True Blood Recap: Sun Day, Bloody Sun Day

Get More: Recaps

true blood season 6 episode 3In Sunday’s episode of True Blood — “You’re No Good” — Billith decides that he had his premonition of all his frenemies being deep-fried by the sun so that he could change the future and save them. (So, uh, perhaps the episode should’ve been titled “Okay, Maybe You’re Kinda Good”?) Moreover, he’s so convinced that he is now immortal that he greets the morning sun with arms outstretched — you know, Godric and/or boy band style. Unfortunately, like Godric before him (but sadly very few boy bands), Billith bursts into flames. So, if he isn’t the key to enabling vampires to come out of the shadows, who is? Read on to find out!

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

BALL OF TRANSFUSION | Remembering that drinking Sookie’s fairy blood allowed for daywalking, Billith sends Jessica to retrieve the scientist who synthesized Tru Blood while he himself pays his ex a visit… minus his manners. “You’re not a god,” Sookie yells after he enters her house uninvited, “you’re just an a–hole!” Needless to say, she refuses to make a, erm, donation to his cause. In response, he tells her that she’s dead to him. (Sadly, she does not reply, “I know ya are, but what am I?”) In any case, it turns out, Billith may not need Sookie’s blood after all: When he gets a whiff of a toy that Andy’s half-fae daughters have played with, the Grinchy look on his face says he’s just had a wonderful, awful idea!

NO “FAIR” | Of course, Billith isn’t the only vampire out there who wants Sookie’s blood — so does Warlow, who Grandpa Niall explains wants it not because it’s fairy blood but because it’s royal fairy blood. (Well, la di da!) Later, out hunting for the bogeyman, Niall goes all fae CSI at the enchanted Studio 54 and learns that his quarry — apparently a dreadful party pooper! — massacred all the pixies. But at least Ben is still alive and well, more than eager to help the Stackhouses battle Warlow. Now if only Sookie could figure out why she can tell when he and only he is reading her mind…

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More Than 70 Premieres and Finales

TAKE IT ON THE RUN | After Willa saves her neck (well, technically saves a part of her anatomy that’s much lower!) by revealing to Eric that the Governor is experimenting on vampires, the duo pick up Pam and Tara, say farewell forever to Fangtasia (sniff) and hide out at dippy Ginger’s. Briefly. They’re only there a few hours — just long enough for Willa to come on to Eric in his coffin — when Daddy traces a call that Ginger foolishly answers. Before he can burst in, though, Tara — impulsive minx that she is — takes off with the fangers’ hostage. (Oh, and those experiments Willa mentioned? As of this episode, they’re being conducted on Steve — with the full blessing of his embittered ex, Sarah.)

MIXED NUTS | When the Vampire Unity Society pays a visit to Alcide’s wolf pack, Sam uses the distraction —Busybody smorgasbord! Yum! — to get Emma back. But they haven’t taken two steps before the do-gooder’s decided that he can’t leave Nicole to die as either kibble or a bit. Meanwhile, Andy scores a few points with Holly by taking her to Fort Bellefleur (his and Terry’s childhood safe place) and telling her that, if she can ever forgive him for his a-“fae”-er, he’d like to be her Fort Bellefleur. (Aw.) And, throughout the whole episode, Jason’s condition just worsens and worsens. What is up with his headaches and fully clothedness? That just isn’t like him!

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Wasn’t it a nice touch when they had tough guy Eric glance back wistfully at his Fangtasia throne before walking out? Can anyone explain why Jessica had to dress like a slutty schoolgirl if she was just going to kidnap rather than seduce the professor? And did Fox News write Sarah’s hilarious line, “If you really wanna do God’s work, you have to be in politics”? Hit the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (47)

• It was just okay. I have a feeling Jessica is going to eat Andy’s girls.

I liked the Bill/Sookie scenes. “You’re dead to me Sookie Stackhouse” “I’m good with that.”

Other than that, I thought it was a meh episode.

Comment by WTactualF – June 30, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I felt like it was the better of this season so far, but it was funnier than usual so maybe that’s why. Particularly “You’re not God, Bill- You’re just an asshole!” Was probably my favorite line of the entire show.

Can we please give Andy Belleflour and his daughters their own spin-off? Their interactions are seriously becoming my favorite part of the show. Oh and more La Fayette, never enough LaFayette.

Comment by Elly – July 1, 2013 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree on the favorite line of the episode. It’s rare that the line of the night go to Sookie. I also enjoy Andy and his daughters, finally a side story I can get behind. I’m afraid though that Andy is going to be the cast member to die this season defending his daughters from the vamps. I love that not only did he # them, but that they respond to it.

Comment by CR – July 1, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know, I loved that part so much! “hey daddy, wanna know what she’s thinking? STAY OUTTA MY HEAD #3!” I also loved the Steve Newlin and Anna Camp scene. I almost don’t want them to kill him b/c of how funny he is. I keep hearing its Eric who gets the funeral, I realllllllly hope that’s not true but I don’t want Andy to go :( I was kinda hoping it was Jason after last nights episode.

Comment by Elly – July 1, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • agreed that it was a “meh” episode. but cheese&rice are Anna and Stephen hot in their scenes together!

Comment by ashley – June 30, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You bet! And things are SO not over between Sookie & Bill. I doubt they ever will be…

Comment by Liz – July 1, 2013 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know people hate me saying this but….they’re the main romance aren’t they ? (I know people will jump on that shouting “NNOOO IT’S ERIC” but so far all the romantic interaction we had between Sookie and Eric was in season 4….aka. the season of amnesiac Eric)

Comment by mac – July 1, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I strongly agree. In the end, it should be Bill.

Comment by Warner – July 19, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica in that naughty school girl outfit. Best moment ever!!!

Comment by Darth Pablo – June 30, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think Ben is Warlow? This was just an average episode.

Comment by Richard – June 30, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Ben knows Warlow, works with him or something but don’t think he is him. Someone Hurt Jason, Ben was with Niall. He definitely knows something cause how would he know what vamp was after sookie!

Comment by Courtney – June 30, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I concur he is up to something plus I think Sookie invited him into her house in the last episode (going to re-watch later) it just seems weird he was wondering all night and did not find the magic fairy dicso or hear screaming and the way he asked Niall if there were any survivors. Yeah Ben is trouble

Comment by Cj – June 30, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do! If Warlow drank that much royal fairy blood, I’m thinking that’s why he can walk around during the day? And Ben’s wound is a likely source of the blood left behind. I can’t believe he wandered around all day and night looking for a giant field when Sookie pointed him in the right direction with only a bit farther to walk.

Comment by Ashley – June 30, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • felt the same. At the very least, I think something screwy is going on with Ben.

Comment by Scott Johnston – June 30, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definitely think Ben is Warlow and the discovery of the slaughtered fairy tent was a throw off, because it has already occurred in episode when Ben/Warlow had attacked them, which is where he got the injury Sookie had been tending to. His halfling status will be that he is half vamp/half fairy or something silly like that. I dunno, I’m enjoying this season so far but I can see it going maybe another season and then I think it’s time for them to put it down.

Comment by Dr_Para – June 30, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good theory!! I like this one

Comment by twilight123 – June 30, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i came here to comment the same things and am so happy that i am not the only one to pick up on the stupid twist

Comment by david – July 1, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Ben is Warlow and is simply getting close to Sookie for when the moment is right.

Comment by Derek – June 30, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked the confrontations with the weres. For once in this entire series ( I’ve watched since season 1) the wolves actually seemed menacing.

It was also great to see Steve’s hot ex wife again. I hope she pops up again in another episode this season

I also enjoyed the scene with the plates being smashed at Bill’s face LOL followed by Sookie’s anger mixed with sadness yell when she told Bill to gtfo. I don’t know if you guys caught her voice cracking at the end of the sentence as if she was suddenly about to cry. Very well acted

Comment by pooper scoop – June 30, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the return of Sarah Newlin. And Deborah Ann Woll (sp?) is knocking it out of the park this season with Jessica. But my real issue with this season is that Eric and Jason are never shirtless anymore! Alcide just doesn’t do it for me (he’s the only one that is ever shirtless anymore)

Comment by Lauren – June 30, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben is Wallow, Spoiler!

Comment by Jack – June 30, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Ben is Warlow, why isn’t Sookie dead already? Why drag it out? I agree there’s something suspicious about him but I really don’t think he’s a vampire. It’s only the third episode of the season, the mystery that they’re playing up with Ben ISN’T that he’s Warlow!
    And if I’m wrong, I’ll come back here and admit it! :)

Comment by Aeol – June 30, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Warlow’s intent is to kill Sookie. She was promised to him for marriage and he’s been obsessed with her for a gazillion years. Why would he kill her?

Comment by Ruby – July 1, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved seeing Bill turn into a Bonfire,he’s such an ahole. So is Alcide this season.
    Sarah Newlin was hilarious.
    I don’t think Ben is Warlow.
    That would make him a vampire fae hybrid who can read minds but can’t heal himself . Doubtful

Comment by Whatever – June 30, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missed the start of the season but am enjoying what I’m seeing . The part with Steve Newland and ex, Sarah was priceless. Like what’s going on with Eric. He’s the best part of this show. Sookie is still boring and obnoxious. What’s happened to Pam? She used to be elegant and mysterious and had the best lines. Now they make her look like a worn out hooker who’s mad and swears non stop. I think the writers put in expletives in place of sharp,snappy dialogue they can’t come up with.

Comment by Truefan – June 30, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this were true- Why wouldn’t Niall sense Warlow is around when Ben is standing right next to him…?

Comment by Singing_gal – July 1, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sparks yes, let them fly!

Comment by Bobbie – July 1, 2013 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why some people thought this episode was just okay or meh? I thought it was the best of this season so far. I think Eric and Willa actually have chem and I enjoyed their scenes and Eric and his family too. I’m worried about Jason though and that he may die :(

Comment by S – July 1, 2013 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would a vampire be limping around with injuries. Warlow would have healed right away. I do like the clue of not finding the tent meaning something. But. Thought he couldn’t find it because all the faeries were dead by the time he got there.

Comment by Lisa – July 1, 2013 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Ben is Warlow, but to answer your question: if he’s studied Sookie, he knows she has a thing for strays, so acting like he’s wounded would be a good way to get close to her.

Comment by Ruby – July 1, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so tired of characters being annoying, stupid or irrational. And Jason’s sudden extremist racism lasting almost an entire season’s worth is quickly dismissed as magic BS. The wolf pack are single-minded morons, Alcide’s a dick for taking the kid and Bill’s calm voice of reason is entirely absent as he manages to completely botch a request for a reasonable favor to save EVERYONE with an excessive use of unnecessary force. Sookie is the worst offender, as she goes from the end of the season trying to save Bill, to RUN FROM THE MONSTER, to HATE THE MONSTER FOR NO REASON EVEN THOUGH YOU JUST TRIED TO SAVE HIM OMG WTF. Eric is thankfully still Eric, but this show is seriously exhausting to one’s patience.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 1, 2013 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m LOVING this season. The heart and soul of each character is really coming through in a time of upheaval and intense scrutiny by the people who don’t understand those that are different.

I agree about the werewolf storyline but I haven’t liked the “werewolves” from day one. Those are wolfs they’re turning into, not werewolves or anything like what a werewolf is supposed to look like.

I love Pam and Tara and Eric is really showing more humanity than he has in the past and more cruelty.

I hate that this season is only 10 episodes and hope they wrap the majority of the stories up just in case they don’t get a renewed.

Oh, and that new halfling fairy dude is HOT!

Comment by Bobby Milford – July 1, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure TB was renewed for 2 seasons (this one, and next year).

Comment by DarkDefender – July 1, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sarah/Steve Newlin scene was the best thing about the ep, but Eric sucking his blood off what’shername’s finger was great, too, especially her reaction after. He sure knows how to turn things around on people. Also loved Sookie breaking that plate on Bill’s face. But what’s happened to Steven Moyer’s acting this year? It’s really, noticably bad, bordering on parody. :(

Comment by Ruby – July 1, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked this episode better than last week. I like seeing Sara Newlin again. I didn’t mind Alcides warewolf girlfriend before but now she needs to go. What about Lafayette his little speech to Sam was the best. I love Eric god he is hot

Comment by Patchi – July 1, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this season so far, definitely more than the last one, and episode last night was quite enjoyable

Comment by Tatjana – July 1, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the episode! And I think too that Ben is Warlow… He is a hybrid fairy-vampire!

P.S. I’m so sad Claude died!!!! :((((

Comment by albtrex – July 1, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Niall and Warlow are the same person.

Comment by Bobby – July 1, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! This is exactly how it was on imdb.com! Until recently Rutger Hauer’s role was listed as Niall / Warlow (but not anymore).

Comment by Maria – July 1, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben is Warlow ….we will see that he is in next episode…..eric is the best thing on this show and Sookie and Bill need to be over nobody like Bill as a character and we are tired of this Sookie forgiving him for being an asshole. Warlow wants sookie for making babies because he is half fae nobody knows really what Warlow is Niall doesn’t know he has been after him for centuries. Eric and Sookie will get together by the last couple of episodes.

Comment by ericsw47 – July 1, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow Eric. I am brand new to this blog and will get off of it asap thanks to you and your need to ruin the entire season for everyone.

Comment by Lisa – July 1, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anyone who cannot use proper punctuation, probably doesn’t have a real clue as to how the season is going to be played out.

Just sayin.

Comment by DarkDefender – July 1, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why Oh Why have they turned Alcide into a d-bag??? UGH……

Comment by Kat – July 2, 2013 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t know if it is just me, but in my openion this show has really fallen off and I can’t stand Bill.

Comment by j – July 2, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dying to know who’s getting axed in the 6th episode! I think Ben either is Warlow or is connected to Warlow somehow, but an interview with the actor that plays Ben makes me think he’s a red herring and around for the long haul so I’m not sure…What really tipped me off was the fact that he instantly knew *who* Niall was in the fae kingdom when Sookie, who is also a halfling, how no clue about her own grandfather. How would another halfling living in the human world know that?? Either way, I”m hoping we get some Sookie/Eric action this season. I think the relationship with Bill has died and Stephen Moyer is doing a fabulous job directing so the show could benefit from giving his character less screen time. I can foresee there coming a time when Sookie regrets rescinding her invitation to Eric because she’s invited someone she shouldn’t have into her home and needs saving (*cough* Ben *cough*).

I’m really enjoying this season overall. It’s the first season I’ve watched live so I didn’t hate season 5 as much as most people because I could watch it all at once and had no time to stew about the bad episodes. lol

Comment by fangbanger – July 2, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I know if that every time they show Willa, I think of Daphne Zuniga and start humming, “Nobody knows the trouble I feel…”. Right?

Comment by berryvic – July 2, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Newlins were my favorite part of the episode. Their banter was priceless and they should really show more of that! I wonder how much hairspray they put in Anna Camp’s hair to make it stay up like that. I’m hoping Alcide is the one to die. They’ve ruined him.

Comment by Mikael – July 3, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post