Psych Scoop: Vinnie Jones, Olivia d'Abo and New Girl Alum Land Season 8 Guest Spots

Psych Season 8 Cast Vinnie JonesPsych is rounding out its Season 8 guest cast with a trio of actors: Elementary baddie Vinnie Jones, Wonder Years stunner Olivia d’Abo and New Girl ex Kali Hawk .

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

TVLine has learned that Hawk will appear in an episode of the USA Network comedy as a crafty P.I. whose case leads her straight to Shawn and Gus. The actress’ alluring character will have a lasting effect on the latter.Psych Cast Kali Hawk

RELATED | Psych Scoop on the Musical Episode

D’Abo, meanwhile, is set to drop by as a “master infiltrator” and right-hand lady to a brutal British criminal, played by fellow guest Jones (whose TV credits also include The Cape and Chuck).

Joining the aforementioned trio in Psych‘s Season 8 are the previously cast Cary Elwes, who’ll reprise his role as elusive fan fave Pierre Despereaux, and Kristy Swanson, returning as Marlowe.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Scoop

1. Psssht, C'mon son. says:

Granted, I don’t think it was confirmed Gus’ gf (what’s her face from ER) was breaking up with him. But I hope so. I could not stand them together. She was annoying..
    Gus needs to find a girl like Juliet. Someone who understands him and Shawn, yet doesn’t try to get in the middle of their jokes like what’s her face did.

2. drhenning says:

Olivia D’Abo is better known to many as Bobby Goren’s biggest nemesis on Law and Order CI who appears to have been killed but maybe not??? Maybe she’ll try to manipulate Shawn????

3. Big Mike says:

How about word on USA upping the episode order? Or whether or not Maggie Lawson can appear, based on ber new show? Or if this is the, gasp, FINAL season?!?!

I needs to know!!!

• Andy says:

I doubt Maggie’s show will get past the pilot, and if it does, I doubt it will have more than a few episodes. I think we have to be prepared for this to be the final season. And I think five additional scripts were ordered after the original 8 for next season.

• Kerry says:

i am already preparing my self for next spring. First Burn Notice and now Psych. top 2 shows usa has and i rather have it be planned final instead of a forever lasting cliffhanger

• Abby says:

Her show is on the fall schedule.

• Kayla says:

I think Back in the Game looks awful. I want Maggie to see success, but I don’t think the show is all that compelling. I heard that ABC was really really excited by the pilot but that doesn’t mean much for the quality of later episodes.

• Mac says:

Maggie Lawson is still doing Psych, she is currently filming as we speak. She was asked recently at the USA Upfronts whether she was leaving Psych and she replied “no i a still doing Psych, i’m going to be really busy” she is doing both shows. The Network has yet to announce whether the extra five scripts they ordered will be added to the season, so at the moment the season will still only have 8 episodes. James Roday has already said outright that season 8 will be the last (it’s not an official announcement but it’s as good as). If the extra five scripts do get added Maggie should be able to appear in at least some of them.

• Nikki says:

I think we ALL need to know. The show is pretty much nothing without her & not trying to be very mean, but I hope Maggie’s other show doesn’t go well.

4. Reddick Bowman says:

Why would USA interfere with an apparent winning combination as in Psych and Burn Notice?

• Marc says:

The main reason networks do everything: Money! USA/Comcast NBC Universal execs think they can make more money something else. They are probably wrong.

5. dean says:

How about psych gives gus a love interest that last more than half a season!

6. Kerry says:

what i dont get is why they never paired them. both are my all time fav shows and gus not scoring in love is a tired joke

7. Kayla says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love that we’re finally getting something on here- but why did tvline wait so long to start writing Psych posts and dedicating more article space to Psych scoop‽

• Redbow7 says:

Good point, but I sincerely hope the powers that be would work it out and revive Psych and we do hope Maggie’s show is indeed a hit!