Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on HIMYM, Criminal Minds, Mad Men, Dexter, Psych, True Blood and More!

Get More: Ask Ausiello, Spoilers

How I Met Your Mother Season 9 SpoilersGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I am dying for some scoop on How I Met Your Mother. I’ll take whatever you can give me. —Steph
Ausiello: Rumor has it the ninth and final season premiere is tellingly titled “The Locket,” and will introduce a potentially new female character with ties to… Marshall! Camille, described as an African-American or Latina female in her 30s or 40s, is seated next to Lily’s other half on a flight from Minnesota > NYC. She becomes so annoyed with Marshal’s erratic behavior that a confrontation ensues and they are both escorted off the plane prior to take-off. My question for you guys: Who’s this Camille chick, really, and what does she want with Marshall?

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Final Season Exclusive: [Spoiler]‘s a Series Regular!

Question: Do you know if you’re moderating any Comic-Con panels yet? You always do a great job at moderating. Your interviews at the TVLine suite are also awesome. —Cassidy
Ausiello: Sadly, there will be no moderating for me this year. There’s simply not enough time. My duties roaming the convention floor in a Papa Smurf costume at the TVLine interview suite preclude me from partaking in many extracurricular activities — save, of course, for my annual Aushole gathering (the details of which will be forthcoming and awesome). Speaking of Comic-Con, check out our handy master list of all the TV shows making the trek to San Diego next month. Bookmark it and refresh it at least 32 times a day.

Question: I want a Dexter spoiler in Ask Aussielo today! —John
Ausiello: And you think by butchering the spelling of my name you’re going to get one? [Sigh] Before Dexter signs off for good later this summer, viewers will see a whole new side of Masuka. “He gets visited by his past,” previews his portrayer, C.S. Lee. “It’s a very interesting premise.” Elsewhere, TVLine’s Megan Masters ran into Yvonne Strahovski at last week’s Dexter premiere and lightly grilled her about Hannah’s mysterious return. “Basically, I’m allowed to tease nothing,” the Chuck MVP demurred, before going on to tease pretty much everything. “But the question is, how and in what fashion does Hannah come back? And what method does she use to reintroduce herself into Dexter’s crazy life? And what motivates her? Is it going to be love or revenge?”

Question: I’m curious — will The Originals‘ premiere be a new episode or a reworked version of the planted pilot? –Maki
Ausiello: Those attending the Vampire Diaries spin-off’s San Diego Comic-Con panel will get to see a slightly different cut of the planted pilot, but the Oct. 15 series premiere is very much an all-new episode.

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall TV Preview: Your Complete Guide to What’s New

The PactQuestion: Do you by any chance have any scoop on the upcoming season of Criminal Minds? I’ll take anything! Thanks! —Rachel  L.
Ausiello: To quote Indiana Jones, why did it have to be snakes? In “The Inspiration,” the kickoff to the two-part season opener, our heroes chase down a serial killer whose obsession with his ex results in abduction, torture and murder. Even worse, his day-to-day involves not only the worst mother this side of Norma Bates, but snakes and/or praying mantises (praying mantii?). Bonus Scoop: Minds is casting a “tough as nails” female police sergeant to lead the manhunt for this psychopath.

Question: Any Downton Abbey scoop? —Billy
Ausiello: The Season 4 finale/Christmas special will be “very different” from the tragic Season 3 climax that felled poor Matthew, per exec producer Gareth Neame. “The [Season 1 finale] was really different from the second, and the second one was very different [from the third],” he adds. “What we have planned for this year is a very different scenario.”

RELATED | Downton Abbey Exclusive: Paul Giamatti to Play Cora’s [Spoiler]

Question: Do you think the final shot of this season’s Mad Men finale means that Don is finally going to tell his children the whole truth about who he is? —Aubrey
Ausiello: That’s a tough one; Draper bringing his kids to the cathouse where he was raised is one thing; confessing that he’s essentially a criminal is another. And series creator Matthew Weiner isn’t much help on the topic. He acknowledges that the children’s lack of information on their dad – highlighted by Sally’s family-tree project and the Grandma Ida break-in – “has always been a tension in the show.” He adds, “Even if he tells Megan his secret and Betty knows it and Pete knows it, those children don’t. At what point are they going to ask? And will he ever tell them?” And then, much like his main character, Weiner pulled a Don Draper and clammed up on the subject.

Question: I’m a huge Game of Thrones fan. The highlight of Saturday Night Live‘s season for me was when they did the GoT sketch and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau showed up. Any chance he’ll host in the near future? – Aaron K.
Ausiello: If he does, he won’t go in cold – the actor once hosted a similar sketch comedy show in his native Denmark – but he notes that the Studio 8H experience “was quite something to see” and that he was honored by the Westeros-themed game show skit. “The whole sketch came out of [the writers] being huge fans. They were poking fun at themselves, which was cool.” His one regret? Not surviving the sketch without cracking up at host Zach Galifianakis. “In all the three rehearsals we had before, I didn’t make it through,” Coster-Waldau says, laughing. “And I only had two lines!”

Question: I was wondering if you had anything on Rookie Blue? —Gina
Ausiello: The July 18 episode, titled “Poison Pill,” ranks among Gregory Smith’s all-time favorites. “It’s classic, vintage Dov, trying to think three steps ahead and missing Step 1 and getting himself into a lot of trouble,” Smith tells TVLine. “It’s a really fun storyline and a great episode all around.” Further down the line, the actor promises that the summer sleeper’s two-part finale — the first hour of which he directed — “is going to blow people’s minds.”

AMERICAN HORROR STORY Welcome to Briarcliff -- Episode 201 (Season Premiere, Wednesday, October 17, 10:00 pm e/p) -- Pictured: Lily Rabe as Sister Eunice -- CR: Michael Yarish/FXQuestion: I would love some scoop on American Horror Story: Coven if you have any. With that many talented actresses in the mix, there have to be character details by now! —Kevin
Ausiello: All Lily Rabe would divulge is that her new alter ego is 1) “nothing like Nora or Mary Eunice from the first two seasons,” and 2) she’ll definitely be working with Kathy Bates. (“I’m a big fan of hers,” she raved. “I can’t wait.”) She also dropped this mind-blowing* morsel: “She’s not a nun.”

RELATED | American Horror Story Exclusive: Look Who’s Joining the Coven!

Question: Do you have absolutely anything on Maggie Lawson’s involvement in Season 8 of Psych? So excited for Back in the Game but knowing she might be absent in some episodes makes me both sad and curious to how they are playing it out! —Lyss
Ausiello: As of now, she’s committed to appearing in at least five of Season 8′s 10 episodes — the key words there being “at least.” That number could very well increase, particularly if it turns out to be Psych‘s final season.

Question: So I’m really getting into Mistresses, and went to do a little cast research on IMDb. Well, Alyssa Milano is only listed for six episodes while the rest of the main ladies are listed for 13 episodes. Is she only doing a six-episode stint? —Stephanie
Ausiello: Pshaw… was the sound exec producer Rina Mimoun made when I forwarded her your email. “No, Alyssa’s in all 13,” she quickly wrote back, adding, “We would never deprive the world of more Milano!”

Question: The previews for next week’s Mistresses show Joss in the shower with Alex. Is that a fantasy sequence? Also, after those kitchen scenes, is it weird that I kind of want Joss to hook up with her hot brother-in-law? – Marnie
Ausiello: Let me put it this way: Joss’ bathroom isn’t filling up with steam all by itself next Monday. In other words, the Joss-Alex pas de deux is real — and it’s spectacular for both parties. As for the second (and deeply twisted) half of your question, sometimes a giant cucumber is just a giant cucumber. (Except for when Joss is using it to make suggestive gestures at Harry.)

Question: Do you have any Drop Dead Diva scoop on my favorite lawyer non-couple Jane/Deb and Grayson? —Tiffany
Ausiello: Series creator Josh Berman says the truth about Jane/Deb is fast becoming a moot point for the still-in-the-dark Grayson. “I don’t know if he even cares anymore that Jane is Deb in the sense that I think he’s falling for Jane as Jane, not Jane as Deb,” notes DDD‘s boss. “That being said, there may be some twists and turns coming up that will shock him.” Also, if you liked last Sunday’s premiere then you’re going to love this week’s second episode, which brings the Old Jane-New Jane rivalry to a head. “It’s my favorite episode I’ve ever written and maybe one of the best ones we’ve ever executed,” declares Berman. “They actually have to work together to save someone’s life. It’s so fun watching the body swapping at its best with these two people. Two souls that really have nothing in common except that they have each been in the same body. Watching them interact is so much fun.”

true bloodQuestion: Two episodes into True Blood‘s new season, and there’s no sign of Anna Camp’s Sarah Newlin. What gives? —Jonathan
Ausiello:
The bitch is back this Sunday and has a “very tense” reunion with her estranged gay vampire ex Steve, teases his portrayer Michael McMillian, who says viewers “will get some insight into what happened in their marriage during Seasons 3 and 4… They have some unfinished business.” Bonus Scoop: Back on June 6, Camp tweeted from the True Blood set that she was in the midst of the “craziest day of work I’ve ever had… and I projectile vomited in Pitch Perfect.” Well, I hear things got so nuts that the actress ended up in the hospital with a bruised noggin! It was just a precaution and she’s totally fine, but still… Makes me wonder what the hell was going on.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Kim Roots)

* Some adjectives in Ask Ausiello may be included for dramatic effect and have no bearing on reality.

Comments (47)

• Also to note that according to TedonTV via Twitter, the count is still officially eight episodes for Psych with the five scripts ordered. I haven’t seen anything updated since his comments. Hopefully Maggie appears in more. I don’t want season eight to be Psych’s last, but I also want it to end on a high note too. I’m so conflicted.

Comment by Esaul – June 25, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now I feel silly for not reading the word potential above. My apologies Ausiello for thinking I could make a correction to your wisdom. :P

Comment by Esaul – June 25, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha! And don’t forget…Viewers will get to choose the storyline of one of the two bonus episodes from three options at USANetwork.com. Voting closes on July 12 and the winning plot will be announced the following week at Comic-Con.

Comment by Pickle8182 – June 25, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds is still on the air???

Comment by TW – June 25, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes everyone who had to renew contracts signed.

Comment by Kristen Thornton – June 25, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s no reason to cancel the show right now. It still brings in good numbers for the network, and as Kristen stated, all cast members renewed their contracts.

Comment by Esaul – June 25, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • still no bunheads news?

Comment by andrew – June 25, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly no. I believe I read via Ausiello that ABC Family is waiting to see how their summer shows perform first. Pretty much it’s still a wait and see. :\ Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they canceled The Lying Game/Twisted. They have too many shows of that variety. Bunheads definitely adds a guilty-pleasure watch and brings in that Gilmore Girl feel that I’ve missed. I’m pulling for this show (even though i still need to finish season one).

Comment by Esaul – June 25, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I don’t think Twisted is going to make it. But The Lying Game might get one more season. Maybe. As long as they keep Switched at Birth on I’m happy. Add in Bunheads and The Fosters and that’s a strong trifecta

Comment by mia – June 25, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I have read that on July 15th abcfamily will make an announcement regarding at least the lying game, not sure about bunheads though

Comment by sara – June 25, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I am getting fed up with prerty little liars. I looove the lying game. Hope it returms after such a cliffhanger.

Comment by lorna – June 25, 2013 09:14 PM PDT
  • I am Canadian and I now have a new cable supplier. Except that I HAVE to choose which cable stations I want. As far as you’re concerned, which one are the best cable stations. II love police dramas … police dramas … and police dramas. Also, reruns of previously seen programs (NCIS, Monk, all the Law and Order, etc.) Can you help me choose?

Comment by Lucie – June 25, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I suggest watching reruns online. I think Netflix has all of Monk. USA does have good reruns. I know I watched all of Monk on reruns there, but they also have new episodes of Burn Notice, Psych, White Collar, Covert Affairs and Graceland.

I know this is a renewal list, but it has the names of many tv shows currently airing.

Comment by GTS – June 25, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can get everything on Bell that you want except FX – that’s only available on Rogers, which is super annoying. And the Bell packages are decent and reasonably well organized now. I get all the US cable channels (except FX obviously) and our awesome Canadian ones (Space, Showcase, ect). Does that answer your question?

Comment by mia – June 25, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like being a Rogers subscriber because of FX (I also get every other channel I want). I don’t think I could give up American Horror Story and The Americans.

Comment by dude – June 25, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal minds seems like its jumping straight into the swing of things and the two parters usually are awesome, can’t wait for season 9!

Comment by Beth – June 25, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome back Mike, I know Matt had us busy last week, but other than Lauren not coming back(YET), hope you got something juicy Grey’s 200th episode next time.:)

Comment by Faisal – June 25, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since when is ’15′ 2 dozen spoilers?

Comment by CONOR SHANAHAN (@ConorShanahan) – June 25, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sub-Spoilers! Bonus Scoop! Two spoilers in one question.

Comment by GTS – June 25, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At any stretch of the imagination that makes it 19 at most! I want my 5 extra spoilers as promised.

Comment by CONOR SHANAHAN (@ConorShanahan) – June 25, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Here are 5 fake spoilers so nobody feels jilted: 1) Castle – Beckett tries to say yes but Kanye West busts in saying “Imma let you finish, I just wanted to say that Chandler/Monica on Friends was the greatest proposal of all time!” ……2) Revenge – Amanda is actually secretly Liam Neeson character’s daughter and will be kidnapped in Taken 3 (because if his first daughter goes missing again, that would just be silly)……. 3) How I Met Your Mother – the old show will spin off into a series that combines the old show with 24 where we see Ted and the mother in the week post-wedding, real time, trying to travel around the world and accidentally ending up in their own version of Locked Up Abroad……. 4) Cops – someone will answer the door wearing pants and not a wife beater. *sub-spoiler* That person will not be Michael Lohan……. 5) Bunheads has been renewed. Less a fake spoiler and more like wish fulfillment.

Comment by scooby – June 25, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOVED the “Cops” one *Snickers*.
            The “Castle” one was cute, too.

Comment by Angela – June 25, 2013 06:39 PM PDT
  • Where will NCIS, NCIS: LA, SVU, and Two and a Half Men pick up their Fall seasons?

Also, how will Anger Management address Selma Blair’s departure on-screen?

Comment by Steven Cohen – June 25, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS NCIS LA 9-24-13

Comment by Jan Beckett – June 25, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ausiello use a question from the comments here.

Comment by Lauren – June 25, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the HIMYM spoiler, that was really interesting.
    How sure are you about “The Locket” being the title of the season premiere though?

Comment by Babar – June 25, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah it’s been confirmed, they’ve also confirmed some more episode names aswell, they’re listed on the How I met your mother season 9 Wikipedia page :)

Comment by Ruby – September 11, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regina King for Camille on How I Met Your Mother.

Comment by Steven – June 25, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My question is for the 5 extra scripts ordered for psych. I’ve been reading that the season is still for just 8 episodes, but when will we know if we actually get those 5 extra scripts? Also, The cast was all tweeting from set just last week, So Maggie was there last week, I know. I want scoop on that heartbreaking scene they talked about!

Comment by Amber – June 25, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We can find out pretty much at any given time. My gut says that the show will get the extra five scripts ordered, especially if this is indeed the last season. Psych-O’s are among the most passionate fans for USA Network. TVLine will definitely give us an update too if those five are indeed picked up. And with the five other scripts for Maggie, it all depends on her flexibility now that she’s in another show. I don’t know if it’s a fall or midseason though. I lost track. If the travel isn’t too crazy, I wouldn’t imagine any difficulty from ABC allowing her to film those other episodes. We’ll have to wait and see :)

Comment by Esaul – June 25, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad spoilers! No Covert Affairs, Supernatural, Mentalist, Once, Castle… Bad Ausiello!

Comment by Joyce – June 25, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then Ask Ausiello. He answers.

Comment by Austin – June 25, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder what they’re going to do with Juliet? Pregnancy maybe? That could explain why she doesn’t work? It would be weird seeing Lassie work with anyone else…That would stick out for me more than any new love interest for Shawn.

Comment by Josh – June 25, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t think of the possibility that this might be the last season for Psych. I even watch the reruns on ION every weekend. I miss Monk too. Please don’t take Psych too.

Comment by Dawn – June 25, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sure would love to see Pysch’s next season extended! What a great show -they seemed to have found their original formula for entertaining us, those last handful of episodes,this past season. (The show got a little “rude and crude” for part of last season.) This is one of the few truly fun and smart shows on TV.

Comment by Susan – June 25, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So that “Criminal Minds” season opener sounds…bizarre and crazy. I officially feel for all people out there who have a fear of snakes :p.
    Look forward to the show returning, though, nice to get some early scoop on the next season already!

Comment by Angela – June 25, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How are they going to write Juliet out? Pregnancy is the only thing I could think of that would have her not working… Because they can’t break up Shules…

Comment by Babybop – June 25, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gary Carr a British actor who is currently a co-star on the BBC’s Death in Paradise is reporting on his twitter feed that he just finished filming for Downtown. He is playing a musican who gets involved with the family.

Comment by Shar – June 25, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why am I not seeing the Psych info?

Comment by Pickle8182 – June 25, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t suppose that “reworked planted pilot” for The Originals will involve completely axing the baby storyline, will it? I guess I can always keep my fingers crossed…

Comment by downwithvampirebabies – June 25, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I agree the baby storyline is crazy, Julie said in an interview that there was a reason for it and I believe that we would learn more about why. So it’s possible that it will make sense in the long wrong, well not sense but still. Besides, I doubt the baby will actually be born.

Comment by cas – June 26, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • still no scoop on the upcoming season of the office, i see.

Comment by JB Smooove – June 26, 2013 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey Smoove…you still on Curb with Larry David?

Comment by RichieS – June 26, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Makes me wonder what the hell [is] going on.” – what i think about true blood basically all the time. lol.

Comment by cjeffery7 – June 26, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is a odd question, but I really enjoyed the return of Beavis & Butt-head on MTV. I thought it did well but never heard if there was going to be a followup season…any insight?

Comment by Justin Schoenrock – June 27, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On true blood, rumor is someone gets killed off and the cast cried when the character died.is it one of the original cast members, eric? I hope not or they will lose a lot of Eric fans.

Comment by jj – June 29, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any spoilers on what’s going to happen with the gang on burn notice? Who is Michael going to see that he thought he’d never lay eyes on again?

Comment by Kat – August 18, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post