Revolution Season Finale Recap: Power Grab

RevolutionWarning: The following recap contains major spoilers from Monday’s season finale of Revolution. Proceed at your own risk!

And… boom goes the Revolution season finale.

The fight to turn the power back on took two lives on Monday’s episode. First, Nora is victim to a deadly hit as she selflessly acted to help Rachel and Aaron — whose old code provides the tower’s operating system — get to Level 12. After Aaron successfully turns on the power, Randall Flynn appears and reveals that he wanted them to flip the switch. That way, he is able to send nukes to destroy Atlanta and Philly, leaving the East Coast playing field wide open. (Meanwhile, President Kelly Foster of the Georgia Federation also orders that her troops “throw everything we’ve got at Philly.” New show title: Everybody Hates Philly.)

RELATED | Revolution Season 2 Spoilers — Scoop on New Characters

“I’m a Patriot,” Randall explains before shooting himself in the head. We then cut to a mysterious figure, sitting in darkness with an American flag behind him. Another man informs him that Randall “did it.”

“Time to go home, Mr. President,” the man continues, as the shot pulls back to reveal that POTUS has been making camp at a United States Colony in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba!

And that’s not all that happened. Let’s review the other major events:

WILL THE REAL GENERAL PLEASE STAND UP? | Neville stages a power play of his own, taking control of Monroe’s troops. He captures and ties up Bass, chiding him for his “borderline erotic fixation on Miles.” However, Neville doesn’t plan to kill Monroe. He has to at least put on the appearance of a trial. That’s the difference between the two of them, he argues: “You frighten. I inspire.” Meanwhile, Jason agrees to help his dad get into the tower, but only if Charlie and Rachel are kept alive. Needless to say, these two are going to have some issues next season after the way Neville ordered the Matheson gals to be killed when they got past him.

RELATED | Your Complete Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

BROTHERS IN ARMS | For a brief moment, Miles and Bass put aside their differences and play on the same team while fighting off the tower’s “guardians.” When they resurface on the outside, it’s back to throwing fists – for a little. “Turn around and fight me,” Monroe commands when Miles takes off. But he’s got more important things to do, like saving Rachel and Charlie. So what caused this rift between the friends? Many things, but one of the big triggers took place 10 years after the blackout, when a rebel bombing hit the spot where the two men were reminiscing. In retaliation, Monroe took out the rebel’s family, and that got Miles looking at his pal in a new, unflattering light. Monroe, of course, sees it differently. “Everything I have ever done was for you,” he counters. “The only thing I ever cared about was watching your back.” The bromance lives on despite everything, as Miles sets Bass free from Neville’s restraints, explaining that the reason he was never able to kill him was because “we’re still brothers.” Then he instructs him to run.

LOVE AND DEATH | In case you’re wondering if Nora was just a fling, Miles is gutted when he finds her bleeding body. She insists that he go help Rachel. “I’m not leaving you,” he replies, disproving Nora’s earlier statement to the blonde that “saving you is the only thing on his mind. There’s no question, he’ll choose you every time.” Although he elects to stay with Nora by carrying her, there’s nothing they can do to help her, and she dies. Miles gives her one final kiss, breaking down into tears. The death also hits Charlie hard. She begged her mom to put her and Nora first over her quest to turn the power back on (in retaliation for Danny’s death), but the Matheson matriarch has tunnel vision. And it appears no “I’m sorry” is going to make Charlie forget Mom’s choice.

Revolution fans, grade the dramatic finish via the poll below and then hit the comments to back up your choice!

1. Well that was short and straightforward.

• Jessica says:

seriously.

• Joseph says:

I would have liked it a great deal more if they had killed off Charlie ,,

• Randy says:

The moment Nora died so did my interest in this show. NBC is so sad, this and Go On were the only shows I watched. ABC has better summer shows.

• Sawyer says:

a Nora was not a main character. If you are only watching because of Nora and did not see her death coming in the last 3 episodes start watching Mistresses. The gal that plays Nora will get another part pretty quick.

• Diane says:

Same. Nora was my fav character. I loved the part where Miles said he wasn’t going to leave her. Why couldn’t they kill someone else? It’s always my fav characters who die. *SPOILER ALERT* for Grey’s Anatomy if you haven’t seen the season 9 finale. My fav character died on that one too (Lexie)

• Serge says:

Agreed absolutely. She was the most likable character on the show, whereas the Matriarch is the most despicable.

• Maria says:

This was a great ending!

• Ella says:

AGREED. I just cannot get behind Charlie. She’s a snotfaced little brat who thinks he knows it all and wants her way and frankly, the actress does nothing to endear her to the audience. I feel bad that the cast for Revoluton, Kripke’s second show (that is getting much more acclaim that Supernatural ever did, despite it actually being way more awesome) is nowhere near as good as his first.

2. Jason says:

Good thing everyone had been paying their electric bills on time for the last 15 years so their lights could come right back on….those late fees are a b*tch.

• katrina says:

I hated the Cuba thing more than anything else!

• Mary says:

How come? I thought it was really interesting that the POTUS is still around. I just don’t understand why he felt he had to kill himself.

• Plum says:

And they’ve been maintaining their power stations and keeping the powerlines up and working just for the day the lights go on. I want those boombox batteries with the 15 year shelf life.

• Firemouse says:

I want Aaron’s glasses that survived 15 years of wearing.

• Given all of the lightning and everything, my guess is that the nanobots shutting off the power created a localized power surge that temporarily powered the surviving electric devices. My guess is that they flickered back off shortly thereafter.

• Master Yoda says:

I agree the nanobots will shut the power off, but I think that Rachel and Aaron will do it, in order to stop the nukes. At the same time Tom will then burst through the door, and his troops will try to kill Rachel and Aaron, and end up hitting the computer controlling the bots, making it impossible to disable them again, thereby leaving the power off again.

• Alichat says:

I love that they had everything turned on so that magically they would know the power was back. Ceiling fan…on……lamp that I haven’t had to use in the last 17 years….on……..lightbulb that has been sitting for 17 years…..it works!……boom box that looks like it’s from the 80s and not plugged in…..on! And the power lines weren’t degraded….that’s impressive.

3. KND says:

He nuked Georgia and Philadelphia not Atlanta and Georgia.

4. Lilly says:

So sorry to see Nora go…. And do I want a president who waits for someone to blow up half the country so he can come pick up the pieces! Hmmmm.

• cjeffery7 says:

well unless i’m misremembering, it’s the same president who made the morally questionable call to use the electricity-absorbing nano-bots in the first place, against the recommendations of the scientists. i can’t imagine he’ll be established as a particularly likeable character, much less a hero.

5. Coolkid says:

Who’s Potus again? I don’t remember

6. Amy says:

Are we going to like a power filled earth? I’m not convinced.

7. Mila says:

I can’t believe a) NBC actually released a still of dying Nora and b) the show killed her off, so Rachel and Miles could happen.

I’m so over this show.

• Gigi says:

Now that Nora is dead I am done with this show! I can’t stand Rachel and I really don’t want to see Rachel and Miles together :(

• Joey Livingston says:

Nora was my favorite character unless there’s some Miricle where she survived I’m done to

• google boy says:

maybe when they turned the power back on the nannonites healed and saved Nora anybody think of that. This is a Syfy show.

• Denzel says:

Man I really hope that is what happened because man I was pissed when she died, Like what was the writer thinking

8. Diane says:

Poor Nora. No to Miles and Rachel. She gets on my nerves with that whisper talk. Loved Tom’s assessment of Miles’ and Monroe’s relationship

• M3rc Nate says:

Lol yup, its how you can tell the writers are garbage is they take two amazing women (the mom and daughter) and make her have the whisper whiney talk, hell when shes RIGHT im still against her cause shes so fraking annoying, and then theres big eyes Charlie…who went from whiney naive tantrum thrower to somehow badass then back to whiney big eyes….Just garbage. I wish we lived in a world where amazing writers, like who wrote Fringe or BSG came in and started the show from pilot and wrote it how they would write it, and see the side by side..i bet the difference would be so big our jaws would be on the floor.

• Sawyer says:

whisper talk, what r u talking about. Nora and Miles had as much chemistry as a rice cracker. give me a break.

9. dave says:

Rachel Matheson needs to go, would have rather she got killed over Nora. Rachel is a cold hearted b**ch who turned her back on her daughter. She’s a worthless human being.

• Chloe says:

Completely agree! I feel really sorry for Charlie. First she lost her real mother [all those years ago], then her dad, then her step-mom, then her brother and now Nora, who was like a sister to her. And to make it worse, when she finds her real mother again, the chick doesn’t give a hoot about her. All she cares about if avenging her son’s death. I’m not saying losing a child is easy, but maybe you could give a little attention to your remaining one, Rachel. Just a thought.

As for POTUS, I guess even though the 8-year-terms would be up, he would still be the sitting President & although not in power, he’s all the USA has plus as the one who was in office at the time of the ‘event’, he would have to be in exile & in hiding. If Bass were to get hold of him, it wouldn’t be pretty.

• Sawyer says:

u feel sorry for Charlie lol I feel sorry for Liz Mitchell, she has to play seven different characters and cover for the actress that plays Charlie. The show wouldn’t be worth watching if you didn’t love and hate Rachel at the same time. Charlie, Danny, and Nora dead weight. I will miss Randall.

• the girl says:

Rachel is amazing. I am in love with her. She knew what she went to the Tower to do and she stayed focused on accomplishing her goal, to the detriment of all else. That is what they all agreed to do, to get the lights turned back on no matter what. Miles and Rachel have been trying to get Charlie to understand that this is a WAR and in battle, people die. Soldiers sign up knowing they might not make it home. Charlie keeps acting like they have space to make moral choices or not kill anyone or not die, which is stupid and immature. Nora knew she might die and she put her life on the line for something bigger than herself. If Rachel had failed to get the lights turned on, Nora would’ve died anyway and they wouldn’t have accomplished anything.

• Joe says:

Called acting

10. Alichat says:

I’m seriously not liking that Nora died because if the goal is to hook Miles up with Rachel (even a few seasons down the road,) I am not down with that. I HATE Rachel….HATE. HER. I have not liked that character from day 1. And the fact that she could not take two minutes to let her daughter into the infirmary, try to patch up Nora, then head down to kick off the power speaks volumes to her character. I would have preferred that Neville was our casualty this episode….at the hands of his son, for betraying a promise to him….again. I was expecting more from the fight between Miles and Bass. Why won’t he answer why he tried to kill him?? It’s easy….”Well Bass, because you’ve become a psychopath.” then add “You’re a deranged murderer. You say everything you’ve done was because you have my back, yet you murdered my brother and nephew.” See….easy. The Randall twist was interesting, but nuking two states?? Really? And how did the missiles fire? Does rocket fuel not evaporate? Was there not a better way to wipe out the Monroe Republic and Georgia leaders? I mean Neville took over the Monroe Republic in one episode.

• Diz says:

You would think the entire world would bomb & nuke the US & Americans for shutting the power off in the 1st place. There should be nothing left come the 2nd episode of next season. Just ridiculous.

• cjeffery7 says:

hardly anybody in the US knew who’s fault it was, i doubt anybody across the world, with extremely limited intercontinental communication, would know as well.

• The entire world is effected, thus they can’t bomb. If you say half way through the first season, the cause of the blackout is basically airborne nanites that do only 2 things, absorb power and replicate. That means its quite safe to assume it’s effected the entire world at this point.

• Jate says:

You are not suppose to like her. She does not have any empathy. She is an interesting character. I love her. She had one job to protect her family at all cost. Miles did not even love Nora if he did he would have tried to rescue her when she was captured by Monroe and tortured..

• Alichat says:

Well if her one job was to protect her family at all costs, she kinds failed at that. I believe Miles loves Nora. Just because we didn’t see him trying to find her, doesn’t mean he wasn’t looking for her. (They kinda breezed through that period in 3 or 4 minutes.) He didn’t know Bass had her. But concerning Rachel, even evil characters or heartless characters or selfish or those lacking empathy should be compelling characters. She isn’t compelling.

• lostie says:

U r correct she is a horrible Mother now. 15 years ago she was a great mother to her children. She sacrificed all of her principles to save her children. I think she is very compelling the fact you hate her makes her compelling.

• Joe says:

Sorry you are wrong Miles did not love Nora it was guilt from leaving her to get tortured by Monroe and loving his MILFY sister ib law.

• Alichat says:

I believe we can agree to disagree. In my opinion, Miles loves Nora.

• Sawyer says:

did Miles tell Nora he loved her. NO didn’t think so. Even when she died he did not say Nora I love you.GUILT

• Alichat says:

Just because he didn’t say those three words, he doesn’t love her? Interesting. I guess that means he doesn’t love Rachel either. Again….I think we should agree to disagree. I am allowed to have an opinion which differs from yours, even if you don’t want it to be that way. I believe Miles loves Nora.

• azu says:

Not once even when Nora was dying did miles tell her that he loved her. Mean while he’s always running after Rachel.even prophet Neville noticed it! Ladies take note if a man does not tell you he loves you don’t live in your fantasy world and assume he does. Even Nora understood

• Sawyer says:

like Charlie was going to really patch up Nora and save her. She was gutted. Charlie is n idiot. Rachel made command decision once again Charlie got stupid, the militia were right out side the door even Nora new that. You all think Nora and Miles had chemistry lol. Take your ball and go home. Miles is in love with Rachel the mother of his dumb ass daughter Charlie.

• Alichat says:

Sigh…..see above comment.

• azu says:

Nora was gutted, people!! There was no way she would have survived!! You guys and Charlie should grow up and deal with that fact!!! Rachel is neither a surgeon or a miracle worker. After all she suffered for 15 years without her family and loosing her (stupid) husband and wonderful son, you expect her to be mother Theresa? Come on people! Be realistic. Selfish Charlie didn’t welcome her instead gave her attitude only Danny did

• azu says:

O please give us a break. Rachel is the best. Nora died, so what? Boo hop. Boring girl with zero chemistry with miles even he couldn’t pretend to be excited about sex with her. They should have killed Charlie off as well annoying chicken

11. sparkle says:

I was loving the show until they decided to kill Nora off. I love Nora’s role, the only thing that would get me to watch the show again is if Nora is brought back and not as a ghost or memory. Miles need her, she wouldn’t leave anyone behind like Rachael. So bring her back.

• Amy says:

You never know, it could be possible with those chip thingys.

• Sawyer says:

Nora did not have that much of a role in this show. My word she even knew Miles loves Rachel.
      I liked Nora wished it would have been Charlie. I actually prefer the chemistry between Rachel and Monroe than Miles. I am sorry for you Nora fans she was a secondary player. She will find a job pretty quick.

12. Diz says:

This show gets worse by each episode. It’s been more than 8 yrs so there is no president. I’m glad there were no explosions when the power came on & every lightbulb still worked. The fuel that has sat for how many years is still able to go without any stabilizer. The computer whiz invented the OS but didn’t know how to kill his own OS once he turned the lights on to make sure the tower was completely out of commission. Why couldn’t he use any computer that had his OS? Why did he have to go to level 12 & be told how to navigate his own OS that he made from Mrs. Clause. What a joke!

13. Melanie says:

I’m done with this show. Already deleted off my DVR. I can’t believe they killed off Nora. Loved her. She is/was/always will be a better character than Rachel.

• ^ Revolution hater :-(

• wrstlgirl says:

See you next season.

• Melanie says:

Do you know something we don’t? Is Nora still alive? Cause that’s the only way it gets back in my TV rotation.

• MzTeaze says:

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one that deleted the series from the DVR after last night. If we rolled our eyes any more they would have fell out. The best part was when Tom told Monroe about his homo-erotic fixation with Miles. Yay! I guess Google has fulfilled his usefulness so he can also disappear leaving the core team of Charlie, her Mom and Miles with Tom and son. As much as I like the actor that plays Tom, even he can’t save this disastrous mess. I’m done.

14. Zeke says:

When a show recaps its entire season with an (approximate) sixty second montage it speaks volumes. Revolution had so much promise and was such a disappointment. About mid season it went completely off the rails. Week after week just running in place. It’s a textbook example of why shows like this need an expiration date from Day One. That way we avoid 55 minutes of mindless explosions and faceless deaths just to get to 5 minutes of basic story advancement each week. And am I the only one who felt that the big twist was rushed and forced? Perhaps, if they spent a little more time focusing on the core story and less time on things like Monroe and Miles’ ex-girlfriend (uh, who cares?), that ending would have still been a surprise but a little more cohesive. But, in true Revolution style, 55 minutes of mindless nonsense and the last five minutes get us lights back on, the brilliant “someone did this on purpose!” revelation, Randall’s bat shi* crazy, goodbye Atlanta, Philly and Randall and hello Mr. exiled President.

And you’d think that after all those years of no power, people would be slightly more excited about the lights coming back on. They all seemed mildly surprised at best.

Sorry Revolution. My blackout takes place next fall on Wednesday nights.

• Miranda says:

The sixty second montage is a Kripke thing, he did it on Supernatural as well.

• Laney says:

Joss Whedon once did a montage of four full years of Buffy (100 episodes) in 40 seconds. I don’t see what that has to do with anything, especially since it’s sort of Kripke’s signature move on Supernatural. I get that Abrams and Kripke’s storytelling styles aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but last night had the sort of drama and twists I expect from both of them. I thought it was fabulous.

• jaxguy says:

I’m with you Laney. I LOVE this show. I was disappointed with Nora’s death but other than that LOVED it.

15. soso14886 says:

I fast-forwarded most of the episode. So predictable and cheesy! I was rolling my eyes most of the time. As far as season finales go, this was not only a letdown, but also just very ‘meh.’ The only interesting thing to happen was Randal nuking Philly and Atlanta and offing himself and that last scene of POTUS in the shadows.

Also, why is everyone bashing on Rachel? She’s the only one who has her wits about her! What? Were they going to just stop while being outgunned and outnumbered by Neville and the militia and stop doing what the whole journey was all about (turning the lights back on) because Nora got shot? Hell, one look at Nora’s wound and we all knew she was goner. Rachel was being efficient and doing what needed to be done.

If anything, I’m just sorely disappointed Charlie didn’t die. Every time the camera pans to her, I just want to smack her face. She’s such an annoying little bitch! Sitting on her high horse and judging everyone! Gosh, her character is so monumentally unlikeable!

• Jill says:

I completely agree with the Rachel-bashing being unnecessary. Even Nora knew her were fatal.

Also completely agree with Charlie being the Most. Annoying. Character. She’s whiny and illogical just like her dad.

• the girl says:

I completely agree. People need to stop with the Rachel bashing. She was the most focused character of the episode.

16. James says:

I thought it was the best episode since the pilot, i’m not sure that says a lot, this show has a lot of problems, and i’m curious how they’ll navigate season 2. POTUS does know that nuclear bombs give off tons of radiation right? i’m not entirely sure what he thinks he’s going to do i guess you could have america in DC but they better hope the wind doesn’t blow that radiation to them. Billy Burke was awesome in this eppy for all the trouble i have with this show it was almost worth it just to hear him say “you first Pr*ck” that was pretty funny. I love Elizabeth Mitchell but am not wild about the character she seems overly cold. liked Nora and would of much rather Charlie go instead she is the worst character on television and her scenes next season need to be cut dramatically. i’m glad they didn’t kill off Monroe he’s my favorite David Lyons has done a great job with him.

• Merissa says:

You took the words right out of my mouth…agree with everything you said! ;)
      In summation, love E. Mitchell, not her character, hate Charlie, love Miles and Monroe (both the actors and the characters), and will def. miss Nora :(

• Carla Krae says:

ICBMs aren’t automatically nuclear. It’s an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile. Could’ve easily been a standard explosive warhead, or one that only kills off biological matter for a short time and leaves the city intact, or any number of other weapons.

• Amy says:

I also feel like I’m missing a big piece of the back story puzzle. We know Monroe rose to power by being cruel and that the idea was originally born out of witnessing chaos and desperation in the days following the black out. We know nothing about how the government collapsed and new places (Georgia, Texas, and Philly/Monroe Republic) came to power. Obviously the rebels wanted to restore America but it doesn’t seem the were acting on behalf of POTUS. If “America” was dead how does POTUS hope to restore it? We saw what drove Miles from Monroe but what got them to start the republic in the first place? They are going to have to set a lot of “ground rules” for this re-powered earth.

• Sawyer says:

Elizabeth Mitchell even said in an interview that Rachael is not a likable character, she is broken, a complete failure as a mother and pretty scary. Mitchell went on to say Rachel is a sociopath and can not be trusted. I think she is doing an amazing job with charter she is playing.

17. Derrick says:

There were only 2 good female characters in this show,Maggie and Nora, and they are both dead. Then there is Danny’s death,smdh, another good character.

The show is just different than it was before Christmas.

18. Abby says:

Did a group dedicated to Revolution hate-watching agree to all come here and comment? I enjoyed the finale a lot. It has been a bumpy season and I hope next season is better. All the characters are in danger except Miles and Charlie (and probably Neville; they got a great actor and they aren’t going to lose him). So I’m not sure why the over-reaction to Nora’s death. One of the big mistakes they made this season IMO is that they made Aaron so bland and someone we don’t really care about. They should have made him witty, maybe some comic relief (not a clownish character but someone who has funny lines). He’s pretty useless as a character and wouldn’t have cared if he had been killed off.

• Agreed – don’t get why everyone is up in arms about Nora’s death and how I really don’t care for Aaron at all.

• Laney says:

I’ve never understood showing up on a message board to crap on the show’s fans. Why bother? I guess some people don’t get that they’re watching someone else’s story — they act as if television writers and producers are entertainment jukeboxes who should dispense the story of any given fan’s preference at will.

• jaxguy says:

I guess I have no taste but I LOVED the whole season. The whole journey. I’m such much more will be answered in season 2. I think Charlie is Miles’ daughter.

• Laney says:

I thought that at first — and I think there have been a ton of hints that way — but lately I’ve been wondering if it’s Danny instead, explaining why Rachel seems so much more attached to him than Charlie.

• wrstlgirl says:

People get a great sense of enjoyment out of trashing things that others enjoy. It’s pathetic. All the comments “I’m done with this show” or “I’m deleting this from my dvr and never watching again” Really?!?! Just do it and go, why do you have to come here and tell everyone about it. It’s like some ridiculous power play and it just makes them look silly.

• azu says:

Thank you. If you don’t like it, just simply stop watching the show. I’m a fan of the show it may not be perfect but I like the direction the show is taking if only they can kill daft and boring Charlie off!!

19. Seems 8% of the people who hated it represent the majority of the comments. LOL

• Miranda says:

Haters tend to be more vocal… They’re too busy whining about what they didn’t like, and how much of a travesty it was, to really see that the point of a television show is to entertain on a regular basis…

• soham14 says:

Someone can be critical but still like the show in general. I thought the second half of the season was pretty much an unmitigated disaster, but I still stuck with the show because the (older) cast is amazing and the premise is interesting. I’m holding out hope that they pull out of the hole of crap that the show has been dug into.

• lostie says:

Man I thought the last 10 episodes were the best of the season. I guess u can’t please all the viewers go watch the standard cop procedural on every channel and quit whining.

20. I agree…I have really enjoyed the show…it’s different than anything else on right now…and while there have been “eye rolling” moments, it’s been enjoyable for the most part. Let’s hope they listen to the audience and tweak some of the characters (Charlie, Rachel, Aaron) to at least make them somewhat likable, otherwise get rid of them…I’m definitely going to continue tuning in next season :)

• jaxguy says:

The whole premise of this show requires the viewer to leave logic and reality at the door. But how many other great shows have done the same? Lost? Invasion? And so many others. I went along for the ride and loved the whole thing. I also loved Arrow which did it’s best to kill off every character they could. Interesting fiction and a nice respite from the reality shows that have overwhelmed network TV.

21. Spoiler_Hater says:

Hey dummy… notice where you say “Warning: The following recap contains major spoilers from Monday’s season finale of Revolution.”

Did you look at the URL for this freaking page… IT IS A SPOILER ALERT. Well done.

22. DJ says:

The show has been struggling since they came back from hiatus and the whole ‘everyone’s going for the Tower’ storyline took up WAY too much screen-time.

Killing Nora was a mistake, pure and simple. Not killing Monroe was also a mistake. Yes, David Lyons is a good actor but they ran out of story for Monroe 10 episodes ago and had to come up with this ridiculous surprise!kid just to give him something to do. Keeping Aaron around was also pointless. Now that he’s used his code to turn the power back on, he’ll just go back to making incredibly un-funny jokes and getting in everyone’s way.

The finale was underwhelming to say the least and didn’t give me much hope for next season. The 8pm time-slot will also be a problem, as they’ll have to tone down on the violence and figure out a way to draw viewers in without The Voice as a lead-in.

23. Carla Krae says:

Enjoyed the episode. Glad we got the standard Kripke montage at the beginning ala Supernatural.
    Hey guys, an ICBM doesn’t have to contain a nuclear warhead. All it means is Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile. We don’t know if Kripke chose nuclear until season 2 arrives. I hate that Independence Hall could be blown up.
    As for the POTUS and who it is, the blackout happened in our time, so unless they say Obama only had one term, he was president at the time that Randall okayed the launch. (And would be President until Jan. 2013 anyway.) Now…..who survived in the gov’t hierarchy after the blackout and subsequent chaos is another story. It’s President, then VP, then Speaker of House, then other people from there, so we would find an acting President who would automatically serve the rest of the current term. They would take the Acting President to wherever was safest once it was time to evac. There are a LOT of contingency plans in place.

• Miranda says:

Weren’t all the pictures showing Bush as President? I could’ve sworn that’s the general likeness they were using in the darkened room…

• Dee says:

No, they did have pictures of all of the presidents on some wall.

• Eric says:

President Obama was on the wall in the previous episode, so no that wasn’t Bush in the darkened room. They’ll do either one of two things next season RE: POTUS; they’ll either say that President Obama passed away during the blackout/aftermath and through the line of succession the current President came to power, OR they’ll use an alternate timeline aka: The West Wing.

I wouldn’t speculate on who the darkened figure is as they haven’t cast the role yet. No doubt they’ll try to cast an A/B list actor for the part. I’m crossing my fingers for Martin Sheen.

• Kella says:

All the presidents pictures, up to and including Obama, were on a wall in the tower. W. Bush’s picture was also in a large frame in the office Monroe and Rachel were in. Rachel said that room was Cheney’s secret bunker when they were in office.

• Suz says:

The fact that the key to the room was under Bush2′s pic, I’m going with someone in his admin is the ‘POTUS’ …

24. Martin says:

I can’t be the only one that hates Rachel now after she basically let Nora die to fulfill her revenge fantasy, even Emily Thorne wouldn’t be that cold (well, maybe).

Also, kinda hate Miles after he basically kissed and made up with Monroe, its as if his brother and nephew didn’t die because of him.

Losing interest after Nora died, why couldn’t they of killed someone useless off like Jason or Grace. So, there is only two characters i like now even a bit, Charlie and Aaron.

• M says:

Jason isn’t useless. Thank you very much.

• ninamags says:

Jason is most definitely NOT useless. Hello, they used his code to write….whatever it is they used it for.

Rachel is a scientist. She did what needed to be done, with a single-minded purpose. There is no time for emotions. Hell, anybody else would have fallen apart after her husband and son had been killed. But she focused on her objective. I like her a lot, actually.

Kind of ambivilent about Nora. Rachel and Miles are the better couple. I even happen to think that Charlie might be Miles’ daughter.

Love the bromance between Miles and Monroe.

• the girl says:

You like Charlie? Seriously? She is crazy annoying. I tolerated her before but after last night I want to punch her in the mouth.

25. Patrick Maloney says:

Did anyone else think that Tom described Bass’ obsession with Miles as “Borderline Erotic”?

26. oakman3@gmail.com says:

terrible finale.

27. M says:

The finale was pretty good, but I especially loved the Kripkeness of the ending. Also, there needed to be more Jason! He’s my favorite. I thought there would have been at least one scene with him and Charlie together, but I guess we’ll have to wait until next season for that!

28. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

It’s a shame everyone hates Rachel, because Elizabeth Mitchell is one of my favorite actresses. Sadly, I watched the pilot of this and couldn’t even do it for her — and am glad I didn’t, based off of all the comments.

I have kept up with reading the recaps, as my boss loves the show and needs someone to talk to about it… haha

• azu says:

Please watch it. It’s good. Never mind these negative comments from the uninformed bashers who have no talent whatsoever. They take delight in criticizing some one else s hardwork

29. The only question we’re going to find out in Season Two is are we finally to revealed Monroe’s child? Can’t wait for the new season to find out when Revolution moves to Wednesdays at 8 p.m. this Fall. Deal with it, Revolution haters.

30. Jake says:

I would really like to know how the power was able to be turned on so quickly. Power is created by turning a generator via steam/nuke, wind, solar, or gas. I feel bad for the power plant operators that have been waiting for 15 years. It is hard to restart a unit after a two week scheduled outage. Can’t imagine trying to rotate a turbine rotor after it has bowed for 15 years :)

• Supernatural says:

the control tower had power and it was the center of power so when the light went back on it was quick!

• knight says:

I get confused. The people in the tower have been there for 15 years and never saw sunlight, but yet there wwere pictures of all presidents up to Obama in that office. Does that mean this is taking place in the future?

• Laney says:

Yes, the blackout was in roughly current time with the show’s premiere, which puts the show’s “current” time in roughly 2028-ish. That’s supported by the fact that Bass’ family died in 2010, and we know they were killed a couple years before the blackout. There are probably other hints throughout the season as well.

31. Borderline Obsession says:

I’m wondering how they’re going to maintain their current level of blood at 8 p.m. I know there’s no “family hour” anymore, but there are still 8:00 shows and 10:00 shows.

32. rosem says:

i too hated to see Nora die, and no woman who loved her man would say those words to another woman the writers are totally off and i am not watching this show anymore.

33. wrstlgirl says:

That was a crazy wild ride and I loved every second of it. I love this show for what it is, I don’t analyze every little detail. You can do that with every show on television. Why bother putting yourself through that if it’s going to make you so upset. Kripke is a genious :-)

• lostie says:

To all you viewers out there in regards to Nora’s death, have you forgotten that she was with Miles and Monroe all those years and did nothing to save Rachel when she was being tortured by Miles and Monroe, she left Rachel to die.
      Nora never mentioned that to Charlie, that she new Rachel. Nora may have changed but she was just as ruthless as her man Miles when he was the leader of the Monroe Republic. I guess payback is a b##tch.
      People don’t like Rachel, she just tried to save the world.

When Elizabeth Mitchell/Juliet/Rachel(RVL) on Lost was killed off in S5, I swore I would never watch the show again. The next year S6 she appeared in 3 episodes and was nominated for an Emmy.
      The viewers were pissed, however it was the best thing in reality for her career. She has a television offers and stayed with Sci-fi genre of V and Revolution. Juliet death made her character an icon on Lost with the battle of Juliet/Kate for James/Sawyer undying love.

I have watched every episode of Revolution and still do not know the actresses name who played Nora.
      Nora will probably be back in flashbacks, because we still do not know the backstory of Miles/Rachel.
      I am positive that the actress who played Nora, has probably gotten some offers for her own show.
      I liked Nora wish Charlie’s character and acting had been more like Nora.

34. Libby says:

Am I the only one who has thought that Charlie is really Miles’ daughter from the first couple of episodes? It was made obvious that Rachel and Miles had a fling in recent episodes. Maybe I have watched too many soaps growing up but I am convinced that is going to come out next season!

35. Supernatural says:

Ok people, “I mad Nora died I’m not going to watch it blah blah , who cares, she is not a major character in the show. she died for Rachel to get to level 12. the show is called Revolution they are fighting to bring the power back not the relationship between Miles and Nora! geez! if you don’t like the way a story is written get your @sses up from your couch go to school and get a degree in writing that why you can write your own show so you can be happy! in Supernatural they called the boys died I was upset or who bobby died, I didn’t stop watching I love this show. not every show is going to live up to your standard but we have to respect the time and effort a person put to put this together! if you don’t like being talked about don’t do it to other!

36. Supernatural says:

also the government is bogus they took Aaron idea and made a tower to control the world power! and he was pissed as hell!

37. azu says:

Rachel and miles. Yay!! Bye Nora happy to miss ya. Now if only Charlie and her judgmental ass can disappear, the show would be golden. I love Monroe. Like Tom and Jason. Now if only the writers trim the fat and keep the story line focused, I’ll be back for season 2
    I like Nora gone don’t care if miles and Charlie get mad with her

38. azu says:

Rachel was focused and was ready to die to keep the power on. Why should she care if Nora gets in the way of achieving what she and Aron have sacrificed so much for? Remember she walked thousands of miles through enemy territory to get to the tower. Miles and co just used the chopper. Lost her husband and wonderful son in the process and yet y’all expected her to give it all up to save boring Nora who? No way hombres!! Love love Rachel. She, miles and bass are the best!!

39. MaryBlake says:

I cannot believe they killed Nora off! She was my favorite character! If they try to put Miles and Rachel together I’m going to break my tv. Lol no. But I’m really mad and sad. I can’t believe they did that.

40. Leonessa says:

I would have rated the finale AWESOME if they hadn’t killed Nora off. I saw this happening but hoped they wouldn’t go for predictable… I was right and wrong at the same time… so p.o’d. about that.

I have a feeling that next season Miles and Bass will be on the same side again. Now that he’s lost everything but his life, I think Bass may realize that he has gone a bit insane.

I am truly terrified for Aaron now. Now that he has come to accept the fact that he is the guy who wrote what has to be the next best thing to the atom bomb, I don’t see him having any peace.

Once again, I am truly pi$$ed that Nora is dead.

41. Capstern says:

I expect portly man to turn the power back out to stop the Nukes. No electricity no detonation. Nukes arent impact detonated. And then an issue turning back on again and some other plot device to keep everyone moving around. I expect the Atlanta foces to crash and burn when the power goes back out.

42. didi says:

I mean they killed Nora…who do we need to care for now? She was the only one with a heart, she made Miles better, helped Charlie grow up, and made helped Aaron grown up into a hero!

43. Joe says:

I didn’t read everyone’s comments, but I read up until the part where everyone started talking about not wanting Miles and Rachel to be together. Has no one figured out that Miles is going to be revealed as Charlie’s real father? That’s why they have so much concern for each other.

44. Didn’t hate it. Really laughed out loud though when it turned out the President was hiding out in Guantanamo Bay… Kind of poetic.

45. Liam says:

So…does that mean that Tom’s wife and Jason’s mom died in Georgia as well as all of the Georgian govt. That could fuel Tom to become something worse than Bass ever was.

46. ohome says:

Want Nora back…

Use the same Rachel used to heal her leg..

Sorry for my bad english

47. right bc its ok to kill everyone and let everyone that comes in your way die, you know, since your son is dead, nobody else matters ….logics at its highest rachel

48. Leonessa says:

…Why does Supernatural hate Nora? LOL

49. R.O.B. says:

Has anyone yet mentioned the ridiculous need to force feed us Stephen King references? And for no apparent reason. You’ve got Randall Flagg – er, I mean Randall Flynn, and if it wasn’t obvious enough that they called the finale location “the tower”, the title of the last episode was The Dark Tower. But why? Other than taking place in a post-apocalyptic future, Revolution has nothing to do with the Stephen King references they are making.

And by the way – the whole electronics nanovirus thing in Revolution – that would have been a WAY better explanation for the Island in Lost than “island magic”. People being healed, mothers unable to carry their babies to term, weird electromagnetic fields, the smoke monster… nanomachines could have explained all that. Sorry, off topic.