It's Official: Anger Management's Selma Blair Abruptly Exits in Midst of Show's 90-Episode Run

Selma Blair Fired Anger ManagementThe doctor is out.

Confirming recent rumblings, Anger Management producer Lionsgate has announced that Selma Blair‘s days as therapist Dr. Kate Wales have abruptly come to an end, just as the FX sitcom reaches the midway point in shooting its 90-episode second season.

“Selma Blair will not be returning to Anger Management,” reads a brief statement from the studio, “and we wish her the very best.”

RELATED | Anger Management to Run Non-Stop for Two Years, and Other FX News

TMZ had reported earlier this week that upon returning from a production hiatus and amid depressed ratings (cue Monday-night showcase on mothership Fox), Blair openly complained about series lead/executive producer Charlie Sheen’s work ethic (or lack thereof). After Sheen got wind of the criticism, he allegedly fired the actress and refused to shoot if she showed up for work.

UPDATE: Our sister site Deadline reports that Sheen fired Blair via text, and that she was not the only cast member — just the most vocal — to complain about his work habits. Her role will not be recast; instead, a new female character will fill the void as the show quickly revamps upcoming scripts to stay in production.

RELATED | Billy Crystal to Headline FX’s Comedians Pilot

Blair has been with the show since its summer 2012 premiere, playing the fictional Charlie’s therapist and “friend with benefits.” In her absence, TMZ claims Sheen wants Mila Kunis for a 10-episode arc.

RELATED | Guillermo Del Tor’s The Strain Pilot for FX Adds John Hurt

Episode 25 of Anger Management‘s second season airs this Thursday at 9:30.

Comments (98)

• I’m honestly not mad at Selma Blair. If Charlie continues to be difficult than it’s tough working in that kind of environment. It’s clearly not the first time he’s been accused of slacking off on his job (See: Two and a Half Men) I definitely think he should be publicly called out on it.

Also, RUN MILA, RUN !!! Lol

Comment by James – June 18, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Took the words out of my mouth.

“The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him in the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk, but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then, perhaps it’s time to go shopping for a saddle.”

Comment by claire – June 18, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He wants Mila because she’s with Ashton. He can’t get over being replaced..

Comment by lyn – June 18, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Interesting observation. I hadn’t thought of that.

Comment by Hmmm... – June 18, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA!

Comment by Mel – June 18, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought the same thing. hahaha I hope she runs. I hope she runs far! :)

Comment by Kim R – June 19, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Hollywood Reporter says that he has to learn 40 pages of script a week and shoot two shows. Maybe he’s just struggling to keep up with the pace and learn all the dialogue.
      ~
      A cardinal rule of work is that you don’t try to go over the head of the most important person at work, especially not when they got you the job.
      ~
      If I were Charlie, I would be furious too because no matter what happens, everyone is going to assume the worst, and he has made an attempt recently to appear more responsible. He is still sending out rude messages to various people, but he is not going on drugged out, crazy binges in hotel rooms.

Comment by Chester – June 19, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So of course the best thing to do would be to insult someone and then fire them instead of working it out like an adult. Yeah, he’s really trying hard to be responsible.

Comment by Mellie – June 19, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you have a job? What would happen if you did something like this to your boss?

Comment by Chester – June 19, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It happens all the time. It shouldn’t have gotten back to Charlie that it was Blair who complained.

Comment by TV Gord – June 19, 2013 12:38 PM PDT
        • If I were Selma, I would have tried to work it out with Charlie. It sounds like he is overworked. If I could not do so, I would have a choice, stay or go. But going behind someone’s back is sure to elicit a furious response, especially by someone with Charlie’s temperament who almost had his career ruined after accusations like this.

Comment by Chester – June 19, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “Overworked”, my shiney hiney… the guy’s an a**. Leopards…spots…and all that. And his career was almost ruined because the accusations were true. Selma should consider herself lucky to get out of that negative environment.

Comment by kajar – June 19, 2013 01:18 PM PDT
          • The facts are that he has to memorize 40 pages of script a week and shoot two shows, so he probably works harder than most of us do.

Comment by Lulu – June 19, 2013 01:30 PM PDT
          • Lulu, that may very well be true but the other fact remains that he didn’t even try to sit down with Selma or anyone else and work it out. Maybe if he had taken the time to explain the situation or perhaps even expressed his difficulty to the other producers on the show to take some of the pressure off things would have worked out OK. Instead, he threw a fit and had her fired. He may not be completely in the wrong here but he sure as heck isn’t completely right either. And if he is truly trying to show that he has changed his ways and is acting responsibly this was an epic fail.

Comment by Jeff – June 19, 2013 02:15 PM PDT
          • Selma was the one who did not try to work it out with Charlie. She stabbed him in the back.

Comment by Lulu – June 19, 2013 02:57 PM PDT
  • Selma Blair is a damn good actress. Sheen is lucky to have her, so he needs to respect her as an actress and professional as well.

He needs to learn that he can’t carry on acting the way he is and expect to continue with his career.

Comment by Cherry – June 18, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But he’s acted this way for decades (and been consistently horrible to women outside of work, as well), and continues to have a career. There’s no reason he shouldn’t expect to get his way as long as networks continue to give him shows.

Comment by hlots11 – June 18, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like Charlie’s back on the coke of you ask me.

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – June 18, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my first thought. In fact I assumed he must be to manage to do 90 shows in just two years. Maybe not everyone else wants to work at cokehead pace. Which can also mean periods of slacking off on work and then getting yourself all coked up and expecting everyone else to work doubletime to help you get caught up.

Comment by ajintexas – June 18, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When you combine it with his rant at the “Back Door Teen Mom” last week, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

Comment by TV Gord – June 19, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, this is exactly what Mila Kunis wants to do.

Comment by AJ – June 18, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Selma can find a good show now.

Comment by Steven – June 18, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true. She’s a great actress when she’s given decent material. They ain’t giving her anything on Anger Management.

Comment by James – June 18, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True. With the right script and ensemble, she can do really well. I actually think if Anna Faris wasn’t cast in Mom, Selma would have been a good choice.

Comment by VMism – June 18, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is the only reason I watch this show.

Comment by Chris – June 18, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t mind seeing Mila Kunids instead.

Comment by Esaul – June 18, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You mean Charlie Sheen is difficult to work and unprofessional? Well just knock me over with a feather.

Comment by Happy Go Lucky – June 18, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahahahaha your comment is so accurate.

Comment by Tinemi – June 19, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still don’t get why FX did the 90 episode run thing…It’s gotten bad ratings and zero good press.

Comment by Josh – June 18, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because this deal was made in the five minutes in 2011 when people actually still cared about Charlie Sheen.

Comment by Happy Go Lucky – June 18, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THIS. When the show first debuted, it had monster ratings for FX. FX jumped the gun and ordering 90 episodes – a decision I’m sure they’re regretting as the ratings began to plummet.

Comment by James – June 18, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the deal was if AM met a certain ratings level, FX was obligated to pay for the additional 90 episodes. I don’t think they thought the ratings would be so high.. And now they must pay. Might as well get the episodes for syndication versus paying Sheen for no work.

Comment by DarkDefender – June 18, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched the show. I am a Selma Blair fan going back to “Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane” (has anyone seen Azura Skye lately? I liked her too) but can’t watch Charlie Sheen. Just can’t do it.

If they have to fire someone, my vote is to fire him.

Comment by Drew – June 18, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Azura was in a few episodes of the first season of American Horror Story. Haven’t seen her in anything since then.

Comment by Joey – June 18, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane!!

Comment by Mikael – June 19, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Mila has better judgement than to sign on to this show – really like Mila, so would be a shame for her to do this showl….

Comment by LisaB – June 18, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mila’s too big/good to do Charlies little low-rated show. I bet if Selma wasn’t getting a good paycheck she’d ask to be fired. There’s nothing worse than working with someone who’s barely phoning it in. I never understood why FX made that deal. I watched the first show with an open mind and was very unimpressed.

Comment by Mel – June 18, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheen’s deal with Fox probably has more behavior modification devices in it than a stay at Betty Ford. He’s a one trick pony, and the trick just isn’t that entertaining anymore. The production offices can probably be shut down quicker than Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, with about as much lasting influence. Lots of folks will just have a blank spot on their résumés because of being involved in this exploitative mess.

Comment by Mstrmike – June 18, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mila Kunis: “Okay, can you put my giant movie career on hold, I’m going to do Anger Management.” Hahahahahaha

Comment by dude – June 18, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For 10 million dollars over what would probably be 6-8 weeks of work? That might not be that repellant. For all her movie stardom, she has never opened a movie. She may be the lead female, but it is almost always alongside a much higher profile male costar. IOW she is not making F U money.

10 mill for bit part work over 2 months? She might take Charlie’s money and laugh all the way to the bank.

Comment by Patrick – June 18, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The 10 million is hardly worth losing all her movie star credibility for a Charlie Sheen show that’s highest profile guest star was Lindsay Lohan. No one would respect her.

Comment by dude – June 18, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • First off, the show shoots one episode a week, Just like HIMYM, but while it is a multi-cam show, there is no live audience. They screen an episode for an audience on the monitors and get the audience laughter that way. So that is 10 weeks of work with likely one week off after every 4th episode (all sitcoms have this schedule) so you’re looking at 3 months of work.

I doubt that she’ll want to be on the set with a d-bag who trashed her boyfriend when got replaced by Ashton on Men. Not worth the aggravation of working with Charlie, I think.

Comment by rowan77 – June 18, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There is no way in the world that FX and Lionsgate are going to pay Mila Kunis (or anyone else) $1 million per episode for 10 episodes. Might they try some stunt casting to boost ratings? Sure. Will they spend $10 million on stunt casting? Never.

Comment by JC – June 18, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He would have to pay her that money out of his own pocket. $10 million is blowing smoke. There is no way FX would pay her that money!!

Comment by Aeol – June 19, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are all forgetting this: this is not a good show. It is awful. The writing is poor and the acting is mediocre. It is not enjoyable to watch. And of course Sheen won’t change his ways, so run Selma Blair! Far from there! How FX gave this a 90 episode order is beyond me.

Comment by Alex – June 18, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The ratings were good at the beginning from people who love train wrecks. What made FX think that would last? But I wonder why Selma Blair took the gig in the first place! Glutton for punishment?

Comment by Sheila – June 19, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HA! of course he wants mila kunis. she’s young and hot. which isn’t to say selma blair is not, i dig her, but i think it’s time for hollywood to get off the sinking ship that is charlie sheen. what is it about him that people can’t see he’s a hopeless narcissist?

Comment by cjeffery7 – June 18, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched the show here and there, and think that Selma was the best part of it. I’m sad that she lost her job because he can’t act like an adult.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – June 18, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He need’s to suck it up, before he pushes his luck and they black list his ass!

Comment by Christopher Boyer – June 18, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched it but wasn’t aware that season 2 is 90 eps. I thought they made a deal to make like 5 or 6 seasons to total 100 episodes. I can’t take 90 episodes of any show in a 2 year period. What a bad idea. I guess that’s the maximum span they thought they could keep him clean. Guess they were wrong.

Comment by ajintexas – June 18, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was the original idea, but once the viewership numbers came in, they just decided to run through the eps. Plus, Charlie is usually on pretty good behavior when he is working. It is during hiatuses where gets into trouble. Idle hands, devil’s playground, etc.

Comment by Patrick – June 18, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I understood the same thing – 90 episode order commitment, but rather than spread that out over 4-5 years, they are trying to get as many episodes done quickly as possible, perhaps fearing those hiatus’ that you noted.

However, working that hard with no real breaks has got to be getting hard on cast and crew… and Charlie….that’s a lot of episodes to push through in a short time span, ratings challenges and all. I know the goal is to ‘get to syndication’, but that’s a rough ride getting there.

Selma may just be the first of several co-stars on the show who may need/want to move on prior to completing the full 90. Charlie may end up the only cast member to appear in all episodes, and then they may mix-match actors for long arcs. I just think the stress and strain of the shooting schedule will start getting to the cast and crew – and that’s when tempers will flare.

I wish Selma the best – she’s good and she’ll land on her feet.

Comment by Just call me 'Tiger Blood' – June 18, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why couldn’t Emilio Estevez be the the famous son in this family? Some freakin’ people…

Comment by Stephanie – June 18, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also have a lot of respect and admiration for Martin Sheen, but Charlie is a terrible human being.

Comment by Hurley – June 19, 2013 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Run Selma! RUN! You’re too good for that sleazebag!

Comment by John – June 18, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two things: 1.) Selma Blair deserves better than this mediocre series. 2.) Why in hell would Mila Kunis, who is having quite a successful movie career right now, want to work with Charlie Sheen?

Comment by Jimmy – June 18, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He syas she is a problem i think its him. Geez he has a problem everywhere he goes. Its too bad selma’s character is important to the show. I really like her on here. If they fire her i will have to stop watching its just ok anyway.

Comment by shadester – June 18, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just cancel it..the ratings are pathetic and I promise nobody would care!

Comment by Jared – June 18, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a classic falling-ratings PR stunt

Comment by cuius – June 18, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone really surprised that Charlie Sheen is difficult to work with and that he has no work ethic. I mean seriously I’m shocked it took this long for Selma to say anything. I won’t lie I watch the show and it is cute; it’s nothing spectacular…it’s not two and a half men (before Ashton) but it’s not horrible. BUT I still have no idea how it got a 90 episode second season order. Yea I’m wondering whose dick did Charlie had to suck to get that sweet deal??? Anyway, let’s see how long before FX finally says ENOUGH and cancels this show. Then Charlie will be “winning” again and he’ll be back on the road, slamming FX and the creator of this show as well. Oh well keeps him relevant I guess ha-ha

Comment by Lena – June 18, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is horrible. It’s not funny and the writing sounds like it was written by a 13 year-old. The best part of it is Noureen Dewulf.

Comment by dude – June 18, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie gets paid whether they make the show or not. They had the option after the initial 10 shows to either order 90 more or none. The first 10 did well in the ratings, so they went with the 90. Over 2 years though, that’s nearly a show a week, which is a ridiculous schedule. No actual network would make that deal, but FX was a little desperate, so here we are. If I were Selma, I’d love to be fired. If I were Mila, I’d laugh in Charlie’s face. And if I were FX, I’d be praying for a Charlie meltdown/violation of his contract so I could cancel this mess.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – June 18, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you 100% – as I noted above, that shooting schedule is unbelievable – I don’t know how they are going to be able to keep this pace up to reach 90 episodes in just a couple of years. I don’t think that has ever been attempted. Even back in the ‘old days’, when a syndicated series like ‘Sea Hunt’, or the old B/W comedy sitcom series in the early ’60s [Bewitched, B Hillbillies] – they might try 35 episodes a season, but those series ran like clockwork by very disciplined teams – that’s around 70 episodes in two years. But 90! Remarkable. I wonder if they’ll (and Charlie) be able to keep up this pace for much longer?

Comment by Just call me 'Tiger Blood' – June 18, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This sort of came from the Tyler Perry deal with TBS. They ran 254 episodes of House of Payne on TBS in 5 years. From 2007-2012. It’s very possible to do but is really overkill.

On another note, I actually really haven’t like Selma Blair on the show. I’d much rather them just use Shawnee Smith more. I’ve always liked her and I think her and Sheen have a far more interesting dynamic and chemistry than he did with Selma.

Comment by RobMF – June 19, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you. Someone else who didn’t like Selma Blair on the show. I always thought it would have been better with someone else in that role. I don’t much care for her as an actress. Shawnee Smith is a hoot…..would love to see more of her!

Comment by Linda – June 19, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT?!?!?! Charlie Sheen can’t get along with someone?!?!?!?! Well, smack my behind and call me Judy.

Comment by Beth – June 18, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • selma should consider herself lucky to get out of this lame show and away from working.with charlie. hope she snags herself a role in a show that i do watch.

Comment by Kessa Haych – June 18, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Selma Blair is better off leaving this trainwreck of a series and can now focus on projects worthy of her talent. I’ll be surprised if this show makes it to 100 episodes. The ratings are pathetic and its not even half way through the order.

Comment by Jared – June 18, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • only watched it coz i really like her so ill b stoping watching when her last episode airs , and really mila kunas ? like thats ever going to happen shes far to big a star to slum on a low rated tv show

Comment by PeterW – June 18, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never watched this show but 90 episodes? Really? Is this a Tyler Perry show? I think those have a crazy number of episodes, even though probably no one watches them. Do we really need to give Charlie Sheen more money and more of an ego stroke? Even if the deal was made years ago, that’s just crazy. Either way, I’ve never been a fan of Selma Blair, but I’m sure she can do better. I know Mila Kunis can.

Comment by Lindsey – June 18, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Sheen is certainly no saint. However, I never felt that there was any chemistry between the two anyway. Mila’s a great girl. I knew her when we both worked at CBS Radford.

Comment by Lily – June 18, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I often wonder why I go out of my way to record and watch this show. I guess I was believing Charlie Harper had changed his stripes. I often wondered as well how Selma could stand kissing him. I guess it wasn’t that big a deal for her since she kissed his ass to try to save her job. Sounds like another train wreck on the way….

Comment by Handsome Smitty – June 18, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see how this could possibly be a bad thing for Selma Blair.

Comment by Sara – June 18, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone happen to notice the names Martin Sheen & Estevez in the credits…that is why he got a deal…

Comment by cmon – June 18, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Selma Blair is going, “Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I’m free at last!”

Also, to Mila Kunis… RUN!!!

Comment by Steve F. – June 18, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was shocked when AM first started that Selma signed on, she’s way too good for the show. Hopefully she lands somewhere else soon and Hollywood will officially be over Charlie Sheen

Comment by mia – June 18, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sucks for selma she was probably going to make a ridiculous amount of money one the show got into syndication

Comment by mike10dude – June 18, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I made the connection with Mila Kunis immediately. I don’t think it’s about Charlie’s “difficulty” with being replaced. He’s actually highly intelligent. He and Selma didn’t click anyway. I think both Mila and Ashton would find this a kick. So why not? Go for it, Mila.

Comment by april-ann – June 18, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Being intelligent doesn’t stop you from also being a schmuck

Comment by Sheila – June 19, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess Charlie sheen can’t handle the truth.

Comment by John – June 18, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is the best thing to happen for Selma Blair.

Comment by Alexandra – June 18, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was surprised to see her on there in the first place. May she go on to bigger and better things.

Comment by april-ann – June 18, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every single woman on his shows have the same exact role – woman with various career that seems smart and confident but feels the urge to jump into bed with Charlie as soon as they meet him. His new show and old show are pretty much the same. It’s all about his ego and it’s getting old. The show would be perfect without him on it… great therapy group, ex-wife, neighbors, prisoners and even Kate was good. but Charlie is a one-note hack and I feel that he’s running out of second chances.

Comment by Brendan – June 18, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? What shows of “his” are you watching exactly? I have watched almost every episode of Two and a Half Men before the appearance of insipid fiance. Smart, confident women with various careers? I really, really don’t think so. Beautiful, many not so smart or confident but almost all felt the urge to jump into bed with Charlie. That was the gist of the show. And the beauty of it. Like it or not. I happened to like it. It was different and really, really funny. He’s intelligent and funny and was very good on that show. You can hate his actions in real life (I personally don’t judge the actions of others) but I don’t think anyone can deny his talent.

Comment by april-ann – June 18, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I will deny it vehemently. He has no freaking ‘talent’.

Comment by John – June 19, 2013 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the scenes with the people in the group therapy. I fast forward everything else. The group is a hoot, the rest are a snore, imho.

Comment by prish – June 18, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Selma Blair is out! I never liked her on the show! Watching Charlie Sheen in past movies and on Two and a Half Men you can see that he has chemistry with everyone! I mean, seriously, the guy could do scenes with a tree and have chemistry with the leaves but there was never any chemistry with Blair! I think she is the only person I’ve ever seen work with Charlie Sheen and have absolutely nothing there! They ought to hire Melanie Lynsky or Judy Greer who guest starred as Aunt Myra on Two and a Half Men!

Comment by Caro – June 18, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve really gotten into the show. I really wanted more Selma Blair. That won’t happen. I didn’t know all 90 episodes would be in the second season. Wow!

Comment by Mark – June 18, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he gets Shawnee Smith fired next! She is the worst actress i have ever seen!!!!

Comment by CBWBDK1 – June 19, 2013 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad turn of events. Charlie Sheen is toxic and the more Hollywood (and his viewers) continue to tolerate his egotism then no one else but Sheen himself stands to benefit.
    Selma Blair is better off. Give her her own show ABC!

Comment by Miranda – June 19, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she sues FX and Lionsgate for the remainder of her contract, and I’m sure producers/directors who know what a lunatic Sheen is wont have any problems finding a new job for her. If this isn’t proof that he IS completely delusional and unprofessional, I don’t know what is. I’m glad it’s gotten out that she complained about his work ethic and that’s why she was fired; I’ll bet there are entertainment lawyers blowing up her phone right now!

Comment by Aeol – June 19, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Follow the Deadline link; she is being paid her contract.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 19, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be removed from my DVR schedule this evening. Screw Charlie; he’s like a 6 year old who couldn’t get his wat

Comment by Bob – June 19, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait. What’s that sound I hear? Oh, it’s Chuck Lorre laughing his @$$ off. Hmm…I smell a Selma Blair arc on Two and a Half Men next season!

Comment by Bob – June 19, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Love the show….people are just jealous of his decades of success + his father. They are great people and with a good heart, and whe pushes back, thats all. Mila Kunis is an aquantance of mine…we go to the same Synagogue. She is a very nice person as well. Selma Blair should not of talked to her boss …especially behind his back. All of us would of done the same thing and fired her. She thinks she’s all that….but really not at all. The only suggestion I have for the show is to remove the prison scenes that have too violent and disgusting language and not funny. But the rest of the show is even better than 2 and half men. Charlie rules!!!

Comment by Eli – November 24, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post