Exclusive

Exclusive: Suits Books Rescue Me Alum as Harvey's Beloved [Spoiler] in Season 3

Suits James McCaffrey Harvey's FatherSome very important male bonding is about to take place on Suits.

Rescue Me vet James McCaffrey has been cast as Harvey’s dad Gordon Specter in an upcoming Season 3 episode, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Suits Season 3 Casts Game of Thrones‘ Michelle Fairley

The beloved patriarch appears in a flashback hour, airing Aug. 20, in which his advice helps Harvey decide whether to stay at the DA’s office or return to work for Jessica.

McCaffrey’s credits also include ABC Family’s Beautiful People and a short Season 1 Revenge arc (as David Clarke’s lawyer).

Suits returns on Tuesday, July 16 at 10/9c.

1. Josh says:

Wonder when we’re going to see his brother. They keep making him sound so important to Harvey and for what I know he is alive, isn’t he? I think he’d explain a lot about Harvey’s relationship with Mike.

2. Casey says:

I’m smiling like an idiot. I’m so excited. I loved him on Rescue Me, and I can’t wait to see him on Suits. :D

3. Maybe I am over estimating or underestimating their ages, but they seem too close in age for me.

• Margaret says:

I thought the same thing, until I realized that it’s a flashback hour so the age difference isn’t as big of a deal. I’m super excited for this pairing, both such great actors!

• pat says:

McCaffery was born in 1959 and Macht was born in 1972…so only 13 years difference. However in my opinion McCaffery certainly looks a lot older.

• jb says:

It’s about a 10-years-back flashback, isn’t it? I don’t know the actors’ or characters’ actual ages, but if you regressed Harvey 10 years or so, it might work out. Plus actors often play out of their age range. I guess the believability will depend on how young they can make Gabriel Macht look in the flashbacks.

4. Joey says:

I’m glad they casted Harvey’s father. I can’t wait to see the episode.

5. George says:

It’s Payne

6. sparky says:

Love this show….can’t wait until July 16!!!!

7. Bob Jones says: