Exclusive Body of Proof Series Finale Video: Megan Gets to the Bottom of Her Daddy Issues (With a Little Help From a Veronica Mars Grad)!

Body of Proof Series Finale Michael AusielloIt’s official: Body of Proof‘s current third season will be its last — but the show has a few final twists (and a killer cameo!) up its sleeve before it heads six feet under.

Despite what exec producer Matthew Gross deemed a “valiant effort” by ABC Studios to find the cancelled Dana Delany drama a new home, next Tuesday’s season finale will now serve as a series finale.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s Still on the Bubble?

“We tried, tried and tried,” Gross told fans on Twitter. “No stone left unturned. No one wanted to keep this show on the air more than ABC Studios and me. We’re all bummed.”

The one silver lining: Tuesday’s episode will tie up a number of loose ends — not the least of which is the long-gestating mystery surrounding the death of Megan’s father — as well as feature a guest appearance by an actor who needs no introduction but he’s getting one anyway: Um, it’s me, people.

The guest star is meeeeeeeeeeee.

(And before you go questioning the authenticity of the headline on this story, yes, I was on Veronica Mars. Check it!)

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard is Complete: Find Out Who Died, Got Engaged, Gave Birth and More!

Press PLAY below to watch me single-handedly turn Megan’s dangling daddy issue on its head, scroll down further to view some outtakes from my big day on the set, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Should I enter myself in the supporting or lead category at this year’s Emmys?

Loading video...

Comments (38)

• Terrific! You look great. :)

Comment by Paolo – May 23, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool! I think you’d be unbeatable in the Supporting catagory!

On a serious note, I really like this show & I love Dana & Mark. I’m really sorry it’s been cancelled. Any chance a cable network might pick it up?

Comment by Chloe – May 23, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, they announced today that no network had picked it up. It’s gone. Idiots.

Comment by wyrdotter – May 23, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ending this show the most idiotic thing of the season. ABC won’t have anything that draws as well as Body of Proof.

Comment by Boiler – May 23, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!! Oh…was I yelling?? :)

Comment by Kim R – May 23, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mark Valley curse claims its next victim. He’s a great actor, shows are better with him on them (“Harry’s Law,” then “Body of Proof), but one and done season-wise.

Comment by Andy – May 23, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget Human Target and wasn’t he on Fringe for a while with his then real life wife?

Comment by ang – May 23, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Human Target” pulled an eleventh hour renewal for season two, you’re right. He was only a recurring guest star on “Fringe,” I thought.

Comment by Andy – May 23, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ completely agree with this, as soon as I read that Mark Valley was joining the show, I knew it was doomed. Its sad as I’ve being enjoying this series more than the previous 2. Hopefully the cast will all go on to other projects very soon.

Comment by gina – May 23, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The one silver lining: now that both Mark Valley and Chi McBride’s shows have ended… any chance they can resurrect Human Target?

Comment by Steve F. – May 23, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget Jackie Earle Haley, but do please forget that Pucci woman.

Comment by lyn – May 23, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely an Emmy worthy performance. The emotional force behind the words (oh, I guess word) was overwhelming.

Comment by Amy H – May 23, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stopped watching once they decided killing Peter. Bye!

Comment by tahina – May 23, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Take if from someone who was not planning to watch this season for just that reason….you have been missing out. The reboot was actually better than the first season, in my opinion. :)

Comment by Kim R – May 23, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hated that Peter was killed, but that was not the only reason the show stank this season. Valley was a terrible addition, Megan became extremely annoying, and the writing was simply awful. What a disappointment this season was. Because it was so bad, though, I’m not sorry the show is ending. I won’t miss it now.

Comment by Alex – May 23, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed this show. It was hindered by its hiatus and numerous cast changes, but the leads are solid and it’s hitting its stride. A loss.

Comment by tara17 – May 23, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scene stealer!

I’ll miss Body of Proof and Dana! :( how dare you ABC!

Comment by Cherry – May 23, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Dana and the rest of the case. the show should not have been cancelled.

Comment by snazzy – May 28, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sadden that this show was cancelled. I was hoping that a Cable Network would pick it up. ABC this was a big, big mistake!

Comment by Pat – May 23, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That “ma’am” was authoritative with just the right amount of sympathy. Nice job. An Emmy will be coming your way.

Comment by Jayne – May 23, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is tough. Obviously, you will win whatever category you are nominated for- but I think you should let another actor take the lead role, and go for the supporting actor.

Comment by GTS – May 23, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC has a knack for cancelling any show that’s good, they like to spend as little as possible. Don’t want scripted shows & replace it with crap & hope we’ll watch! NOT!!! Just look at their Daytime lineup! That should show you where Primetime is heading!

Comment by Mary Jane – May 23, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cheap ploy for click thrus, ey Ausiello? Because you are DEFINITELY the first VM alum we think of!

Comment by rebecca – May 23, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to see this show canceled and not picked up by a cable network. Of course, many of us are still upset with TNT for canceling Leverage. On the other hand, you look great and can dig my grave anytime! Well, after I die, that is!

Comment by Ethel – May 24, 2013 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show went off my radar when they made the unneeded cast changes including killing off the character of Peter. The plot of Megan’s dad started with Peter in the first season and could have been carried out with him as Megan’s go to guy.

Won’t miss this at all.

Comment by ljd213 – May 24, 2013 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know how you thought anyone could’ve survived last year’s cliffhanger. Peter’s death made sense– and worked well to underscore the tensions of this season’s shows.

Comment by tardis repairman – May 24, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. You have gotten even more handsome since your last cameo appearance on a show! Congrats on your latest acting gig. I hope you get more than a word next time.

Comment by TVDIVA – May 24, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC should not have cancelled Body of Proof – it was one of their only good shows! They seem to be migrating more and more to reality TV garbage! I don’t understand why another network hasn’t picked this show up – are they all as stupid as ABC? We know NBC is but what about the others?

Comment by Caro – May 24, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the article on ABC’s fall lineup and they are going to regret cancelling Body of Proof when their other shows crash and burn! They are planning mostly crap for next season!

Comment by Lisa – May 24, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad about the cancellation. Going to miss this show! At least we still have the finale to look forward to!

Comment by Norah – May 24, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked the addition of Mark Valley this season. It’s a shame ABC chose to cancel the show.

Comment by Amy H – May 24, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael it is nice that they let you appear on the show. Now why don’t you skewer ABC and question why it is gone???!! Have seen nothing from ABC as to why

Comment by Boiler – May 27, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just awesome, you look so hot there!

Comment by Monse Foster – May 27, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad this show was canceled. Epic fail ABC….

Comment by Linda – May 28, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry about the cancellation, but I hope this gives Dana Delany a chance to guest star on Castle again!

Comment by valeriel40 – May 28, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had not read the article when I watched the episode, but I recognized you immediately from all my years spent lurking your blogs and site. Congrats!!!

Comment by Gabriella – May 30, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was all a function of money I would guess… Though it got decent enough ratings and better than most, as usual, it was watched by the wrong viewers so the ad revenue wasn’t as high as needed.. that and like Vegas which also got decent older ratings in the same timeslot before it got buried on Fridays, problems with high cast salaries for the names working.. Dana and Mark I would guess demanded lead actor dough…. oh well..

Comment by drhenning – June 4, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post