“We are waiting to hear if he will accept,” a source tells the London-based paper. “He is the perfect choice.”
UPDATE: The BBC on Monday morning seemingly cast aspersion on this rumor, saying via Twitter that the search for Twelve “has only just begun.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Worried that Game of Thrones, which is heading into Season 4, will run out of material in light of the fact that books 6 and 7 have yet to be published? Don’t be, says George RR Martin. “I think the odds against that happening are very long,” the author tells EW.com. “If they include everything in the books, I don’t think they’re going to catch up with me. If they do, we’ll have some interesting discussions.”
• Former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston has been cast opposite Justin Theroux in the HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, per Deadline. Also joining the project from co-writer Damon Lindelof (Lost) are Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd (Compliance) and Amanda Warren (The Closer).
• Christina Ricci (Pan Am) has been cast as Lizzie Borden in the Lifetime original movie about the woman tried and acquitted in the 1892 ax murders of her father and stepmother, reports Deadline.
• On the heels of ousting Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick, American Idol has appointed a new executive producer — Per Blankens, whose previous relevant credits include the Swedish version of Idol and the Scandinavian MasterChef and Biggest Loser editions.
• BBC America has renewed Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan for Season 2, to premiere in 2014.
• Did you miss the latest trailer for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. during last week’s NBA finals game? Check it out below:
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?