White Collar has found a new follower.
Kole will play Agent David Seigel, Neal’s overly ambitious new FBI handler who takes over for the now-jailed Peter.
The Americans’ Richard Thomas will also guest-star in the new season (premiering this fall), playing the patriarch of a wealthy family.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Turns out, Katie Couric was approached about returning to the Today show in the wake of a recent decrease in ratings. “There were some cautious overtures to me to possibly come back,” she revealed Tuesday during an appearance on Howard Stern’s radio show. When asked if she’d seriously consider a comeback, Couric coyly responded, “For me, that was the best job.”
• Community fave Yvette Nicole Brown is returning to TV Land’s The Soul Man, The Hollywood Reporter reports, reprising her role as the Ballentines’ former neighbor. Season 2 of the TV Land comedy bows June 19.
• Animal Planet’s sequel “documentary” Mermaids: The New Evidence on Sunday night drew 3.6 million viewers, a ratings record for the network.
• Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots on Tuesday night drew 1.8 million total viewers — aka the most watched series premiere in OWN history.
• Nickelodeon’s Sanjay and Craig premiere drew 3.6 million total viewers on Saturday and ranked as TV’s No. 2 kids’ show for the week (behind only SpongeBob).
• Amazon has greenlit production on five of the 14 pilots it put online last month: the Garry Trudeau-created Alpha House (starring John Goodman and following four senators-turned-unlikely-roommates), Betas (about four young entrepreneurs attempting to make it big in techland) and the kids-oriented Annebots, Creative Galaxy and Tumbleaf. The new series will debut on Amazon Prime Instant Video later this year or in early 2014.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?