Ratings: Bachelorette and Mistresses Hit Lows

Get More: News, Ratings

DESIREE HARTSOCK, BROOKSABC’s The Bachelorette this Monday drew 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating, slipping 6 percent and two tenths (to a season-low demo).

Mistresses led out of that with 3.8 mil/1.2, down 10 percent and two tenths, tying its lowest rating to date.

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Yikes! Someone Actually Said, ‘The Worst Is Over’

Over on NBC, The Voice did 12.3 mil and a 3.5, ticking up week-to-week but down in the demo from its previous two final sing-offs (13.2 mil/4.2 last December, 10.7 mil/3.8 in May 2012). (Read Slezak’s recap.)

RELATED | Fall TV Poll, Monday: Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fox’s The Goodwin Games (1.46 mil/0.5) ticked down a tenth…. NBC’s The Winner Is (6.9 mil/2.0) rose 10 percent and two tenths from its debut.

Tags:

Comments (24)

• i think we need to find a way to sterilize those who watch the bachelor

Comment by andrew – June 18, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and participate :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 18, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya know, Mistresses is good dirty fun but very predictable, of course. These women are complete disasters and I’m loving it. It’s a guilty pleasure :-) I’ll continue to watch if for no other reason, also there’s nothing else for me at that time. When, WHEN, it goes, no biggie, lol.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 18, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE mistresses. definitely a guilty pleasure!!

Comment by Elyse – June 18, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About The Bachelorette: That’s amazing and I hope they’re all in it for the right reason. *Snerk*

Comment by Lily – June 18, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like bachelor pad I think the bachelor and bachelorette need to take a season off. Or maybe only air one of these shows per year. Two hours every week for almost the whole tv season is too much. Same with voice and American idol which I quit watching. Maybe the networks can develop more shows instead of filling hours of timeslots on the same crap each week.

Comment by Marie – June 18, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t take no more of the Bachelor/Bachelorette or the Voice. They come on all year around and then give us a month break. It doesn’t need to be on for two hours for four days a week. NBC and ABC please take give us a break. The same goes for Dancing with the Stars

Comment by newinkpop – June 18, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually the Voice was cancelled earlier this season. NBC has been running repeats of Nashville Star in its place.

Comment by Et al. – June 18, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ROFL!

Comment by Madriley – June 18, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It might be cancelled in your part of the country, but it’s still alive in Virginia

Comment by newinkpop – June 19, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame about Mistresses.It’s trashy, predictable fun.I think people are judging it by the title but it’s not condoning cheating by any means.I don’t understand why The Bachelor is still running.Way past its used by date.

Comment by l – June 18, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mistress’s problem isn’t that it condones cheating, which it may or may not do. The problem is that people don’t like to watch shows where the leads are essentially bad. In shows like Breaking Bad, the inherent badness of the central character is the point. He is a villain.

But Mistresses is asking viewers to be sympathetic towards unsympathetic characters. That only works on cable, when the show can add extra violence and graphic nudity/sex scenes. The equation won’t work on network TV.

Comment by Patrick – June 18, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my problem with mistresses was that the pilot was wayyy too predictable, combine that with less than stellar acting and it becomes very forgettable

Comment by jenna – June 18, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geeze, you Americans need to watch Mistresses! I love it, and it’s a greta, fun, summer show. It can’t be cancelled. It can’t!

Comment by Cherry – June 18, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was enjoying “The Winner Is…” until the “101″ voted for that God-Awful 10 year old.
    The show lost all credibility.

Comment by Alienate – June 18, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was the best episode of the Bachelorette ever. All because of Manny and Jan. Finally a couple on the Bachelorette that can last.

Comment by Gerald – June 18, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That 10 year old yikes.

Comment by Chablis – June 18, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bachelorette is a different show every season because of the different people on it change. Don’t cancel Bachelorette or Mistresses. Last night I actually watched Mistresses and really enjoyed it, surprisingly. Now I’m hooked!

Also, the Voice should’ve been over a long time ago. I like the show, but the season is dragging on. Way over it. I can’t believe they still haven’t picked a winner.

Comment by ambell – June 18, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching Mistresses and its a HORRIBLE show. The acting and scripts are just awful. That being said, I’ll continue to watch it because nothing else is on at that time and I do like the real estate gilr (the sister to Alyssa Milano’s character). She is actually interesting. The other characters are written pretty badly and the stories are predictable. I don’t think it condones cheating at all, but rather writes stories from all perspectives. i want to like it and hope it gets better, but I doubt it will go past this summer.
    And I agree on teh Bachelor/ette and Voice. Never watched any of them. I prefer Burning Love, the satirical take on those shows. Its hilarious.

Comment by liza180 – June 18, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses is trash and the Bachelorette is typical reality TV GARBAGE! Anyone who actually watches these shows has no standards as well as the IQ of a houseplant!

Comment by Caro – June 18, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Speaking as someone with an IQ of a houseplant, I enjoy Mistresses. Who cares if it is predictable, as I find most shows are these days. I have also watched way worse actresses/actors so I’m not that put off by their acting abilities. Also I was looking for mindless entertainment for the summer, not something I had to invest a lot into. Also, look at ABC’s other summer lineup, I don’t think a 1.2 demo rating for a 10 pm show is actually too bad.

Comment by cas – June 19, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The British version of Mistresses is way better. More dramatic and better character development. Seems like they skimped on the US version.

Comment by Lee – July 10, 2013 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post