Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Premiere Dates: The CW Once Again Opens Its Season in October

Fall TV Schedule The CWFor a second year running, The CW is launching its fall TV season in October, opening with Hart of Dixie and its relocated Beauty and the Beast, then finishing things up at the end of the month with its fashionable Friday combo of Carrie Bradshaw and Tyra Banks.

The CW is the third network to show their hand, following CBS and NBC.

PHOTOS | Fall TV: Your Guide to What’s New!

On tap for late fall/midseason: The final, shortened season of Nikita plus the new dramas Star-Crossed and The 100.

All told, The CW’s roll-out plan looks like this:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 7
8 pm Hart of Dixie
9 pm Beauty and the Beast

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9
8 pm Arrow
9 pm THE TOMORROW PEOPLE (new series)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm REIGN (new series)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15
8 pm THE ORIGINALS (new series)
9 pm Supernatural

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25
8 pm The Carrie Diaries
9 pm America’s Next Top Model: Guys and Girls (season will have premiered Aug. 2)

Which CW premiere are you most counting the days until?

Tags:

Comments (68)

• i’m curious as to why the opted not to put the originals with the vampire diaries. i would imagine most of the people watching the former are fans of the latter…

Comment by keri – June 24, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that maybe they are hoping TVD will give this new series a boost, because we all know that has worked in the past. Also, I am guessing they are thinking The Originals will already have a fan base and won’t need to build one.

Comment by cas – June 24, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, probably. Also, they may be hoping that The Originals will bring in fans from the Supernatural fan base as well as TVD since they are both wildly popular.

Comment by Kirsty – June 24, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think because there is already quite a large fan base for the characters in The Originals coming over from TVD, they feel the show can hold it’s own, and thus are giving perhaps one of their weaker new shows (Reign) a solid lead in with one of their strongest shows, TVD. This schedule makes me think The CW expect good ratings from the get go with The Originals.

Comment by katy917 – June 24, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they’ll be disappointed. I don’t think the Originals will have that good of ratings from the start.

Comment by Melinda – June 24, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If they due a crossover ep they can dominate ratings for two days instead of one.

Comment by Lindsey – June 24, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I’m dropping TVD now that the Originals have left. IMO, they were the best part of TVD and without them I just can’t take all that moping and that shriek that Nina Dobrev does when she cries. That being said, I’m kind of into The Originals being paired with Supernatural. This may be the first time, since the days of Buffy/Angel, that I’m going to be watching The CW (which was the WB back then) for a solid two hour block. I think the CW has a few shows that look interesting this year!

Comment by Ari – June 25, 2013 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Late start for the Originals. Weird they should gather audience before SHIELD!

Can’t wait for VD,Reign and TP to start!

Comment by Maki – June 24, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They pushed the Originals back a week because of SHIELD’s massive promotion. I assume some people will sample it, not like it and watch the Originals instead.

Comment by lll – June 24, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I kinda thought it was because they wanted to wrap up the stories in TVD first on the Tuesday, Rebekah was last seen heading off to Europe with Matt etc – if they started the Originals before TVD they wouldn’t get the chance to wrap things up properly – there are ways around this and this is purely speculation on my part, it just makes sense, kinda like when buffy and angel aired at the same time, occasionally the odd story from one would flow into the other.

Comment by katy917 – June 24, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • uhh U’re right. that’s probably the reason. I’m just curios if we will get a new ep or the redone Pilot. Cause in the new preview there are screenshots of the little which captured which we didn’t see in the Pilot.

Comment by Maki – June 24, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I think if people don’t like it they’ll watch NCIS instead. I don’t think the Originals is going to premiere to that good of ratings.

Comment by Rachel – June 24, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Nikita :(

Comment by Jay – June 24, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita will be a mid-season. I am thinking after top model ends.

Comment by Jacqi – June 24, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Late in the fall” is what the CW prez told me.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 24, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be okay with the late start if the cw didnt take so many week long breaks for their shoes.

Comment by dean – June 24, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am mostly looking forward to Hart of Dixie. Can’t wait for season 3 :-)

Comment by lola – June 24, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they leave the Originals off the Thursday line up. I have too many things as it is to record. Any other day is fine.

Comment by Nan – June 24, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Originals come on Tuesdays. Reign joins Vampire Diaries on Thursdays.

Comment by lll – June 24, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wednesday nights = TEAM AMELL

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 24, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • October 15………..sigh….they are trying to kill me

Comment by Michelle – June 24, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural! I don’t know if I can make it to October 15th without Dean!!!

Comment by Shannon – June 24, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know how you feel. October is bad enough, but why not the 8th instead of the 15th. They must like to see us Supernatural fans suffer….

Comment by elr – June 25, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Strange that The Originals and The Vampire Diaries aren’t on the same night

Comment by Kayla – June 24, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • October?!This network used to beat everyone else to the punch and begin in early September!!

Comment by Shaun – June 24, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They did that so they didn’t have to take a break before November Sweeps and take one break for the holiday season and start fresh in mid-January through February Sweeps.

Comment by Eric7740 – June 24, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But by doing so the network faced the issue of infinite repeats. They don’t have strong rated shows that do well in repeats. Even when NCIS or TBBT airs repeats it brings in good numbers. I’m not trying to compare the two networks, it’s just an example. CW does better when they have consists new episodes, so more I’d that and less repeats the better. They already save a a couple of weeks of repeats by doing this.

Comment by Esaul – June 24, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That caused too many hiatueses and reruns and Pedowitz wanted less of that, more original programming after fans complained about how many /how long hiatueses of the shows.He also said last year that when CW started early, people would abonden the shows to check out other networks new shows.So he wanted to stop that, so for those reasons, CW starts fall in Oct.

Comment by Brandy – June 24, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD and Heart of Dixie

Comment by Natalia Cristea – June 24, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Supernatural until October 15th! I need it now! Guess I’ll just have to go back and rewatch the first 8 seasons again.

Comment by Jane – June 24, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show I really care about is not on the list. I’m looking forward to watching the final season of Nikita but, maybe, “maybe”, I’ll take a look at The Tomorrow People while I wait for The CW to air it.

Comment by Nerdbot – June 24, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to The Tomorrow People. I used to watch the British series on Nickelodeon when I was a girl. I wonder if they’ll use the same song? It was written by the woman who wrote the original Doctor Who song.

Comment by Sha – June 24, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow, The Tomorrow People, and The Carrie Diaries

Comment by Kristi – June 24, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh we have to wait til October 15th for Supernatural? dislike.

Comment by kate – June 24, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited!

Comment by Lisa E – June 24, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for VD,Originals,Reign,Carrie Diaries,Beauty & the Beast ,Hart of Dixie!Hope they also announce CD and BatB DVD release soon.

Comment by Brandy – June 24, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree about the DVD releases. I’m all prepared to order my BATB bluray season whenever its available.
      …..Though I’d also love them to finally put Hellcats out. Like omg!

Comment by mia – June 24, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree about Hellcats

Comment by Brandy – June 25, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by D – June 24, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “ARROW”!!!
    And for the love of Christ- “Vampire Diaries” is still on-? Ugh.

Comment by Venkman007 – June 24, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh yourself, it’s the network’s highest rated show. They’re not getting rid of it anytime soon.

Comment by Brooke – June 24, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still can’t believe the renewed The Carrie Diaries. hat show is total garbage, which the ratings prove.

Comment by Adam – June 24, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8 pm THE ORIGINALS same time as the SHIELD and NCIS lol Epic fail

Comment by George Kon – June 24, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals is going to be annihilated by NCIS and SHIELD.

Comment by Dave – June 24, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the CW, they get annihilated by everything but somehow manage to keep on ticking.

Comment by Brooke – June 24, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing ill be watching on the cw this season is arrow just like last season!

Comment by Shows – June 24, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a good show. Very good.

Comment by SAM – June 24, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arrow is an excellent show with great action scenes. Excited for Season 2.

Comment by Brenna – June 25, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow Supernatural and The tomorrow People

Comment by Chris – June 24, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m liking that Wednesday night lineup

Comment by meatwad – June 24, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    I’ll mark it on my calendars. Arrow, TVD, Supernatural and the new shows like “The Originals” is what I’m going in for.

Comment by Justin Burnell – June 24, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So long to wait for more Beauty and the Beast + Hart of Dixie. But the strategy worked well last season so its smart for them to repeat it. And anything that gets me more of my favourite shows, I’m happy to wait!!!

Comment by mia – June 24, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So long to wait for Felicity! But I have the S1 episodes she’s in so that’ll have to keep me warm until October 9.

Comment by Georgia Madman – June 25, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, Arrow, Tomorrow People and Reign.

Comment by Danielle's frenemy. – June 24, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m only interested in Supernatural and The Tomorrow People.

Comment by Carrie – June 24, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So When Is Nikita S4 On TV?

Comment by Nicki – June 24, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Top Model was premiering on August 2nd with the new Guy/Girl cycle. Did I make that up? Or is this another cycle?

Comment by Jacob Todd Gallagher (@JToddGallagher) – June 24, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though the only one of these I watch is Arrow (post-winter S1 of HoD was a casualty of a too full DVR :( ), if I were in charge of programming, I would have done it like so:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 7
    8 pm Hart of Dixie
    9 pm REIGN (new series)
    [pairing the "strong female lead"/"real life" shows, letting HoD be the lead-in to the new show, hoping Reign holds HoD viewers]

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9
    8 pm Arrow
    9 pm Beauty and the Beast
    [pairing the "crime" shows]

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10
    8 pm The Vampire Diaries
    9 pm THE ORIGINALS (new series)
    [Duh.]

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15
    8 pm Supernatural
    9 pm THE TOMORROW PEOPLE (new series)
    [pairing the sci-fi/fantasy shows, hoping that Supernatural's rabid fanbase will enjoy a similar(-ish) show]

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25
    8 pm The Carrie Diaries
    9 pm America’s Next Top Model: Guys and Girls
    [kept the same, pairing the "fashion shows"]

Comment by Ryan – June 24, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like your pairings but they probably wanted to shake things up more.

Comment by elr – June 25, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa – June 25, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for Supernatural, TVD, Tomorrow People, Originals and Carrie Diaries (surprisingly good).

Comment by John – June 25, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do we know when Star-Crossed will start? Its a new show for the CW. Mid-Season?

Comment by Jacqi – July 7, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As it says above: “On tap for late fall/midseason: The final, shortened season of Nikita plus the new dramas Star-Crossed and The 100.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – July 7, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Hart of Dixie can’t wait, got AB starting this season going be off the hook I have my DVR for that show

Comment by Tim – July 24, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though Nikita is not in the fall schedule, I reserved the last football game just for them, since they will be seniors.

Comment by Angel – July 26, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tvd, reign,tomorrow people,hod,batb, the originals. with they didnt cancel cult or hellcats, or the secret circle though

Comment by Hannah – July 30, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watch the CW for one thing!! Supernatural. Everything else is garbage. I loved sex and the city. But the Carrie diary’s is so awful I want to choke myself LOL!!!

Comment by scottyjames – September 2, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO TRUE
      I love Supernatural,
      Can’t Wait for the 15th! I hope we have quite a few more seasons to come!

Comment by Jenna – September 4, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post