Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: CBS Launch Dates Include How I Met Your Mother's Hour-Long Final Premiere

CBS Premiere Dates 2013CBS is the first network out of the gate with premiere dates for the 2013-14 TV season, and it will kick things off with the Season 27 premiere of Survivor.

Premiere Week officially arrives, however, the day after the Eye hosts the Neil Patrick Harris-hosted Primetime Emmy Awards, beginning with its rejiggered Monday sitcom lineup — opening Sept. 23 with How I Met Your Mother‘s hour-long final season premiere — and which now is paired with the 13-episode thriller Hostages.

RELATED | Your Complete Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

CBS’ premiere plan by and large wraps Sunday, Sept. 29 with the tried-and-true combo of 60 Minutes/The Amazing Race/The Good Wife/The Mentalist.

CBS also locked in one midseason launch date: Intelligence, which stars Josh Holloway (Lost), Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI), will premiere Monday. Feb. 24 at 10/9c. (Also on tap for midseason but not yet scheduled: Mike & Molly and the new series Bad Teacher,  Friends With Better Lives and Reckless.)

All told, the network’s launch plan will play out like this:

Wednesday, Sept. 18
8 pm Survivor (Season 27 premiere, 90 minutes)

Sunday, Sept. 22
8 pm The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Makes Cristin ‘Mom’ Milioti a Series Regular for Final Season

Monday, Sept. 23
8pm How I Met Your Mother (Season 9/final season)
9 pm 2 Broke Girls (Season 3)
9:30 pm MOM (new series)
10 pm HOSTAGES (new series)

RELATED | Watch Trailers For Mom, The Crazy Ones, Intelligence and Other New CBS Series

Tuesday, Sept. 24
8 pm NCIS (Season 11)
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 5)
10 pm Person of Interest (Season 3)

Wednesday, Sept. 25
9 pm Criminal Minds (Season 9)
10 pm CSI (Season 14)

RELATED | CBS Cancels CSI: NY, Rules of Engagement, Vegas and Golden Boy

Thursday, Sept. 26
8 pm The Big Bang Theory (Season 7)
8:30 pm THE MILLERS (new series)
9 pm THE CRAZY ONES (new series)
9:30 pm Two and a Half Men (Season 11)
10 pm Elementary (Season 2)

RELATED | Two and a Half Men Adding Full-Time Female to Cast — and There’s a Charlie Connection!

Friday, Sept. 27
8 pm Undercover Boss (Season 5)
9 pm Hawaii Five-0 (Season 4)
10 pm Blue Bloods (Season 4)

RELATED | Blue Bloods Promotes Marisa Ramirez to Series Regular, as Danny’s Newest Partner

Saturday, Sept. 28
10 pm 48 Hours (Season 26)

Sunday, Sept. 29
7 pm 60 Minutes (Season 46)
8 pm The Amazing Race (23rd Edition)
9 pm The Good Wife (Season 5)
10 pm The Mentalist (Season 6)

RELATED | Good Wife Scoop: Season 5 to Introduce New Trio, Including Love Interest for [Spoiler]

Monday, Sept. 30
8:30 pm WE ARE MEN (new series)

Monday, Feb. 24
10 pm INTELLIGENCE (new series)

Comments (71)

• America’s Most Watched Network is my least watched. HIMYM of course. Then just The Crazy Ones, because not watching that would be a sin in my eyes.

Comment by a – June 17, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m curious, what is your favourite/most watched network?

Comment by Debbie Schmidt – June 17, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watch ncis on cbs and on usa when the reruns are on. Gibbs is my man,Im 77 so the others are too young, I love them all.Very seldom do I watch any thing else,nothing is as good as ncis.

Comment by corinne west – June 17, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • me too,I like them all but I think GIBBS should move to MEXICO and let someone take over the lead.

Comment by Joe – June 17, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No Joe, Gibbs makes the show. If he goes so would the show. Please keep him there.

Comment by Mkie – June 18, 2013 11:16 AM PDT
        • i watch every episode and repeats as love show gibbs is my favourite then abbie and i have always loved david macallum from when he was illya kuriakin in man from uncle i love them all
          don’t ever leave gibbs as you make the show special

Comment by jackie malaugh – June 18, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • True Gibbs is the mainstay of the show but if got even better when Magee joined the cast.

Comment by Baron Herman – July 29, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol. It’s my least watched too. Other than Big Bang Theory I haven’t watched anything on it for years other than the occasional How I Met Your Mother rerun

Comment by Ally Oop – June 17, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excluding The CW (I’m not their well-targeted demo), its my least watched network. I watch HIMYM and Big Bang, but I watch more things on ABC, FOX and NBC. Hell, I watch more things on AMC, HBO, and FX than CBS.

Comment by Adam – June 17, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I only watch Big Bang Theory. But I’ll also be checking out Mom and The Crazy Ones this season.

Comment by rawley – June 17, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I expect strong ratings for NCIS still regardless of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Comment by Esaul – June 17, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 17, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shield will be cancelled within 6 episodes. It will start off with stellar ratings. And then plummet in week 2 and 3 when the general watching public realizes they dont know anyof the 2and 3rd tier heroes in it.

Comment by Len – June 17, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mhm. Agreed. Or at least, it will have average ratings for the network too, whereas NCIS will remain strong. I admit, bold move putting it against NCIS though.

Comment by Esaul – June 17, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, grandma and grandpa have gotta watch something!

Comment by rawley – June 17, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So out of touch. But that’s okay. I’m twnety-two and started watching NCIS back when I was twelve with my dad. It’s a show that appeals to everyone.

Comment by Esaul – June 17, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you Esaul for the reality check.

Comment by suzi – June 18, 2013 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hear, hear. I’m 24 and have been watching NCIS since I was a teenager. Used to be a great show, and while it’s not as good as it used to be it’s still pretty good and something I follow on a weekly basis.

Comment by Kasper – June 18, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah i’ll be watching ncis! i would have loved to watch shield live but ncis has been my show for many many years! i cant stop watching now!

Comment by laura – June 18, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, so if The Good Wife premieres on 9/29 and Unforgettable gets a 13-episodes run premiering on 7/28… when will the remaing episodes air?

Comment by Olivia – June 17, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still going to have to deal with NFL run overs with the Good Wife. Sigh.

Comment by Kate – June 17, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for Wednesday’s at 8? Hmmm…

Comment by Alyssa – June 17, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SURVIVOR.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 17, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Look at the beginning of the list – Survivor premieres a week earlier at 8pm

Comment by Jean – June 17, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Survivor. It’s the very first thing listed in this article- Survivor, Wednesday September 18th at 8 pm.

Comment by maltru – June 17, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodness :-) It’s way to soon for me to give this much thought. It’s not even the first day of summer yet, lol.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 17, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Monday at 8.30pm??

Comment by Martin – June 17, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See the final entry — WE ARE MEN premieres “late.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 17, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HIMYM’s season premiere will be an hour long episode, just like it says in the title.

Comment by Babar – June 17, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS is by far the network I like the least just in terms of “number of shows I watch”, but I respect them for their no BS attitude when it comes to scheduling. There are no weird early premieres here and nothing gets held until november or something for no reason. Now if only they had less generic shows… Just The Good Wife and Elementary for me, plus hopefully some new ones.

Comment by Burt Macklin, FBI – June 17, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the Unforgettable episodes?

Comment by Dennis – June 17, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They air in the summer.

Comment by Babar – June 17, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited about Tues. night’s line up……all my fave shows on one night, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Person of Interest! :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – June 17, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We lost Meghan Ory in Once Upon a Time (when Red’s the best character they had!) for MID SEASON??? Now I’m pissed! Arrrrgh!!!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – June 17, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m rather sure INTELLIGENCE starts shooting this summer regardless, since the plan is to air it (and HOSTAGES) practically uninterrupted.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 17, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Still, not worth it. They’ve messed up ONCE enough, and without Red, it’s only gonna get worse :/

Comment by Barbie Furtado – June 27, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I guess the CW started the trend and now networks are going to have later starts. To me it does not really cut down on the number of breaks they have through out the season.

Comment by sarah – June 17, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t really think these are that late to start shows. For the last few years, at least, the big glut of premieres has started around around the 20th of September. There will be a few before then, and a few later, but generally it really starts picking up around that last full week of September.

Comment by maltru – June 17, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’re not, especially when it’s obvious they wanted the EMMYS as a promotional platform.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 17, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Traditionally the start of the broadcast season would start after the emmys. CBS is just keeping that “tradition” alive.

Comment by emor – June 17, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Crazy Ones is one of the best new sitcoms of the season. Mom with Anna Faris looks OK and three new shows that doesn’t look promising are We Are Men, The Millers and Hostages. Don’t know how Josh Holloway return to TV would fare with his new series Intelligence. How long would it take for CBS to launch its trailer for Intelligence? They already had their first look, a behind the scenes promo from that show.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 17, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Recent saw the trailer for Intelligence on YouTube.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 17, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want to check out MOMS, but I don’t know if I can watch Anna Faris’ plasticky face. She used to be so pretty.

Comment by Nikki – June 17, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like the lead-ins for Elementary. I hope it doesn’t crash in the ratings. I’m not sure the audience for Two and a Half Men would stick around. I believe Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is going to be a huge challenge to NCIS. I hope NCIS shakes things up to keep fresh.

Comment by Lillian – June 17, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do we know if HIMYM is a full season or not? I know if it wasn’t it would probably be announced by now, but I just can’t see the “over one weekend” thing working with 22 episodes.

Comment by Seth – June 17, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure it’s been announced to be a full season. This is going to be one loooong weekend.

Comment by Andy – June 17, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, ABC has a show for this fall that takes place over ONE night in a bar. IF it is a hit, it will go for a “full” season.

Comment by emor – June 17, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SURVIVOR, NCIS, POI, NCIS LA, HAWAII 5-0 AND BLUE BLOODS are all shows I like and follow. The only comedy I like on CBS is THE BIG BANG THEORY. I saw preview clips of The Millers, Mom, We Are Men, The Crazy Ones, and The Hostages. The only one I would probably try would be The Hostages. The sitcoms are beyond stupid and I am surprised because there are some very talented actors in them.. NEED BETTER WRITERS.
    Also looking forward to Josh Holloway’s INTELLIGENCE.

Comment by JBC – June 17, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stil love “The Mentalist,” but soooo wish it were on another night. Often conflicts with other programming….not to mention those annoying delayed start times due to sports! Plus, most other evenings, primetime is not where it’s at…”Patrick Jane” would be such a welcome sight on a weeknight!!!!!!

Comment by Shay – June 17, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t make any sense at all to list date for Emmy awards.

Comment by Jack – June 17, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS:LA, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, The Mentalist, and Intelligence at midseason. It looks like CBS will be tied with ABC for my “most-watched network” this season.

Comment by JC – June 17, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the Crazy ones! Amazing cast and “set in the world of advertising” – my field!! I just hope it doesn’t get ambushed in ratings war.. Thursday nights are tough! especially when ABC is out with their A-game for 18-24 audience

Comment by Rax – June 17, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this just popped in my head.. this whole scenario sounds VERY similar to “Just Shoot Me” – father & daughter working together.. only in a fashion magazine

Comment by Rax – June 17, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure I missed this somewhere but where is Mike and Molly in the schedule? I haven’t read up but I’m going to guess they are going to come in when a show fails, right?

Comment by Chris – June 18, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If ever there is a character who’s the perfect foil for Jethro Gibbs, it has to be Holly Snow. The showrunners keep trying to find someone to match up with Gibbs, yet over the years the only one who matches his intensity is Holly Snow, who comes with as much baggage, brains and complexity as JB.

Comment by lame – June 29, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for posting the time schedule

Comment by Brenda – July 8, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I JUST HEARD AND READ THAT COTE DE PABLO IS LEAVING AFTER THE BEGINNINGOF THE NEW SEASON! WTF IS RIGHT! I’VE ALWAYS SAID THAT IF YOU TAKE OUT ANY ELEMENT OR LEAD CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW IT WILL SPELL THE END OF IT. ESPECIALLY ZIVA!! HER CHARACTERIS ADD IMPORTANT AS GIBBS. SAY IT AIN’T SO! BUT I’M AFRAID IS OFFICIAL, WAS JUST POSTED ON YAHOO NEWS WITH HER QUOTINGTHAT SHE’SIN FACT LEAVING. I AM THOROUGHLYBUMMED!!

Comment by David – July 10, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OF course I’m Referring To NCIS…..BUMMED IN CALIFORNIA……

Comment by David – July 10, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS is making a mistake not getting a contract with de Pablo. NCIS has been a good show. I guess CBS would rather air more no talent reality scat. Ziva should stay on NCIS .

Comment by Judy – July 10, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am bummed cote is leaving the show. I have waited 8 years for her and tony to get together. And now shes leaving as things was heating up. I have read that it was her choice to leave the show. But part of me thinks negoations fell thru. NCIS is think will take a ratings drop after the first few episodes. I love the cast and the show. But the past few seasons has been slower than the earlier seasons in my opinion. The Ziva and Tony story line is what kept me watching every week. And by comments ive read on sites, its what kept alot of folks tuning in. I will continue to watch.. but its just not going to be the same show it was

Comment by ashley – July 17, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read they are going to use Mike & Molly as a fill in, that is my favorite Monday night show. I think they should use Two Broke Girls as the fill in, it’s full of bad acting, bad lines & all in all just plain bad all around. Plus it’s ratings had declined towards the end of the season.

Comment by Rebecca Robitaille – July 31, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that the writers of ncis will leave an opening for Cote to return some day if she changes her mind . The show will never be the some without her.

Comment by patsy waterman – August 6, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please try to get Ziva back so her and tony get together they belong together

Comment by maryann armour – August 8, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though CBS remains my most watched network, I’m not at all happy with the cancellation of 3 of my 10 favorite CBS shows: CSI NY, VEGAS & GOLDEN BOY.From looking at what’s taking their place, I’ll be watching something from the other networks at those times. Annoys the crap out of me to get really into a show every week then suddenly it’s gone with no resolution to the story lines at all. Just saying. Doubt CBS gives a hoot what I think, LOL!!

Comment by Brenda – September 8, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This keep popping up on face book when I get a comment

Comment by Jody – September 8, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This keeps popping up on my comments on FB

Comment by Jody – September 8, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CBS but I wish they left the lineup how it was. Person of interest and then Elementary worked perfectly together in my opinion.

Comment by Robert – September 10, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • missing the return of Vegas,Truly one of my favorites

Comment by Sara Dixon – September 12, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post