TVLine Items: Matthew Rhys Is Mr. Darcy, Melissa & Joey Renewed for Season 4 and More!
The Americans‘ Matthew Rhys will portray Pride and Prejudice‘s Mr. Darcy in BBC’s upcoming three-part project Death Comes To Pemberley.
Based on the suspense novel by P.D. James, the project — which is timed to P and P‘s 200th anniversary — centers on three of author Jane Austen’s iconic characters: Elizabeth Bennet, George Wickham and, of course, Mr. Darcy.
Anna Maxwell Martin has been cast as Elizabeth, and Matthew Goode will bring George to the small screen.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• ABC Family has picked up (a lot!) more Melissa & Joey. The cabler on Tuesday gave the sitcom (which returns May 29) a Season 3 back order and renewed it for a fourth season, making it ABC Family’s first comedy to reach 100 episodes.
• Oscar winner Melissa Leo (Louie) will co-star in Fox’s upcoming event series Wayward Pines. From The Sixth Sense director M. Night Shyamalan, Pines is described as an “intense, mind-bending thriller” that centers on Secret Service agent Ethan Burke’s (Matt Dillon) search for two missing agents in the titular town. Leo joins as an unpredictable nurse who cares for Ethan when he finds himself in the hospital.
• CNN’s new Morgan Spurlock-helmed and -hosted docu-series Inside Man premieres Sunday, June 23.
• Brooke Burns (Baywatch) will host GSN’s new quiz show The Chase, Deadline reports.
• Barry Manilow will once again headline PBS’ Fourth of July-themed concert event A Capitol Fourth, per TV Guide Magazine.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?