The Voice Season 4 Finale Recap: They're All Stars Tonight [Updated]

The Voice Season 4 Finale RecapIf I were back in Catholic grade school, I suspect Sister Mary Rita would’ve kept me after class and sentenced me to a half hour at the chalkboard this afternoon, writing: “It does not matter who wins Season 4 of The Voice. It does not matter who wins Season 4 of The Voice. It does not matter who wins Season 4 of The Voice.”

And Sister Rita, smart cookie that she was, would’ve had a point. After Monday night’s Live Finals, the Top 3 acts — Michelle Chamuel, Danielle Bradbery and The Swon Brothers — all managed to land two songs apiece in the iTunes Top 10 Singles chart. And that’s all the proof that’s needed to know that with a little hard work (and some top-notch material) (and the enthusiastic fiscal support of a major label against the shark-eyed stare of corporate radio) any or all of ‘em has a legit chance to be the first breakout success from NBC’s (still very young) reality singing competition.

RELATED | The Voice: Season 4′s 25 Best Performances!

[Side note: It’s worth noting, as we discuss The Voice‘s hitmaking potential, that Season 1’s relentlessly industrious Vicci Martinez has managed a fairly sizeable hit with her kickin’ single, “Come Along.” So booyah to that! And yes, I said “booyah,” even if I’m not entirely sure why.]

But of course, from a different perspective — the perspective of those of us who’ve invested every Monday and Tuesday (and the occasional Wednesday) night since mid-March obsessing over every last song choice, glory note and lyrical interpretation by the members of Teams Blake, Adam, Usher and Shakira — it actually did matter who won Season 4 of The Voice.

RELATED | The Voice‘s Sarah Simmons on Rolling Stones & Gotye Covers, Soundtrack Dreams and More!

The good news, though, was that no matter your allegiance, the two-hour spectacle that padded what was essentially Carson Daly’s 20-second results announcement proved undeniably, joyously entertaining.

A dozen mostly top-notch performances led into the final results announcement of the season. Shall we cut to the action? Let’s!

Pitbull and Christina Aguilera (featuring a boatload of confetti): “Feel This Moment” | I always like when Xtina gets a little bit rowdy, and while her streetwalker-on-top/secretarial-school-dropout-on-bottom ensemble was a bit of a fright, the hiatus-ing Voice coach brought the hook of Pitbull’s dancey-dancey jam to full-bodied life. Mr. Worldwide, meanwhile, threw his hands in the air, waved ‘em round like he just didn’t care and spat a rhyme or two when the track required. Nice work (and nice duds) if you can get it. Grade: B+ (half-step upgrade for choice use of an A-HA sample)

The Swon Brothers (joined by Amber Carrington, Holly Tucker and Justin Rivers): Lady Antebellum’s “Stars Tonight” | The verses got a little choppy with the five-vocalist split, but the season’s country-leaning standouts didn’t miss a single note among ‘em, and looked like they were genuinely enjoying the jam sesh. Grade: A-

OneRepublic and Michelle Chamuel: “Counting Stars” | I usually like Ryan Tedder better as a producer than as a vocalist, but he threw every bit of himself into this Mumford-pop ditty, and gave the Lady Chamuel multiple opportunties to steal the spotlight with her sparkly red pants and innate ability to get inside a lyric. Grade: A

Florida Georgia Line (featuring Nelly): “Cruise” | My least favorite performance of the night was a little wobbly vocally and a lot hokey in execution. Let’s hope the Swon Brothers can beat FGL on American Ninja Warrior and take their spot at mainstream country radio. Can I get an “Amen”? Grade: C+

Vedo, Garrett Gardner, Josiah Hawley and Kris Thomas: The Temptations’ “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” | Methinks this was The Voice producers’ not-so-subtle commentary on the horrors of Lazaro, Devin and Burnell’s catastrophic Motown Night trio on Season 12 of American Idol. And while, yeah, The Voice dudes definitely outdid Mr. Pitchy ForgottenLyrics, I didn’t feel like the actual song suited any of ‘em except for Vedo. Grade: B-

Danielle Bradbery (joined by Amber Carrington, Sarah Simmons and Caroline Glaser): Carrie Underwood’s “All-American Girl” | I loved the genuine camaraderie this quartet displayed while lending their very distinct (yet all extremely powerful) instruments to a honey-sweet Carrie Underwood song. I forgot how much I’d missed Sarah’s banshee rumble. And Amber’s insanely big note on the final “Honey, you oughtta know” sent me into what can only be described as some sort of rapture. Grade: A

Bruno Mars: “Treasure” | Has Bruno Mars and his amazing crew ever been anything but absolutely stellar? Bonus points to the gents for pulling off red suits with leopard shirts — a task I would’ve expected to find camped out at the corner of Impossible and Deluded. Grade: A

Bob Seger & The Swon Brothers: “Night Moves” | What’s the perfect bookend to a jaunty Bruno Mars disco moment? How about the venerable ’70s rocker and The Voice‘s best-finishing duo just hanging out on some stools, jamming out to a song that never fails to make me want to wave a lighter when it gets to that plinking piano and crescendoing drums leading into the final vamping refrain. Good stuff. Grade: A-

Cathia, Judith Hill, Sasha Allen & Karina Iglesias: En Vogue’s “My Lovin’ (You’re Never Gonna Get It)” | Raise your hand if you miss classic girl groups like En Vogue and Brownstone and Jade and even Destiny’s Child. Now raise your other hand if this insanely good performance from a quartet of Season 4 also-rans had you thinking, “Maybe there’s a gap in the pop-music market these chicas could fill?” Given that her last couple of efforts on the Voice stage were a little lackluster, Cathia surprised me the most, proving every bit as potent as her more-heralded rivals but quite possibly taking home the statue for Sassiest Delivery. Also: If this girl-group dream isn’t going to be a reality, can we start a petition to compel NBC to get Judith, Karina, Sasha and Cathia into the studio to cut an iTunes rendition? Grade: A+ (or as Mariah Carey would call it, “A-plus-mazing.” Ugh.)

Hunter Hayes and Danielle Bradbery: “I Want Crazy” | As adorable as a puppy in a basket, as shimmery as a breeze blowing over a wheat field, as fresh as a mid-June strawberry. Those are just a few ways one might describe this very pleasant — although not exactly revelatory — duet. If Danielle’s not a Neutrogena spokesmodel by Thanksgiving, then I don’t know anything about anything anymore. Grade: B+

Michelle Chamuel (joined by Cathia, Vedo and Josiah Hawley): Stevie Wonder’s rendition of The Beatles’ “We Can Work It Out” | I was a little iffy about the arrangement when the members of Team Usher began their performance, but they quickly loosened up, caught the vibe and looked as though they were having more fun than anyone who took the stage all night. Grade: A-

CHER: “Woman’s World” | Grade: N/A (alas, Cher speaks to every gay fiber of my being, and I have no objectivity when it comes to her oeuvre…I will admit to downloading the song earlier tonight on iTunes, and already having tallied 17 plays to date. Yep, look for that on Twitter under #IHaveIssues.)

Top 3 Revelations/Observations From the Episode/Season
3. Cher’s wig should totally be Cee Lo’s animal mascot in Season 5.

2. Season 5 needs the following: A “steal” for the knockout rounds; a ban on any song covered more than one prior time in The Voice‘s first four seasons; a committment to letting contestants be more inventive and less riskaverse when it comes to song selection and arrangement.

1. NBC Needs to get The Blake Shelton Variety Hour on its 2014 schedule. I was howling laughing at the country coach’s guesstimated definitions of Shakira’s two-dollar words from the season. “A conundrum a drum used in Latin music,” Blake drawled, while also discribing “didactic” as a laxative fruit, “diaphanous” as a character on Sesame Street, and juxtaposition as a Colombian word for “just a position.” Writing these jokes out does them no justice; in Blake’s hands, they’re hilarious.

And finally, the results:

Third Place
The Swon Brothers (not a surprise)

Second Place
Michelle Chamuel

Season 4 Winner
Danielle Bradbery, giving Blake his third victory in four Voice seasons

“I don’t even know right now,” a stunned Danielle said to Carson as he tried to get her thoughts. “I’m so thankful. I’m sorry. I’m speechless.”

And after a full season of recapping, I’m out of words, too. So let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Season 4 finale night? Did the right contestant win it all? Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality-related news, recaps, interviews and videos — including Q&As with Amber, Michelle, The Swon Brothers and Danielle — follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Danny says:

Based on yesterday I felt Michelle should win. Today w/ the Swon Brothers teaming up w/ Bob Seger I then was hoping they would. Congrats to Danielle though. She certainly earned it.

Night Moves was my fav song of the year. I’m partial to Bob Seger though. All in all a real good season. I enjoyed most of the performances all year long. Very few clunkers. The skits were funny. The coaches had positive energy. The voting was pretty much fair. Yea, maybe I come off like I’m on prozac, but I like seasons like this.

• Joline says:

Yes, I think that the Voice wanted to ensure this outcome, but Danielle Bradbury has 12 songs on the iTunes charts. More than ANY artist in music. That’s not because of the producers. As much as I wanted Michelle to win, I think Danielle connected with the audience on a deeper level and earned her crown.

• Nephtalia says:

I agree. Danielle is the key to bring legitimity to The Voice. She is a teenager. Her voice is like butter. And she just has that it factor. She is to The Voice, what Kelly and Carrie are to Idol. While she was almost always performing at the end of the show (pimp spot), I do think it was more a matter of saving the one that draws ratings for last. She really makes it look easy. No matter what she sings charts on iTunes everytime! I agree with Blake, she is very important to The Voice.

• Yes Yes Yes. You are right. America got it right. Danielle does have the VOICE this season.

• Sam says:

Sorry, No, No, No!

They didn’t get it right. Michelle had The Voice This Season, Hands Down…

• eridapo says:

Completely agree. However the pimp slot was given to Judith, Sasha, and Michelle more times than Danielle.

I’m also tired of people like Slezak and others who are complaining about Danielle’s lack of stage presence when all they did last year was complained about how unfair it was for someone with Cassadee’s experience on stage and past history with Hey Monday to compete with people with no real past history of singing experience.

This year they were all about Judith, Sasha, and even Michelle who we all know have had years of experience on stage and some, like Judith and Sasha, as actual backup singers to the likes of Xtina, Michael Jackson, and others. This time around for some reason (me thinks political correctness) they decided that their past criticism of the show and specifically of Cassadee was no longer relevant, so they embraced the contestants who came to the show with a music resume.

Lets be honest prior to the Voice, Danielle had never performed for anyone outside her immediate family or friends. Thus her lack of stage presence is understandable. Frankly that stage presence will come with time like it did for Carrie Underwood who herself faced the same criticism. I seem to recall when she competed in Idol the comments directed at her performances were similar to what Danielle’s currently receiving such as boring, plays it safe, and no stage presence. Where is she now?

The stage presence is something that will evolve with more performances before an audience, but Danielle’s natural singing ability is something that only comes naturally and can not be taught.

• Amanda says:

The difference is that Cassadee’s “experience” involved fronting a popular band and having several big hits, one of which was featured on ‘Glee.’ Can’t say that about Judith, Sarah, or Michelle, who most of us have never heard of.
            As for Danielle’s facial expression issue – if we’re really grading them all on the same level, she should have been called out for that, because no one else really had that issue. Still, this is called ‘The Voice,’ and I definitely believe she deserved to win out of the Final Three this season.

• Fran says:

I think the Judith pimping stopped once the live rounds started. The producers pimped her in the beginning to capitalize on her MJ connection and stopped giving her these pimp spots once the live rounds were underway, and when it would have actually helped her get votes! . As I recall, she was eliminated on the night that she went first. I think a better question to ask would be how often they made Danielle go first during the live rounds. Just like Cassadee Pope, I don’t think she ever went first, because it would have increased her risk of being eliminated (that spot was mainly reserved for Holly, who stubbornly held on despite the show’s obvious attempts to dispense of her).

The main objection to Cassadee was not her vast experience (which really wasn’t particularly evident, IMO) but that she STARTED the Voice with a massive loyal fanbase, including 200,000 twitter followers, making it impossible for anyone to catch up to her. Cassadee had fans because she had fronted a relatively successful band prior to the Voice. Judith had never been signed by a record label, so despite the MJ connection, she started the Voice relatively unknown and with no fanbase. People also forget that Judith actually never got to perform live with Michael Jackson because he died before the tour. I think the closest parallel to Cassadee would have been Juliet Simms, but even Juliet Simms didn’t have as many fans as Cassadee. Plus, I truly believe that Juliet Simms is one of the best contestants to have passed through the Voice, so I would have been overjoyed if she won. Lastly, if you really wanted to compare a contestant to Carrie Underwood, I think it would be Amber…not Danielle. Amber was also young and somewhat inexperienced, but in contrast to Danielle, she really grew as a performer on the show.

By the way, I’m sick of people using excuses like “political correctness” to explain away the success of every single person who isn’t white. Why is it so hard to believe that Michael Slezak wasn’t a true fan of Judith Hill? It is yet another technique used by people to diminish the achievements of minorities. It really needs to stop.

• Lee says:

To Amanda & Fran, I couldn’t have said it better myself. Thank you.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

Completely agree. Judith, Sasha, and Michelle were professionals looking for the boost to make the big time. Danielle so called lack of stage presence is charming to me. She has that smile. The IT factor. I hope she does really well.

• eridapo says:

Why do I say political correctness? Maybe because I read articles like the one written by Kevin Fallon of the Daily Beast where M. Slezak is quoted, and where the writer of the article specifically sites Michelle being a lesbian and jewish as factors as why Michelle should have won. Why bring those things up if your intention is not to inject political correctness into the equation. I, myself, only knew about Michelle being Jewish until this past Monday when her mother brought it up with Usher. As to her sexual orientation it never entered my mind. The detractors of Danielle for the most part always begin their articles (or have somewhere in their articles) a mention that Danielle is your typical generic country blonde. Why?

I am a Latino and am no fan of country music, but this season of the Voice I was pulling for Danielle. I liked her natural talent. There were others too I rooted for, but for some reason (mostly song choice) failed to advance (I’m looking at you Cathia)

• Danny says:

@Joline- Yea, this is going to be the first year where the Voice contestants do better than their Idol counterparts. I’m long since past thinking this one or that one is going to be a big star post singing show season.

However, I think Danielle will be one who does indeed do well. The Swon Brothers might. Michelle I hope does, but not so sure. From 4 on down they probably won’t. Still, I think the top 3 will do better than anyone from Idol.

I thought they were all pretty close from the top 8 or so. I was leaning a bit towards Michelle based on last night. Still, those I tunes sales you brought up I think will mean something. It shows the executives in the music business that people will buy these artists and not just vote for them 10,000 times w/ some power voting program. Therefore I think they’ll get more promotion and increase their chances of success.

• Yes, I liked Michelle, too, not to mention Judith and Sasha (you can guess what demo I fall into!). All 3 finalists could have won, and will (hopefully ) have great careers. I liked the 3 gals I mentioned, cuz they are Artists, not just voices. Danielle will hopefully become one, and not just rely on her voice. Hey, she has years to work on this.
        I wish there were an easy way to follow our favorites’ careers. I want to know what Michelle does next. I know she is working on an album with her buds, but I also want to know what The Voice experience will do for her. I believed Usher when he said he would be her bud for life.
        Great show – I’m going to miss it. Soooo much better than Idol this season. Why do you
        think they are bringing back the original coaches?

• JC says:

Well said, and I agree that all in all Season 4 was a real good season. The positive energy of the coaches was a real plus though I do admit a strong preference for Shakira over Christina A. And speaking of Christinas, my biggest complaint related to The Voice is the presence of Christina Milian. This wannabe low-list “celebrity” lacks, in my opinion, both poise and relevancy. What does she bring to the show that is positive?

• The Beach says:

Nothing!

• Joline says:

Agreed! Worthless interviews!

• Zod says:

I still think Season 3 was better.

Biggest complaint about the show is how they montage a few blind auditions and battle rounds, even though this is where they get their biggest ratings. Sometimes an artist will get montaged twice, basically screwing any chances of connecting with the audience if they make the live rounds (like Justin this year and that lady on Adam’s team last year whose name I can’t even remember who killed the Amy Winehouse cover).

• Becky Dembo says:

Cannot stand her Brattle. Get rid of her NOW!

• allie says:

She is the sole reason why I DVR the show instead of watching it live. I haven’t seen one of her silly ramblings since season 1. :)

• senor skippy says:

We muted her the last 5 or 6 weeks. Her interviews didn’t even rise to the quality of “fluff”

• Amy says:

All the judges are great. But I love Usher .He is so cool,eloquent ,intelligent with charisma and charm. So encouraging to Michelle . No wonder he make Justin Bieber a star.
        I hope he will mould Michelle to great heights. She deserves it . So true to herself and simple.
        But most of all Usher ‘ s performance with Michelle was superb,his excellent dance steps.
        A great personality.
        Shakira is wonderful too, so simple and graceful. Encouraging and articulate .
        They are indeed very much superior to those at American Idol or the X Factor 2012

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

Please have them take out Milian. Why is she even in the show?

• JC says:

Can we start a petition drive to have C. Milian removed from The Voice? Would we direct it to the producers? I’d sign such a petition in a heart beat.

• The Beach says:

Ah, another big Bob Seger fan here. That was the highlight of the night for me. Loved it, love him!

• I felt Michelle was going to win. She appeared to have the most momentum. But so happy for the Danielle win. If Michelle would of won, it would of been deserving too! Swons too! I thought that lead singer for One Republic was Ryan Gosling. HAHA! Cher was a shop of horrors. Bob Seger sounded fabulous. Love that guy! Great night. Thanks for being on prozac and not sipping on Haterade. :)

• Kurt Peterson says:

Humble, with poise and grace. Just an incredible young lady I am anxiously and with great joy what to here MORE!
      With much much happiness for you, your fans and zillions of happy ears!

2. Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Even though I wanted Michelle to win, I wish Danielle a lot of success. Hopefully, everyone will have good careers and good lives. Those performances were mostly great! I was so psyched to see Amber, Judith, Caroline, and all the others back.

3. DQ says:

I really enjoyed the show tonight, last night, heck, the whole season! It was great to see the rest of the gang that didn’t make it to the top three–even if a couple of them deserved it. A joyful noise!

• Joline says:

Christina Aguilera looked AMAZING.

• Danny says:

@DQ- Well spoken & I 100% agree.
        @Joline- Agree w/ you also. I hope she looks more like that when she judges. Seeing her implants hanging out all the time makes her look like an upside down plumber. Shakira showed just the right amount of skin.

• JC says:

Much has been said during Season 4 that indicates that Shakira has been a very welcome presence and enjoys a higher degree of support than Christina A. Shakira’s personal appearance, mode of dress, and amount of skin shown is testament to more class than exhibited by her predecessor in the coach’s chair. What appears to be genuine attitude and a nice touch of humility has served her well and brought freshness and good spirit to the show. Many will be looking forward to her Season 6 return.

• The Beach says:

Yep, that was one very entertaining finale. I enjoyed it a lot.

4. Kaba says:

God I’m glad it’s over. I prepared myself for a Danielle win regardless of being a Michelle fan…and my anger will kick in later tonight.
    But Jesus, I need a break from Reality TV Singing competitions. I turn into a horrible person when I have somebody I want to defend.
    But it’s only for like 3 months since The Voice doesn’t know the meaning of a proper hiatus and they’re coming back for Season 5.
    All I know is…CAN WE HAVE SOME OTHER TEAM WIN NOW?
    It’s not even fun seeing Blake win…again.
    Best of luck to all the artists…minus the Swon Bros

• Keith says:

You aren’t forced to watch

• Kaba says:

Who said I feel forced?
        I enjoy watching these shows so much it gets to the point that when I’m pressed on an artist I’m quite rude. Goodbye
        Debating on watching Xfactor season 3 though

• Keith says:

You said you are glad it’s over- well you could have stopped watching weeks ago

• Kaba says:

You’re misreading my words. I said I’m glad it’s over not because I didn’t enjoy the season, but because I turn crazy when I watch these shows.
            You don’t have to comment telling me what to do. Bye

• Nephtalia says:

I know what you mean. Once you get invested in an artist, it’s almost painful to watch them perform every night and waiting for results the day after. Personally, I get so nervous that close to the end I don’t watch live. I look at Micheal recap and the comments if I feel positivity for my favorite then I watch if not. I wait for results which I barely watch and once my favorite is safe then I watch both, performance and results night. So yes, I understand what you mean when you said glad it is over. Those competitions can bring heart attack lol.

• Princess Adora says:

I get it Kaba. I complain all the time about how time-consuming all these shows are. 2 episodes a week, one is 2 hours, and then I have to read Michael’s recaps and the comments…time consuming, but I do it because I love it!

Sidenote: this is the first season of the Voice that I’ve watched (for some reason I felt I had to stay loyal to Fox – yuck!), I really enjoyed it. The talent was great and the mentors (they don’t really judge do they?) have great chemistry, which makes it stand out from Idol, plus you can tell they actually care about the contestants, which makes it stand out (by miles and miles) from X-Factor. Dreading next season without Shakira or Usher, but I’ll check it out – as they say, no one is forcing me to watch! ;)

• ajintexas says:

Ignore it. There is always some moron behind a keyboard that has to chime in with the “no one is making you watch” or “why are you commenting on an article about a show you hate/don’t watch.” Captain Obvious resides here quite often unfortunately.

• ETG says:

We ALL need a break from this crap. Up next is X-Factor, a total waste of time, then another round of The Voice this fall; I think I’ll take a sabbatical and come back for the spring 2014 Voice….

• Danny says:

@ETG- if ya aren’t around in the fall, I look forward to seeing ya next spring. You’re one of the more interesting posters. Take care.

• Kaba says:

I’m not sure if I should put faith in Xfactor this year or not…Kelly Rowland is on the panel and she was amazing on Xfactor UK…but the body of talent that appear on the UK version was miles better than US…and the trajectory for the Xfactor US seems toooo popstar based. So I’m not sure, I think if Kelly Rowland enters the show with a UK state of mind I’ll be able to tolerate it.
        I’m just blown away with the dynamic of talent between both seasons.
        Season 1 we had damn good talent, but the show was too new to be noticeable
        Season 2…I only remember Carly Rose, the end.
        Season 1 we had Drew, Stacy, Josh Krajick, Rachel Crow, LaCoda Rain.
        Season 2 we had Carly Rose…

• JON says:

You remember LaCoda Rain and don’t remember 5th Harmony? WHAT???

• Kaba says:

They never once impressed me after their judges house audition. I remember them quite easily but I honestly don’t care for them considering their body of work during the season was nothing of interest to me.
            Mainly because I watched all of Little Mix’s performance on the Xfactor Uk…so I had high standards for them

• HTGR says:

Not even their song that was a hit with everyone (well aside from you hah) at the end?

• Danny says:

@ Kaba- Season 2 also had that rap singer who I thought was real good. I also thought Janelle (not from AI, but X-Factor) who could have done well if Demi didn’t try to turn her into a mini me. I wasn’t hooked on Carly Rose. I thought the right person won. He kept it simple w/out all the pomp & circumstance. Most of those singers were wayyyyyy over produced.

X-Factors problem from my point of view was the same guy who was telling us people like Siobhan, Allison, & others could sing was then trying to shove a no talent boy band down our throats. It reeked of desperation.

• Kaba says:

@Danny I agree that Carly was never interesting, but I recognize her vocal talent. As for Tate…I’m sorry but I just can’t with Tate. Didn’t like him, but then again of all the people on the show that season I felt the only one worthy of being The Xfactor was Jillian Jensen because at least she knew herself and knew what she was doing with herself. Like…80% of the people on the show allowed themselves to be so horrifically changed once the lives started..it was blah.
            I loved Lyric 145, but I just knew they wouldn’t translate well over.

• Kaba says:

@Danny and oh my God don’t get me started on Simon Cowell. The man has “corporate” so jammed up his ass you can see it about to fly out of his mouth. Hearing him call Emblem 3 super stars…after his lineup of artists last season made me want to cringe.
            Whatever happened to him, I don’t approve. He needs to take a break from singing TV shows and stop doting his “300 million records” around like their his accolades

• HTGR says:

Whoa, what? Tate was the right winner????? Was anyone that bland?? A run of the mill country singer? That was soooooo wrong! Carly Rose, Beatrice, 5th Harmony, etc. blew him out off the stage.

• scooby says:

Yeah, you really remember Lakoda Rayne (not LaCoda Rain) really well.

• Catherine Wood says:

And, SURPRISE, a country guy with a guitar won X-Factor. I was happy for him because of his age but I stopped watching after the first few shows until the end, it was so bad. And no rock people made it on the show. Just like Idol this year. Yawn ….

• Joline says:

I cannot watch X-factor…gives me a headache.

• Danny says:

Yea, Blake’s sorta becoming like the SEC in college football. People are getting sick of him winning it seems. His singers do the right things to win. I’m not holding that against him. What’s he supposed to do? Tell his team to go out there and fall on their faces? I think any chance of Amber winning went out the window when Adam said he hated this country. Blake doesn’t make those dumb mistakes.

• Kaba says:

I’m not gonna bother myself to be mad at Blake for winning, but I enjoy some variety of winners when watching this show.
        Would it really be much of an interesting series if they’re like 8 seasons in and Blake has won all of them? It’d be “meh”
        Frankly, I don’t like Adam as a coach, I think people over-inflate his ability to coach, so I didn’t want him winning.
        I entered the show with a mindset of “team usher” or “team shakira”. It just so happened that Michelle happened to join Usher’s team lol

• ajintexas says:

I imagine this speaks to his talent and ability to coach others. I thought Usher did a great job. Long before it was down to the last 3 I figued it would be Blake versus Usher, but I thought Usher would win. I wish they would bring him back instead of Christina, but they won’t ever have 4 male coaches at once. I like Cee-lo but maybe Usher should get his spot.

• Kaba says:

I feel like Blake and Usher were the only coaches with common sense this season…once the lives began. I give amnesty to them during the battles and knockouts…
          They both paid attention to what the crowd resonated best with and applied that to their teams. Granted, Josiah did leave early…and Vedo was a given loss, but with what he did was Josiah, he took artists that suited him that he felt would do a good job for Josiah based on songs he sang previously.
          And same with Michelle, he just hit a gold mine with Michelle.
          And Blake played to the audience’s interest with his team…aside from Holly…she shoulda never gone anywhere.
          Meanwhile Adam is giving his team crackhead songs, Sasha is singing “Bad Girls” and…the rest is history

• Danny says:

@Kaba- Yea, I thought Josiah was pretty good. If he hadn’t been burdened w/ that “male model” tag & instead been promoted as a construction worker or just an average Joe, he could have done a lot better. I felt he was better than anyone on this seasons AI. I’m a straight guy, so this isn’t any kind of crush type thing. I think the male model tag sunk any chances he had.

• Kaba says:

@Danny Oh my God I feel so bad for the dude. I’ve never seen someone slapped with the “doomed to fail” sticker faster and harder than Josiah. If Josiah carried a tune for 3 seconds it wasn’t because he could sing it was because people were distracted by his looks.
            If he tried to say a word he was immediately discarded as a jackass.
            I felt like he could, and should have lasted longer than he did. Usher was picking the right artists for him to cover, but he relied too much on what Josiah’s voice couldn’t do yet to try and get him through.

• A says:

Anyone who took Adam’s comment seriously is an idiot. It was clear what he meant and that it was said in the moment and I honestly really don’t know what to think of the people who made a big deal out of it. And if, in fact, that comment was a factor in her being eliminated, well I think that’s just plain ridiculous.

• Danny says:

@A- Easy there big fella. I don’t expect ya to go through the archives, but I said I wasn’t gonna hold it against him back when he said it. I get that it was a heat of the moment frustration comment. I simply said that it probably killed Amber’s chances. The fact is, there are people who didn’t like his comment and in turn didn’t vote for Amber. Right or wrong, Adam can’t be making those kinds of mistakes. Blake didn’t make those kinds of mistakes.

Even before those comments, Adam had 2 of his singers eliminated. That’s actually why he made the comment. He made mistakes w/ Sarah & Judith too. Those 2 were my favs early on. As the season went on, others passed them. I still like them, but others were coached better and improved. Those two tapered off. That’s on Adam and has nothing to do w/ his comment. It has to do w/ his coaching.

• A says:

I understand what you’re saying. It’s precisely people like that that frustrate me. Why punish Amber for a comment her coach made? Some people can just be so stupid.
            I agree, while I still like Adam as a coach, he needs to realize that something he is doing needs to change. He always starts off and carries on for a while with the best team but ends up losing. I like that he encourages his team to take risks because it keeps things interesting but he needs to rethink his strategy a bit. And even though Blake’s strategy has been successful once again this season, that doesn’t mean its been any bit as interesting. All his contestants pretty much sang the same performances week after week. They all felt the same and did not really bring anything new despite the praises they all got. Adam’s coaching style encourages growth and makes the contestants explore new things whereas Blake’s coaching, while hilarious, has usually led to the most boring performances of the season IMO.

• HTGR says:

Yeah but wanna bet if you swapped some singers from other teams onto his team and even if they did the same songs and presented the exact same performances then one of them would’ve won instead? And do you think Swon would’ve made finale if they were a non-country duo?
        It’s still OK to this point, but if country takes over and he wins again next then the show is cooked, at least for a big chunk of the audience and they will have to rename it Blake’s The Voice or Nashville Voice.

• HTGR says:

Who at top 16 looked Blake’s Team and was like not THAT is clearly the strongest team by a country mile? exactly.

• Catherine says:

I am all for a Nashville Voice show that’s all country if it means The Voice will stop featuring country artists so much. They all sound like someone else in country music who already bores me. Country is only so popular because rock doesn’t get any promotion anymore and pop music is disgusting these days.

• Christine says:

Actually, some of us have liked country for a long time, not just because it is the “flavor of the month.” Not saying you have to like country, but for many of us it is _not_ boring.

Given that, I like when there is a mix of genres in the competitions. It lets people hear music they might never have considered before.

On a side note, there used to be Nashville Star – which gave us a couple of our new country stars. However, once it moved from a cable channel to a major network, the PtB really messed it up. Best part was that the contestants got to perform some original work. That would be nice to see on the Voice.

• MamaLis says:

I’m just gonna jump in after reading everyone (kind of) complaining? and say that I’m “An Idol Fan that watches the Voice.” That’s it. On DVR, no less.

But that show was FANTASTIC tonight. I actually WATCHED all of it!. Which I rarely do! I mean – I have to give Kudos to the Music Directors and all the people behind the scenes that lined up ALL the acts and aLL the details because in my opinion – they kicked it out of the park!

In fact, as an Idol fan, they should be hanging their heads in SHAME (and taking copious notes) on how a singing competition puts together a relevant, CURRENT, entertaining – results show telecast! Hell, I even liked the Country Acts – and I’m not a country fan! (be fair, Michael!)

So sure, while I hoped for a Michelle win: they’re all winners and congrats to Danielle.
        It was a great show and had some GREAT music!

• The Beach says:

I agree completely…great show!

• Zod says:

I never thought The Swon Brothers should’ve made it to the live rounds, but actually grew to like them and were impressed by how much they grew over the course of the show. Viewers seem to really like the upward trajectory and the underdog. If the Swons were “OMG Awesome!” from the get go like Judith they probably would’ve been sent packing earlier.

• Danny says:

@Mama- I’m gonna huge disagree on Cher & I also didn’t care for Bruno Mars. Though I can see where a lot of people like him & he’s one of the one’s who make your point.

As for the rest of it yea, the results shows on Voice put AI’s to shame. Even if this had been a decent year for Idol’s talent, the results shows on the Voice are vastly superior. These people know how to do it. I always want to see the whole results show every week because I want to see it.

Where as Idol I tend to watch the show 30 minutes after the starting time & then FF through the commercials and even some of the show, w/ the Voice I tend to watch it when it comes on, then repeat the good songs during the commercials & then catch right back up. So a lot of these performances I’m seeing twice.

I would say Performance show wise, this year’s Voice ranked about even w/ last years Idol and a smidgen behind Season 8 Idol. Results show wise, it’s not even close. The Voice blows Idol off the map.

• bs’d
          I agree from one Mama to another :) but what the heck was Cher thinking?

• syb says:

And this is what bugs me about this show.
        Blake didn’t “win.” Danielle won. Would Danielle have won had she been on another “team?” If the answer is no, this isn’t a talent show.

• José says:

You are not making any sense. If she had another coach, maybe he wouldn’t be able to make Danielle rise as much as Blake did. Danielle was the most consistent and naturally talented woman in this season.

• Keep calm and stop sipping on that haterade. You’ll do find my friend. Michelle will do well.

• eridapo says:

It shouldn’t matter who the coach is. What should matter is if the person is deserving of the win because of the person’s talent.

• Catherine Wood says:

I completely agree with you! I’m even suspicious about how two country acts got more votes than Michelle, since the country fan votes were divided. I’m also very tired of country artists dominating Reality TV singing shows. The Swon Brothers really weren’t that special. Danielle Bradbery has a lovely voice but I will never buy her records. I actually want to know what Michelle will be doing after The Voice tour is over.

• Danny says:

@Catherine- I thought Michelle should have won too. The fact is though, that Danielle has 12 songs (according to a post above) on the I-tunes charts. TWELVE!!! That’s a whole lot. So based on that I’d say she probably deserved to win, even if I was leaning towards Michelle. That’s who the most people wanted to win.

Two country acts didn’t get more votes than Michelle. Only 1 did. Also, this is the first year on the Voice that a country artist won. As for other country artists, the only 1 who won that shouldn’t have is Scott McCreary. Other than that I think everyone who won was at least a viable choice.

• HTGR says:

I gotta heavily disagree about Tate. And I think there are easily others who were better than Swon Bros who came in lower.

And it is curious that Blake seems to always get more of his team into the finale and has won all but once so far. Still too early to say it’s a true pattern, but it’s looking suspicious.

• teatime says:

Votes don’t need to get split on The Voice. You can vote a maximum of10 times per method per candidate. You can easily vote your maximum votes for multiple contestants. You only need to split votes if you feel that in order to make sure your favorite stays you won’t also support your other favorites. For other shows, the voting constraint is time. So one those shows people will ‘split’ votes by spending a percentage of time voting for multiple contestants.

5. TaMara says:

[[CHER: “Woman’s World” | Grade: N/A (alas, Cher speaks to every gay fiber of my being, and I have no objectivity when it comes to her oeuvre)]]

And that admission alone eased the pain of Michelle taking second. I hope to hear her in the future.

6. writerross says:

I was surprised by how likeable the Swon Brothers became over the course of the season. My appreciation for their sweetness evolved and while I am not a country fan, I wish them all the success in the years ahead. Michelle Chamuel is a winner. True artist with a voice that tells a story in each song. Danielle B? This year’s Barbie Doll. Enjoy your moment, kid.

• Keith says:

Michelle is an experienced singer with a band called My Dear Disco

• writerross says:

She just has IT.

• Ohmy says:

Well, not sure we’ll here much from any of them once the hype of the reality show dies down. Could be wrong, but probably not.

• ajintexas says:

Sorry, but I could not disagree more. What she has is “average”. Otherwise you don’t lose to a 16 year old.

• gurl please says:

Or that 16 year old just has been hyped up since her audition and had every country fan of her coach backing her up.

• JC says:

Does Michelle really have IT? Or perhaps is what she has is somewhat above average talent furthered by a novel personality (similar to Karina Iglesias)?

• Mary says:

If she had it she wouldn’t of needed to go on the voice. I look at this show as second chances for artist to showcase their talent. I thought is was refreshing that Danielle had no experience. I wish them all the best, and maybe the Voice winner will actually have a career.

• Cathy says:

Thanks! I was wondering where I could hear some of Michelle’s original music.

• Zelda Gilroy says:

Michelle has a facebook page called “the reverb junkie.” It has links to other sites. She has an album as part of the duo S/he. Also an ep that’s a collaboration with someone else. She has a youTube page as well.

• Julie says:

I just didn’t get the Michelle appeal. I truly thought Danielle is a great talent as are the Swons. Congrats to all three though.

• MamaLis says:

Ya I agree! The Swons might actually have a chance to do something given “the package” that is them and the market that is country. Why not? VERY likeable.

7. sara says:

Once again the vapid mediocre country singer wins. Yawn.

Best performance of the evening has to go to the ladies who sang En Vogue (mmmm bop!). Sadly the squealing idiots in the audience ruined my enjoyment of Bob Seger’s performance. As for Cher, someone really needs to tell these people that lip syncing on a singing competition show just makes you look rather, well, dumb.

• Kristi says:

Yeah Cher’s performance was dreadful. But I would not call Danielle “mediocre”. Her vocals are better than many on top 40 radio.

• ETG says:

Maybe; but NOT better than any of the current hot female COUNTRY artists. She’s not gonna stand out.

• Mike says:

Except she’s far younger. And that does stand out. Leann Rimes, Taylor Swift, etc. She’ll be made a big deal of. What she does with it will be the true test. Let’s just hope they get her some great writers and someone to work on her stage presence.

• crispy says:

So agree on the stage presence, even with Hunter Hayes who you could tell she was crushing on, she did not give 100% into the emotions of the song. I think she has a great voice but a weak performer. She is stil very young and possibly with maturity and more experince she will improve. I was team Michelle but I wish all them luck on their future endevors.

• Annie says:

Agree, the En Vogue number was terrific.

• Cloo says:

Reminded me of high school students pretending to sing in their living room.

• sara says:

ummmmm, no. :::eye roll:::

• HTGR says:

You must have some MAD talented student at your local HS then. That must literally be the single most vocally talented HS in the entire world.

• dan says:

The En Vogue number reminded me that Shakira made a huge mistake with her one “save” after the first viewer vote. She decided to save Garrett instead of Karina because she thought Garrett had more room for growth. I don’t know how long Karina would’ve lasted, but I don’t think she would’ve been in the first group of two to go like Garrett. If Karina had picked the right songs she may have lasted longer than Sasha b/c that woman can sing and she sounded great with the other ladies (even Cathia who I didn’t like in the early rounds).

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

ummmmm, no. :::eye roll:::

• Danny says:

@Sara- Yea, I don’t get why they’d have the originator of Auto Tune sing on a show like this. Overall I liked the results show except for Cher & Bruno Mars. I don’t get how she got the pimp spot to boot. I also don’t get how she won a grammy. I thought only real singers were able to win those.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Well, Rihanna was nominated, so…

• Jones says:

Bruno Mars had me dancing. That was a great performance.

• MamaLis says:

Really! What the heck was wrong with Bruno Mars? How can you complain about that?

• Danny says:

@Mama- I maybe should have clarified a bit more. I despised Cher. She was brutal. Bruno was more a case of it just wasn’t my gig. I can see where a lot of people would like him though. I guess I shouldn’t have lumped them together.

• I enjoyed Bruno Mars. Brings me back to the Kool and the Gang feeling / vibe.

• the girl says:

I really couldn’t with Cher. I was searching my FB feed for 20 mins hoping someone else was talking about that ghastliness. I mean really, wow.

• Mary says:

Give her a break my God she is over 60 years old. Yes it wasn’t the best performance of the night but she still has talent – Her outfit did leave something to be desire but I have to give her credit.

• the girl says:

Give her a break she is over 60? So essentially what you’re saying is that we don’t get better with age. I have much respect for Cher but I don’t like legends to tarnish their reputation and that is exactly what she did. It was in bad taste.

• Cathy says:

Cher is a real singer. Just go back in time. That song was terrible last night and Cher was out of her element BECAUSE the song didn’t require real singing. She was trying to be too contemporary for her own good and it didn’t work for her. She looked fabulous though, as always!

• ajintexas says:

Vapid country singer? Who won last year? Not a country singer. Before that? A black dude. Before that, another black dude. Your comment makes no sense since this is really the first season a true country singer has even won The Voice lol.

• Zod says:

And before this season, only Adam had gotten a country singer into the final eight and the internet ragers were accusing Blake of dumping his country acts left and right.

• Blake says:

You got the mediocre country singer right. She will never be the next Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift.

8. A says:

I knew Danielle would win which took away the surprise. I did enjoy the little confessional videos and skits. Loved the Shakira vocabulary video as well as Blake’s Usher coaching imitation. They were hilarious. The bromance one was pretty funny too.
    At least most of the guest performances were good and entertaining. OneRepublic, Hunter Hayes, Bruno Mars, even the Stars Tonight group performance….they were all amazing. Really enjoyed them, except for Cher. That song was awful and I could barely look at her with that dead animal on her head.
    Seeing Amber back was sad. She definitely should have made it to finals and won the damn thing!

• JC says:

I’m glad you mentioned the confessional videos, the imitations, the “bromance” bit, and Shakira’s vocabulary video. They were a nice humorous touch that complimented some top-notch contestant and guest performances. From what I’ve heard and read about Cher’s performance, maybe I should be glad that the dog wanted to go outside at that particular time instead of fretting that I had to miss her. If I have a major complaint about the finale – and that would apply to the entire season as well – it’s Christian Milian. Her posturing is distracting, and she comes across to me as quite vapid, silly, and just plain ill-prepared and out of place. I felt this way in Season 3 and have only had my feelings enforced during the 4th season.

9. Kaba says:

I’m going into season 5 with a mindset of either Team CeeLo once again…or maybe I’ll try team Xtina…if she stops smoking crack

• Jamey says:

I am sick of Blake and with Christina and Ceelo back – i will look elsewhere, because we already know whose team will win next year…

• Jones says:

So you are ready to vote for certain teams without seeing th contestants? Thank you for being impartial.

• Kaba says:

I said I’m going in with that state of mind. Relax. And I don’t see why you’re so bothered by it.
        As if it’s a big deal to have a team that you’d like to win for once. I entered this season hoping and praying Adam wouldn’t win as I can’t stand him.

• Mary says:

So your statement just proves what the Voice is about, not the contestants but the judges, Maybe that is why none of the winners make it. As bad as AI was this year, I still prefer that show to this. With the exception of this year – the show usually is about the contestants or at least it use to be. What I take from your statement is if your favorite was on Adam’s team you would not have voted for them.

• A says:

So, if there was a contestant that you loved but they happened to be on Adam’s team, you wouldn’t vote for them just because you don’t like their coach? I’m sorry, but that’s some messed up reasoning right there.

10. Jacob P. says:

Very disappointing ending. I feel this season was a step down from last year, and Danielle winning didn’t help me feel like the season was saved. Michelle deserved to win, IMO

• ajintexas says:

Anything is a step up from Jermaine Paul. That dude is in the witness protection program now I think.

• me says:

Aj in TX what is your problem with black guys?

• ajintexas says:

Where did I say I have a problem with black guys? Pointing that fact out about the first two winners to whiners claiming all this show is about is country means I have a problem? Stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve. All I have pointed out is The Voice has produced anything but country stars in the past. Jermaine Paul was a flop. So was Javier. It’s too ealry to tell with Cassidy but I don’t see here as a solo star of any kind. People in these comments are acting like because Blake has won 3 times the show is all about country and it isn’t. Jermaine sings R&B. NMot sure where to put Javier really, but it isn’t country. Cassidy sounds a little country with her new song, but all the tattoos and freaky hair kinda kill that avenue for her.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

Jermaine Paul is a BIG BUST. Javier Colon sings R&B, Neo-soul, Soul and is a BUST. Cassadee wants to be Avril, but sees country as a better way to be successful. A lot of people are saying she is a sell out to turn country. I think she will try to revive Hey Monday in a few years. What a mess!

• Cathy says:

Agree. This year’s finale was mostly a snoozefest.

11. writerross says:

What I am NOT looking forward to? Christina A’s glop and cleavage return to the screen. Stay home and tell yourself how wonderful you are. I will miss Shakira. She was a charmer.

• Anna says:

Shakira will be back in the spring. I think they’re going to keep the switching judges thing

• Cathy says:

I really enjoyed Shakira. She was so much more enjoyable than Christina as a judge, in every way. She invested so much into her people and such thoughtfulness into every critique she made. Truly a breath of fresh air in the reality singing shows, where most female mentors/judges act like bimbos. And Shakira became the judge Paula Abdul always tried to be.

Christina looks like she only pretends to care about her team because she’s getting well paid for it. And Christina’s singing style is soooo harsh and annoying. Hurts my ears.

12. Kaba says:

I think, tonight is no longer the night for any animosity. We’ve done tooooo much of it over the season and frankly…we all need to calm down.
    A lot of us have said enough stuff to buy us an express ticket to hell.

• Maggie says:

^^THIS!! the season is over, celebrate the awesome performances each contestant has had, that’s what the show is about!

13. Annie says:

B- for Ain’t Too Proud? Hmmm… I thought it was pretty great.

14. Maggie says:

As a country fan, I was happy to see Danielle won, but I was so disappointed with Florida Georgia Line!! Ironic, having the Swon Brothers in the finale and hearing the brothers harmonize way better than a duo (FGL) with two current hit songs! Congrats to all the finalists, they’ll each find success in music, they’re all so talented!

• Danny says:

I thought FGL was pretty good. I’m pretty much a novice to country though. Probably half the country songs- not counting the crossover ones-I know are from this season’s Voice. I liked how they mixed Nelly in there. Swon Brothers w/ Bob Seger was my favorite of the season.

• Maggie says:

I’m a fan of FGL, they’re super fun, I was just totally underwhelmed by this performance. i thought they sounded off-key.

• The Beach says:

They may not have been perfect but at least they were a true duet, not a lead singer with backup.

15. marge says:

Boo, sorry not sorry.
    Not that Danielle doesn’t have talent, and not that Michelle was the absolute BEST of the top 16 or whatever, but Michelle was most certainly the better of the finalists.
    I really really do think that the show should sit Blake out for a season. 3 in a row and his only really diserving winner was Cassidy Pope.
    Or they should take the majority vote out of the fans’ hands because fans are just voting for their favorite judge (the Swan Brothers in the final 3 over pretty much everyone else? Um no). The past 4 weeks of this season have been the most lackluster of the series.

• Mike says:

Is it that hard to believe that that many people actually like Danielle’s singing? Why is it assumed that they’re voting for Blake’s team members just because of Blake? Just seems like an unfair assumption.

• ajintexas says:

So your reward for winning, which is decided by voters and not the coaches, is to get the boot? Some comments on here give me a good chuckle. I doubt you have much business sense considering that would pretty much alienate the entire country audience from the show. Blake is kinda popular with that crowd in case you aren’t aware.

• HTGR says:

OTOH, if only contestants from his team end up ever winning again that could pretty much alienate the whole rest of the viewership. We’ll see. It’s so easy for these shows to be taken over by a certain voting demo that tends to block vote and simply vote a lot more.

16. Robyn says:

Change the name of the show to Voice Country or Blake’s Voice. Will not be watching season 5 with Usher and Shakira gone. Usher and Michelle is the best coach/contestant pair to-date.

• ajintexas says:

Yeah this is the first time a country singer has won. Did you forget that all 3 previous winners aren’t country? Not a bit. Blake is smart enough not to shoehorn himself into one genre and that is why he has won 3 times, not because country wins every time.

• The Beach says:

However, although Cassadee Pope was a pop singer when she began on The Voice, Blake kept steering her more and more into the country vein as the show went along. By the time she won, she was basically singing pop/county. Just sayin’

17. Et al. says:

Congratulations to the winner! Now begins the roller coaster ride of appearing on the Today Show, selling a few dozen albums, being forgotten by the start of the next season, and eventually playing state fairs in exchange for free funnel cakes.

18. Cathy says:

Michelle should have won! Am I the only person tired of little blonde country singers? Danielle is sweet and all but….Michelle’s is the music that I’ll be spending my hard earned money on :)

• Ohmy says:

I can’t imagine many people spending much money on any of these singers. Look at the first three seasons for heavens’ sake.

• ajintexas says:

You should probably look at their iTunes sales to figure out why everything you said is wrong.

• Ohmy says:

Nope — we’re in the heat of the reality show moment. Look long term. Or better yet — get out in the world and listen to singers in your own town — you might be surprised at the level of talent out there.

• ajintexas says:

Where do you think they find the singers for this show? By scouring towns like mine for talent. This show isn’t the best for bands, I agree, but it’s fine for solo artists. I doubt I would be surprised by the level of talent out there when I have seen quite a bit of it first hand right here in Texas.

• waterbug says:

Agreed Ohmy

19. Thebrad says:

Cher was just embarrassing . FGL and Nelly is just awful. Sasha ,Judith and Karina ..Awesome. Danielle…boring.

• dan says:

I actually like the Fla Georgia Line/Nelly number, however I agree that Cher was terrible. She could barely move (I don’t blame her, she must be close to 100 by now) and that wig was hideous. Her outfit looked ridiculous and I could barely hear the song. I can’t believe that is what she went on national tv to sing for the first time in 10 years. Now if they had Sasha, Judith, Karina and Kathia up there singing with her…that would’ve been awesome!

20. Angie_Overrated says:

As much as I would like to lament the fact that Sasha, Judith, Sarah, Amber, and Michelle were robbed, I guess I should be happy that a good singer did in fact win despite Danielle being nowhere near the top of my list as an overall performer. My biggest fear is that what once was a great show has turned into the country hee haw competition, but I’ll give it one more season to make that determination. I’m sure the producers are well aware I’m not alone in that fear and will likely do what Idol did this year to stack the cards against the same predictable outcome. Remains to be seen, but I can pretty much guarantee there will be some sort of response from the production side of things.

• HTGR says:

+1 (although I think Sarah went a bit off the rails, tons of vocals tools but all mixed together into a mess, I put Danielle above her)

• Angie_Overrated says:

HTGR, we are agreeing? This must be upside down day. :)

• HTGR says:

Hah, I think it must be The Voice vs Idol that does it. On Idol, mortal enemies. With The Voice, largely peaceable and often in a fair amount of agreement.

21. Maggie says:

I loved seeing Danielle sing with Hunter Hayes, they were so blonde and adorable!! I liked seeing her sing a fun current hit song. Her smiles and joy felt genuine, not forced. And their harmonies were great!!

22. HTGR says:

Congrats to Danielle. Not too big of a surprise for a long time though.
    She just might go on to great success.

• Timmah says:

I have a feeling she will be the biggest star any of these shows have produced in a long time. Maybe since Underwood.

• Tim says:

I would agree. I am not a country music fan but she is so young so there is such a tremendous upside with her. Plus she has the backing of Blake (and Miranda).

23. Joan olsen says:

We really enjoyed the show this year. The coaches all were great. Most of all the competition was superb and entertaining. We were so very happy for Danielle. The talent was exceptional this year. Keep up the great work. Look forward to next season.

A Devoted Fan from Canada
    Joan O

24. HTGR says:

“Cathia, Judith Hill, Sasha Allen & Karina Iglesias: En Vogue’s “My Lovin’ (You’re Never Gonna Get It)” | Grade: A+”
    Heck yeah! Or as I call it the anthem for those contestants who all got cut WAYYYYY too soon! Heck, that would’ve made quite an entertaining top four too. Never gonna get the placement you deserved (on the show at least).

• chrysta says:

Agreed!Those women could sing circles around Danielle and none of them are in the finale?
      Just for a laugh I imagined someone coming out and plunking a crown on Danielles head and getting her to walk around the stage waving with that fake smile on her face!!!

• Cathia was one of my early favorites. She had a big range, but she got a sort of a villain edit, and that is probably why she did not make it. Hope The Voice don’t do that anymore. Leave that to Idol and X factor.

• HTGR says:

Yeah she got a bit of a villain edit and viewers of these shows just do not go for any of that sort of thing at all. And then she got Whitney, and sadly, if you sing Whitney on the shows any of the last few years, you probably are in trouble and it didn’t help that she was the one singer that entire round that the judges even dared to give any real criticism, seemed like Usher just sank her there too. SHe was much better than Vedo and better than Josiah. I don’t know that she would’ve be a top three finalist, but I definitely think she was better than at least half of those who made it.

25. algalhi says:

Yay!!!!! So happy for Danielle and Blake! Michelle will be fine with Usher on her side (lucky girl!), as will the Swons. Congrats to everyone! I love the Voice. From those Carson interviews at the beginning of each singer’s blind audition package, to the end of the show – the show supports them and seems to understand that each of them is just trying to achieve a dream. Good job!

26. Canadian Fan says:

Very pleased with the results. Danielle deserves to win. Hooray!!!
    Happy birthday to Blake. He is a great coach, by all accounts, and truly gets results for his contestants.
    Many sour grapes, can smell it miles away. Hey, just be happy for the success of the hardworking and decent people who won. You are lucky for we don’t even have the Voice in Canada so we are following and cheering for yours!

27. HTGR says:

“[Side note: It’s worth noting, as we discuss The Voice’s hitmaking potential, that Season 1’s relentlessly hard-working Vicci Martinez has managed a fairly sizeable hit with her kickin’ single, “Come Along.” So booyah to that! And yes, I said “booyah,” even if I’m not entirely sure why.]”
    Awesome song. Awesome contestant who shoulda won instead placing second. Nice to see it doing well. She was easily my favorite of the season (Juliet for the next, Amanda for the next, Sasha for this one but Judith did have mad talent too and a number of others were pretty solid).

• Venus says:

Vicci’s song is so good. Bought her CD from her website, and I like all of the songs. Come Along is the ringtone on my cell. BTW Vicci was third on season 1, Dia was second. Agreed with you on seasons 1-3. wrong people won.

28. Kaba says:

Can we stop and play the Hunger Games Scene where Katniss laments the dead with a gesture….for the sake of the cockatoo that died and crash landed onto Cher’s head?

29. Kbg says:

Cher ……It was pathetic and sad…..and she lip synced……don’t these people have advisors …or. Is it always a case of ” thee emperors new clothes” and everyone yeses them and kent tll them the truth.. That she looked ridiculous …clothes, hair and dancers ..and if you can’t dance any more. Don’t try to make it look like you are!

• Canadian Fan says:

Spot on! Cher should have stayed home. It was the scene of a horror movie with that hair and make-up. She can’t sing, she can’t dance and can’t even walk gracefully. Very sad to see… One disappointing act in an otherwise very good night.

• HTGR says:

I have liked some of her stuff in the past, but this seemed to go on and on and on.

• ajintexas says:

I don’t know for sure that she lip synced. I sat there and watched and thought that myself because it seemed off. But then again, her face is tighter than a snare drum from all the facelifts so maybe her mouth just moves awkwardly now.

30. Linda says:

The thing is – all of the top people, including Amber, now have a fan base. What they DO with the fan base will determine their future. Country music is known for embracing their artists and giving them a lot of support. More country artists from American Idol have had successful careers than any other genre.

I think the important things going forward are: (1) The SONGS they sing. If the songs suck, they will not be successful. (2) How hard they are willing to work in promoting themselves. Kellie Pickler has done her career a lot of good from her incredibly cute interviews on The Ellen Show and her recent win on Dancing With The Stars. The Swon Brothers have cute banter and Michelle is a great performer. Danielle has a great voice, but she needs to work on loosening up physically and becoming a better performer. (3) How much industry support they will get. Obviously, Blake’s connections are strong in the country scene and he will be very helpful. Usher will probably sign Michelle immediately and get great producers to work with her. I’m not sure how well Amber will do. I haven’t seen Adam do that much post-season for his people (except Tony Lucca).

I would LOVE to see the “four divas” – Kathia, Judith, Sasha and Karina – form a group. They were AMAZING a Capella – and I think they could sell A LOT of cd’s. I hope they’ll consider it.

31. Timmah says:

Congrats to Danielle. I believe she exemplifies the idea of The Voice… a truly undiscovered and amazing raw talent that’s on its way to being refined by some of the best in the business. Congrats to Michelle and The Swons too, I’m sure the show will be a huge boost to their careers.

• Zod says:

Danielle is the first true amateur to win this show. Everyone else who’s gotten far have had record deals or been in the business for years except Trevin Hunte. Chris Mann may have had the most successful post-Voice career (before Cassadee), but he’s basically doing what he would’ve been doing anyway without The Voice.

• MC says:

Very true. I honestly feel The Voice will benefit more from this type of winner. A raw talent who many people (not everyone, of course) will be excited to hear from in the future. It feels like we (her fans) are discovering Danielle right along with Blake and the rest of America.

• Tim says:

I am just on an agree fest with Timmah today!

• whosays says:

This exemplifies American Idol, not The Voice. American Idol is idealized as the show that discovers the shower singer and makes them a star. The Voice, OTOH, has always been a second-chances show. With Danielle’s win, it just felt like the AI winner just won TVoice.

Just like AI bans contestants who are currently signed to a record contract, perhaps TVoice should ban contestants who’ve *never* had a contract or a singing gig (i.e. backup singer or broadway).

32. Abc says:

Well hoping BLANDbery flops!!!!

33. forwarddad says:

So very disappointed. Love Blake but time to take a break. Take a season off.

34. Jay says:

Got to say Danielle deserved it -when you hear her sing in a group performance, her tone is so much clearer than the other performers.. Most of the country songs blended into one for me but the show is called the voice and Danielle is unique in her consistency. Love Michelle but she drops off her notes way too much. On the other hand, she has twice the passion and vulnerability of the rest of them and I hope she can establish a good career.

• Ditto! Danielle has the VOICE. Has the IT factor. I noticed that too with the group performance. Amber is good too. Michelle’s voice is not even. Your right drops off many times. I really though Michelle was going to win, with the Bieber and seems like a huge buzz the last couple of weeks. But America voted for THE VOICE.

35. Ben says:

Danielle = Robot Barbie

36. AlyB says:

Oh well. I really wanted Michelle to win but the Danielle train was just unstoppable I guess. I actually really enjoyed her performance with Hunter Hayes. They looked adorable together up there and that’s the most animated I’ve seen her all season. Michelle did a fantastic job with One Republic. They sounded great together and she really is a pro on stage. Loved, loved, loved Judith, Sasha, Karina & Cathia doing the En Vogue song. They were terrific. Those were probably my favorite performances of the night.

I really hope Usher takes Michelle under his wing and works with her after the show. He does seem to believe in her and I don’t think he’d get involved in a show like this if he wasn’t interested in nurturing some new talent after the fact. I think the Swons will do well on the country circuit. This really gave them a platform for name recognition so I’m sure even if they don’t become superstars, they’ll work doing what they love and that means a lot.

We’ll see what happens with Danielle. She certainly has a great voice. She has to work on live performances because now that the show is over, that’s how’s she’s going to have to promote any music she puts out. It’s such an awkward age to break into the business. If she goes into too young a fan base, when she’s a couple years older she’s going to have to redefine herself It’s kind of what Miley Cyrus is dealing with and we all know she’s not dealing with it very well. I hope Blake’s guidance and support will launch her in a way that’s best for a long term career.

I guess that’s it till next season. I’m wishing the best for everyone who was on this season. They really did give us some great shows.

37. Tammy says:

I hope Usher either signs Michelle to his label or helps her find a label that will work with her. I really enjoyed her all season long.

They need to find the vocal coach that worked with Carrie Underwood when she won Idol for Danielle. They really improved Carrie’s range. I think I read she gained an octave or at least a half an octave from that work. (I say this all in a good way, I’m not putting down Danielle’s voice at all…. it helped Carrie, it could help her!)

Swon Brothers are so darn entertaining. Someone please make a reality show following them around after The Voice. I would watch it in a heart beat.

Time to concentrate on SYTYCD!!!!

38. MCS says:

Adding iTunes votes is skewing results. They have gotten greedy. Only phone in votes should count. Not watching this show anymore. Boring. Michelle was much more talented and a better singer. As stated by others it’s just become a country music contest. Not wasting my time on this.

• ajintexas says:

iTunes sales count for all of one vote for each sale. I welcome it because it has stopped all the texting and calling cheating that plagues American Idol.

• Cathy says:

The Voice has always limited the number of votes from each phone, unlike Idol. There’s no comparison. I think that iTunes sales shouldn’t count as votes but the contestants actually make little money on iTunes downloads so that’s a great incentive to vote via iTunes.

39. Jane says:

I’m going to miss Shakira so much. She’s sassy, charming, quick on her feet, and her smile. Strengths this season: Her compassion, vast vocabulary skills, intelligence, and feedback for the contestants. She truly cared for each contestant. How adorable was she yesterday with her trifecta support: Okies flag (Swon brothers), glasses (Michelle Chamuel), and country hat (Danielle). I loved what she said last night; “When you have humility on one side and talent on the other hand that makes the perfect recipe for long-term success.” I guess the Christina Aguilera fans should be happy the DIVA is back.

• Jane says:

I wish there was an edit button. I forgot to add, Shakira’s officially my favorite female judge on a singing reality show.

• algalhi says:

@Jane Totally agree re Shakira! She changed the show this season with the things she said and with her enthusiasm. She brightened the show and made it more fun. This is my dream team of judges/mentors.

40. NBC says:

Blake’s reign of boredom continues.

41. jaxguy says:

No surprise. These shows are for mindless America who likes safe. Just look at all of them. No one who takes a risk or who is interesting ever wins. Danielle is a really good singer, but……..She never fluctuated from homespun predictability. That’s why the only reason I will fast forward through the show is to see Judith Hill sing. I don’t want to believe America votes for Blake, but not one of his singers were as interesting as at least a dozen others who should have won in the past. These kind of patterns will eventually kill this show too. The complete lack of surprise, which I blame as much on the itunes fiasco, makes this show irritating. Remember all of you who will criticize my take on this, not everyone out there loved Jermaine, Cassadee or Danielle and season after season when the same predictable winner is announced the viewership beings to erode. Just ask Idol.

42. XTINA says:

All the best to Danielle Brandbery and her impending FLOP career. Next season, the BITCH is back!

43. jaxguy says:

By the way Judith Hill should have won. The best entertainer, the best singer and the most interesting. Amanda Brown should have won last year.
    I have heard nothing about Amanda so all of you who think just the exposure will launch the contestants career are probably wrong. I will definitely buy cds from Judith and Amanda.
    I may even buy Michelle but probably not by Danielle.

44. Gail says:

First time watching The Voice and think Michelle should have won, as she not only has a great, versatile voice, but also has a stage presence.
    Danielle has likeable country voice but no stage presence.
    Liked Usher and Shakira as judges.

• Danielle is the VOICE! America got it right! I really thought Michelle had it in the bag. The Bieber factor had me worried. Team Michelle, congrats to you too! Danielle has the total package. :)

45. Dutch says:

There is no reason to get upset over the winner or these things. If the show introduced you to an artist that you want to follow, then support and follow them. I look at the Voice as merely an introduction to the music industry. I think the next stage is to start song writing or get introduced to a song writer that will enhance their career. I do feel that this year had the largest group of talented voices of any season so far. I liked Sasha, Judith, Danielle, Michelle, and Kris Thomas…even the Swon Brothers grew on me. I like to think there is room for all of them in the music industry providing they get hooked up with the right producers/songwriters/band whatever.

46. Gail says:

Great point. Not only was I introduced to new artists and styles, but also new music which I enjoyed listening to.

47. Nicole says:

Another predictable season complete, but at the end there, I definitely thought Michelle had a chance to pull ahead. I definitely think Danielle deserved to win over the other two based on vocals, but really, there were at least four or five others who were already eliminated who could probably outsing any of the Final Three. Hopefully next season they’ll ditch that horrid iTunes Top Ten rule and make ‘Voice’ finales remotely interesting and not obvious in terms of who would win.

Favorite performance of the night was easily Danielle, Caroline, Sarah, and Amber on the Carrie Underwood song. The OneRepublic song was also incredibly catchy, and Michelle actually delivered a solid vocal.

Vedo sounded surprisingly strong tonight, while Kris, Garrett, and Josiah didn’t quite match up, which just goes to show that song choice can really screw you over in this competition.

Overall a pretty entertaining night, although I tended to fast-forward through performances that didn’t feature a finalist.

48. Nicole says:

Oh yes, and I totally ship Danielle and Hunter Hayes. Thank goodness she was able to sing with someone her age!

49. Mal says:

In ten years we will look back at this season of the Voice as the start of Michelle’s career. She is truly unique. Her energy is fantastic, her personality endearing, and her voice eclectic and special. America needs more Michelles. Danielle, though talented, is a boring performer. Let’s just add her To the list of teen queen singers singing about another heartbreak before the Prom.

People who actually purchase music and have the power to make it popular will latch on to Michelle. Look to social media and music critics, so many of them predicted this exact outcome but said Michelle was the one they wanted/ deserved to win.

• Cathy says:

Amen!

• Aranda says:

Michelle who?

Kidding! I like Michelle, but I don’t see her getting a great career from this, honestly.

• JSR says:

Well, Mai you are entitled to your opinion however there are many who believe both Michelle and Danielle will have their own very fine careers doing exactly what they were born to do. Why? Because they have completely different styles-Danielle is not boring and neither is Michelle but she does have a style she sticks to that could be considered boring and predictable. I don’t look at that, I listen to their sound and THAT is what makes them unique, not boring.

50. Shut my mouth! America got it right! DANIELLE is the VOICE! Let’s do the dance of JOY!
    :) :) :)