Exclusive

Exclusive: Walking Dead Season 4 Premiere Title Signals Time Jump; Plus: New Poster Unveiled

The Walking Dead Season 4Are Rick and his fellow survivors about to catch a much-needed break?

TVLine has exclusively obtained the title of The Walking Dead‘s Season 4 premiere, and it points to both a lull in the zombie war and a time jump.

RELATED | Walking Dead Promotes 3 to Series Regular

According to sources, Episode 401 — penned by new showrunner Scott M. Gimple — currently bears the title, “30 Days Without an Accident.”

What does it mean?! Herewith are some possible interpretations (some obvious, some less so):

* The show will skip ahead at least one month following the events of the Season 3 finale.

RELATED | The Walking Dead‘s Andrew Lincoln: Why I Barred Sarah Wayne Calles From the Set

* Rick’s controversial decision to relocate the denizens of Woodbury to the prison is paying off on the safety front (i.e. 30 days without a zombie attack). It’s also creating a potentially deadly false sense of security.

* Rick’s screws are starting to tighten (i.e. 30 days without seeing dead people).

* The gang stumbles on a potential new home base, where the current residents are tracking the number of days since the last attack on a chalk board.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

The title mystery will be solved this October when The Walking Dead returns with Season 4 on AMC. Until then, hit the comments with your own theories about the meaning behind “30 Days Without an Accident.” Oh, and scroll down for a first look at the show’s new S4 banner art, slated to be unveiled later this month at Comic-Con.

walking dead season 4

1. JDP says:

It’s likely a reference to signs at manufacturing plants that track the number of days without an OSHA reportable incident. So, they probably find a new home in a factory.

• Allen says:

I watched a video clip where someone showed a power plant with security and a place for the cast and crew to park as if they were filming at that location, if this is true it could also be where the 30 days without an accident comes from because the power plant would without a doubt have one of these signs. I’m not certain there was no indication as to who from the show would be seen in the power plant location so it could be introducing Negan, The Governor or Rick and crew that are at that location, guess we will have to wait and see in October. only about 100 days away.

• Brett says:

Why would negan be introduced before any of the others that were introduced before him like the hunters?!! Doesn’t make sense to skip 100 issues and go to negan!!

2. Ashley says:

HELL yeah TWD……..the S4 poster is great this time adding tyrese!
    As for the title ’30 days….etc’ there’s no way i mean it’s possible they’ve been safe w/out an attack BUT if that’s the case for the 1st EP. it sounds BORING.
    I say somethings gonna happen i think that some of those eldery poeple from woodbury are going to be goners……..no way they can survive.

• Alan says:

how can you say its boring based on title alone? i think the likely “no incidents in 30 days has led to a false sense of security” idea sounds like a great way to start the season with something going horribly wrong by the end of the episode that will drive the rest of the season.

3. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Mmmm. Daryl’s dirty and sweaty, just like I like him. <3

4. Dizzle says:

I await season four with the long-held, but never granted, wish that this is the year they sort the pacing issues out. I want to love this show but they make it so dang hard to! Michonne and Darryl still being alive is a massive plus.

• A says:

Hands down………..Rick,Daryl, and Michonne are my fav. characters!!!!!!!!

• Innocent Jo says:

Well I have to say my favorite characters are Daryl Michone and Carl. Sorry but I’m Carl’s age and he’s gone through some tough stuff. I feel him like he’s my best friend :)

5. Joey says:

Good info about the seaaon premiere episode and the banner art for season 4 looks great. I can’t wait to see the new season in october.

6. Roy says:

Can’t wait for another season of dumb characters behaving illogically, bad pacing and terrible writing!

Why can’t I stop watching this garbage? It’s my new Heroes that I have to hate-watch and I don’t understand why!

• Jack says:

If you cant wait, as you say, then you seem to like this show a lot more than you care to admit.

• Syren says:

@Joey..LMAO!!!! Hmmmm…maybe…just maybe you enjoy watching the show because of the ‘dumb characters behaving illogically ‘! Its probably an ego booster for you, lol! You know it makes you feel like a freakin’ genius when you sit back and compare what you would do oppose to the extremely stupid thing/things the ‘dumb characters behaving illogically ‘ just did and then continue to keep doing the same and/or even dumber thing/things they did before…lmao! I know on many occasions where they’ve done some really just plain-in-your-face stupid crap that’s actually made me feel like genius! Don’t get me wrong I LOVE this show….even if it seems quite repetitive at times. I also really enjoy most of the actors, dumb or not……..with the exception of Carl! That kid really irks the p*ss out of me!!! Its not just his character either….its HIM!!! I really wish they would get rid of him…..soon!!! BUT,when you put it all together I can’t deny that I still love and adore the show!!!! Anyways,Joey,I understand what it is you’er saying and I see where you’er coming from!!! I am very excited for the new season to start!!!!! <3 ~XOXOXO~ <3

7. Mike says:

Is it possible that the title 30 days without an accident means there IS an accident?? Will someone get bit?? Maybe Rick??? Maybe Herchel will chop off one of Ricks limbs this time?? Can’t wait to find out!!

8. Becky says:

maybe the title has something to do with Phillip aka the governor. maybe it’s been 30 days since they were shot at by him or 30 days since anything involving Phillip had happened. Idk but that’s my theory or or or 30 days since he has seen Lori! :o

9. Reblogged this on HORROR BOOM and commented:
    Look at Michonne on that poster, riding that horse!

10. Matthew says:

MINOR COMIC SPOILER BELOW!!!!

If the sign does have something to do with a factory, there is a chance we’re going to meet Negan much earlier than anticipated since that’s where he and his group currently reside.

11. I can hardly wait for the new season. It just can’t get here fast enough!

12. Singingal says:

Michonne on a horse! Yay!

13. sepideh says:

best move this walking dead :-)

14. Larry says:

30 days will hopefully start 30 days after the assault. If they follow the comics this season will have them leave the prison, regroup at the farm and meet Abraham and everyone will head to Washington. It will also mean we lose several characters. Not naming who, go read the comics. :)

15. Richard says:

I am just wondering why everyone has perfectly white teeth?

16. james says:

i think season 4 will be more tremendous cuz the source of virus will be know and who spread it and there will be more enemy upcoming like nemesis a big zombie monster. So stay tuned

• Alan says:

so you are completely disregarding the entire point of the walking dead with this prediction then. this is not a story about finding a cure, this is a group of people struggling to survive in a world that has gone to hell. robert kirkman, the creator, has said exactly this many times.

17. Jessi says:

OMG! I can’t wait for the new season!!! Rick and Darrel are my fav charecters :)

18. I kinda have a feeling here about seeing Morgan appears when Rick sees him through the woods he is in in the forst exclusive picture of the fourth season. I think we would see Morgan fighting walkers that surrounding him, Rick freezes when he is shocked of having seeing Morgan again after the event of “Clear”. Morgan sees Rick standing by, distracted, got bit, Rick, Carol (whom now braven her self up and goes join Darryl, Maggie, and Glenn find supplies), Darryl, Maggie, and Glenn help Morgan. They bring Morgan to the prison, and the plot when through just like in the comic where Morgan, eventually dies.

*i think that’s gonna be awesome. Isn’t it?

19. Terry says:

I think the 30 days reference is a foreshadowing of things to come. Most people see the sign 5 days since last accident or stuff like that in factories, or it could reference things like prison riots, so maybe this means they went a full month without a crazy or walker incident. Then something horrible happens and the situation begins to deteriorate fast and the people of Woodbury become uncertain of their new position.

20. q says:

Just glad the governor crap is over with. Get back to the surviving zombies

• Alan says:

“governor crap” isnt over, if you understood the story of the walking dead you would know its not about surviving zombies, sure they are there but the basis of the story is how people react in a world like this and how conflicts arise between people of different mindsets. “governor crap” isnt over by a longshot and once he is gone he will be replaced by another human villain, just like he replaced shane.

21. Bloop Dee Doop says:

Daryl can’t be your favorite if you don’t know how to spell his name.

22. ethan says:

maybe the govener will team up with negan and his saviors

23. Jay says:

The creators of the show aren’t dumb. That’s why Scott Gimple is now the showrunner. He’s going to make the show, to quote the Drill Instructor in Stanley Kubrick’s “Full Metal Jacket”…”born again hard.”

24. creepycabby says:

It may have something to do with Rick’s baby getting bit…this is the 1st child born to the group who are all infected and this may be the start of a new “hope for a cure” that is just explained as an anomaly/bit of luck….that the baby is not infected.

25. Kirk says:

Quit lying. You don’t know. “Infection” is a basic part of TWD universe. Every zombie is infected!