Psych Scoop: Vinnie Jones, Olivia d'Abo and New Girl Alum Land Season 8 Guest Spots

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Psych Season 8 Cast Vinnie JonesPsych is rounding out its Season 8 guest cast with a trio of actors: Elementary baddie Vinnie Jones, Wonder Years stunner Olivia d’Abo and New Girl ex Kali Hawk .

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

TVLine has learned that Hawk will appear in an episode of the USA Network comedy as a crafty P.I. whose case leads her straight to Shawn and Gus. The actress’ alluring character will have a lasting effect on the latter.Psych Cast Kali Hawk

RELATED | Psych Scoop on the Musical Episode

D’Abo, meanwhile, is set to drop by as a “master infiltrator” and right-hand lady to a brutal British criminal, played by fellow guest Jones (whose TV credits also include The Cape and Chuck).

Joining the aforementioned trio in Psych‘s Season 8 are the previously cast Cary Elwes, who’ll reprise his role as elusive fan fave Pierre Despereaux, and Kristy Swanson, returning as Marlowe.

Comments (22)

• Granted, I don’t think it was confirmed Gus’ gf (what’s her face from ER) was breaking up with him. But I hope so. I could not stand them together. She was annoying..
    Gus needs to find a girl like Juliet. Someone who understands him and Shawn, yet doesn’t try to get in the middle of their jokes like what’s her face did.

Comment by Psssht, C'mon son. – June 5, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gus mentioned being single in the finale.

Comment by Abby – June 5, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, I don’t think Gus and Rachael had any chemistry whatsoever.

Comment by Kayla – June 5, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED. Shawn & Juliet are perfect and really understanding with each other. Gus needs that, too.

Comment by Nikki – July 6, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia D’Abo is better known to many as Bobby Goren’s biggest nemesis on Law and Order CI who appears to have been killed but maybe not??? Maybe she’ll try to manipulate Shawn????

Comment by drhenning – June 5, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nicole Wallace! That would be awesome. Best recurring villain in the L&O Universe, IMHO.

Comment by Pat D. – June 5, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVED those episodes!

Comment by scg10 – June 5, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE her character. She was amazing.

Comment by jalahyacinth – June 5, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO glad I’m not the only one thinking this! oh man I could definitely stand to see more of that storyline. My fave episode was a Wallace ep, too.

Comment by Z – June 26, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about word on USA upping the episode order? Or whether or not Maggie Lawson can appear, based on ber new show? Or if this is the, gasp, FINAL season?!?!

I needs to know!!!

Comment by Big Mike – June 5, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt Maggie’s show will get past the pilot, and if it does, I doubt it will have more than a few episodes. I think we have to be prepared for this to be the final season. And I think five additional scripts were ordered after the original 8 for next season.

Comment by Andy – June 5, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i am already preparing my self for next spring. First Burn Notice and now Psych. top 2 shows usa has and i rather have it be planned final instead of a forever lasting cliffhanger

Comment by Kerry – June 5, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Her show is on the fall schedule.

Comment by Abby – June 5, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Back in the Game looks awful. I want Maggie to see success, but I don’t think the show is all that compelling. I heard that ABC was really really excited by the pilot but that doesn’t mean much for the quality of later episodes.

Comment by Kayla – June 5, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maggie Lawson is still doing Psych, she is currently filming as we speak. She was asked recently at the USA Upfronts whether she was leaving Psych and she replied “no i a still doing Psych, i’m going to be really busy” she is doing both shows. The Network has yet to announce whether the extra five scripts they ordered will be added to the season, so at the moment the season will still only have 8 episodes. James Roday has already said outright that season 8 will be the last (it’s not an official announcement but it’s as good as). If the extra five scripts do get added Maggie should be able to appear in at least some of them.

Comment by Mac – June 5, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think we ALL need to know. The show is pretty much nothing without her & not trying to be very mean, but I hope Maggie’s other show doesn’t go well.

Comment by Nikki – July 6, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would USA interfere with an apparent winning combination as in Psych and Burn Notice?

Comment by Reddick Bowman – June 5, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The main reason networks do everything: Money! USA/Comcast NBC Universal execs think they can make more money something else. They are probably wrong.

Comment by Marc – June 5, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about psych gives gus a love interest that last more than half a season!

Comment by dean – June 5, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what i dont get is why they never paired them. both are my all time fav shows and gus not scoring in love is a tired joke

Comment by Kerry – June 5, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, I love that we’re finally getting something on here- but why did tvline wait so long to start writing Psych posts and dedicating more article space to Psych scoop‽

Comment by Kayla – June 5, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good point, but I sincerely hope the powers that be would work it out and revive Psych and we do hope Maggie’s show is indeed a hit!

Comment by Redbow7 – June 5, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post