TVLine Items: Yvette Nicole Brown Gets Psych'd Up, True Blood Adds Broadway Vet and More!

Yvette Nicole Brown Psych CastCommunity‘s Yvette Nicole Brown is enrolling in Psych 101.

The actress/talk show MVP has signed on to guest-star in an episode of the USA comedy’s upcoming eighth (and likely final) season, TVLine has confirmed.

News of Brown’s casting was first announced Friday afternoon on Twitter by Psych‘s loose-lipped co-lead Dulé Hill. Sadly, he didn’t reveal any details on her character — not yet anyway. (Spill it, Hill!)

RELATED | Psych‘s Final Season Episode Order Increased

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Tony Award nominee Valarie Pettiford (Fosse), who most recently appeared on CBS’ short-lived Golden Boy, has booked a multi-ep arc on True Blood, Deadline reports. Details about her role, which begins in Season 6′s seventh episode, are currently being kept under wraps.

• It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a… Sharknado! Press PLAY below for a first look at the bound-to-be-epic Syfy original film (bowing Thursday, July 11 at 9/8c), which stars Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills, 90210) and Tara Reid (American Pie).

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled Shows

• Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire), Romola Garai (The Hour), Andrew Scott (Sherlock) and Simon Russell Beale (My Week With Marilyn) have joined the cast of BBC Two’s upcoming Cold War spy thriller movie, Legacy.

• NBC’s two-hour coverage of the Macy’s 4th of July Spectacular on Thursday night drew 7.1 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating, down 12 and 17 percent from last year’s telecast.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (13)

• “Psych’s loose-lipped co-lead” cracked me up. He does reveal everything via twitter. I remember when he busted a major secret about the musical that was supposed to be a secret. Gotta love Dule.

Comment by Amber – July 5, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I had to bet, my wager would be the musical episode for her appearance. She has the pipes.

Comment by Aleksa – July 5, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The musical episode was completed for season 7. Yvette’s going to be in season. 8.

Comment by Andy – July 6, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The musical episode was filmed a long time ago. It’s set Somewhere in season 7. It’s definitely a season 8 episode.

Comment by Amber – July 5, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you blanking kidding me with Sharknado?!

Comment by epicuriouserin – July 5, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more, I watch this and I was so confused I had to watch it again to see if I missed something, but nope, this has to be the dumbest movie plot I have ever heard. I would even dare say worse than Twilight

Comment by Josh – July 5, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Sharknado’.
    Seriously. ‘Sharknado’. What is this I don’t even?

Comment by Angela – July 5, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want a confirmation about Psych’s 8th year, i have enjoyed the ride and would like the journey to keep going, i think it will leave

Comment by Dude – July 5, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The people complaing about sharnado cleary don’t know a B movies purpose

Comment by dean – July 5, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right. I love a bad B film, especially if its scifi-y. This Sharknado looks truly awful, but I’m really looking forward to it. Horrible scifi films are the best.

Comment by liz – July 6, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sharknado looks like its one of the worst films which means syfy achieved their goal, i will be watching

Comment by Dude – July 6, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s nice.

Comment by nannarpite – July 8, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a great job with this. Also, the blog loads very quick for me on Firefox. Outstanding Blog!|

Comment by cpanel vps – August 4, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post