The Veronica Mars Movie: Mac Is Back!

Get More: Casting News

The Veronica Mars Movie Tina MajorinoYou wanted Tina Majorino in the Veronica Mars movie, and now you’ve got her.

The Grey’s Anatomy actress will re-inhabit her role of Cindy “Mac” Mackenzie, creator and executive producer Rob Thomas announced Wednesday evening.

RELATED | Veronica Mars Movie Spoilers — Including Veronica’s New BF and Who Won’t Be Back

As he did for cast members Percy Daggs III, Chris Lowell and Francis Capra, Thomas announced Majorino’s involvement via an email to the movie’s Kickstarter contributors.

RELATED | The Veronica Mars Kickstarter Campaign — Don’t You Dare Feel Bad About Chipping In

“I wrote Mac for Tina, and Tina only,” he wrote. “Veronica needed a female friend, and a Q to her Bond. Tina felt like just the sort of girl that Veronica would like and respect. I couldn’t be more pleased that she’ll be with us for the movie.”

Thoughts? Ecstatic Majorino is officially on board? Is there anyone left on your “must return” list? Hit the comments!

Comments (67)

• Yay yay yay yay!!! Now we need some Dick and Vinnie!!

Comment by Krystan – June 12, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^Yep.

Comment by MalTru – June 13, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what she said!

Comment by Amy – June 13, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought about just putting Dick, but Ken as Vinnie is just too good to be left out.

Comment by Krystan – June 13, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :) yes, Dick and Vinnie, and Leo!

Comment by Valerie – June 13, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh happy day!!

Comment by Lana – June 12, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YESSSS! I literally just screamed, Mac! I’m set & I’m so ready!

Comment by Maris – June 12, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Was there any question that this would happen? The chick who plays Mac scrooed the program first time around when she tried to jump ship for Big Love. I guess there was a real question of whether or not she could spare time from her busy schedule of begging for roles.

Comment by Patrick – June 13, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s not begging for roles. She’s currently on a well known show, as if you didn’t know that.

Comment by tripoli – June 13, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Leo!!!!!!

Comment by Emily – June 12, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled. So so happy.

Comment by Billie – June 12, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Now it really feels like V Mars is happening!

Comment by the girl – June 12, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I now have Blur – Song 2 stuck playing in my head after reading this headline!

Comment by trev – June 12, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAC IS BAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!!!

They announced three other returnees yesterday as well…..Daran Norris as Cliff McCormack, Amanda Noret as Madison Sinclair, and Sam Huntington as Luke Haldeman!

Comment by Alichat – June 12, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news !!! cant wait for the movie as long as veronica and logan are together !!!?

Comment by nightmagic – June 12, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am delirious with joy!!!

Comment by tazzy – June 12, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYAYAYAYAYAY BEST NEWS!!!

Comment by Mari – June 12, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now I’m just waiting for Dick (Ryan Hansen). And since the actor is BFF with Kristen Bell I’m pretty sure he’s gonna be back.

Comment by Mari – June 12, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and because he was in the kickstarter video!

Comment by Leah – June 13, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYYYYY!!!!!!!! Excellent! I hope Mac and Veronica stayed friends all those years.
    Now we need Dick! And if we’re wishing, I’d love to have Lamb back….even though he sorta died.

Comment by mia – June 12, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even if the character wasn’t dead, Michael’s probably too busy doing Young and the Restless.

Comment by Linda – June 12, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved his story about her contacting him at the age of 11 related to a novel he’d written. I have been excited about all of the announcements, but I was looking forward to this one the most!

Comment by Winnie – June 12, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! I loved that story! It’s amazing to know that both have accomplished so much since then and that Rob remembered her and brought her into the show. Perfect decision on his part, Tina is so great as Mac. I was always a bit bummed that she didn’t get enough screen time in the show, I’m so glad we’ll get to see what Mac’s up to in the film :D

Comment by ZmaX – June 12, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved that too!!

Comment by Tiffany Monique – June 12, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now find out if she is returning to Grey’s Anatomy next season. She was awesome with Dempsey

Comment by ggny – June 12, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She (and the other 4 interns) had a series regular option attached to their contact for season 10. However, Tina’s show on TNT got picked up,so it’s unlikely she’ll be back unless it’s still on a recurring basis. If Tina wants to leave, chances are they’ll write her out for failing the intern exam.

Comment by Jarrod – June 12, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that why im asking to find out. Is Grey’s her #1 option or the lame ass looking show on TNT her #1

Comment by ggny – June 13, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome been waiting for Tina to join love her!!!

Comment by Meggo – June 12, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOoooooooo excited! Thats awesome news.

Comment by nickrnz – June 12, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Dick?

Comment by Sparky – June 12, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vinnie, Dick and Principal Clemmons!

Comment by Jess – June 12, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news. My favs are all back.

Comment by Patti – June 12, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! Now what about Dick Casablancas Jr, Logan needs his BFF!!!

Comment by Tiffany Monique – June 12, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we need BACKUP!!!!!

Comment by stevie – June 12, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately that’s not going to happen, I’m pretty sure Rob said that Backup had passed away.

Comment by Tiffany Monique – June 12, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got everyone we needed.

Comment by Midori – June 12, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now only Ryan Hanson a.k.a. Dick Casablancas is left on my list, come on, Rob, just tell us, he was already in the video, I’m sure he’ll be in the movie, just tell us!

Comment by Jules – June 12, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaayyy Mac is back!!
    Now all we need is Dick, and I’m good!

Comment by Dominique – June 12, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • max greenfield!!!!!!

Comment by Julio Villasmil – June 12, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow everyone is back! I just can;t see how Dick won’t be back considering he was part of the fan vid, so even though he wasn’t announced I’m considering him announced. Plus we got a bunch of Neptune High alums(Madison, Christine Lakin, Sam Huntington)….And Cliff…f no other casting announcements are made(besides Dick’s obviously :P) I’d be very, VERY happy. But I think we’ll here about a certain Mr. C soon enough. Veronica can’t return to high school without her favorite Principal.

Comment by Josh – June 12, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still need Ryan (which I don’t see how he won’t be given he was in the original video), Max (cause he’s even MORE awesome now), and Ken (it just wouldn’t feel right without some Vinnie)…….

Comment by Caitlin – June 12, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that Duncan was anywhere near the top of my “favorite characters of Veronica Mars” list, but what do we think the chances are of Teddy Dunn returning? I would think it odd if he didn’t have at least a cameo. Duncan is/was a very important character in Veronica’s life and story.

Comment by Sara – June 12, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would be curious to see if that happens. It would have to mean that he’s either trying to be there without being seen, which seems unlikely, or the charges against him were dropped, which also seems unlikely given Meg’s family.

Comment by Caitlin – June 13, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • duncan was important to veronicas story only in season 1, there was a reason he was written out so i would be surprised if he came back.

Comment by Alan – June 13, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I personally would love to see Duncan come back, but I don’t know how considering he’s on the run from the law. Of course that all could have been worked out over the last 10 years.

Comment by hannah – June 13, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo! The movie wouldn’t be the same without Mac.

Who is left now? Dick, Vinnie, Duncan, Parker… Hmm… Troy, Clemmons, Gia, Jackie, Carrie Bishop, Corny, Clarence Wiedman, Lianne Mars, Charlie Stone, Alicia Fennel, Trina, Mallory Dent…

I guess there are a bunch of people who could potentially appear. Even the Hearst College characters could appear (did the story outline say that the movie took place entirely at the reunion? Or could there be other stories/locations? It would fit the show’s format)

Comment by Drew – June 12, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wouldn’t be the same without Mac (Tina Majorino) or even Wallace (Percy Daggs III).. It was a Great Show and needs to come back.. I miss it.

Comment by Billy Wehrenberg – June 12, 2013 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any one else wondering how Piz fits in to a HIGH SCHOOL reunion? I only see it if he’s with Veronica… boo!
    Would love to see some Duncan time… felt like he never quite got tied up.
    If theres a crime case surely we will see the Sheriff, a Mr Vinnie Van Lowe??
    LoVe

Comment by Megan – June 13, 2013 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Piz was close to Wallace. He was friends with Mac. He was friends with Veronica before they started dating. He works in radio, which means that he could be Veronica’s media connection.

And who says that the entire plot takes place at the reunion? Piz could fit into the plot a hundred different ways. Not that I would mind him with Veronica at all, but everyone who is upset about Piz being in the movie just because they think he will ruin Veronica and Logan (who we know haven’t seen each other in years anyway) should just relax for a bit. Rob Thomas knows what people want to see, and whatever he delivers will be with those wishes in mind (not to say that he will give everyone what they want. It could be just the opposite)

Comment by Drew – June 13, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly! For all we know it will be a flashback (Rob loves his flashbacks) about what happened when V left for Stanford. Or he could be a music journalist… or best friends with Wallace… or anything. I loved Piz and I would love if V wound up with Piz or Leo, but I know how important it is to fans for Logan to be with her. I am rewatching the series and I realized just how little time those two spent in an actual relationship. In season 2 they were together in a flashback the first episode and then the very end of the very last episode they got together.

Comment by Krystan – June 13, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After Logan Mac was the one I wanted back most and the one I was most worried wouldn’t happen.

So excited for this news.

Comment by Jay – June 13, 2013 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The movie would not be complete without her!

Comment by Alia – June 13, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very pleased with this list. The only person I’d love to see added is Vinnie Van Lowe!! He was always so entertaining :)

Comment by Mrs. Ben Covington – June 13, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d like to see Vinnie again.

Comment by Candice – June 13, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need Dick before Leo. Leo should not be hanging around Neptune anymore. Dick needs to return to his 10 year reunion. So glad Mac is Back.

Comment by Patty Stamps – June 13, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa Rinna. Yes, that’s right, I said Lisa Rinna. I don’t believe Logan’s mother’s body was ever found, was it? I always thought she faked her death.

Comment by coverdale – June 13, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the official Dick announcement.

I wouldn’t mind having Parker and Gia back.

Comment by Candice – June 13, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would rather have cameo’s by Lily and Lamb before Parker and Gia.

Comment by Rook – June 13, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bond and Q.
    Yeah !

Comment by Ben – June 13, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Mac! I think Tina was woefully underused in the 3rd season.

I really have to wonder if Duncan can still be on the run 10 years later without aid from his parents who will have undoubtedly found him by now. A snippet about a trial or something. Even if he went to jail the battle of the rich grandparents would be a nice story update. Maybe just an update on the Kanes in general.

Comment by Deion – June 13, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love mac you can lose Madison unlesss veronica finally kicks her butt! i would like to see dick C. too and v and logan better be together by the end!!

Comment by shadester – June 13, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All we need is Dick Casablancas back and we’ll have an awesome movie! SO happy that Mac is back!

Comment by jess k – June 13, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see a cameo by Corny and Butters!

Comment by MD – June 13, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this movie!!!

Comment by Kristin – June 13, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WANT HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Eli – June 14, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Veronica and Logan together but would love just a little more angst with the Duncan triangle. Piz is not really for her. Love Wallace, Mac and even the appropriately named Dick!!!! Can’t wait for this to come out!!!!!

Comment by M – July 21, 2013 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post