Reader Wish List: 30 Actors From Cancelled Series You Want Back on TV Now!

Cancellation makes the heart grow fonder — at least that was the take-home message from the comments section of TVLine’s gallery titled “30 Actors from Recently Cancelled Series We Want Back on TV Now.”

Indeed, while you concurred that the future is bleak without the likes of Jasika Nicole, Sela Ward and Megan Hilty on your screens, you also weren’t shy about reminding us of the dozens of talented actors we should’ve included in our roundup.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to New and Returning Shows!

And from your discontent, a new gallery was born: Behold, “30 Actors from Recently Cancelled Series YOU Want Back on TV Now!”

RELATED | TVLine Wish List: 30 Actors From Cancelled Series We Want Back on TV Now!

Click through the photos below to see which actors your fellow readers are already jonesin’ for, then hit the comments and share which series might be a good fit for their particular talents.

Comments (146)

• Absolutely!

Comment by Meg – May 31, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely!

Comment by Andy – May 31, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABSOLUTELY!!

Comment by JBC – June 2, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping to see him on that list. He was the first one that came to my mind. At least he will be in a few episodes of the new show King & Maxwell. Althoug that is not nearly the same has having his own show, which is way over due.

Comment by Spikenalabama – June 6, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely!!!!!!! All of Leverage, for that matter! The show should NEVER have been cancelled!

Comment by Sandra – September 4, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hell yeah!

Comment by Laurie – September 4, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Davenport is filming something called Breathless in the UK at the moment :D About Drs & nurses in the 1960s

Comment by JayneD – May 31, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where… is… Michael… CUDLITZ!!!!????

Comment by WTF – May 31, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • on the original list.

Comment by flutiefan – May 31, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is list #2. There is a link up in the article to that list.

Comment by Kvivik – May 31, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for recognizing Jack Davenport. He and Megan Hilty were my favorite part of Smash. Davenport was also brilliant in Coupling (which I totally think could return a la Arrested Development quite well).

Also, I hope the entire cast of Go On has projects in the future. They all were great comedic actors.

Comment by Maddie Shook (@MaddieShook) – May 31, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • An attempt was made at Coupling (at least a US version that tanked), but I would love to see the original BBC cast come back. Unfortunately, that’s up to the BBC …

Comment by Amanda – May 31, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Coupling, but Steven Moffat seems to have a full plate at the moment. And I don’t think he’s all that interested in resuming the show.

Comment by ElKabong – June 1, 2013 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I try to pretend the American version of Coupling never existed in the same way that some ignore the existence of The Last Airbender. As wonderful and witty as Coupling was, I know that Moffat is far too busy toying with the emotions of fangirls and fanboys across the globe with Sherlock and DW.

Comment by Maddie Shook (@MaddieShook) – June 1, 2013 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, although I would like them all to be in an ensemble (oh! wait they were togther in a great show called Go On). They were so good together. And this is why I hate NBC!

Comment by elr – May 31, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for Dana Delany to be a regular on Cate she was soo good when she was on it.
    I would also want to see Jack Davenport on the new Dracula show

Comment by Cj – May 31, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean Castle? I’d like to see her recur as FBI Agent Shaw for sure, but I don’t see how they can make her a regular. I’d like for her to get another show to headline though…

Comment by SJ – May 31, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i would love for her to be back on Castle, but not as a regualar… maybe recurring or guest starring again…

Comment by luli – May 31, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone from Fringe really although they may need a break…
    And definitely Davenport from Smash as Derek Wills was the best thing in that show…
    Justin Kirk yes yes yes… and talking about Justin… how about Justin Hartley from Emily Owens?

Comment by Red Jane – May 31, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Justin is in our original gallery (see link within story).

Comment by Michael Slezak – May 31, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tim Heidecker. Eric Wareheim.

Comment by Teag – May 31, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not on any lists lately, and yes, it’s been awhile since it was cancelled…. JASON DOHRING and FRANCIS CAPRA

At least they’ll be in The Veronica Mars Movie soon

Comment by M – May 31, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unf yes I would love to see more Dave Annable :P

Comment by Spencer – May 31, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We miss you ANNA!!!! come back!!

Comment by maria – May 31, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taye Diggs has Stephen Bochco’s TNT pilot.

Comment by whoopsie – May 31, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy how Leighton is the only actor from Gossip Girl on this list.

This is probably because she was the only cast member who was consistently a good actor.

Comment by Jess – May 31, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was the only one who didn’t phone it in.

Comment by Kate – May 31, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Sela Ward or Eddie Cahill in another show as well as Dana Delany.

Comment by C – May 31, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want ‘Gary’ from Alphas to get a show; actually, I just really want Alphas back!

Comment by kelsey – May 31, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still no Summer Glau? Is she on something and I don’t realize? And now add Alan Tudyk even though Suburgatory was not cancelled

Comment by Tom Charles – May 31, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv, Jamie Bamber, Dana Delany, Mamie Gummer, Radha Mitchell, Maria Bello. YEP. come back!

Comment by Cherry – May 31, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely Dana Delany and Mamie Gummer. Both those show were cancelled too prematurely I think.

Comment by ChrisGa – June 1, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I meant just Dana from this list. I’m only just reading the wish list article,now.

Comment by C – May 31, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL YES to Sophia Bush! Stunning and so talented. This girl needs to be the star of her own series asap.

Comment by dude – May 31, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Valley should just give up TV acting. He’s killed every running series he’s been cast in and Human Target didn’t last a full season! He should stick to theatre and film, not TV.

And I want Jamie Bamber back on a show using is natural accent! Miss Law & Order : UK where he was Matt Devlin. So awesome!

Comment by Kvivik – May 31, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Human Target lasted for 2 seasons. He was also in about 70 episodes of Boston Legal, and that show lasted for 5 seasons. And he wasn’t the one who killed Fringe (he was only in 12 episodes of that). Maybe he can’t carry a TV series on his own given the ratings, but he’s not necessarily a bad actor and he wasn’t a bad addition to Body of Proof.

Comment by Jerri – May 31, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, he was a HORRIBLE addition to BOP. But I do not blame him for it crashing and burning…the blame is in the people who got rid of Peter, Bud and Sam.
        The Megan who came back after Peter’s death was so unlikable, Curtis and Ethan were barely used charicatures of themselves from first 2 seasons and Megan and Tommy’s ‘will they/won’t they’ made me sick to my stomach.
        I was hoping the season would be good, but by the end I was glad they cancelled it. Another awesome show ruined by TPTB tinkering with something that wasn’t broken.

Comment by Daven C – June 1, 2013 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mark Valley is not the fault of the producers canceled the series in which it participates and I think either canceled so fast, but I really like it will last longer (can not ask to have the same duration as CSI, as I would like). I think the producers want to make too much money in the series. Fringe had interest for me while Mark Valley, and when I stop participating and was losing all greeting interes.Un Pilar from Spain

Comment by Pilar – June 22, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry to disagree with you, I think mark valley is a very good actor and I personally love all the series that participa.Creo that you are very wrong. From Spain

Comment by Pilar – June 22, 2013 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv, SOPHIA BUSH (and Beth-Joy Lenz for that matter), John Noble, Taye Diggs, Ben McKenzie, Leah Remini (Loved King of Queens) and then again, Jerry Stiller.

Comment by GERsimon – May 31, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bethany Joy is going to be on Dexter.

Comment by Marco – June 1, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched Fringe, but saw John Noble as a guest star on The Good Wife and got smitten by his personality and a voice to die for..checked!
    Dana Delaney,checked!
    How about Sella Ward, Lisa Edelstein, and Hugh Laurie…checked!

Many names on this list who had several chances but their shows got cancelled(more than once)..give other actors a chance. Checked!

Comment by tahina – May 31, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe Sela Ward was on the original list.

Comment by Meg – May 31, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv. Miss her so much

Comment by Melissa – May 31, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if I wish to see Aldis Hodge, Beth Riesgraf and Christian Kane in new projects or hoping they will all be available if TNT sees the error of their ways and gives us Leverage: The Movie.

Comment by Ace – May 31, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome to Sophia making the list :D

Comment by Joe – May 31, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would add Chace Crawford. I know his not the best of actors but he’s such an eye candy and I already miss him in my weekly views.

Comment by Tinemi – May 31, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Jeri Ryan?

Comment by Jerri – May 31, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a Jeri Ryan fan, but I think only myself and one other person mentioned her on the previous post, so it’s probably why she didn’t make the new list. I’m surprised though – I thought she was more popular.

Comment by JC – May 31, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve only watched her on Leverage and Pysch, but I loved her on both.

Comment by Andy – May 31, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I didn’t see Leverage, but I’ve seen her on Shark, Psych, and Warehouse 13 besides Body of Proof. I’ve thought she was great in everything.

Comment by JC – May 31, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want jessica lowndes and jessica stroup and sophia bush and ill just say it i miss izzy on greys so shonda if u could get her back for me that would b super :D

Comment by PeterW – May 31, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed – Stroup needs to be back on my tv screen ASAP

Comment by Kate – May 31, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • finally someone else that misses Izzy! :D I neeeeeed her back on Grey’s! And since things are finally looking up for the Alex and Jo relationship, itd be some nice drama to see her back. So i’m soooooo hoping for her to come back! Even if it’s just for an episode

Comment by Jerm – June 1, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aldis & Beth but Christian Kane isn’t on the list? Seriously?!

Comment by Ashley – May 31, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laura and Tyler are great, but everyone knows Julie White was the real stand out of ‘Go On’.

Comment by Alice – May 31, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s Beth & Aldis but not Christian Kane? Seriously?!

Comment by Ashley – May 31, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv, I miss her, but I want JJ Abrams to cast her, for an important female role in the next STAR WARS.

Comment by Bete – May 31, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, let’s hire Anna Torv for star wars and spite Joshua Jackson with it. I mean Anna Torv fans hate everyone.

Comment by Missmurray – May 31, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Missmurray, I see you’re still at the Fringe Aussie bashing. Please give the rhetoric a rest, will you. It’s becoming tedious and it’s certainly not doing you (or your cause) any favors.

Comment by kajar – May 31, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What is all this Anna Torv fans vs Joshua Jackson fans? Is there some war going in the Fringe fandom that I’m unaware of?

Comment by JC – May 31, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • JC, I’m not sure what’s going on. All I know is that this particular individual has been consistently posting rather nasty snipes directed at Anna Torv and/or her fanbase under many comments (not just in this thread) centering on the actor, and it has become rather eye-roll inducing. I’m about to write him/her/it off as troll.

Comment by kajar – May 31, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m puzzled too. I like both of them a lot. Ever since Anna was on McLeod’s Daughters and Joshua was on Dawson’s Creek.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 31, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In sorry am I missing something she never mentioned Joshua Jackson, is their a rule somewhere when you can’t like both. I’d love for Anna to be in Star Wars, I think Jackson would be great in it too. I love them both, why must we hate on the fans of each, you have no evidence that the above commenter hates Jackson so why act like she does.

Comment by Mike R. – June 1, 2013 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It sounds like Sam fans versus Dean fans. Ridiculous.

Comment by Sash112 – June 1, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Valley needs to be on another show soon! The man is very talented! He’s not bad luck for the shows! Sometimes networks cancel the good stuff because they aim for people in a certain age group. Human Target was on for 2 Seasons. It would have stayed on if FOX didn’t keep changing when it was on.
    It also helps that he’s gorgeous too!

Comment by Lorraine Pezzella – May 31, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this comment, it is very good actor and I really like all the series in which it participates. I think you have not been given all the opportunities that should, even so making that makes it great is a very good actor.

Comment by Pilar – June 22, 2013 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Valley & Dana Delany! They’re awesome together! :)

Comment by Kate – May 31, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Gary Sinise on this list…cause I for one, want him back! Not only is he a great actor, he’s an Awesome American who does so much for our military men and women!

Comment by tlh45 – May 31, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol out of all the 90210 actors the site picked Michael Steger?

Jessica Stroup and Annalynne McCord need to be back on tv. They were the two most talented people on that show so I hope they end up somewhere OTHER than the CW.

Comment by Kate – May 31, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is list number 2. The first list had Annalynne.

Comment by Meg – May 31, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Chiklis is a big omission. Though I hope he goes back to cable.

Comment by Superhero – May 31, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Aldis Hodge. I would have said the new Beverly Hills Cop, but CBS decided not to pick it up.

Comment by c0rinne – May 31, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Walsh. I would love to see her in a comedy actually.

Comment by Sean T – May 31, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the f— is Lee Pace???

Comment by viola – May 31, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next TV show Dana Delaney is on, can she not be examining bodies in 5-inch red heels and a matching dress?

Comment by GTS – May 31, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DANA DELANY ALL THE WAY!

Comment by Marina Theodoridou (@MarinaBOP4ever) – May 31, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Brett Gelman from both “Go On” and the US version of “The Inbetweeners”?

Comment by Derek – May 31, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leighton Meester… we need our Blair Witch back on TV, maybe she could be on Nashville (she played a country singer in the movie Country Strong)

Taye Diggs should reunite with his real life wife Idina Menzel on Glee, but I want Megan Hilty as a Broadway diva with Lea Michele in their version of Funny Girl. Lauren Ambrose (the actually former Funny Girl star because producers cancel the show) should be back to play that role but on TV.

Dana Delany is a perfect lady for Mad Men.

Anna Torv could be on CSI or NCIS

Comment by Fernanda – May 31, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since you’ve mentioned NCIS, I’ve read in a couple of places that CBS is open to taking another look at NCIS: Red if it were redeveloped with a new cast. So maybe Anna Torv as the new female lead instead of Kim Raver? Just a thought.

Comment by JC – May 31, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What no Kat McPhee? [insert sarcasm here]

Comment by ABC – May 31, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sophia Bush–YES! I’d love for her to headline her own show.
    As for Dana Delany- I love her & was bummed Body of Proof was canceled. She needs to be back on TV ASAP! For any Desperate Housewives fans out there, I had a thought that maybe Marc Cherry should bring her DH character (Katherine Mayfair) over to its spin off Devious Maids, or at least have an equally epic character she can play the hell out of.

Comment by Chris – May 31, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank You! Sophia Bush needs to be in something NOW before I boycott TV altogether! I still think it’s nuts that she wasn’t considered for Lois Lane in Man of Steel. She would have been perfect!

Comment by Soapstef – May 31, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to both Laura Benanti and Tyler James Williams. I am still dreaming the impossible dream of Mark Valley, Chi McBride, Jackie Earle Haley coming back together for Human Target 2.0, or at least season 2 being put on DVD. And I want the entire Leverage crew to come back to TV, not just the kids, but the adults too.

Comment by Andy – May 31, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post