Scoop: Sons of Anarchy Enlists C. Thomas Howell, Steve Howey for Season 6 Arcs

Get More: Casting News

Sons of Anarchy Season 6 CastErstwhile Outsider-turned-Southland cop C. Thomas Howell is heading to Sons of Anarchy for a Season 6 arc, TVLine has confirmed.

Additionally, Shameless actor Steve Howey will appear in two episodes of FX’s biker drama.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 Spoilers: Scoop on SAMCRO’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Foe and a Pair of New Faces

Howell has been cast as Frank Eagan, an ATF agent with questionable loyalties. Howey, meanwhile, will play Hopper, a hardcore north Vegas member who crosses paths with SAMCRO.

Howell and Howey join a S6 guest cast that also includes Treme‘s Kim Dickens, The Shield‘s CCH Pounder and Beauty and the Beast‘s Bridget Regan.

Production on SOA‘s sixth season is currently underway.

Comments (25)

• Love both of them and the show. Looking forward to this new season.

Comment by Amanda – June 4, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome season 6 will be great

Comment by Kerry – June 4, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, The club is badly in need of new members to bolster the ranks…both of these guys could fit the profile. More nomad or Tacoma charter transfers, maybe?
    Then again they could also just be playing villains or just citizens of Charming.

Comment by TheDude – June 4, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a fan of reading, are you? The article states that Howell is playing an ATF agent.

Comment by kim – June 4, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YEAH, The MC does need some fresh faces………….. but i read somewhere that someone from the IRELAND charter might come down to charming and help out SAMCRO.
      LOVE S.O.A when is FX going to show a season 5 marathon?!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ashley – June 7, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And just like that I see that I missed the character info of a ATF agent for CT Howell. OOPS.

Comment by TheDude – June 4, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, I didn’t refresh the page so I didn’t see this comment. My mistake.

Comment by kim – June 4, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and i overlooked it. again. not my night tonight….hahahhah

Comment by TheDude – June 4, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What I want to know is what happened to Jimmy on Shameless? Plus both good additions

Comment by A.B. – June 4, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SOA and Shameless air in different parts of the year, so I assume they’re filmed in different parts of the year, too. I really like both shows, and I see no reason for Jimmy to be written out of Shameless.

Comment by Max – June 4, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Derp. How I mixed up Kev and Jimmy is beyond me.

Comment by Max – June 4, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like there’s a crooked ATF agent coming to Charming. Perfect role for C. Thomas I could see him playing that type of part very well. Don’t not sure he can out smart our guys though.

Comment by BJ Dunlap – June 4, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A crooked ATF agent? That’s a first! or Wait….a Third!

Comment by TheDude – June 4, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jimmy may be dead…..But this is Kevin, Howey, plays Kevin.

Comment by Jeanette McCullough – June 4, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C. Thomas Howell was great on Southland and I’m still sad about the series’ cancellation. :-(

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 4, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ready for the New Season of SOA to start !
    Looking forward to seeing Steve Howey as part of the cast.

Comment by Whatever – June 4, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was posted that Jimmy is dead on Shameless. I am excited to see how Howey did in on the show. I think Howell will be a great addition!

Comment by Lorraine – June 5, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show, can’t get enough

Comment by ester – June 5, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C . Thomas will be a great addition on SOA …he did a great job on Southland..He’s been around for a while and can play a good guy or bad guy…very talented actor…

Comment by Bob – June 5, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first celebrity crush was C Thomas Howell during his Pony Boy days, so I am ecstatic to see him emerging from the b-movie drivel he has done in the past. He was great in SouthLAnd!

Comment by phamster – June 5, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Mine too! I had pictures of him and Ralph Macchio from Teen and Tiger Beat magazine (yes, I’m old!) plastered ALL over my bedroom. So glad I’m not the only one!

Comment by LC – June 5, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s wonderful!! Now they still need Michael Cudlitz, since that wonderful show Southland got canceled.

Comment by Casey – June 5, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to C. Thomas Howell on SOA – the guy can play a chilling villain (see: George “The Reaper” Foyet on Criminal Minds)!

Comment by Steve F. – June 5, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and let’s face it they’ll both be killed ….violently and I won’t be able to sleep for six nights and then I’ll watch it again

Comment by Sonny Granger – June 11, 2013 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post