Switched at Birth Nabs Joey Lauren Adams

Switched at Birth Joey Lauren AdamsIt Girl of the 1990s Joey Lauren Adams (Chasing Amy, Dazed and Confused, Mallrats) is playing a mom on Switched at Birth.

RELATED | Switched at Birth Season 2 Spoilers — Justin Bruening Returns

The actress will guest-star on two episodes of the ABC Family series as Nikki’s mother, TVLine has confirmed.

Creator Lizzy Weiss recently tweeted the photo (at right) of Adams and Lucas Grabeel, who plays Nikki’s fiancé Toby, on set.

Adams — whose TV credits include United States of Tara, Party Down and Veronica Mars — will appear in the Aug. 5 and 12 episodes.

Comments (12)

• So I guess Toby/Nikki is lasting longer than I thought it would…

Comment by L – July 1, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool! Personally I’m rooting for Toby/Nicki. Watching them try and make it work, balancing responsibilities yet also keep the things that brought them together in the first place alive. Its a great storyline.

Comment by mia – July 1, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has a terrific cast.

Comment by Adam L. (@UpstateAdamL) – July 1, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darby from Second Noah! My family for some reason still always quotes the hilarious line she said in that show once: “You didn’t hurt me, I hurt me.”

Comment by brandon – July 1, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought too! Man I loved Second Noah.

Comment by Amy – July 1, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s hoping Toby/Nikki implodes at the wedding. He could do better.

Comment by Mark – July 1, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Idk if he could be better, but she just bothers me.
      When she first showed up, I was like sure okay
      When the got together, I was like sure okay
      When the broke up, I was like sure okay
      When they got engaged, I was like wtf? security this B—- needs to go.

Comment by Rook – July 1, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sure hope so. Tobey needs to snap out of it soon.

Comment by bkwrm – July 1, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is a perfect fit as her mom….can’t wait to see where this goes….

Comment by Rebecca – July 2, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he’ll cheat with the mother in law, isn’t that obvious?

Comment by Cynthia – July 2, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like them together. It’s nice to see that a relationship is not just about sex. She has her standards but at the same time she tries to support him. It’s also good to see that someone of faith is not presented like a lunatic. She talks about her past and just realizes she does not want to repeat the same mistakes. She was honest with him about how she feels, but she never pressured him to stay along for the ride. She walked away when she realized their beliefs and lifestyle was not a good fit. It was Toby he decided to pursue her and because they love each other, they decided to take a chance together. Why is that relationships have to be so complicated. Why would anyone call her a “b”. She is just true to herself, and to who and what she believes. More woman should try to be that way instead of changing for a man. It’s a welcome relief to see a man want to change for a woman instead of the other way around.

Comment by CC – July 5, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Toby & Nikki, she’s helped him change in positive ways. A little off subject, I REALLY hope to see Bay and Emmett get back together!!!! I like Ty, he’s a great guy and he’s strong, but it’s so obvious Bay & Emmett belong together!!! I’m hoping to see them come back together soon.

Comment by Lisa – July 15, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post