Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: The Good Wife Targets Hunted's Melissa George for Major Season 5 Role

The Good Wife Season 5 Melissa GeorgeIn what could be viewed as promising news for fans of Alicia and Will, The Good Wife is throwing some hard-to-resist temptation Peter’s way.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Hunted heroine Melissa George is joining the CBS drama’s Season 5 cast in the recurring role of Marilyn, newly-elected Governor Florrick’s in-house ethics counsel.

RELATED | Good Wife Scoop: Season 5 to Introduce New Trio, Including Love Interest for [Spoiler]

The character is described as smart, sexy, savvy and, by her very job description, a stickler for honesty and observing the rules. (Side note: Wait until Ms. M finds out about that whole vote-rigging thingy. Or maybe that’s why she was retained in the first place!)

RELATED | Good Wife Bosses Confirm: Alicia Chose [Spoiler]

In addition to Cinemax’s Hunted (which may live on in miniseries form), George’s TV credits include Grey’s Anatomy, Alias and Lie to Me.

The Good Wife kicks off its fifth season on Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9/8c.

Comments (44)

• Great news, but loved her in the Hunted..

Comment by Glen – June 28, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not more characters taking away scenes with the regulars we love.Why?

Comment by Diane Vandrei – June 28, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because it is a tv show and they need guest stars and recurring characters or it would be the same story every freaking week

Comment by Stefan – June 28, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no.

Comment by CONOR SHANAHAN (@ConorShanahan) – June 28, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s a great actress. The Good Wife has the best guest stars.

Comment by Steven – June 28, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU DEAR LORD. Alicia and Will will come back together, eventually.

Comment by Eugenia – June 28, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • From your lips to the Kings’ ears!

Comment by Elyse – June 28, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you guys serious? Can’t you see how much this would hurt Alicia? Do you care about her at all? No, of course not. You only care about willy boy’s happiness!!

Comment by Julie – June 30, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that! Peter and his cheating ways needs to stay far FAR away from Alica. Willicia all the way :)

Comment by Princess – July 1, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All the way!! W/A are so end game!

Comment by TGW Fan – July 26, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! Love her acting (and looks)!

Comment by Hamza – June 28, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is sooooooo annoying.

Comment by Carmen – June 28, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha omg I know right!! I cannot believe she’s going to be on the show. I want Lisa Edelstein to come back! She is awesome.

Comment by TGW Fan – July 26, 2013 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this. I won’t lie, though. I was hoping she would be Kalinda’s new love interest. I still wish she would have stuck around at Grey”s to become Callie’s love interest.

Comment by Babygate – June 28, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated her on Alias (which I now realize is more because of the character than the actress), then realized what an incredible actress she is by watching In Treatment and Triangle. Really excited for this.

Comment by Jason R – June 28, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was also on Charmed. She was a Valkyrie. Hated her then too.

Comment by bobbi – June 28, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And what’s the news about Amanda Peet? I wish they made her a regular. I also wonder what will happen with the new States Attorney. Will we see Kresteva taking office?
    I hope that this Melissa George’s character isn’t going to sleep with Peter. I like Peter and Alicia.
    Also are we forgetting the fact that Alicia plans on leaving L/G for Argos n Associates. So how would Will be ok that? I doubt Will would forgive Alicia and hence even if Melissa George’s character was there to entice Peter this wouldn’t affect a possible Will/Alicia renewal. Just more heartache for Alicia.

Comment by shuayb – June 28, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh noooo, not again! Why oh why do writers think the only thing that’s interesting to watch is adultery?! It’s more challenging and therefor interesting to watch twi people making their marriage work! Want to add more drama -> make them work on it after betrayal, like Peter and Alicia! This show is too good to turn it into some soap where people are together, break up, get together again and break up again!!! :-(

Comment by Caro – June 28, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • maybe since everyone assumes he’ll cheat the twist will be that he won’t

Comment by Cynthia – June 28, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree with you more. there a marriage worth saving especially when there are children. Alicia has everything to lose and nothing to gain with Will. Any way it goes Will won’t lose anything because he has nothing to lose.

Comment by James Butler – June 28, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Peter is a cheating , lying and criminal scumbag. And he acts so self righteous and entitled that i just hope soon Alicia will be smart enough to finally get rid of him. It has nothing to do with Will but everything with her breaking free from this “marriage”. By the way over 80% of men who have cheated will cheat again. Add to that that Peter was a serial cheater and liar i would increase the odds even more upwards.

Comment by Christine – June 29, 2013 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • May I ask about the percentage of how many people will cheat again if they have suffered from serious punishment like 10-month imprisonmnent/ten years sentence in prison, stepdown from public office, and almost loss of everything including their wives kicking out of them and sleeping with other men?
          I do believe people can grow and change, that is why Peter was elected again as State’s Attorney (even governor) bacause the majority of voters trust him.
          By the way, if it is not an adultery for Alicia to sleep with will,it is definetely not any infidelity for Peter to hook up with the in-house councel because they are still seperated, right?

Comment by itmatters – June 29, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Peter is a cheating , lying and criminal scumbag

I actually agree with this, but I find Alicia/Peter infinitely more complex and complicated. I also find Will to be a much better character when he and Alicia aren’t together or trying to be together. I think Alicia knows Peter for exactly who he is, and their union is a messy, political partnership with a bit of love still thrown in. I don’t need The Good Wife to turn into Scandal where a political drama has become hijacked about who is sleeping (or not sleeping) with who because I really don’t care. I’m more interested in the political and personal maneuvers that don’t have to do with the bedroom.

Comment by Andrea – June 29, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ever since Peter lost EVERYTHING he’s been trying to chance and be a better man for his family. He hasn’t shown in one single moment that he would cheat her again. He didn’t slept with anyone even when they were separated! How can you tell hw will cheat again? He sees now how wrong it was of him, and he regrets it. And most important Alicia has forgiven him! I think that’s what really matters, he loves her, he wants to change and she’s giving him another change because she believes in them and because she loves him too!

Comment by Carol – June 30, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s all about the triangle. Again. Yawn.

Comment by Lucy – June 28, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect show for Melissa..I also wanted her to stay in Grey’s, but it wasn’t meant for her, I guess.

Comment by Faisal – June 28, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of this actress.

Comment by Marie – June 28, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either & I’m an Aussie. Didn’t mind Hunted though.

Comment by Bella – June 28, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve only ever seen her on Grey’s Anatomy and I didn’t enjoy her one bit. Hopefully this will be better.

Comment by A – June 28, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, she was bad in Alias, she was terrible in Grey’s (so much so that they got rid of her character pretty soon), so I don’t want to see her in the Good Wife!

Comment by Liz – June 28, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shonda Rhimes wanted her because she was extremely impressed by her Golden Globe-nominated acting in In Treatment. Just to untrue your statement. :)

Comment by Kaan – June 28, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her. Can’t wait. Also looking forward to the next iteration of Hunted.

Comment by Suzanne – June 28, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I like Melissa George.

Comment by Holly – June 28, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give this woman a proper major role already!!

Comment by Kaan – June 28, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is ridiculous. Peter is not stupid, he won’t sleep with some random girl after 5 years trying to prove that he’s changed. This speculation is nonsense, I think the writers can do better.

Comment by Carol – June 28, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a huge fan but maybe I’ll like her better when her character isn’t ruining Alias.

Comment by Andie – June 28, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news… Honestly Peter’s been trying to atone for how many seasons now? I think it makes sense that with the new rush of power becoming governor he may be sick of being reminded of what a rascal he was and just acts as a rascal once again… Come on, wouldn’t that be fun?

Comment by redjane12 – June 29, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is terrible news for me. I’ve disliked Melissa George since her Home and Away days. I tried to watch Hunted, but she was so awful I turned off. This is as bad as the pretty but wooden Michelle Ryan joining Covert Affairs! So disappointing.

Comment by Sarah – June 29, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s only a matter of time before Peter cheats again! Let him hook up with this new character and then have Alicia finally come to her sense and dump his worthless and lying butt! Then maybe we’ll get to see a real relationship between she and Will! I am starting to worry that Good Wife will be like SMASH and tease the relationship to keep viewers but never deliver which is really rotten and leaves a bad taste in your mouth for the network that allows it!

Comment by Lisa – June 30, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s so sad you think like that. You’ll never fully appreciate this amazing show because you choose to be so narrow-minded and can’t understand what character development means…

Comment by Mary – June 30, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife usually has the best guest stars. I hope Carrie Preston shows her face again. Just love her in her role here.

Comment by bobbie – June 30, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, PLEASE don’t have Peter cheat with this new woman . . . I’m really rooting for Peter and Alicia together – I have never liked her with Will. I want the Florick family all together in their old house:)

Comment by Karen – October 20, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She needs some serious vocal therapy sessions. She sounds like she has laryngitis…or is this her attempt to play up the sexy angle to her character?- either way, it’s seriously annoying.
    As far as any potential affair with Peter, this may prove rather difficult since she’s on the verge of vomiting every 5 minutes, or saying she ran out of pop tarts. Sorry, I don’t care how pretty you are, getting thrown up on puts a damper on any man’s hard on, I suspect (or am I wrong?)

Comment by elisacordovar@hotmail.com – November 18, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s such a terrible actress, it’s lowering the quality of the show. They need to take her off!

Comment by Jackie Moran – January 13, 2014 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post