well.

And multiply episodes in Castle land seems to be two, they never really have characters around for long.

• M says:

Don’t care for the ‘b’ word, but her overacting is repulsive. Yeah.

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

Clown!

• Jensen says:

That was my exact response!

• Dude says:

haterade!

7. Becca says:

I am really intrigued about this season. Castle almost never does recurring characters that aren’t love interests, so I’m curious about how this is going to play out. Part of me says don’t mess with success, but it’ll definitely be interesting to see how the show handles Beckett (presumably) taking the job, at least for a few episodes.

• Ralph says:

Perhaps Beckett and Lisa can strike up a ‘warm’ relationship. Beckett certainly has experience in this area.

8. anawesomeweirdo says:

I think i’m gonna start watching Castle now…

9. mary says:

OMG Lisa on Castle! Great casting choice Marlowe. Now I’m actually excited for Kate’s DC storyline.

10. i am soooo happy to hear that this new character is going to be working with beckett and not at the 12th. i think it’ll be a great way for beckett to see what her future will be like if she continues at this job and having 2 strong female characters is going to be great to see. i’m excited to see lisa edelstein and stana katic work together. i think that’s going to be great. they’re both fantastic.

11. JAA says:

This spoiler sucks big time!

12. K says:

I’m so excited and nervous for the DC storyline. Kate wants to take advantage of the opportunity she was given and I admire that. New chapter in her life begins

13. Polly says:

AWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

14. M3rc Nate says:

This is awesome but it makes me think Kate will choose the new job for the first bunch of episodes (and im sure that means over time she will realize how much she misses and loves Castle & her old job/friends and go back)

15. Sord says:

Wow i don’t watch Castle but i’ll start now. I love Lisa Edelstein so much

16. knd says:

Best. News. Ever.

17. ugh says:

I hate Castle but I love Lisa. She needs her own show!

18. james says:

I’m thinking Beckett takes the job and Lisa’s character is tasked with the background / cleance check which Beckett will ultimately fail due to her issues with a corrupt senato. And of course Castle will be upset she chose the job and be even more upset when she returns to NYC.

19. Ghost says:

OMG best news ever!…im really excited about lisa and stana working together..and even more excited on how Rachel affect beckett’s future…I need s6 like right now!! so excited! :D

20. Terri says:

I hate her. Talk about ruining Castle. YUCK

21. bLAH says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…….

22. Kim says:

Hate her..worst news of the day!

23. Lisa and Stana in the same show, the dream came true <3 <3

24. rmr says:

Lol! Best news in a long time, not only because love Lisa, but more for the haters..eat your hearts out! Special note for Liz
    ;)

25. D says:

I don’t watch it, but I’ll defo watch her arc. Woman needs her own show though!

26. hampra12 says:

So gonna start watching Castle now!! Lisa is amazing! Loved her in every show she was on! It is a real pity that on House they usually just gave her little screen time since she really is an absolutely outstanding actress.
    Love it that she is on all the hit shows now! Can’t wait for the Lisa epis!

27. Sabrina says:

Bad news. I hope she’ll be there for only a few episodes.

28. Babygate says:

Good and bad. You can infer from the headline that this would be a permanent move so I’m a little disappointed that it will only be for an extended arc but so happy that she will be on! She was great on The Good Wife and Scandal and I have missed seeing her on a weekly show. Incidentally, I hope Becket stays in DC. I think a new location would give the show a facelift and DC is exciting with all the possibilities. Anywho, incredibly excited about this. Now, if only they would bring Jennifer Beals back to play the villain it would be absolute perfection.

• baby says:

I agree jenifer beals wit a combination of lisa nd kate wud be a real classic !

• Rick says:

I am confused. Will Lisa and Kata have an affair or Lisa and Castle. Or is it a trio. Also why is the AG job a good one for Beckett. The pay is the same, she is not a lawyer or an accountant. Task forces don’t go after murderers so what skills does Beckett bring to the job and why would she a future in an organization that is basically political. It seems like a dead end job change.
      Why would NYPD take her back? I don’t think civil service works that way.
      Does Castle just hang around the police station waiting for her to come back? Does her wall come down for some new guy in Washington while Castle is waiting? In short what ever happened to the show I used to watch.

29. abe says:

Hands down, the best news of the summer so far! This is amazing! I cannot wait to see Lisa on Castle. So thrilling and Lisa is so wonderful in everything she does. Thanks!

30. CarlagUK says:

Don’t know the actress at all but I’m all for new characters being introduced. Looks like Kate will take the DC job at least for a few episodes. These sort of changes, in my opinion, are healthy choices for the show. Here’s to an exciting Series 6

31. TV Gord says:

It’s great to see her upgrading from a House to a Castle! I really missed her when she left house. This is going to be terrific to see!

32. Bruh says:

Lisa + Stana = Awesome! Amazing news!

33. Nora says:

I feel sorry for the Castle fandom. LE fans are the worst.

• samson says:

Must’ve been a typo, you meant HL (Hugh Laurie)/ “True House fans”, right?

• Annie says:

RIGHT?! Ugh.(And I see they’ve already proven the point, LOL.)

• D says:

Still with this BS? You don’t like her? Fine, but at some point you’re going to have to move on. It’s not healthy and tbh she doesn’t give a cr*p. Marlowe won’t uncast her, no matter how hard you whinge.

• Belle says:

Worst, meanest and in their teens, mostly. Yeah, had that while watching “House M.D.”. I’m sick and tired of them, going everywhere and praising this at most mediocre actress like she was a goddess.
      UGH!

34. If Beckett doesn’t accept Castle’s engagement proposal at the start of Season Six, ratings are going to hit rock bottom and The Blacklist should have the advantage in the 10 p.m. Monday night time slot this upcoming season.

35. samson says:

Must’ve been a typo, you meant HL (Hugh Laurie)/ “True House fans”, right?

36. Just one thing says:

That’s quite a get.

37. James D says:

Good casting choice AM love her or leave her Lisa will be good in this role methinks. Am I the only one that has the feeling she is connected with Bracken, i find it impossible his prints won’t be all over K-Becks while she’s in the belly of the beast so to speak.

38. A says:

Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy Castle, but as much as I love Lisa Edelstein IMO she can do so much better than being on Castle. She’s just an amazing actress and would love to see her on another show like Homeland, Suits, White Collar, or even back on Scandal or The Good Wife.

39. Charley says:

This show makes no sense. It’s been leaked that she accepted his proposal AND she took the job in DC. Rick, why do you put up with this infuriating woman?! Rick could do SO much better.

• Just one thing says:

That information isn’t common knowledge yet, so if people stopped talking about it everywhere without warning that it’s a spoiler, there still might be some element of surprise for lay-viewers.

• steven says:

He puts up w/her because he loves her. if that leaked proposal is correct, she`ll figure out a long distance engagement won`t work out & come back to N.Y.

• scooby says:

People have faked spoilers about Castle in the past. The supposed evidence isn’t that hard to make up in this case. I don’t even think it’s people connected with the show trying to put out different possibilities. I think sometimes it’s fans wanting attention for themselves because who wouldn’t go watch a youtube video where someone allegedly gives something away? Traffic for their channel right there. Message board claims are worth the effort it takes to type’em.

• Just one thing says:

I don’t think any of what was revealed last night was fake.
        It was a clear chain of seriously unfortunate events:
        1. Guest Actor A posts a picture of a call sheet revealing the name of Guest Actor B.
        2. Fan(s) google Guest Actor B, which I’m assuming leads them to Guest Actor B’s public(?!) audition video.
        3. Fans flock to Guest Actor B’s audition video before he knows to take it down.
        4. Choice fans re-upload Guest Actor B’s audition video.
        5. Guest Actor B deletes the video and Guest Actor A deletes everything he posted, however…
        … Thanks to Tumblr and YouTube, you can’t un-ring a bell.

• Just one thing says:

Of course, none of last night’s debacle really matters, because a completely separate group of fans have already spoiled both big answers with their paparazzi-like ways.

• jamed says:

Yep….. and that’s super frustrating and wrong.

• You know, I’ve been thinking about “spoilers” and things a lot. My take is: It doesn’t matter. We “fan”atics want to know – I’m stupid enough to even lose some sleep over the “Yes/No” question. But the average Castle fan has decided what they want to be the answer and will wait until September and not think about the topic all summer.

The people on these forums are a very small segment of the Castle viewing audience so even if we “know” the answers it won’t affect the show’s ratings. In fact, if she says “no”, I’m gone — it means that all the 5 seasons of shows leading to this moment are B.S.

I hope they don’t rewrite the show because of these “spoilers”. The answer has to be “Yes, but I have to try D.C.”

• Just one thing says:

A few years ago, I think you’re right that there two camps, with hardcore onliners being the minority. However, these days, Facebook and Twitter have led otherwise average viewers to engage in ways they didn’t before.
            They don’t scour the Internet for details like “super fans,” but it is far easier and more common for average viewers to interact online.
            As a result, the hyperactive rate at which these Castle spoilers spread is far more likely to spoil viewers who weren’t even looking for details. Especially when you consider so many people aren’t properly tagging their posts and comments.
            I suppose it was unrealistic to expect these spoilers to be kept underwraps until September. But I am curious to know if any other show will deal with this same problem in the coming weeks.

• Ralph says:

There is no doubt that he could do much better, with less heart aches. Beckett has too much baggage to be a stable companion.

• Ben says:

SOOOOOO true…

40. Potentially great casting, (a little sting left after TGW stint)

41. Jane says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I couldn’t stand her on House. I have just never thought she was a very good actress. Please note I said “I.” You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

42. Al says:

I’m open to it but don’t want it to become another Chic dominated TV show. I like the blend of NF, SK and their support cast. Castle is my all time favourite show and we’ve gone through enough angst btn Caste and Beckett. It would be good to have some real relationship woes btn them.

43. DagneyTaggert says:

i’ve never seen Castle but I will now! I wish they’d have Lisa back on Good Wife!!!! I loved her getting “Will” and “Alicia” all riled up! would love her to come between “Diane” and “Kurt” Love, love, love. Lisa!

• Teri Shannon says:

You will love Castle. It is a fantastic show. Could I recommend you watch Season 1 Episode 1 to see how Castle and Beckett met. If you like it, start watching all the Seasons on DVD or Netflix.

• scooby says:

I agree, though I will say I prefer Beckett’s hair now. It’ll seem a little harsh to you in the beginning. Fun fact, ABC had to tell the Castle producers to dial back the Castle/Beckett chemistry in the pilot because they were afraid it’d look like the characters were gonna get into bed by the 2nd show. I’d love to know what they took out.

44. Rick Wright says:

Don’t know much about her, as I’ve never watched House or Good Wife when she was on. But, after her arc is done…for however many episodes…I would still like to see Dana Delaney return for several episodes as Special Agent Jordan Shaw. She remains my favorite “guest star” over the five years I’ve watched Castle.

45. Castle Fan says:

Some of you just need to go relax. Stop trashing the show b/c you don’t like the direction. Change is sometimes good. Just because it doesn’t mesh your worldview of how the show should move forward now doesn’t mean you have act like brats.

46. Teri Shannon says:

Castle is great at casting guest stars!

47. Best news in a long time! Love Lisa! Totally looking forward to her episodes :D

48. Pam says:

Ewwww…Did not like her on House or anything she has been on. He voice is annoying and she always over acts. Hope it is only a couple of episodes.

49. Midori says:

My guess is that she finds out about the secret group Beckett joins, and closes it down, then everything is back to normal in NYC again.

50. Rob says:

Yaaaaaay!!!! Best day of my life. Love Castle and loved Lisa so much on House. I stopped watching when she left. I can´t wait for the new season :DDDDDD