Welcome to Graceland: Your Guide to Who's Who — Including the Big Liar and Two Fierce Femmes

Graceland - Season 1Shortly after USA Network’s Graceland opens its doors this Thursday at 10/9c, you will in rapid-fire order meet the series’ main players, a colorful array of crimefighters from three divisions of law enforcement — the FBI, the DEA and U.S. Customs. But if you’d like to go in with a heads-up on who’s who, TVLine has you covered.

RELATED | USA Network Boss: New Graceland ‘Has Some Real Grittiness,’ But Isn’t Too Dark for Us

Created by White Collar‘s Jeff Eastin and based on an actual (but now decommissioned) residence, Graceland follows FBI rookie Mike Warren (Aaron Tveit, Les Miserables) as he moves into the titular Southern California beach house, where several other Feds live undercover.

Lording over the dynamite digs is legendary — yet rules-averse — FBI agent Paul Briggs, played by Rescue Me‘s Daniel Sunjata, while Catherine “Charlie” DeMarco (CSI: NY‘s Vanessa Ferlito) and Joe “Johnny” Tuturro (Manny Montana, Chicago Code) also hail from the FBI. Repping the Drug Enforcement Agency are Paige Arkin (Breakout KingsSerinda Swan, who debuts in Episode 2) and Lauren Kincade (NCIS‘ Scottie Thompson), though circumstances dictate the latter’s imminent exit. Rounding out the ranks is Brandon Jay McLaren (The Killing), as U.S. Customs agent Dale Jakes.

As the roomies embark on individual assignments and collaborate as needed, Graceland strikes a grittier tone than any other USA series. As Eastin puts it, “Where White Collar kind of creates its own reality, this one we’re trying to make as real as possible. And there’s a lot of darkness when it comes to things like being an undercover officer, so the show will stay within that tone.”

That said, Eastin notes that what he’s perhaps most proud of “is that it’s not just a dark show, but actually a pretty funny show. But instead of the laughs coming off of jokes, it kind of comes out of the reality of what [this unusual situation] is.”

RELATED | Psych Scoop: Vinnie Jones, Olivia d’Abo and New Girl Alum Land Season 8 Roles

Eastin says that when he pitched Graceland, USA brass asked if there was any learning from White Collar that he could bring to this experience. His answer: “Let’s get the right cast. Because once the cast is set and they’re right, that’s 90 percent of the battle.”

And with that cue, we present your guide to Graceland, with each cast member detailing their agent’s skill set, biggest flaw and how they get on with others under the same roof:

Comments (20)

• I thought Scottie Thompson was going to be a regular? Guess not…

Comment by Julie – June 5, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was bummed when I found that out. She’s so hot & those eyes are incredible. But then when I saw that Serinda Swan was going to be in her place, I’m way fine with that addition.

Comment by Jim – June 5, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That Scottie Thompson will be leaving is a disappointment to me as well. Loved her work in NCIS nd was looking forwrd to seeing what she could to in this storyline.

Probably the on sequence of that “darkness” ascribed to the show.

As they’d say on the surf line: bummer.

Liked the pilot, especially the soundtrack, so I’ll be tuning back in.

Comment by John – June 9, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m skeptical about this show–it has the feel of the old 1970s show “The Mod Squad.” But with Serinda Swan in it, I have to at least go on a First Date. BTW, Serinda joined her last series, “Break-out Kings” in the second episode, too. That didn’t turn out so well for the show, which last just two, short season.

Comment by derek117 – June 5, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whoa serinda swan? saw the pilot, didn’t know she was joining for episode 2. neat.

Comment by Tom – June 5, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to have Serinda Swan back on my tv!

Comment by Ashley – June 5, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was excited that Scottie Thompson was going to be on this I liked her on NCIS. The article says circumstances make her leave so she gets outed as an agent and has to leave or she gets killed it seems.

Comment by Nicole – June 5, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this show!! I’ve been excited about it since the first preview :)

Comment by Elyse – June 6, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very good cast. I’m real happy about Serinda Swan – I was a fan of “Breakout Kings”. Only reason that show went south was because they killed off Laz Alonso’s character. Sad about Scottie Thompson leaving but I’ve always held out hope that she would return to NCIS and take up with Tony (sorry all you Tiva shippers)…

Comment by sladewilson – June 6, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having seen the pilot – this show is actually really good, much better than I expected. Though people should take the “increased realism” with a grain of salt. It’s still hollywood realism ;)

Comment by Eli – June 6, 2013 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. It’s such a joke how Hollywood portrays law enforcement. I get it though. Showing how cops really live/interact on a daily basis would be the most boring show ever and more than likely lead to a major overhaul in the system.

Comment by Weezy – June 6, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Southland- nothing more to say…

Comment by Kate'shomesick – June 6, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • R.I.P. Southland- I’d say…if you have not seen it: Please do!

Comment by Kate'shomesick – June 6, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I first saw Aaron Tveit, I thought it was Warren Kole from The Following and Common Law. They could be brothers.

Comment by Laura – June 6, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glad to see that wasn’t just me! I had to check his imdb filmography to be sure.

Comment by John – June 9, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s nice to see a show where the writers or producers understand that the world has more than one race. CW could take some notes here.

Comment by Lena – June 6, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do my posts go?

Comment by Lena – June 6, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really confused – I see that Graceland is new and all that – but I swear it has been on TV before. I’ve atleast seen that first episode – did it get pulled out and then re released? Am I halluncinating?

Comment by acidartha – June 6, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make seriously articles I might state.
    That is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point?

I surprised with the research you made to create
    this actual publish amazing. Great job!

Comment by Polycystic Ovarian syndrome diet – June 17, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post