Fall TV: NBC Premiere Dates for The Voice, Parks and Rec in London; Grimm Returns Late October

Fall TV Premiere Dates NBCFriday might’ve been the first day of summer, but NBC was already thinking fall when it announced its premiere dates for the 2013-14 TV season.

The fun officially begins Monday, Sept. 23 with the two-hour premiere of The Voice — which welcomes back Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green — at 8/7c.

James Spader’s new crime drama The Blacklist follows The Voice‘s return at 10.

RELATED | Your Complete Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

The week that follows includes the return of favorites Chicago Fire, Law & Order: SVU and Parenthood and an hour-long, shot-in-London episode of Parks and Recreation on Sept. 26. (Michael J. Fox’s eponymous comedy has its double-episode debut immediately after.)

The Peacock Net is holding Grimm‘s Season 3 premiere until Friday, Oct. 25, when it will warm up the evening for the fangtastic new Dracula, starring Jonathan Ryhs Meyers (The Tudors).

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All That’s New for 2013-14

On tap for midseason and as yet unscheduled, you have the comedies Community, About a Boy (Tuesdays @ 9), Growing Up Fisher (Tuesdays @ 8:30) and Undateable. On the drama side, there’s Season 2 of Hannibal, J.J. Abrams’ Believe (Sundays @ 9), the conspiracy thriller Crisis (Sundays @ 10), pirate drama Crossbones (Fridays @ 10), the Chicago Fire spin-off Chicago PD and The Night Shift; and the reality series Food Fighters and the returning Sing-Off.

All told, it looks like this:

MONDAY, SEPT. 23
8 pm The Voice (two hours)
10 pm THE BLACKLIST (new series)

TUESDAY, SEPT. 24
8 pm TBD
9 pm The Voice (Tuesday premiere)
10 pm Chicago Fire

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 25
8 pm Revolution
9 pm Law & Order: SVU (two hours)

THURSDAY, SEPT. 26
8 pm Parks and Recreation (hour-long)
9 pm THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW (new series, double-episode premiere)
10 pm Parenthood

FRIDAY, SEPT. 27
9 pm Dateline (two-hour premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 2
10 pm IRONSIDE (new series)

THURSDAY, OCT. 3
8:30 pm WELCOME TO THE FAMILY (new series)
9 pm SEAN SAVES THE WORLD (new series)
9:30 pm The Michael J. Fox Show (regular time slot premiere)

TUESDAY, OCT. 8
8 pm The Biggest Loser

FRIDAY, OCT. 25
8 pm Dateline (regular time slot premiere)
9 pm Grimm
10 pm DRACULA (new series)

1. Esaul says:

Wonder how some of the shows will do now that NBC doesn’t have the Summer Olympics as a launching pad. But I mean, it’s not like it helped them anyway.

• The Summer Olympics was last year but the “winter” Olympics will happen in February 2014.

• Esaul says:

I know the Summer Olympics were last year. That’s why I made the comment. The winter Olympics probably won’t do much for the network. I could be run, but a lot of the time it’s the fall shows that tend to survive the chopping block more than the mid-season premieres. Not saying this is true for every show (hence The Following, Hannibal, etc.). What the Winter Olympics will do however is the transition for Leno’s exit, and Jimmy’s premiere for his new show along with Late Night with Seth Meyers.

• Elyse says:

unfortunately Esaul I think you are 100% right. having the Olympics as a lead in didn’t seem to help last Falls NBC shows at all! I still can’t believe how many shows NBC canceled.

• Dave says:

Wasn’t NBC the #1 network last fall? Maybe that was due to the Olympics. It wasn’t until midseason when NBC took a nose-dive.

• Esaul says:

But look at how many shows were canceled/renewed.

• Austin says:

It was. The Olympics gave it a boost, but they didn’t have funny shows last year and their returning shows were barely advertised for except The Voice. Does anyone even remember 30 Rock had their last season last fall?

2. scorpionglow says:

Can’t The Voice take a break?! I am a religious watcher of this show, but they lost me about 6 weeks before the end of the season. I never bothered to catch up and clearly I didn’t miss anything because I do not believe the winner deserved to win. How is she so much more talented than Judith Hill or other stellar performers?! It irritates me almost as much as the season 2 winner who did not deserve to win in my opinion. Very disappointing.
    I am looking forward to the premiere of Dracula and Jonathan Rhys Meyers back on TV.

3. Elizabeth says:

What is Parks and Recreation doing in London?

• Dave says:

geting ready to do some lame ass stereo typical jokes about marry poppins and warm beer i would guess. Paid by the network to have a holiday in London. Would you say no to it ?

• Guy says:

Sorry Dave, but Parks and Rec doesn’t do lame stereotypical jokes. They leave that to the sitcoms on CBS.

• Dave says:

There in London for a one off special show…..a comedy show….and you dont think they want do even ONE stereotypical joke ? ………………….Much as i love this show you know that they will. Hey ill donate 500 dollars to the american red cross if they dont you willing to back up your words ?

4. Steven Cohen says:

In which week will SVU premiere? Traditional premiere week (last week of September) or the following week (first week of October)? Also, is this currently scheduled to be a multi-hour premiere?

5. The Blacklist is one of the new NBC shows I’m looking forward to as does The Michael J. Fox Show. Can’t wait for the return of three hit drama series like Chicago Fire, Parenthood and a little show called Revolution. I’ll wait in a matter of months on when Believe and Crisis will air after Sunday Night Football is over. The same thing goes for Community.

6. Carolyn says:

When does Revolution start? It’s bad enough we have to wait until October from Grimm; I hope we don’t have to wait long for Revolution, too.

7. Leondre says:

Will the Voice be two hours on September 24 too?

8. Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Investigating…. The press release was… “unusual”…. Stay tuned.

9. kavyn says:

All I care for is the MJF show and P&R. I wish Community premiered in the Fall as well.

10. alex jones says:

ugh, why does the grimm premiere have to be so late?

• Spitey Spice says:

This. NBC does some really dumb stuff with their delayed programming. We had a super long hiatus this year (because they premiered it back in August after the Olympics) and now we have another very long wait.

• Austin says:

This is actually good news in my opinion because there will be less breaks during the TV season.

• jill says:

I agree. We had the super long hiatus last year because it started too early. I’ll take October if it means fewer breaks.

11. matt says:

Why do sorry shows get 2 hour premieres? Give me something good!

12. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

Time to place your cancellation bets.

I give Sean Saves the World 3 episodes before it’s cut and Dracula gets canceled after the first week. I’m a little unsure about Welcome to the Family, it’ll probably get a maximum of 7 episodes before cancellation.

• julio says:

I think welcome to the family wil be the first to get cancelled, then sean saves the world. unfortunately with the death slot parks and rec was given this might be its last year and i dont think community will be given a 6th year. I want dracula to suceed though.

13. Joey says:

Happy Parks and Rec will have an hour long season premiere. I can’t wait to see it.

14. Spencer says:

So happy Parks is getting one hour. I can only begin to wonder why they’re filming in London!

15. JB Smooove says:

It hurts not seeing The Office on the schedule. =/

16. Bill78 says:

If you think Steven`s story is really cool,, two weaks-ago mom in law also recieved a check for $4229 just sitting there from there house and the’re buddy’s step-mother`s neighbour done this for 9-months and earnt over $4229 part-time at their computer. the advice from this website…….. Cat48. ℂom

17. H.Houston says:

Grimm not returning until the end of October is a PIA. They messed with their schedule last year and it was annoying as well. And after looking at this… I only watch ONE show on the entire network. Wow. CBS has me for 6 shows. Other cable networks (TNT, USA, Bravo) have me for 10. ABC has me for 4.

18. Grimm is pretty much all I care about on NBC. Love that show!

19. Mj McKnight says:

Yay, Grimm is back on Fridays!

20. DEREK W. NEWELL says:

PLEASE, BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER.

21. I am soo excited about the season premiere of the voice chicago fire law and order svu revolution grimm dracula sean saves the world and the Michael j fox show

22. Brittney says:

I can’t for Revolution to come back on!!! It’s a show that my husband and I both can watch together and that we both love!!!

23. Andrew D says:

NBC… you are the absolute worst now at keeping things consistent. Remember when it used to be “Thursdays” all the best shows were on? Now you cancel everything that requires a brain to watch, and bury the things people are most interested in. Pick a damn lane… either program for the brain dead under 25 crowd, or program for people that actually stay home and watch TV. I actually always hate when I find out NBC or FOX are the ones broadcasting a show I like… it means certain doom cuz neither station can get out of its own way and have the brain dead running their networks.

Please please please NBC.. stop producing shows to just cancel or bury them. Fire the entire board… no wonder nobody watches you anymore… you have so lost touch… no wonder you border on Bankruptcy which forces you to cancel any show that is successful before you have to negotiate new contracts for that show… cuz you have no money!!!!!!!

Once this catches on, you will go under… it’s a sad day when the CW has better shows than you do…lol