Scoop: Sons of Anarchy Enlists C. Thomas Howell, Steve Howey for Season 6 Arcs

Sons of Anarchy Season 6 CastErstwhile Outsider-turned-Southland cop C. Thomas Howell is heading to Sons of Anarchy for a Season 6 arc, TVLine has confirmed.

Additionally, Shameless actor Steve Howey will appear in two episodes of FX’s biker drama.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 Spoilers: Scoop on SAMCRO’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Foe and a Pair of New Faces

Howell has been cast as Frank Eagan, an ATF agent with questionable loyalties. Howey, meanwhile, will play Hopper, a hardcore north Vegas member who crosses paths with SAMCRO.

Howell and Howey join a S6 guest cast that also includes Treme‘s Kim Dickens, The Shield‘s CCH Pounder and Beauty and the Beast‘s Bridget Regan.

Production on SOA‘s sixth season is currently underway.

1. Amanda says:

Love both of them and the show. Looking forward to this new season.

2. Kerry says:

Awesome season 6 will be great

3. TheDude says:

Well, The club is badly in need of new members to bolster the ranks…both of these guys could fit the profile. More nomad or Tacoma charter transfers, maybe?
    Then again they could also just be playing villains or just citizens of Charming.

• kim says:

Not a fan of reading, are you? The article states that Howell is playing an ATF agent.

• Ashley says:

YEAH, The MC does need some fresh faces………….. but i read somewhere that someone from the IRELAND charter might come down to charming and help out SAMCRO.
      LOVE S.O.A when is FX going to show a season 5 marathon?!!!!!!!!!!

4. TheDude says:

And just like that I see that I missed the character info of a ATF agent for CT Howell. OOPS.

5. A.B. says:

What I want to know is what happened to Jimmy on Shameless? Plus both good additions

• Max says:

SOA and Shameless air in different parts of the year, so I assume they’re filmed in different parts of the year, too. I really like both shows, and I see no reason for Jimmy to be written out of Shameless.

6. BJ Dunlap says:

Looks like there’s a crooked ATF agent coming to Charming. Perfect role for C. Thomas I could see him playing that type of part very well. Don’t not sure he can out smart our guys though.

7. Jimmy may be dead…..But this is Kevin, Howey, plays Kevin.

8. C. Thomas Howell was great on Southland and I’m still sad about the series’ cancellation. :-(

9. Whatever says:

I’m ready for the New Season of SOA to start !
    Looking forward to seeing Steve Howey as part of the cast.

10. Lorraine says:

It was posted that Jimmy is dead on Shameless. I am excited to see how Howey did in on the show. I think Howell will be a great addition!

11. ester says:

Love this show, can’t get enough

12. Bob says:

C . Thomas will be a great addition on SOA …he did a great job on Southland..He’s been around for a while and can play a good guy or bad guy…very talented actor…

13. phamster says:

My first celebrity crush was C Thomas Howell during his Pony Boy days, so I am ecstatic to see him emerging from the b-movie drivel he has done in the past. He was great in SouthLAnd!

• LC says:

LOL! Mine too! I had pictures of him and Ralph Macchio from Teen and Tiger Beat magazine (yes, I’m old!) plastered ALL over my bedroom. So glad I’m not the only one!

14. Casey says:

That’s wonderful!! Now they still need Michael Cudlitz, since that wonderful show Southland got canceled.

15. Steve F. says:

Glad to C. Thomas Howell on SOA – the guy can play a chilling villain (see: George “The Reaper” Foyet on Criminal Minds)!

16. and let’s face it they’ll both be killed ….violently and I won’t be able to sleep for six nights and then I’ll watch it again