Fall TV Trailer: The CW's Star-Crossed Lovers Can't Deny Their Feelings

This love is outta this world.

The CW has released a full trailer for Star-Crossed, its alien-meets-human love story starring Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights) and Matt Lanter (90210) and premiering midseason.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

The romance kicks off when Lanter’s otherworldly cute teenage boy and eight others of his kind are integrated into a suburban high school. There, he crosses paths with Teegarden’s sweet-natured gal, with whom he happens to already have a past. And despite being part of rival species, dealing with angry protesters and judgey friends, the two are drawn to each other all over again.

Press PLAY to watch a preview for the new drama and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Sam says:

Oh god this looks horrible. The Vampire Diaries succeeds because it places an emphasis on story AND character. This seems to be all about character with no real plot.

• The Vampire Diaries hasn’t succeeded since S2. This looks promising. I’m gonna give it a shot.

• wordsmith says:

Remember, this is all just from the pilot, so there’s obviously going to be a lot more character than plot. A pilot with more plot than character is a sure way to kill a show – people may check out a show with a cool premise, but they come back for week 2 because they care about the people.

2. Regal says:

Umm… I hate to say this but does anyone else feel like Lanter is starting to look a little too old to play a teenager, even by CW standards? I mean he’s still extremely good looking and everything, but it feels like he should actually be playing characters who are in their twenties by this point.

3. Adam says:

Roswell much?

4. Dennis says:

Max and Liz!!! Oh wait, wrong show.

5. Tricia says:

Oh God. This looks horrible. Can’t wait.

6. Nunaya_Bidness says:

This puts me in the mind of Roswell with a little Kyle XY thrown in. It will probably get the 3 episode treatment in my house.

7. Lindsay says:

Um ever heard of a show called roswell? This show is just basically a rip off of that.

8. Steven says:

I hope this is half as good as Roswell, but judging by this trailer it won’t be.

9. Nessie says:

I’m interested in the show from what I’ve read about it, but that trailer doesn’t do it any help at all. What a terrible trailer.

• Nessie says:

To clarify, I don’t think the footage looks bad, I think the way it was cut together with the text is terrible.

10. madbengalsfan85 says:

Somewhere, Garrus Vakarian hangs his head in shame

11. S says:

I think it looks interesting. It actually doesn’t remind me of Roswell at all other than them being Aliens.

• Fran says:

I agree (on a side note, when did it become unpopular to say that??). It has the same basic premise but could be interesting if done differently. The trailer doesn’t do it too much justice though.

12. Morgan says:

Roswell redux?

13. brycealexander says:

STOP COMMENTING ABOUT ROSWELL okay we get it

14. Josh says:

Man 30 years old Aliens in high school…what will they think of next!?

15. Fran says:

I didn’t watch Roswell but weren’t the aliens on that show a secret (correct me if I’m wrong)?

• Regal says:

Yeah, they were. A lot of the plot lines dealt with them trying to hide from the government.

• Fran says:

Thanks! I thought so and was wondering why everyone thought it was exactly like Roswell. Other than the alien and human love, I don’t see much comparison.

• dude says:

I think the point is, we’ve already had a show about alien teenagers in high school and it was done well. What’s the point in creating another? Especially when it doesn’t look nearly as good.

• Fran says:

Whats the point of most of these shows though? We already had a show about vampires and witches in high school so why was the Vampire Diaries made? I dont buy that argument, that just doesn’t really work for me.

16. Josclyn says:

I may be the history nerd here but this reminds me so much of the Little Rock 9. It had to be purposeful, the imagery when they’re at the high school is just too similar for it not to be. (Dont believe me? Look it up, promise!) But anyway I’m interested in the show, there’s my rant :)

• Regal says:

I think it’s supposed to evoke that. (Though that fact may be lost on a decent chunk of the CW’s core audience.)

• Josh says:

Yeah I do think it’s supposed to invoke that…though I find it hilarious that they’re doing that with all pretty white people.

Poor Bonnie from TVD, the only major character on the CW who isn’t white(or is a Hispanic who looks very white)

• Brandy says:

You must not watch CW then, cause every show has black/minority actors/acresess.Tristan Wilds,(90210) is black,Jessica Parker Kennedy (SC,90210 briefly) is black, Jessica Schzor and characters of Russell and Raina Thorpe(Gossip Girl),Freemya(Larissa on Carrie Diaries),Robbie Jones(OtH,90210 briefly,Hellcats),Micheal Steger (90210) is perisian,Kritin Kruek(Smallville,BatB) is minority,Maggie Q on Nikita is Asian, characters of Tumelo and female on Life is Wild,Wayne Brady &,Aishia Tyler on Whose Line,Joes and Tess (Ninia Lissandro) on BaTB,characters of Tyra,Cheif, &Dr Gina Bindari on Emily Owens MD,characters of Alice &,Vanessa on Hellcats,Stephanie Jacobson of Melrose Place 2009,Corbin Blu on Beautiful Life, Americas Next Top Model has Tya Banks,Jay Alexander,Andre Leon Talley plus bunch of contestants but the ones I can name atm are :Eva,Toccara,Robyn,Camille,Ebony,Xiomara,April,Mercedes.Hart if Dixie has Cress Williams( whos black ) as Lavon and Golden Brooks as Ruby( shes black too).Smallville had Lana Lang and Pete( black guy) as minority characters.Jessica Lucas is black and starred on Melrose Place 2009 &Cult.Vampire Diaries has Kat Grahm as Bonnie, plus the characters of Pearl,Shelia “Grams”,bonnies dad,Abby.

• MaryAnn says:

Absolutely! It has much much more in common with that than with Roswell.

• Melanie says:

Do you think the writer’s are that deep? I like to think so, but I’m not so sure…

17. Sam says:

Julie Taylor, how you’ve changed.

This trailer is trying so hard. I can’t tell if its the show itself or the trailer thats rubbing me the wrong way. I’ll check out the Pilot, because I’m curious about this wave of sci-fi/fantasy show the CW is trying on.

18. MaryAnn says:

This looks intriguing and I am definitely going to give it a chance. The only thing bothering me is needing an explanation as to why the aliens look so much like us. There is absolutely no way that could ever happen unless the two species were somehow related in their far distant history.

19. MonicaF says:

This trailer is such a disappointment! Horrible. I can see already that these 2 characters have no chemistry. I watch this trailer and immediately don’t care about whether they are together. That right there is an epic fail!!

20. Raina says:

Looking forward to this! Sick of the Roswell comments. I watched Roswell and loved it. This is a mixture of Roswell / District 9 but it is stil it’s own show. Can’t wait til midseason!

21. Dan Sorenson says:

Well, these comments make me feel old in my mid 30’s, cuz my first thought was Starman. That’s a movie from the 80’s for you youngins out there. Then my next thought was that stupid movie 9 or something about some alien kids who came here and were hunted by their parents opposition. Don’t really remember cuz it was bad.

22. Dee says:

The title of the show irritates me more than anything else.Star-Crossed? Seriously? For all those talking about Roswell, yes Roswell was a far superior show. Roswell worked because no one knew they were aliens and it had a element of suspense to it. This show just seems like it’s missing a spark of some sort to make me even care about it.

23. Adam says:

Am I the only one who thinks that this actually looks really good? I love this trailer in comparison to the little preview we got before. Does anyone know if more trailers like these from th CW will b released? Rather than the little previews we got before?

And I also hope, just for the sake of it, that every hater gets slapped on their fingers when they see the show. I think this show actually will shock you. Hopefully :)

24. JJ says:

Wow..Star Crossed looks horrible but so did the trailer for Beauty and the Beast and that has become one of my favorite new shows. Cool concept..Looking forward to watching!

• Mo says:

I wouldn’t call BatB one of my favorites, but it is a guilty pleasure. And I agree… the trailer for that was so horrible I didn’t even want to watch, so it was a nice surprise that it turned out to be a much better show than I expected. Maybe Star-Crossed will also turn out to be decent despite this horrid trailer.

25. Maki says:

IT ISN’T A ROSWELL COPY CAUSE IT’S ABOUT ALIENS AND LOVE.
    Everyone said that Emily Owens would be a Grey’s Anatomy copy and it was very far from it and was still very good. I love the Cast and I will give the show an oppurtunity for sure.

26. I don’t know who the actress is but I really dislike the female lead in this. It just seems like she can’t convey emotion at all.

27. JAmandaFan says:

This just makes me want to rewatch Roswell! It was so good!

28. AT says:

I want to like this and hope that the pilot is better than the trailer. Right now it looks like the lead actress can’t act. Also the two leads appear to have no chemistry. Big problem if they want this to succeed. As of now I think they should seriously consider recasting. But this looked about as good as that Reign clip.

29. Kat says:

This pilot was really good when I read it. One of the best this season drama wise for sure. And the cast is great. I’m super excited about it. Think District 9 meets Romeo & Juliet meets Roswell. Which = AWESOME. Just wish we didn’t have to wait till mid-season for it!

• Winston says:

I also read the pilot and this trailer does not do it justice at all. I’m hoping the script didn’t just get lost in translation and that the trailer is just bad, because I liked the script.

30. BFT says:

The main dude is pretty cute, so I’ll check out the first few episodes. CW doesn’t have a ton of new shows like other networks, so I will probably watch the pilot of all of them.

31. Julie says:

It’s so hard to judge by a trailer alone. I know it’s meant to grab your attention (and I don’t think this trailer does the best job of that) but I’ll reserve my judgement until I actually see the show. It’s got an interesting premise.

32. scifisiren says:

Why is the guy always the alien/vampire/werewolf? Let the girl be the “other” some time.

33. Patrick Maloney says:

The little girl from Ben & Kate must have known that show was dead in the water and latched onto this

34. dude says:

This looks horrible. Aimee Teegarden followed Friday Night Lights with this? That’s like finishing a five star meal and having a twinkie for dessert.

35. Fabe says:

I think because I am in the midst of watching Roswell for the first time, Star Crossed intrigues me. I will have to give it a try! I decided to catch up on Beauty and the Beast this summer since their fans seem so crazy about it.

36. anja says:

Wow, Julie Taylor is all grown up, but seriously she sighed up for this after FNL.
    This looks so horrible that i will not miss it. hahaha

37. Fernanda says:

for my generation this is Roswell 2.0, for new generations this is “I am Number 4 the series”

38. Jessica says:

I still watch episodes of Roswell often. I will check this out but what kept me coming back to Roswell is the amazing chemistry that Shiri and Jason had as Liz and Max. Actually the whole cast of Roswell just meshed well. I just didn’t get that same feeling between the two leads in this series from this trailer. I will give the actual pilot and maybe the first couple of episodes to see if they can change my mind though.

39. meatwad says:

granted i’m not in the target audience but this doesn’t look good at all. only watched the video because of Ms. Teegarden but this is very much a cw show. the “ALIENS” are just us with tats and of course all of them are pretty. plus the two main characters appear as if they will be totally in love by the end of the first hour. no thank you

40. Sareeta says:

I don’t know. Looks like it could be good. Aimee Teagarden looks completely different from her FNL days. Main male character could be reason alone to watch this.

41. Elle says:

I LOVE The CW, but this show looks horrible. Bad acting, bad filming, bad plot, and most of all… CORNY. The way it’s filmed (the way it looks I mean) reminds me of the reboot of Melrose Place, and we all know what happened to that show. LOL

42. Liz says:

It really goes to show how much music can play into making or breaking an edit. That piece of music was HORRIBLE. The trailer could have been a lot better with just a different piece of music. I might check it out when it finally makes it’s way to tv. I do love the Taylors!

43. i like positive says:

i LOVE the trailer. so, ha!

44. DeeKayTee says:

Didn’t they make this show already and wasnt it called Roswell??

45. Kaft says:

absolutely cannot wait.

46. rose says:

ok so none of yu have acualy seen this show yet so how can u say the actors are bad and personaly i think the actros in Rosweld sucked they played on the drama way too mutch it made me want to barf.