Exclusive: Suits Books Rescue Me Alum as Harvey's Beloved [Spoiler] in Season 3

Suits James McCaffrey Harvey's FatherSome very important male bonding is about to take place on Suits.

Rescue Me vet James McCaffrey has been cast as Harvey’s dad Gordon Specter in an upcoming Season 3 episode, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Suits Season 3 Casts Game of Thrones‘ Michelle Fairley

The beloved patriarch appears in a flashback hour, airing Aug. 20, in which his advice helps Harvey decide whether to stay at the DA’s office or return to work for Jessica.

McCaffrey’s credits also include ABC Family’s Beautiful People and a short Season 1 Revenge arc (as David Clarke’s lawyer).

Suits returns on Tuesday, July 16 at 10/9c.

Comments (12)

• Wonder when we’re going to see his brother. They keep making him sound so important to Harvey and for what I know he is alive, isn’t he? I think he’d explain a lot about Harvey’s relationship with Mike.

Comment by Josh – June 24, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m smiling like an idiot. I’m so excited. I loved him on Rescue Me, and I can’t wait to see him on Suits. :D

Comment by Casey – June 24, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I am over estimating or underestimating their ages, but they seem too close in age for me.

Comment by Scooter Smith (@scoboot) – June 24, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing, until I realized that it’s a flashback hour so the age difference isn’t as big of a deal. I’m super excited for this pairing, both such great actors!

Comment by Margaret – June 24, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • McCaffery was born in 1959 and Macht was born in 1972…so only 13 years difference. However in my opinion McCaffery certainly looks a lot older.

Comment by pat – June 24, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s about a 10-years-back flashback, isn’t it? I don’t know the actors’ or characters’ actual ages, but if you regressed Harvey 10 years or so, it might work out. Plus actors often play out of their age range. I guess the believability will depend on how young they can make Gabriel Macht look in the flashbacks.

Comment by jb – June 24, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stockard Channing was 34 when she played Rizzo in Grease.

Comment by JCK – June 24, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Goodness how I love Stockard Channing. But everyone in Grease looked like an adult. The oldest looking high schoolers ever. Lol.

Comment by mia – June 24, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they casted Harvey’s father. I can’t wait to see the episode.

Comment by Joey – June 24, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Payne

Comment by George – June 24, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show….can’t wait until July 16!!!!

Comment by sparky – June 24, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post