Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Covert Affairs, NCIS: LA, Sons of Anarchy, Defiance and More

Once Upon a Time NCIS LA Defiance SpoilersHow will NCIS: Los Angeles mark a milestone? Will Once Upon a Time revisit a resurrection? Which Covert secrets will be uncovered? Which Defiance resident isn’t what they seem? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS’ ‘Tiva’ Problem, Psych, White Collar, Rizzoli, Scandal and More!

First, allow me to tell you that your work is very appreciated and each new article brightens our day! Is it too soon to ask if you have any spoilers on NCIS: LA‘s 100th episode? –Emma
With an intro like that, you get to go first this week. Not only is it not premature to ask about No. 100 (aka the fourth episode of Season 5), show boss Shane Brennan teases, “I already know what the last episode is for next year!” But let’s not get that ahead of ourselves. Brennan says that while the aforementioned milestone hour “may play with the show’s format a little,” it will for certain “kick off an arc that runs right through the end of the season,” which he also said will be a “watershed” one for both Deeks and Callen.

RELATED | Scoop on Once Upon a Time‘s Jolly (Roger) Triangle and More

Does Once Upon a Time plan on telling the current stories of the characters in Storybrooke, or will Season 3 focus on Neverland and the Enchanted Forest? –Ellie
In case my previous scoopage on this subject did not reassure you that, as the headline said, “Storybrooke will not be forgotten,” I just confirmed that Emilie de Ravin is still a series regular for Season 3. Thus, it sounds like Belle will certainly have Maine events of her own to deal with back home.

Will Once Upon a Time explain how Mulan and Aurora helped Phillip get his soul back from the wraith? –JJ
Series cocreator Adam Horowitz confirms that yes, that burning question will be addressed during Season 3 — and likely on the sooner side, I reckon, since Jamie Chung and Sarah Bolger have midseason pilots (NBC’s Believe, ABC’s Mixology) to get to!

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Makes ‘Neal/Baelfire’ a Series Regular for Season 3

How is the Covert Affairs premiere?! Can you give us any scoop on it, pretty please? — Rachael
As Christopher Gorham previously shared, Auggie and Annie are very much a couple now — as the opening sequence makes “nakedly” clear. (Fact: I swore off carbs for the summer after those scenes.) Likewise, when Kari Matchett told me there are “interesting things” on tap for Joan and Arthur, my lord, she was not kidding. All told, while I didn’t 100 percent follow the case at hand — Annie and Auggie “vacation” in Colombia to covertly dig into Arthur’s past while dodging the local CIA station chief (played by new series regular/CSI: NY alum Hill Harper) — the episode is chock-a-block with exposed secrets (one of which I did not see coming at all) and a final scene that promises to shake up the pecking order.

When will Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy be available on Netflix? –Gerry
All I am able to confirm at this point is “in the fall” — but as compensation, I give you series star Charlie Hunnam promising “a tumultuous time” ahead for Jax and Tara, especially now that Jax has abandoned the idea of ever “getting out.” “I think at this point he realizes that he’s in it for life,” Hunnam says. “Last season was a real process of him embracing that and throwing himself into it with both feet, to cement the fact that he’s a lifer.”

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6: Scoop on SAMCRO’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Foe, Club Shake-Up

Does the abbreviated final-season order for Warehouse 13 mean we won’t see another Christmas special again? –Lisa
Sorry to hand you a lump of coal in June, but yes.

If anyone can find the answer to this question, I’m sure it is you, Matt: Is there any chance that we will see Chelsie Hightower return as a pro on Dancing With the Stars? –Lindsey
I perhaps have not watched an episode of DWTS since Kelly Monaco’s Season 1, but I’m game to take this one on. I am told that since Chelsie is still under contract with the ABC series (and last season popped up in some of the “pro dances”), there is at least the possibility she will be part of the Season 17 cast — though we won’t know for sure until late August.

I love ABC’s new show Motive. What is its future? When will it be back on after basketball and for how many episodes? –Judy
The 10 remaining episodes will begin to unspool June 27, running through early September.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Defiance‘s Stahma and Kenya…. I have no words. So, do you have scoop? — Julia
Right? And people thought H.G. Wells/Myka would be Syfy’s Sapphic supercouple. There’s a passing moment in the wedding episode (airing June 24) where Stahma comments to someone about the Need/Want proprietor’s “amazing touch.” Elsewhere in that hour, you’ll lay witness to a Castithan bachelor party (which frankly varies little from anything you see at Scores), get some movement on the Irisa/Tommy front, discover that [SPOILER] saved Datak’s life some years ago and learn that someone in town is concealing a massive, shocking secret. There’s also the death of two characters who’ve been with us from the start.

Any good scoop on our favorite Rookie Blue couple, Sam and Andy? Is there hope for a reconciliation this season? – Whitney
Hmm, I must speak cryptically here…. Let’s just say that Sam and Andy have a bond that can never really be broken, and you’ll see that illustrated in a few different ways by the end of this season.

Is Vikings skipping ahead in time [with the Bjorn recast]? What happened to the little blond kid playing Ragnar’s son? –Dee
Not to worry, you likely will see young Nathan O’Toole again — at the beginning of Season 2, at least, before a time jump kicks in.

I saw something on Twitter about Lisa Kudrow’s previously cancelled ancestry show, Who Do You Think You Are?, coming back this summer on TLC. Do you have any info on that? –Francine
WDYTYA, as the kids call it, will air Tuesdays at 9/8c starting July 23. Among those ready to climb their family trees for TLC are NCIS: LA‘s Chris O’Donnell, Up All Night‘s Christina Applegate and New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel (SPOILER: She has an actress sister!).

If there’s a summer or fall show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

Comments (53)

• I know it’s way too early, but any chance of Blue Bloods scoop? Thanks!

Comment by Beth – June 13, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you have a scoop about nick and Andy from rookie blue? They’re pretty awesome together hoping to see more.

Comment by Jake – June 13, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Ripper St on BBC with Matthew Macfayden. .is it canceled?

Comment by Carol P – June 13, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See the CABLE RENEWAL SCORECARD linked above.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 13, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some scoop on what’s to come on Revenge would be nice!! Burning to find out what’s going to happen next after that finale.

Comment by iMember – June 13, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seconded! Would love to see what’s going on with Victoria’s son.

Comment by Tori – June 13, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know that you have to email him your questions, right. Posting about scoop requests in the comments will get you no where.

Comment by Babar – June 14, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Emilie is still a regular. I can’t wait to see her taking charge of SB along with the rest.

Comment by Jesse – June 13, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I followed Emilie from Lost to Once Upon a Time. I hope they don’t ruin her character on Once Upon a Time like they did to Lost. Although, I’ll admit I respected the ending for her character on Lost.

Comment by Austin – June 14, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet thanks for answering my Covert Affairs question Matt!!

Comment by maryploppins – June 13, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be back when you got Grey’s news…which can be very long time unless Shonda says otherwise..sigh.

Comment by tahina – June 13, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ausiello usually tackles Grey’s. He’s the Shonda whisperer.

Comment by Danielle H. – June 13, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for the Covert Affairs premiere!!

Comment by Babybop – June 13, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I guess it will be only Philipp who’s going to take care of Neal in the Enchanted Forest.

Comment by ABC – June 13, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot! WDYTYA? is back on!

Comment by Kate – June 13, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be great to see Belle take charge. I’m scared and excited for Jax and Tara. This storyline was bound to happen but I’ll still be sad if they break up

Comment by Brenna – June 13, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the info. On Once I am not excited/interested in neverland but love FTL and Storybrooke. Glad those worlds are not forgotten and Belle is still a regular. I just hope they use her more than they did season one regular Arcie and season 2 regular Ruby. I adore Belle.

Comment by Patti – June 13, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, so has an episode of Motive already aired? In the US? Online? Please anyone, HELP.

Comment by Kiddoo – June 13, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am looking forward to lots more Belle. I hope we see Belle interact with Granny and Leroy more and to see Neal’s relationships with Rumple and Hook more. Hope Neal and Belle aren’t separated from their loved ones too long and glad we will learn how Phillip was saved that will come in handy if Regina meets with the wraith again or help Henry with the shadow who wants him.

Comment by Patti – June 13, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. You just scared the you know what out of me with this about Defiance
    “There’s also the death of two characters who’ve been with us from the start.”
    Has one of those deaths already occurred perchance?

Comment by kirads09 – June 13, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!

Comment by majamababe – June 13, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RIP Doc Yewll and one of the kids.

Comment by Sg. Grant – June 14, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not Doc Yewll – please – love her snark! I was thinking more likely Quentin and/or Rafe because they crossed Nikki. Something tells me you don’t do that and last long.

Comment by kirads09 – June 15, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i dont think it will be quentin, judging by the monday 17th episode he left home and went in search of his mother.

i’m thinking amongst the big characters it could be Kenya (i hope not) that dies IF Datak finds out about her lesbian fling with Stahma. Otherwise it’s a good bet to assume it will be Tommy and the Doc Yewll .

Comment by Kєssa (@iAmKessa24) – June 18, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m rather hoping the dead person is the otherwise useless Alak, which would really stir things up for Stahma and Datak. Just, don’t kill Kenya!

Comment by Leigh – June 20, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Tara gets killed off. Nothing against Maggie Siff, she’s actually made Tara tolerable for me, but the character itself is so flip-floppy and boring. She should’ve left at the very end of season 4 after what Clay did to her. I’m so done with her playing the victim when she is partly to blame for her bad times.

Comment by K – June 13, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I’m so pleased Who Do You Think You Are is coming back! Its a wonderful show!

Comment by mia – June 13, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yes to more Kenya/Stahma on Defiance! More more more!!! Just such a fascinating dynamic and so much potential! Two women who make their living manipulating men, of playing the desireable woman…just to have them be together would be amazing.

Comment by mia – June 13, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Defiance isn’t keeping me interested. I’m kinda sad cause I was really excited about it. Can’t wait for Covert Affairs to come back.

Comment by tp – June 13, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, thanks for answering my question! Sad to see you confirm what I feared, though.

Comment by Lisa – June 13, 2013 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Who Do You Think You Are? isn’t totally canceled. Genealogy is a really interesting subject, and people need to become more interested in their roots. I guess I should have known this show was coming back. I have a good friend who is a professional genealogist and she told me she had some top secret projects she was working on that she wasn’t allowed to talk about just yet…which is exactly what she said to me when she did research for that show in previous seasons. I should have known it was for Who Do You Think You Are. The show doesn’t allow her to talk about their research projects until after the episodes air.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 13, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Chelsie Hightower returns as a pro. She was my favorite. :D

I’m loving all of the Once Upon a Time spoilers. :)

Comment by Naomi – June 13, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I loved Chelsie as a pro.

Comment by Charlotte – June 14, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop on WDYTYA! I had no idea it moved to another channel. I have marked my calendar.

Comment by Lorie – June 14, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea how they’re going to work Storybrooke in. They were so horrifically bad at using any of the background characters in Season 2, especially sidelining Belle so that she had zero to do that I can’t really see them making anything about it relevant. And they haven’t given Belle much of a personality outside of being Rumple’s playtoy.

Comment by sara – June 14, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for NCIS Los Angeles Season 5!

Comment by Marla – June 14, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me neither. Glad to hear Deeks does indeed come back. Well, who thought otherwise anyway? :grin: I do hope the last finale doesn’t leave him too broken. And how will he and Kensi go on from this point? It was a very interesting finaly and I’m surely looking forward to the next season. I wish it was September already!

Comment by Chocoholic – June 18, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt for all the great scoop. I love this column. It reminds me of Ausiello’s scoop column back in the day before his questions and answers became completely ridiculous. Love the straight questions and answers. Thanks.

Comment by Mika – June 14, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive’s “remaining” episodes? Remaining for this season or is Motive a one and done show?

Comment by John – June 14, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for answering my question Matt!

Comment by Lindsey – June 14, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, we’ve got confirmation that everything turns out okay for Deeks in the season premiere. Thanks. While logically we all know that they won’t kill off the character that caused the show to grow its beard, my nerves were pretty frayed after that last scene when those crazy Russians were drilling into Deeks’ head. Things like that just bother a girl. Poor Deeks. I bet Kensi is very upset.

Comment by Mary S. – June 14, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeah, She’s just had that wonderful kiss and now he’s having this drilling done? I surely hope Deeks turns out not too damaged!

Comment by Chocoholic – June 18, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIA LA: hmmm…should be interesting. i can’t wait to see the 100th episode…and the whole season for that matter!!

DWTS: CHELSIE BETTER RETURN!! i think it was a HUGE mistake for the to exclude her as a pro this season. Chelsie is one of the best; bubbly, fun, young, and keeps herself out of drama and trouble. she is a great role model that needs to be more respected by DWTS and given a partner that she can take all the way to the finale!!

Rookie Blue: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?????

Comment by Emily – June 14, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is awesome that we got some DWTS scoop. Is this a first? I think it is even more awesome that the scoop was about Chelsie Hightower. I wonder if Chelsie wants to come back. I really hope she does.

Comment by Gia – June 14, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who Do You Think You Are is coming back?! BEST NEWS OF TODAY.

Comment by Rachel – June 15, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Covert Affairs scoop! It sounds as though it is going to be another amazing season!

Comment by Caro – June 15, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I discovered today that you picked my question – about time, I know, but broken computer…
    THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!

Comment by Emma – June 17, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thanks for the info on Defiance. Try and give us a spoiler whenever you can. ;)

Comment by Kєssa (@iAmKessa24) – June 18, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure I can stomach Annie & Auggie rolling around in bed. SO unappealing. Urghhh!
    Have watched all three seasons but this might be about to jump the shark for me. Annie, Auggie, Joan and Arthur…..so dull………………………….

Comment by SwedishGirl – June 18, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is the blonde kid that shoots up the school in S.O.A season 6 episode 1? Missed season 5 and haven’t got updated yet :( its killing me not understanding what he has to do with the show..please help!

Comment by b-murr – September 10, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post