TVLine Items: Doctor Who Star Books Death-ly Role, Ray Donovan Premiere Video and More
Based on the suspense novel by P.D. James, the serial — which is timed to P and P‘s 200th anniversary — centers on three of author Jane Austen’s iconic characters: Mr. Darcy (played by Matthew Rhys) Elizabeth Bennet (Anna Maxwell Martin) and George Wickham (Matthew Goode).
Coleman joins Pemberley as Elizabeth’s sister and George’s wife Lydia.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Fans eager for the debut of Showtime’s new drama Ray Donovan need not wait any longer. The cabler on Tuesday released the pilot ahead of its June 30 television premiere. Watch the installment below, then hit the comments with your thoughts.
• The Mickey Mouse of yesteryear is making his way back to Disney Channel. A new 2D animated series, titled Mickey Mouse, bows the weekend of June 28 (8:30/7:30c) with three fresh shorts. New installments will follow on Fridays, beginning July 5.
• TNT’s Falling Skies this Sunday drew just 2.8 million total viewers and a series-low 1.0 demo rating against the NBA Finals and True Blood‘s return, dropping 33 percent from its Season 3 premiere.
• HBO’s Hard Knocks will follow the Cincinnati Bengals in its upcoming season, bowing Aug. 6. This marks the second time the team has starred on the NFL training-camp series.
• Michael Gaston (The Mentalist, Damages) has joined HBO’s The Leftovers, a Rapture-esque drama pilot from Damon Lindelof (Lost) and author Tom Perrotta. Gaston will play a man who knows something is amiss and takes (sometimes violent) steps to address it.
• Oscar winner Jonathan Demme (The Silence of the Lambs) has been tapped to direct and produce AMC’s sci-fi pilot Line of Sight. From Brotherhood‘s Blake Masters, the genre-bending project centers on a National Transportation Safety Board investigator who survives a plane crash.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?