Exclusive Body of Proof Series Finale Video: Megan Gets to the Bottom of Her Daddy Issues (With a Little Help From a Veronica Mars Grad)!

Body of Proof Series Finale Michael AusielloIt’s official: Body of Proof‘s current third season will be its last — but the show has a few final twists (and a killer cameo!) up its sleeve before it heads six feet under.

Despite what exec producer Matthew Gross deemed a “valiant effort” by ABC Studios to find the cancelled Dana Delany drama a new home, next Tuesday’s season finale will now serve as a series finale.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s Still on the Bubble?

“We tried, tried and tried,” Gross told fans on Twitter. “No stone left unturned. No one wanted to keep this show on the air more than ABC Studios and me. We’re all bummed.”

The one silver lining: Tuesday’s episode will tie up a number of loose ends — not the least of which is the long-gestating mystery surrounding the death of Megan’s father — as well as feature a guest appearance by an actor who needs no introduction but he’s getting one anyway: Um, it’s me, people.

The guest star is meeeeeeeeeeee.

(And before you go questioning the authenticity of the headline on this story, yes, I was on Veronica Mars. Check it!)

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard is Complete: Find Out Who Died, Got Engaged, Gave Birth and More!

Press PLAY below to watch me single-handedly turn Megan’s dangling daddy issue on its head, scroll down further to view some outtakes from my big day on the set, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Should I enter myself in the supporting or lead category at this year’s Emmys?

Loading video...

1. Paolo says:

Terrific! You look great. :)

2. Chloe says:

Cool! I think you’d be unbeatable in the Supporting catagory!

On a serious note, I really like this show & I love Dana & Mark. I’m really sorry it’s been cancelled. Any chance a cable network might pick it up?

3. Boiler says:

Ending this show the most idiotic thing of the season. ABC won’t have anything that draws as well as Body of Proof.

4. Kim R says:

DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!! Oh…was I yelling?? :)

5. Andy says:

The Mark Valley curse claims its next victim. He’s a great actor, shows are better with him on them (“Harry’s Law,” then “Body of Proof), but one and done season-wise.

• ang says:

Don’t forget Human Target and wasn’t he on Fringe for a while with his then real life wife?

• Andy says:

“Human Target” pulled an eleventh hour renewal for season two, you’re right. He was only a recurring guest star on “Fringe,” I thought.

• gina says:

^ completely agree with this, as soon as I read that Mark Valley was joining the show, I knew it was doomed. Its sad as I’ve being enjoying this series more than the previous 2. Hopefully the cast will all go on to other projects very soon.

6. Steve F. says:

The one silver lining: now that both Mark Valley and Chi McBride’s shows have ended… any chance they can resurrect Human Target?

7. Amy H says:

Definitely an Emmy worthy performance. The emotional force behind the words (oh, I guess word) was overwhelming.

8. tahina says:

Stopped watching once they decided killing Peter. Bye!

• Kim R says:

Take if from someone who was not planning to watch this season for just that reason….you have been missing out. The reboot was actually better than the first season, in my opinion. :)

• Alex says:

I hated that Peter was killed, but that was not the only reason the show stank this season. Valley was a terrible addition, Megan became extremely annoying, and the writing was simply awful. What a disappointment this season was. Because it was so bad, though, I’m not sorry the show is ending. I won’t miss it now.

9. tara17 says:

I enjoyed this show. It was hindered by its hiatus and numerous cast changes, but the leads are solid and it’s hitting its stride. A loss.

10. Cherry says:

Scene stealer!

I’ll miss Body of Proof and Dana! :( how dare you ABC!

11. Pat says:

I am so sadden that this show was cancelled. I was hoping that a Cable Network would pick it up. ABC this was a big, big mistake!

12. Jayne says:

That “ma’am” was authoritative with just the right amount of sympathy. Nice job. An Emmy will be coming your way.

13. GTS says:

This is tough. Obviously, you will win whatever category you are nominated for- but I think you should let another actor take the lead role, and go for the supporting actor.

14. Mary Jane says:

ABC has a knack for cancelling any show that’s good, they like to spend as little as possible. Don’t want scripted shows & replace it with crap & hope we’ll watch! NOT!!! Just look at their Daytime lineup! That should show you where Primetime is heading!

15. rebecca says:

Cheap ploy for click thrus, ey Ausiello? Because you are DEFINITELY the first VM alum we think of!

16. Ethel says:

So sad to see this show canceled and not picked up by a cable network. Of course, many of us are still upset with TNT for canceling Leverage. On the other hand, you look great and can dig my grave anytime! Well, after I die, that is!

17. ljd213 says:

This show went off my radar when they made the unneeded cast changes including killing off the character of Peter. The plot of Megan’s dad started with Peter in the first season and could have been carried out with him as Megan’s go to guy.

Won’t miss this at all.

• tardis repairman says:

I don’t know how you thought anyone could’ve survived last year’s cliffhanger. Peter’s death made sense– and worked well to underscore the tensions of this season’s shows.

18. TVDIVA says:

OMG. You have gotten even more handsome since your last cameo appearance on a show! Congrats on your latest acting gig. I hope you get more than a word next time.

19. Caro says:

ABC should not have cancelled Body of Proof – it was one of their only good shows! They seem to be migrating more and more to reality TV garbage! I don’t understand why another network hasn’t picked this show up – are they all as stupid as ABC? We know NBC is but what about the others?

20. Lisa says:

I saw the article on ABC’s fall lineup and they are going to regret cancelling Body of Proof when their other shows crash and burn! They are planning mostly crap for next season!

21. Norah says:

So sad about the cancellation. Going to miss this show! At least we still have the finale to look forward to!

22. Amy H says:

I really liked the addition of Mark Valley this season. It’s a shame ABC chose to cancel the show.

23. Boiler says:

Michael it is nice that they let you appear on the show. Now why don’t you skewer ABC and question why it is gone???!! Have seen nothing from ABC as to why

24. Monse Foster says:

This is just awesome, you look so hot there!

25. Linda says:

So sad this show was canceled. Epic fail ABC….

26. valeriel40 says:

Sorry about the cancellation, but I hope this gives Dana Delany a chance to guest star on Castle again!

27. Gabriella says:

I had not read the article when I watched the episode, but I recognized you immediately from all my years spent lurking your blogs and site. Congrats!!!

28. drhenning says:

It was all a function of money I would guess… Though it got decent enough ratings and better than most, as usual, it was watched by the wrong viewers so the ad revenue wasn’t as high as needed.. that and like Vegas which also got decent older ratings in the same timeslot before it got buried on Fridays, problems with high cast salaries for the names working.. Dana and Mark I would guess demanded lead actor dough…. oh well..