Once Upon a Time's Season 3 Premiere Title Revealed: What Does It Mean?

Who is Once Upon a Time‘s “truest believer”? And would that person be well advised to keep an eye on his/her ticker…?

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Scoop on Aurora, Mulan and Prince Phillip’s Resurrection

Those are the questions raised by series cocreator Adam Horowitz‘s reveal of the Season 3 premiere script cover, which carries the title: “The Heart of the Truest Believer.”

Could the title refer to Henry, thus explaining why Peter Pan, as revealed in the finale, is dead-set on getting his mitts on the Maine munchkin? Could that have been Tamara and Greg’s mission, to deliver unto “him” the heart of the truest believer?

And what if instead they had showed up with the “truest Belieber?” Then all hell breaks loose?

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Makes ‘Neal/Baelfire’ a Series Regular for Season 3

Share your theories on the Season 3 title in comments.

1. Emmapants says:

Somehow, I feel like Henry could be both.

• Claudia says:

How can anybody still watch “this” show. Jeeez!

• J. K. says:

Agreed, it should end with dignity but it does not deserve to come back another season.

• Emily says:

Yeah, the second season sucked.

• Bobbie says:

are you kidding me this show is great. Don’t watch if you don’t want but don’t say is was not a good season it totally was!

• Tee says:

Thank you…I agree! I love this show!! The story twists are great…it takes a creative mind to come up with the plots on this show. One of the best on TV…goodness knows we need good shows instead of all the “reality tv” garbage!

• abcde says:

Totally! If you’re not a fan you’re not but don’t go around insulting it. Lots of people LOVED the second season, including me.

• Kittykat says:

If one bad season means a show should be cancelled, then there are a lot of amazing shows that ran for a really long time that would have been cancelled! Give it a chance! Lots of shows have shaky seasons then come back strong!

• Lisa says:

Why are you replying about a show you don’t like?

• I watched other shows last that I thought were very bad and I couldn’t believe that they lasted. While others I liked were cancelled. It is just if the audience is big enough. I like the show and when I realized that I expected it to fail. I am glad it didn’t.

• Brandi Armstrong says:

I actually really like this show. I know it’s my guilty pleasure. Some people have Buffy, some have Newsroom, some have Supernatural, Charmed, or Medium. As for me, I have Once Upon a Time.

• I says:

If you don’t like the show then why are you making a commet or why did you look this up if you don’t like it, i meen, really. Go do something else with your time because we don’t want to hear that, because we didn’t come on here to hate on this show.

2. Liz says:

Henry is the truest believer.

3. evanquil1 says:

It definitely has to do with Henry. He was, after all, the only one to believe in the curse!

4. Maki says:

It will probably deliever the resolution why Henry is so important! Can’t wait for it to happen.
    S3 here we gooooooooooo!

5. Amelia says:

So excited!

6. J.J. Sawyer Phillips says:

I guess the real issue here is what is meant by a “true” believer. Each of the characters who have gone to Neverland have had their faith/trust/belief tested to greater or lesser degrees- even young Henry. But which one of them has been tried by fire the most? I’d say it’s one of our villains or Emma.

7. taran63 says:

This is a show where characters should be worried whenever someone references a “heart”.

8. xav says:

One of the boys. It’s all about the boys now.

9. Chris H says:

I still wonder what is taking ABC sooooo long to FINALLY announce premier dates for it’s shows including OUAT.

• DreamRose311 says:

This.

• cdeno says:

Agreed. Maybe they forgot that in order for people to watch a show we need to know when it is suppose to start again? Not sure, but it sure is annoying. ABC is last to do anything (last to announce renewals, last to release fall lineup and last to announce premiere dates) it’s getting kind of ridiculous. Almost feels like the ABC big wigs don’t care about the fans.

10. number42is1 says:

“believing” is a fundamental rule to Neverland. It can refer to almost anything but most likely something to do with tinkerbell

11. Clifford says:

Henry = Peter Pan!!!

12. Caitlin says:

I now have Mountain Dew all over my keyboard from spitting it out laughing at the “truest Belieber line….

13. Tabitha says:

My husband and I were thinking that the “Shadow” is possibly Henry/Henry’s Shadow.

14. James says:

With all this talk of magical Hearts, they just need to start referencing Kingdom Hearts as another world and my life would be complete

15. Tantanya says:

My shot-in-the-dark theory is that (if Peter Pan is not Henry), Henry is the titular character of this episode, and his heart is needed to bring back Tinkerbell from the dead. Some Peter Pan mythology requires one to truly believe in fairies and chant their said-belief to bring them back, and seeing as OUAT loves magic using hearts and is taking a darker route to this fairy tale, this theory could be plausible.

16. Choco says:

Hope it’s a good episode. Season 2 felt like a wasted opportunity.

17. Julio says:

No, no, no. You folks have got it all wrong this isn’t about Henry, it’s about especial cameo by Stan Lee!! After all he is the leader of all “True Believers”.

18. creams12 says:

“the heart” part of the title gets me nervous.

also remember the lost boy said your lucky you’re not the one he wants. you get to live.

It sounds like PP wants to kill henry by taking his heart.

19. Anette says:

I think the second seasons had its ups and downs, in fact so much so that I did consider to stop watching. I’m however glad i didn’t as the last two episodes were great and I do have a feeling season three should be interesting. I do believe the true believer is young Henry. And the original Pan was not a good guy, he killed the lost boys when they became too old. The question is this if he intends to rip out Henry’s heart what use does he have from it?

20. Trixxter921 says:

This Series is one of the best I have ever seen!!! Never Cancel it please!! Every episode has me on the edge of my seat! Well done to the Writers, Directors and Actors!! Great Series!!! :D

• Ruth west says:

I agree totally it is a really different kind of series ! It’s refreshing to watch a new kind of show just like Grimm love it! And Rumpel is the bestest

21. Chelsea wauchope says:

TO ALL PEOPLE THAT GAVE THE COMPANIES DOUBT ABOUT MAKING A 3RD SEASON SHUT UP BECAUSE I LOVE THIS SHOW SO DONT STAND IN THE WAY OF THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ENJOY THIS STORY AND WANT IT TO KEEP GOING

22. Kiki Smith says:

Man I love this show! Sometimes it can be kinda cheezy, but other than that, its awesome! I love the chemistry among the characters, the surprises throughout the seasons, and the over all good show it is. Most people watch reality TV, or weird stuff like honey boo boo, but this show has meaning, and it makes you think. I think that’s why the show is so amazing. It’s good, family fun that lures you into watching it more with its wonderfull plot! GO OUAT!

23. Stephanie says:

Love this show cannot wait until the new season begins.. looking forward to the mystery of Henrys true identity

24. Once Upon A time is a master piece in disguise! I have heard a lot of comments about the plots and twists but when you take a step back and examine the show you can see there is more twists then you can dream of, every time a problem is solved another arises and that really what real life is like but the way these twists are created and made so realistic is a real talent. In the future I hope there are more shows like this as life is hard but these types of show that are obviously not real gives a sense of wonder to life a sense of hope as well.

25. Daniel says:

wait a minute did I miss something I could have swore that when the Lost Boys Come and held up the picture they was saying that Harry was Peter Pan and that not to worry because Peter Pan is never wrong meaning that Henry was Peter Pan. it only makes sense because Peter Pan never wanted to be involved in magic that is why he never wanted to grow old.

26. ilv5489 says:

i dont think henry is the truest beliver i think henrys just bait so THE REAL TRUEST BELIVER goes and tries to save him

27. Jessica Valentin says:

So this has become one of my favorite shows I love. There was never a dull moment for me. Im excited for s3!! And that waaaaaalt reference^^^^ literally had lmfao :D

28. Mimi says:

This show it truly EPIC. I’ve never been so sucked into a tv series before. My favorite show! (Obviously. :)) l cannot wait until Season 3!!! The next episode in S3 has to be about Henry, who I really believe is the truest believer, and he was thrown in Neverland in the last episode. Plus, OUAT on Twitter has put the hashtag #savehenry out there! I think maybe that was a hint? ;) I know Tinkerbell will be there to help! Can’t wait to meet Tink and Ariel! ❤

29. fan says:

What if peter is mary margaret. Remember peter was a girl at one point in the history of peter and it is her heart because it started to darken.

30. fan says:

Remember Mary Margaret is the truest believer that everyone has good in them with all the chances she gave Regina.

31. fan says:

She has the short hair to go along with it. This could be the thing to restore her heart.

32. Emily says:

This show is amazing sure the second season wasnt as epic as the first but it was just as good!!!! This show does deserve to come back and if you don’t think so you Jolu keep your comments to your self I understand you can speak your mind but I don’t tell you how to live your life so don’t tell the people how to run their shows

33. Emily says:

Peter pans shadow wants Henry aka Peter Pan

34. Ashlee says:

The new season is set to air around September 29, 2013.

35. Ann says:

Does anyone else think Henry could be…..King Aurther as a boy?

36. fan says:

Im so excited ewwwww i just can wait. One more month

37. Daniel says:

I’m anxious to see How the Little Mermaid is going to fit into the plot of everything. Cause remember the reason that grumpy became grumpy Was because he was not able to follow his true love and go out into the world.I wonder did she some how become The Little Mermaid

38. Caterina says:

People dissing this show should just keep their mouths shut, clearly enough people like it enough for it to keep going. So shut your mouths and don’t say anything. I love this show it reminds me of grimms fairy tales mixed with the comic Fables.

39. Anastasia says:

I love this show I can’t wait for season 4 . This show is the most amazing show in the world I’m audited to it :) ;) love once upon a time when u think its over its just the beginning love it.;)

40. ssm says:

What about Henry dad ,Emma’s ex,and rumpelstiltskin son you can only wonder what they all are going to show in season 3

• suzzielol says:

Yea your right hr did find his way back home after so many years and that blood thing is it going to show rumpel how to find bay

41. Cathy says:

Can someone someone tell me what episode the “true believer” line line occurred. I missed it somehow.

42. monteil b. says:

I love this show soooooo happy they have a season 3!!!!!!!!!

43. Once upon a time season 3 starts on Sunday September 29th 2013 at 8/7c on abc, the episode is called “The heart of the truest believer.” The show starts right where it left off, Gold, Hook, Snow, Charming, Emma, and last for the best Regina (evil queen) are going to Neverland to save kidnapped Henry, meanwhile Belle takes over Storybrooke and Neal is in the Enchanted Forest shot, with Phillip, Aurora, and Mulan. So watch it cause this show is amazing and it is going to be EPIC!!!!!!:) and I think Regina( evil queen), Gold, or Emma is the “truest believer!”

44. I think Regina and Hook should get together. And there should be a musical episode in season 3. I LOVE this show!!!!:)

45. Once upon a time is the best tv series that I have ever seen. It just always makes me smile and it always makes me so happy. Thank you to the cast and creators of once upon a time. You always make my day, and I am so happy that once upon a time season 2 is on Netflix now. And I am way excited for season 3. I seriously can’t wait that is why I am watching season 2 again. So thank you!!!! I wish I could meet you guys!!!! Love everyone in the cast!!!!:) and my name is like the fruit not like Sherrie, a lot of people get it wrong!!! It’s okay though!!!:) but it’s the fruit, cherree is my name:)!!!!!!!

46. Mallory says:

Typically, once installed, asphalt shingles will last for ten to twenty years depending on the climate
    in roofing queens ny the region. From the initial design phase to
    final conclusion, they handle all aspects of construction.

If there is a waste factor with roofing anytime you get to a valley or a
    hip you’re going to cut some material and throw it
    away.

47. terry says:

I cant wait for september 29th to see once apon a time it was awesome..at least it ended right..

48. Anshuman says:

season 2 sucked!

49. fan says:

Im confused peter pan physical self and his shadow is in neverland. That is probably why he needs a heart from a true believer to reattach his shadow to himself. Hmmm i wonder?

50. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this write-up plus the rest of the site is also really good.